Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 162 163
No support.
No support.
"You don't need a reason to help someone "
~Zidane Tribal
[quote name="@FallenAngel" date="2019-09-09 15:24:58" ] Honest question, why do people WANT to train and exalt unnamed dragons? Faster? [/quote] For me, because they are my dragons and I can take forever to think up names. I want to train them on my time, and not when I have the energy to give them names, nor do I want to be forced to change their names later if I dislike the 'temporary' name I am forced to give them in order to train them.
@FallenAngel wrote on 2019-09-09 15:24:58:
Honest question, why do people WANT to train and exalt unnamed dragons?
Faster?
For me, because they are my dragons and I can take forever to think up names. I want to train them on my time, and not when I have the energy to give them names, nor do I want to be forced to change their names later if I dislike the 'temporary' name I am forced to give them in order to train them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@FallenAngel

Personally, I want to be able to train my own unnamed dragons so that I can have lvl 25 Unnamed dregs. It just goes with lore on some of the dragons I have eventually wound up naming. Now they will never be the same and the lore I had didn't make sense so I deleted it. I would also like to train the fodder dragons that I breed and own to exalt level. Some of them I don't want to have names. Some I haven't decided on a name yet. It would just be nice to level them up without and get a little more back from dragons I own.
@FallenAngel

Personally, I want to be able to train my own unnamed dragons so that I can have lvl 25 Unnamed dregs. It just goes with lore on some of the dragons I have eventually wound up naming. Now they will never be the same and the lore I had didn't make sense so I deleted it. I would also like to train the fodder dragons that I breed and own to exalt level. Some of them I don't want to have names. Some I haven't decided on a name yet. It would just be nice to level them up without and get a little more back from dragons I own.
809PcaV.png Introverted
Observant
Thinking
Judging
Assertive
floating_hearts_ace_by_awesomewaffle11-dczfieo.gif
#UnamedisValid
TrydZDi.png
WKtl2lb.png

pyAp3dI.png
HjfaxvA.png
@FallenAngel
There's lots of reasons that vary for different people, all valid.

For me? Partly because it's faster, it's not much time when it's just one dragon but it stacks up quick when you are training up lots of dragons and have go through the naming process over and over before you can get back to work.

Partly it's having control over your own dragons and what you can do with them, and that you shouldn't be barred from using them in one area of the site just because a dragon has the default name.

Sometimes it's because I have perma dragons who aren't ever getting a name, others I haven't found a name for yet, but either way I'd still like to be able to coli with them.
And I really dislike "placeholder" names. It takes time for me to find the right name, if I give a temp one it tends to stick even if it's not what I wanted and then ruins the dragon's chance to get a name that actually suits them.

And finally for me, I loathe about 85% of the names in the generator and just dislike another 10%. I'd rather have Unnameds for the exalted in my own breeding lists than most of the rando names. But because I train before exalting my hatchlings I spend a lot of time refreshing the random name to find something not awful. Being able to train Unnamed would make that massively better.

@FallenAngel
There's lots of reasons that vary for different people, all valid.

For me? Partly because it's faster, it's not much time when it's just one dragon but it stacks up quick when you are training up lots of dragons and have go through the naming process over and over before you can get back to work.

Partly it's having control over your own dragons and what you can do with them, and that you shouldn't be barred from using them in one area of the site just because a dragon has the default name.

Sometimes it's because I have perma dragons who aren't ever getting a name, others I haven't found a name for yet, but either way I'd still like to be able to coli with them.
And I really dislike "placeholder" names. It takes time for me to find the right name, if I give a temp one it tends to stick even if it's not what I wanted and then ruins the dragon's chance to get a name that actually suits them.

And finally for me, I loathe about 85% of the names in the generator and just dislike another 10%. I'd rather have Unnameds for the exalted in my own breeding lists than most of the rando names. But because I train before exalting my hatchlings I spend a lot of time refreshing the random name to find something not awful. Being able to train Unnamed would make that massively better.

