Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 151 152
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-11 16:27:54" ] Hello everyone! So, it started with an eyedea idea: the team has always wanted to include eye types as a random element in breeding. The ultimate goal was implementing new variation to dragons that was really spectacular, but also rare and special. The storytelling behind Bounty of the Elements and some new technology helped make this a reality. We were more than a little excited to hopefully add a breath of fresh air to the breeding system. Our intent was for natural eye types to only apply to dragons upon the moment of their hatching. We felt that adding some extra magic would be a really great way for all players to have the opportunity to produce hatchlings with a little something special (every now and again) to make them rare and valuable. We recognize that our intent was not laid out as explicitly as it could have been, and will do our best to be better about that going forward, especially when one feature modifies another. Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight. As the anniversary approached, we thought it might be nice to give everyone a way to have a brief opportunity to roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched. We decided to exclude Common eye types from the rolling chances, because all existing dragons had them. We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize. Going forward, here's what we'd like everyone to know: Vials of Scattersight will not be returning to the game; we still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively. We have plans for future eye types that will be obtainable through the Marketplace (and more)! We agree that an item that reverts a dragon's eye type to Common is a good idea, and we plan to implement one in a future update. On the subject of Common eyes (we touched on this yesterday in the announcement thread, but we want to mention it again): We normally note official art updates in an announcement post and (this is embarrassing) we just straight forgot to note it. With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardize the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds. We are going to leave this thread open and ask that any comments or questions be posted here, rather than across several others on the boards. Thank you for hanging in there and for your patience while we reviewed your feedback! [/quote] But what about those who are stressed/made ill/triggered by certain eye types? Will there be ANYTHING to help those who are made distressed, upset, ill, or even triggered by those eye types?
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-11 16:27:54:
Hello everyone!

So, it started with an eyedea idea: the team has always wanted to include eye types as a random element in breeding. The ultimate goal was implementing new variation to dragons that was really spectacular, but also rare and special. The storytelling behind Bounty of the Elements and some new technology helped make this a reality. We were more than a little excited to hopefully add a breath of fresh air to the breeding system.

Our intent was for natural eye types to only apply to dragons upon the moment of their hatching. We felt that adding some extra magic would be a really great way for all players to have the opportunity to produce hatchlings with a little something special (every now and again) to make them rare and valuable. We recognize that our intent was not laid out as explicitly as it could have been, and will do our best to be better about that going forward, especially when one feature modifies another.

Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight. As the anniversary approached, we thought it might be nice to give everyone a way to have a brief opportunity to roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched. We decided to exclude Common eye types from the rolling chances, because all existing dragons had them. We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.

Going forward, here's what we'd like everyone to know:

Vials of Scattersight will not be returning to the game; we still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively.
We have plans for future eye types that will be obtainable through the Marketplace (and more)!
We agree that an item that reverts a dragon's eye type to Common is a good idea, and we plan to implement one in a future update.

On the subject of Common eyes (we touched on this yesterday in the announcement thread, but we want to mention it again): We normally note official art updates in an announcement post and (this is embarrassing) we just straight forgot to note it. With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardize the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds.

We are going to leave this thread open and ask that any comments or questions be posted here, rather than across several others on the boards.

Thank you for hanging in there and for your patience while we reviewed your feedback!

But what about those who are stressed/made ill/triggered by certain eye types? Will there be ANYTHING to help those who are made distressed, upset, ill, or even triggered by those eye types?
bHeX9bv.png
The revert-to-common WAS supposed to help those people.

In fact, many of those people specifically requested it and said it would solve the problem.
The revert-to-common WAS supposed to help those people.

