Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Meet My Ball Python
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pinglist please!! I love snakes!!
Pinglist please!! I love snakes!!
she/her|artist|FR+1
While I don't have a snake I do know enough to say that BPs do have a bit of a reputation for being picky eaters. Good on you for persevering though, it's always best to get them on f/t!

Edit: Just as an added thought, if you're in america there are always reptilinks? They do whole prey sausages for snakes as well as mixed stuff for lizards.

They don't deliver where I am sadly.
While I don't have a snake I do know enough to say that BPs do have a bit of a reputation for being picky eaters. Good on you for persevering though, it's always best to get them on f/t!

Edit: Just as an added thought, if you're in america there are always reptilinks? They do whole prey sausages for snakes as well as mixed stuff for lizards.

They don't deliver where I am sadly.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@variian
I'll try the mulch mixture next time I clean Solaris's tank. I usually clean after Solaris poops, so about once weekly (although this is because the moss mat is easily removed and cleaned). Do you change out your substrate monthly or every few weeks?

@Carvaiine
Baby BPs are generally housed in 20 gallon long tanks, but Solaris loves exploring and climbing when he's awake so I decided to give him plenty of room. I placed five artificial plants and four hides throughout the tank to make him feel secure. I also covered three sides of the tank with a forest background so Solaris feels less exposed. He has no trouble finding the UTH or water bowl, and he is a great eater, so he is thriving in the large tank. I know that many BPs struggle in too large of a tank, but Solaris likes his space.

@Avessa
I honestly don't think that Solaris would eat a sausage, but if I ever get another carnivorous reptile I'll have to try them!
@variian
I'll try the mulch mixture next time I clean Solaris's tank. I usually clean after Solaris poops, so about once weekly (although this is because the moss mat is easily removed and cleaned). Do you change out your substrate monthly or every few weeks?

@Carvaiine
Baby BPs are generally housed in 20 gallon long tanks, but Solaris loves exploring and climbing when he's awake so I decided to give him plenty of room. I placed five artificial plants and four hides throughout the tank to make him feel secure. I also covered three sides of the tank with a forest background so Solaris feels less exposed. He has no trouble finding the UTH or water bowl, and he is a great eater, so he is thriving in the large tank. I know that many BPs struggle in too large of a tank, but Solaris likes his space.

@Avessa
I honestly don't think that Solaris would eat a sausage, but if I ever get another carnivorous reptile I'll have to try them!
@Tristonia Maybe not but they do a range of scent sprays, one is african soft fur, especially for ball pythons. They reccommend it for transitioning to f/t for 'difficult' snakes.
@Tristonia Maybe not but they do a range of scent sprays, one is african soft fur, especially for ball pythons. They reccommend it for transitioning to f/t for 'difficult' snakes.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
P I N G L I S T

I C A N ' T E V E N
P I N G L I S T

I C A N ' T E V E N
@Avessa
I did see that and I'll probably end up trying it. I have a long list of methods to try, most of them involving scenting using different rodents. Thankfully, I have access to many small animal beddings since I work at Petco. So far, scenting with hamster bedding and chicken broth has not worked.
@Avessa
I did see that and I'll probably end up trying it. I have a long list of methods to try, most of them involving scenting using different rodents. Thankfully, I have access to many small animal beddings since I work at Petco. So far, scenting with hamster bedding and chicken broth has not worked.
0-0 your cat looks a lot like mine, wow.

but HHNNNNGGGG snek
0-0 your cat looks a lot like mine, wow.

but HHNNNNGGGG snek
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
Dayum, that boy is l o n g
Dayum, that boy is l o n g
@Tristonia *Heart melts*
@Tristonia *Heart melts*
g8T8XC2.png
Love ball pythons. Gosh, your Solaris is so adorable :O
Love ball pythons. Gosh, your Solaris is so adorable :O
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9