[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2019-09-09 15:24:58" ] Honest question, why do people WANT to train and exalt unnamed dragons? Faster? [/quote] Because when you mass-buy fodder and 100 of them is unnamed, naming them takes so much time. Especially if you have a slow internet connection - I personally don't, but I can't imagine how painful naming so many dragons must be with bad internet. Whenever I have the option and luxury of choice, I prefer to buy named fodder. It saves me time with naming, the worry about getting messages with "pls name my babies!!!!!11!1!1!" and the person selling will not have to worry about a spoiled offspring list. It's a win/win.
FallenAngel wrote on 2019-09-09 15:24:58:
Honest question, why do people WANT to train and exalt unnamed dragons?
Faster?

Because when you mass-buy fodder and 100 of them is unnamed, naming them takes so much time. Especially if you have a slow internet connection - I personally don't, but I can't imagine how painful naming so many dragons must be with bad internet.

Whenever I have the option and luxury of choice, I prefer to buy named fodder. It saves me time with naming, the worry about getting messages with "pls name my babies!!!!!11!1!1!" and the person selling will not have to worry about a spoiled offspring list. It's a win/win.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
Lore-and logic-wise it doesn't make sense to have an unnamed soldier of any rank. How would you address it? Battallion of Unnamed nr. 23456789, move to location Ashfall Waste. Communication becomes confusing: "Hey, you - no, not you, you over there - ... can you tell id nr. 1234567 to give that red skydancer behind the barrel (not the one in the tree) a show of the perimeter?"

I'm for hiding Unnamed exalted offspring (as a toggle), but I'm also for giving the owner of both parents of the unnamed exalted dragon the possibility to name the hatchling 90+ days after it has been exalted (in case it is brought back). Sounds like a solution for everyone, right? And it shouldn't be too hard to implement code-wise.
Lore-and logic-wise it doesn't make sense to have an unnamed soldier of any rank. How would you address it? Battallion of Unnamed nr. 23456789, move to location Ashfall Waste. Communication becomes confusing: "Hey, you - no, not you, you over there - ... can you tell id nr. 1234567 to give that red skydancer behind the barrel (not the one in the tree) a show of the perimeter?"

I'm for hiding Unnamed exalted offspring (as a toggle), but I'm also for giving the owner of both parents of the unnamed exalted dragon the possibility to name the hatchling 90+ days after it has been exalted (in case it is brought back). Sounds like a solution for everyone, right? And it shouldn't be too hard to implement code-wise.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
^ It would make Unnamed dragons in the coliseum a "no-problem" - everyone win! ^
^ It would make Unnamed dragons in the coliseum a "no-problem" - everyone win! ^
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
[quote name="Lisegathe" date="2019-12-11 02:03:17" ] I'm for hiding Unnamed exalted offspring (as a toggle), but I'm also for giving the owner of both parents of the unnamed exalted dragon the possibility to name the hatchling 90+ days after it has been exalted (in case it is brought back). Sounds like a solution for everyone, right? And it shouldn't be too hard to implement code-wise. [/quote] Hate to break it to you, that won’t happen. Even if they own both parents, they have no right to do [i][b]anything[/b][/i] to the exalted dragon. It belongs to the person who bought it. No exceptions. I don’t have an opinion about hiding unnamed offspring one way or the other. Support to allow unnamed dragons in the coli. It would not only save exalters time, but it would help teach people to name their dragons before they sell them if they’re THAT concerned about their offspring lists.
Lisegathe wrote on 2019-12-11 02:03:17:

Hate to break it to you, that won’t happen. Even if they own both parents, they have no right to do anything to the exalted dragon. It belongs to the person who bought it. No exceptions.

I don’t have an opinion about hiding unnamed offspring one way or the other.