In fact, many of those people specifically requested it and said it would solve the problem.
/sighs. so glad we got a response but i'm very unhappy with it. it makes no sense that the vials aren't returning and that the only way to get eyes is to breed. there goes any plans anyone has with the new eyes. would've been so much better if the scattersight never existed. now that there's a chance to get the eyes to a dragon you like- no wait, there isn't

cool that we get more new eyes tho. i guess
/sighs. so glad we got a response but i'm very unhappy with it. it makes no sense that the vials aren't returning and that the only way to get eyes is to breed. there goes any plans anyone has with the new eyes. would've been so much better if the scattersight never existed. now that there's a chance to get the eyes to a dragon you like- no wait, there isn't

cool that we get more new eyes tho. i guess
b1849cc369e3fe4113b5d6547cd52b1e.png
It's great to hear a thorough response to this drama. Knowing that a revert to common eye item will be implemented in the future, makes me feel so much better about the scatter vials retiring fully.
It's great to hear a thorough response to this drama. Knowing that a revert to common eye item will be implemented in the future, makes me feel so much better about the scatter vials retiring fully.
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-11 18:30:17" ] [quote name="ToxicToucan" date="2018-06-11 18:27:26" ] I'd like to remind everyone that they did say that they are going to introduce more eye types at a later date that will be available through the marketplace. So yes, maybe we won't get some of the eye type possibilities for our older dragons, but we have the possibility of getting a whole lot more unique and interesting eye types later. I know some people will still be frustrated that they can't get primal or multi for some of their old, precious babes, but maybe give them a chance to roll out marketplace eyes before you take up the torches and pitchforks? (DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to be rude or dismiss anyone's complaints. I'd just like to see a bit of patience from my fellow players. The staff have acknowledged that they have been listening. Give them a little time to try to figure things out <3 ) [/quote] Can we really say they've been [i]listening [/i]when they have completely disregarded community feedback for their own "vision" when that vision has obviously caused a ton of stress and anxiety, and goes against the core breeding mechanics we've had since the beginning? It's been proven on this site and hundreds of others already that "You can have some but not all" only generates toxicity. I don't understand why they want more of that. [/quote] I wholeheartedly agree. This update, while it reassured me that I could at the very least grab a "revert to common" scroll, proceeded to slap me in the face the further I read down. I spent hours grinding for scattergaze vials only to get roughly 25 of them. I haven't gotten a pair of eyes above rare and, honestly, I'm scared to use the remaining vials in my hoard. Just because I might be able to get future eye types doesn't mean I'll enjoy them the same as Primal, Multigaze, and Faceted. I'm hoping and praying that scrolls for the now existing eye types get added. I've spent so much time and money trying to get the dragons that I love, that I feel are wonderful, and now there's a cool new feature 95% of my old dragons will never be able to experience to its fullest capacity. While I understand that staff might've had good intentions, the blatant oversight on this shows that a beta test run or feedback thread like the Tapir/Striation vote or Ribbon Style vote would've saved us from so much stress on all sides. That we heard nothing until the event was over stings too, I'll admit; I was up until 3 AM my time refreshing to just see anything at all on the front page every day of the event. After today I'm really going to struggle buying gems like I used to and even playing the game at all for a little while. I want to love this game like I did when I first started, but things like the disaster of the eye implementation are driving my interest into the ground. It's hard not to feel downtrodden right now and I just hope staff can acknowledge that.
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-11 18:30:17:
ToxicToucan wrote on 2018-06-11 18:27:26:
I'd like to remind everyone that they did say that they are going to introduce more eye types at a later date that will be available through the marketplace. So yes, maybe we won't get some of the eye type possibilities for our older dragons, but we have the possibility of getting a whole lot more unique and interesting eye types later.

I know some people will still be frustrated that they can't get primal or multi for some of their old, precious babes, but maybe give them a chance to roll out marketplace eyes before you take up the torches and pitchforks?

(DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to be rude or dismiss anyone's complaints. I'd just like to see a bit of patience from my fellow players. The staff have acknowledged that they have been listening. Give them a little time to try to figure things out <3 )

Can we really say they've been listening when they have completely disregarded community feedback for their own "vision" when that vision has obviously caused a ton of stress and anxiety, and goes against the core breeding mechanics we've had since the beginning?

It's been proven on this site and hundreds of others already that "You can have some but not all" only generates toxicity. I don't understand why they want more of that.

