Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 162 163
Unnamed is not valid. If it were, we could name dragons Unnamed.

I don't want this until Unnamed is somehow not default and/or we can name dragons unnamed. Also, leaving dragons unnamed is a nice way to keep the coliseum lists more manageable. Adding a filter list changed from eligible only to something that explicitly includes unnamed as a filter option just sets them apart more.

I don't want this until Unnamed is somehow not default and/or we can name dragons unnamed. Also, leaving dragons unnamed is a nice way to keep the coliseum lists more manageable. Adding a filter list changed from eligible only to something that explicitly includes unnamed as a filter option just sets them apart more.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support. I want an unnamed dragon for lore. Trained. Let me have that
Support. I want an unnamed dragon for lore. Trained. Let me have that

[quote name="Almedha" date="2019-12-20 21:58:07" ] Unnamed is not valid. If it were, we could name dragons Unnamed. I don't want this until Unnamed is somehow not default and/or we can name dragons unnamed. Also, leaving dragons unnamed is a nice way to keep the coliseum lists more manageable. Adding a filter list changed from eligible only to something that explicitly includes unnamed as a filter option just sets them apart more. [/quote] I agree on all but one point, I want this even without the other two. However, I think that FR would benefit from removing the 'can't name unnamed' bit, and could easily bypass the potential '6Kt hidden fee' by doing what Aywas does. I have said this before: Aywas has it where you can name a dragon for free if you are naming from Unnamed. If you are changing a name from any other word, then it is 500BP. If you change it back to Unnamed from say Fred, it costs 500BP. However, once it is unnamed, to name it Cindy, it is free. Basically as long as the dragon is 'Unnamed' then it is free to name it. Changing the name from anything else costs, even if you change it to Unnamed. The only issue here would be the fear that players would 'unname' dragons and exalt them, but at 6Kt, I doubt that many players would spite unname and exalt. there probably would be a few people who would buy named dragons and unname them for lore/aesthetics purposes, but since it is now their dragons, I say go for it. We have also needed better sorting options for the Coliseum anyway. While you may use Unnamed (don't know if you do or not) to filter your lists of dragons, not everyone does, I try to name every dragon in my lair, so every dragon in my lair tends to show up (ironically, since I train my own hatchlings, often the only dragons that DON'T show up are the ones I actually want to train.) This makes it difficult because I often don't remember all the dragons, especially newer ones. That is why I support the idea of being able to prevent dragons from showing up in the coliseum, such as the Pacifist pledges thread. Even a piece of apparel that once added prevents a dragon from showing up (perhaps similar to the emperor's new clothes, where it doesn't actually show up on the dragon) or familiar, or even a battlestone that can replace scratch/meditate. I don't care how to do it, as long as it is relatively cheap (since there could be a lot of dragons that need to be excluded), reversible, and always available to be done. However, even without those two, I still want to train unnamed. Conversely, it would help me find my fodder dragons easier because as said, most of my dragons are named and my fodder dragons are often unnamed until I get the desire to slap a name on them and train them. I could name the few remaining permas without names, and just train any unnamed without fear of training a perma dragon because I forgot I just obtained it.
Almedha wrote on 2019-12-20 21:58:07:

I agree on all but one point, I want this even without the other two.

However, I think that FR would benefit from removing the 'can't name unnamed' bit, and could easily bypass the potential '6Kt hidden fee' by doing what Aywas does.

I have said this before: Aywas has it where you can name a dragon for free if you are naming from Unnamed. If you are changing a name from any other word, then it is 500BP. If you change it back to Unnamed from say Fred, it costs 500BP. However, once it is unnamed, to name it Cindy, it is free.

Basically as long as the dragon is 'Unnamed' then it is free to name it. Changing the name from anything else costs, even if you change it to Unnamed.

The only issue here would be the fear that players would 'unname' dragons and exalt them, but at 6Kt, I doubt that many players would spite unname and exalt. there probably would be a few people who would buy named dragons and unname them for lore/aesthetics purposes, but since it is now their dragons, I say go for it.