Support to allow unnamed dragons in the coli. It would not only save exalters time, but it would help teach people to name their dragons before they sell them if they’re THAT concerned about their offspring lists.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Lisegathe" date="2019-12-11 02:03:17" ] Lore-and logic-wise it doesn't make sense to have an unnamed soldier of any rank. How would you address it? Battallion of Unnamed nr. 23456789, move to location Ashfall Waste. Communication becomes confusing: "Hey, you - no, not you, you over there - ... can you tell id nr. 1234567 to give that red skydancer behind the barrel (not the one in the tree) a show of the perimeter?" I'm for hiding Unnamed exalted offspring (as a toggle), but I'm also for giving the owner of both parents of the unnamed exalted dragon the possibility to name the hatchling 90+ days after it has been exalted (in case it is brought back). Sounds like a solution for everyone, right? And it shouldn't be too hard to implement code-wise. [/quote] It doesn't matter, in your lore, they may have to be named. However, other people have different lore, and different imaginations There are some people who feel dragons have to 'earn' their names in battle. There are others who have more animalistic dragons who don't have 'names' because they don't communicate that particular way, so names are therefore useless. Perhaps in their lore names don't matter because in battle, all dragons HAVE to be silent so as to not give away position and/or information to the enemy about who is attacking. I read a story once where names were given great importance and it was the worst thing to be 'nameless' or unnamed. I believe they had entire battalions of unnamed soldiers all trying to earn a name. As for the solution, why? If the owner of both parents didn't bother to name the dragon before they sold it, why should they gain the ability once they sell it? They got what they wanted, the money for it, and once the dragon has left their lair, the dragon doesn't belong to them anymore. Also, what happens if I buy two dragons that are 'paired'. I never owned any of the offspring, should I suddenly gain the ability to rename dragons I [b]never[/b] owned? What about dragons with offspring? Shouldn't the people who own the offspring have some sort of say in whether or not the parents of their dragons get a name? Why should the people who had the opportunity to name the dragon before they sold it be more important than the person who bought it? Yes, most unnamed dragons were probably exalted unnamed because of time constraints, not lore. But, do you know what a mess it would be to try to figure out which dragons were exalted because of lore, in order to not change it, because the person who exalted still technically owns said dragon, even beyond the 90 days (dragons are tied to the account that exalted them, evidenced by exalted dragons changing flights when the account does), and they might reference that dragon in their lore on a different dragon, not directly through parents/offspring lists. Basically, if it isn't your dragon, it isn't your problem, no matter where it shows up on site.
Lisegathe wrote on 2019-12-11 02:03:17:

It doesn't matter, in your lore, they may have to be named. However, other people have different lore, and different imaginations

There are some people who feel dragons have to 'earn' their names in battle. There are others who have more animalistic dragons who don't have 'names' because they don't communicate that particular way, so names are therefore useless. Perhaps in their lore names don't matter because in battle, all dragons HAVE to be silent so as to not give away position and/or information to the enemy about who is attacking. I read a story once where names were given great importance and it was the worst thing to be 'nameless' or unnamed. I believe they had entire battalions of unnamed soldiers all trying to earn a name.

As for the solution, why? If the owner of both parents didn't bother to name the dragon before they sold it, why should they gain the ability once they sell it? They got what they wanted, the money for it, and once the dragon has left their lair, the dragon doesn't belong to them anymore.

Also, what happens if I buy two dragons that are 'paired'. I never owned any of the offspring, should I suddenly gain the ability to rename dragons I never owned?

What about dragons with offspring? Shouldn't the people who own the offspring have some sort of say in whether or not the parents of their dragons get a name?

Why should the people who had the opportunity to name the dragon before they sold it be more important than the person who bought it?

Yes, most unnamed dragons were probably exalted unnamed because of time constraints, not lore. But, do you know what a mess it would be to try to figure out which dragons were exalted because of lore, in order to not change it, because the person who exalted still technically owns said dragon, even beyond the 90 days (dragons are tied to the account that exalted them, evidenced by exalted dragons changing flights when the account does), and they might reference that dragon in their lore on a different dragon, not directly through parents/offspring lists.

Basically, if it isn't your dragon, it isn't your problem, no matter where it shows up on site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support because I can't think of names for fodder, and I don't always like the name randomizer!
Support because I can't think of names for fodder, and I don't always like the name randomizer!
?CcFJz=party.pngtViXL.gifOkP1O.gif
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 162 163