I wholeheartedly agree. This update, while it reassured me that I could at the very least grab a "revert to common" scroll, proceeded to slap me in the face the further I read down. I spent hours grinding for scattergaze vials only to get roughly 25 of them. I haven't gotten a pair of eyes above rare and, honestly, I'm scared to use the remaining vials in my hoard. Just because I might be able to get future eye types doesn't mean I'll enjoy them the same as Primal, Multigaze, and Faceted. I'm hoping and praying that scrolls for the now existing eye types get added. I've spent so much time and money trying to get the dragons that I love, that I feel are wonderful, and now there's a cool new feature 95% of my old dragons will never be able to experience to its fullest capacity.

While I understand that staff might've had good intentions, the blatant oversight on this shows that a beta test run or feedback thread like the Tapir/Striation vote or Ribbon Style vote would've saved us from so much stress on all sides. That we heard nothing until the event was over stings too, I'll admit; I was up until 3 AM my time refreshing to just see anything at all on the front page every day of the event. After today I'm really going to struggle buying gems like I used to and even playing the game at all for a little while. I want to love this game like I did when I first started, but things like the disaster of the eye implementation are driving my interest into the ground.

It's hard not to feel downtrodden right now and I just hope staff can acknowledge that.
kzfQS2f.png
I see great emphasis on the word natural. Does anything change for multi-gaze?

I'm sorry the team experienced such a headache.
I see great emphasis on the word natural. Does anything change for multi-gaze?

I'm sorry the team experienced such a headache.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Well, the silence to my question only makes me speculate that "yes, you should forget about getting the eyes you wanted for your current dragon, tough luck mate."

5 years.. lets celebrate by making something for new players, because all of you who have old dragons aren't buying stuff. Lets also make an artificially limited resource so that players can rip each other off with in the auction house later.

And then lets say we heard and understood the concerns of the community but not give them what they ask for anyway, because that would upset the people that farmed and hoarded the scrolls to rip others off with later and make us look weak.

I am sorry but this stings, really hard. I thought this place was primarily roleplay and storytelling with a side of breeding. And that the whole point was building your dragon the way you wanted with varying degrees of effort and build your story and lore. But we are doing this now?

I was initially giving the benefit of the doubt and felt relieved to see some response, but then you are just selectively answering easy and obvious questions, and avoiding the important ones. But that's what it is now. I guess success is a boon and a poison after all.
Well, the silence to my question only makes me speculate that "yes, you should forget about getting the eyes you wanted for your current dragon, tough luck mate."

5 years.. lets celebrate by making something for new players, because all of you who have old dragons aren't buying stuff. Lets also make an artificially limited resource so that players can rip each other off with in the auction house later.

And then lets say we heard and understood the concerns of the community but not give them what they ask for anyway, because that would upset the people that farmed and hoarded the scrolls to rip others off with later and make us look weak.

I am sorry but this stings, really hard. I thought this place was primarily roleplay and storytelling with a side of breeding. And that the whole point was building your dragon the way you wanted with varying degrees of effort and build your story and lore. But we are doing this now?