We have also needed better sorting options for the Coliseum anyway. While you may use Unnamed (don't know if you do or not) to filter your lists of dragons, not everyone does, I try to name every dragon in my lair, so every dragon in my lair tends to show up (ironically, since I train my own hatchlings, often the only dragons that DON'T show up are the ones I actually want to train.) This makes it difficult because I often don't remember all the dragons, especially newer ones.

That is why I support the idea of being able to prevent dragons from showing up in the coliseum, such as the Pacifist pledges thread. Even a piece of apparel that once added prevents a dragon from showing up (perhaps similar to the emperor's new clothes, where it doesn't actually show up on the dragon) or familiar, or even a battlestone that can replace scratch/meditate. I don't care how to do it, as long as it is relatively cheap (since there could be a lot of dragons that need to be excluded), reversible, and always available to be done.

However, even without those two, I still want to train unnamed. Conversely, it would help me find my fodder dragons easier because as said, most of my dragons are named and my fodder dragons are often unnamed until I get the desire to slap a name on them and train them. I could name the few remaining permas without names, and just train any unnamed without fear of training a perma dragon because I forgot I just obtained it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I support this, and I hate unnamed dragons in my offspring list.

If I don’t like something then I have to go the extra step to make sure it doesn’t happen. I can’t expect other to do things because it’s simply not their problem, and they outright bought the dragon so they can do whatever with it.

There are times I forget to name, so I politely message the user that bought it asking if they can name, or offer to buy it back for a little more then they payed because at the end of the day thats all I can do when I forget to take the extra step to name my offspring. Some times I get ignored, and other times they name things worse them unnamed (i had triplets all named yellowsomething i don’t remember) It sucks but at the end of the day it doesn’t change the value of my dragons to me, they are still the dragons I have had for literal years a few unnamed in their lists isn’t going ruin them to the point I don’t want them anymore
I support this, and I hate unnamed dragons in my offspring list.

If I don’t like something then I have to go the extra step to make sure it doesn’t happen. I can’t expect other to do things because it’s simply not their problem, and they outright bought the dragon so they can do whatever with it.

There are times I forget to name, so I politely message the user that bought it asking if they can name, or offer to buy it back for a little more then they payed because at the end of the day thats all I can do when I forget to take the extra step to name my offspring. Some times I get ignored, and other times they name things worse them unnamed (i had triplets all named yellowsomething i don’t remember) It sucks but at the end of the day it doesn’t change the value of my dragons to me, they are still the dragons I have had for literal years a few unnamed in their lists isn’t going ruin them to the point I don’t want them anymore
NO...NO..NO support. If you want to fight them just name them. Unnameds are fine for lore...or even selling or exalting (not a fan of unnamed exalts) even though i wish FR would ban unnamed exalts but they cant fight because the game sees them as not valid or worthy enough to fight. if you are going to go through the time to train them just to get rid of them. you can take two minutes to invest in a name. they are social creatures and having a name is a HUGE part of socialization. in fact it is the FIRST part. so no they should not be allowed to fight if they are unnamed. i like that it is kinda a "Punishment/incentive" to name your dragons.

this is fair since they can be exalted (much to peoples annoyance) but this doesnt require any social interaction. on the field you are being social in a way. therefore you NEED to have a name.
NO...NO..NO support. If you want to fight them just name them. Unnameds are fine for lore...or even selling or exalting (not a fan of unnamed exalts) even though i wish FR would ban unnamed exalts but they cant fight because the game sees them as not valid or worthy enough to fight. if you are going to go through the time to train them just to get rid of them. you can take two minutes to invest in a name. they are social creatures and having a name is a HUGE part of socialization. in fact it is the FIRST part. so no they should not be allowed to fight if they are unnamed. i like that it is kinda a "Punishment/incentive" to name your dragons.

this is fair since they can be exalted (much to peoples annoyance) but this doesnt require any social interaction. on the field you are being social in a way. therefore you NEED to have a name.
#unnamedisNOTvalid
Please ping me for all fourm responses.
7AJIzEM.png?2.png
I really hate the RNG name generator. I have always always preferred the system of:
Exalted dragons are unnamed. Don't bother clicking on them.
Named dragons have a home. Maybe click and see how they are doing?

There's even some of my permas that don't have a name. That's my choice on how I want to play. Yet, they're barred from coli. Why?
I really hate the RNG name generator. I have always always preferred the system of:
Exalted dragons are unnamed. Don't bother clicking on them.
Named dragons have a home. Maybe click and see how they are doing?

There's even some of my permas that don't have a name. That's my choice on how I want to play. Yet, they're barred from coli. Why?
Y3kY2LN.png
Please. I've bred a frightening amount of hatchlings and naming is hard, I'd love to skip a step before sending them to Spacedad. (Yes, I am aware that the name randomizer exists. I'd quite seriously rather play this way.)

Maybe it's a silly or petty reason to support this, but regardless of who owns the parents (in this case, I do, even though said parents are exalted) it's the owner's choice to exalt (named or unnamed), and to train - regardless of what the breeder's own views are.

We share this site, and I will always support more options for players of all kinds. If I don't agree with others' playstyles, then I either don't engage with them, or I name before selling (or other preventative measures). It's a matter of mutual respect to me.
Please. I've bred a frightening amount of hatchlings and naming is hard, I'd love to skip a step before sending them to Spacedad. (Yes, I am aware that the name randomizer exists. I'd quite seriously rather play this way.)

Maybe it's a silly or petty reason to support this, but regardless of who owns the parents (in this case, I do, even though said parents are exalted) it's the owner's choice to exalt (named or unnamed), and to train - regardless of what the breeder's own views are.

We share this site, and I will always support more options for players of all kinds. If I don't agree with others' playstyles, then I either don't engage with them, or I name before selling (or other preventative measures). It's a matter of mutual respect to me.
He/She/They | FR +3
[quote name="quinnelope" date="2020-01-28 17:09:56" ] We share this site, and I will always support more options for players of all kinds. If I don't agree with others' playstyles, then I either don't engage with them, or I name before selling (or other preventative measures). It's a matter of mutual respect to me. [/quote] This is how I feel. I name my dragons before I sell because the buyer cannot know my thoughts on those dragons. Do I want them to remain unnamed? do I want them to have a certain naming scheme? Do I dislike any types of names? All of these are things the buyer of a dragon cannot know, and should not be expected to know of the seller of the dragon. Thus I name my dragons for the benefit of other players. If they like a dragon and want its name to fit their aesthetic, then they can buy a renaming scroll and rename the dragon. Otherwise, chances are the dragon gets sent off to the deities with the name I chose, and the buyer doesn't have to worry I am going to throw a fit over what they named it. For those so worried about dragons they breed being sent to the deities unnamed, trained or not, it is simple: name your dragon before you sell it. Thus, I honestly see only one issue to allowing unnamed in the coliseum and that is the sorting issue mentioned a while ago, but that can be solved by another suggestion: the ability to remove dragons from the coliseum and breeding lists.
quinnelope wrote on 2020-01-28 17:09:56:
This is how I feel.

I name my dragons before I sell because the buyer cannot know my thoughts on those dragons. Do I want them to remain unnamed? do I want them to have a certain naming scheme? Do I dislike any types of names? All of these are things the buyer of a dragon cannot know, and should not be expected to know of the seller of the dragon. Thus I name my dragons for the benefit of other players.

If they like a dragon and want its name to fit their aesthetic, then they can buy a renaming scroll and rename the dragon. Otherwise, chances are the dragon gets sent off to the deities with the name I chose, and the buyer doesn't have to worry I am going to throw a fit over what they named it.

For those so worried about dragons they breed being sent to the deities unnamed, trained or not, it is simple: name your dragon before you sell it.