I was initially giving the benefit of the doubt and felt relieved to see some response, but then you are just selectively answering easy and obvious questions, and avoiding the important ones. But that's what it is now. I guess success is a boon and a poison after all.
Personally I am glad that the vial wont be returning, i think it does make MUCH more sense (after reading the new lore book in the Encyclopedia) that the new eyes be for new hatchlings!
Personally I am glad that the vial wont be returning, i think it does make MUCH more sense (after reading the new lore book in the Encyclopedia) that the new eyes be for new hatchlings!
39.png
[quote name="Shian" date="2018-06-11 18:37:48" ] [quote name="Ignatius" date="2018-06-11 18:31:10" ] [quote name="Syntax" date="2018-06-11 17:06:52" ] Three days. You watched this website ablaze with panic, frustration, and confusion, for three days. You watched countless users express their anxieties, their worries, their frustrations, and their suggestions to improve, for three days. Their arguments ranging from elegant to crude, their wishes, their fears, and all the reasonings behind them, asking for something to be done about the vials, about the eye types, and about the fate of older dragons that would never have otherwise be eligible for new eyes. And you said no. I cannot ever begin to articulate how much respect I've lost for the lot of you right now. [/quote] Hey, can people please remember that flight rising is a job for staff? People deserve days off. [/quote] Great. Take a day off. On any other day than your big anniversary announcement. Your players have spent the last three days stressed anxious tired and utterly, absolutely worried sick since no questions were ever answered the whole event. I'm glad [i]someone[/i] got some rest this weekend but it sure as heck shouldn't have been the admin team [b]during their own anniversary event[/b]. No other website does this. Only FR. Every other website has all hands during events because it's a big day. Not sure where the logic is here. [/quote] You're being a little over dramatic don't you think? I get that a lot of people were worried about the changes made to the eye bases but from what I've gathered.... A majority of the people still enjoyed the event overall. There are only so many mods on the site. They have to filter through a lot of garbage posts before any consensus can be made and honestly, three days is not enough time to do that. Especially not when they have to stop and filter out all the hate speech that stemmed from people taking this WAY TO FAR. All mods were on hand but they were busy dealing with damage control. I don't think 'A Break' is exactly the right words here considering how horribly people reacted. This event was something people have been begging for, for years! It honestly breaks my heart to see the dev team roasted for implementing something the community has been asking for. I get the elemental eyes have been changed but that was part of the visual update. The new eyes better reflect FR's art style and if people were really considered about it, they should have taken on the issue up in a better manner.
Shian wrote on 2018-06-11 18:37:48:
Ignatius wrote on 2018-06-11 18:31:10:
Syntax wrote on 2018-06-11 17:06:52:
Three days.

You watched this website ablaze with panic, frustration, and confusion, for three days. You watched countless users express their anxieties, their worries, their frustrations, and their suggestions to improve, for three days. Their arguments ranging from elegant to crude, their wishes, their fears, and all the reasonings behind them, asking for something to be done about the vials, about the eye types, and about the fate of older dragons that would never have otherwise be eligible for new eyes.

And you said no.

I cannot ever begin to articulate how much respect I've lost for the lot of you right now.

Hey, can people please remember that flight rising is a job for staff? People deserve days off.

Great. Take a day off.
On any other day than your big anniversary announcement. Your players have spent the last three days stressed anxious tired and utterly, absolutely worried sick since no questions were ever answered the whole event.
I'm glad someone got some rest this weekend but it sure as heck shouldn't have been the admin team during their own anniversary event.

No other website does this. Only FR. Every other website has all hands during events because it's a big day. Not sure where the logic is here.

You're being a little over dramatic don't you think? I get that a lot of people were worried about the changes made to the eye bases but from what I've gathered.... A majority of the people still enjoyed the event overall. There are only so many mods on the site. They have to filter through a lot of garbage posts before any consensus can be made and honestly, three days is not enough time to do that. Especially not when they have to stop and filter out all the hate speech that stemmed from people taking this WAY TO FAR.

All mods were on hand but they were busy dealing with damage control. I don't think 'A Break' is exactly the right words here considering how horribly people reacted. This event was something people have been begging for, for years! It honestly breaks my heart to see the dev team roasted for implementing something the community has been asking for. I get the elemental eyes have been changed but that was part of the visual update. The new eyes better reflect FR's art style and if people were really considered about it, they should have taken on the issue up in a better manner.
Hello, Star Voyagers.
@Shadria
Eyes are placed overtop skins and accents so you don't need to worry about drawing around them like you might with spines. I tested a bunch of skins/accents with a dragon with primal eyes so I'm pretty certain nothing's broken.

@Shadria
Eyes are placed overtop skins and accents so you don't need to worry about drawing around them like you might with spines. I tested a bunch of skins/accents with a dragon with primal eyes so I'm pretty certain nothing's broken.

This is a signature.
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 151 152