Thus, I honestly see only one issue to allowing unnamed in the coliseum and that is the sorting issue mentioned a while ago, but that can be solved by another suggestion: the ability to remove dragons from the coliseum and breeding lists.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Skywolf1" date="2020-01-28 16:39:11" ] NO...NO..NO support. If you want to fight them just name them. Unnameds are fine for lore...or even selling or exalting (not a fan of unnamed exalts) even though i wish FR would ban unnamed exalts but they cant fight because the game sees them as not valid or worthy enough to fight. if you are going to go through the time to train them just to get rid of them. you can take two minutes to invest in a name. they are social creatures and having a name is a HUGE part of socialization. in fact it is the FIRST part. so no they should not be allowed to fight if they are unnamed. i like that it is kinda a "Punishment/incentive" to name your dragons. [/quote] There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play Yes this suggestion might increase the number of dragons exalted unnamed, but players who dislike unnamed dragons can already prevent them by naming the dragons while they still belong to them. Dragons may be social creatures but it doesn't mean they need names. For you it may make perfect sense, but it doesn't mean everyone agrees with that. Dragons aren't humans so their concepts of self and identify can be different from humans, so in theory names may not be something they use. In fact at least one breed it could be argued that they probably don't use names: Tundras have poor memory when it comes to things like names, faces and details instead they rely on their olfactory memory, from a lore stand point its unlikely Tundras use names as we understand them
Skywolf1 wrote on 2020-01-28 16:39:11:
There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play

Yes this suggestion might increase the number of dragons exalted unnamed, but players who dislike unnamed dragons can already prevent them by naming the dragons while they still belong to them.

Dragons may be social creatures but it doesn't mean they need names. For you it may make perfect sense, but it doesn't mean everyone agrees with that. Dragons aren't humans so their concepts of self and identify can be different from humans, so in theory names may not be something they use. In fact at least one breed it could be argued that they probably don't use names: Tundras have poor memory when it comes to things like names, faces and details instead they rely on their olfactory memory, from a lore stand point its unlikely Tundras use names as we understand them
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-01-28 17:33:19" ] [quote name="Skywolf1" date="2020-01-28 16:39:11" ] NO...NO..NO support. If you want to fight them just name them. Unnameds are fine for lore...or even selling or exalting (not a fan of unnamed exalts) even though i wish FR would ban unnamed exalts but they cant fight because the game sees them as not valid or worthy enough to fight. if you are going to go through the time to train them just to get rid of them. you can take two minutes to invest in a name. they are social creatures and having a name is a HUGE part of socialization. in fact it is the FIRST part. so no they should not be allowed to fight if they are unnamed. i like that it is kinda a "Punishment/incentive" to name your dragons. [/quote] There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play Yes this suggestion might increase the number of dragons exalted unnamed, but players who dislike unnamed dragons can already prevent them by naming the dragons while they still belong to them. Dragons may be social creatures but it doesn't mean they need names. For you it may make perfect sense, but it doesn't mean everyone agrees with that. Dragons aren't humans so their concepts of self and identify can be different from humans, so in theory names may not be something they use. In fact at least one breed it could be argued that they probably don't use names: Tundras have poor memory when it comes to things like names, faces and details instead they rely on their olfactory memory, from a lore stand point its unlikely Tundras use names as we understand them [/quote] Also, even humans don't always give their children names (Probably most western cultures do, but that doesn't mean all cultures do), and at one time names were considered very powerful, so you NEVER used the name of a loved one where others could hear it. You might be giving power over your loved one to an enemy. Thus, with the mechanics available to users, dragons might go 'unnamed' into battle until they get a 'battle' name. Their real name is something only their clan knows, but their battle name is something that is used, well, in battle.
DragonSage wrote on 2020-01-28 17:33:19:
Skywolf1 wrote on 2020-01-28 16:39:11:
There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play

Yes this suggestion might increase the number of dragons exalted unnamed, but players who dislike unnamed dragons can already prevent them by naming the dragons while they still belong to them.

Dragons may be social creatures but it doesn't mean they need names. For you it may make perfect sense, but it doesn't mean everyone agrees with that. Dragons aren't humans so their concepts of self and identify can be different from humans, so in theory names may not be something they use. In fact at least one breed it could be argued that they probably don't use names: Tundras have poor memory when it comes to things like names, faces and details instead they rely on their olfactory memory, from a lore stand point its unlikely Tundras use names as we understand them
Also, even humans don't always give their children names (Probably most western cultures do, but that doesn't mean all cultures do), and at one time names were considered very powerful, so you NEVER used the name of a loved one where others could hear it. You might be giving power over your loved one to an enemy.

Thus, with the mechanics available to users, dragons might go 'unnamed' into battle until they get a 'battle' name. Their real name is something only their clan knows, but their battle name is something that is used, well, in battle.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 162 163