Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
@Jackabug Did you miss this in the very first post? Third paragraph, last sentence. [quote]We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.[/quote]
@Jackabug

Did you miss this in the very first post? Third paragraph, last sentence.
Quote:
We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.
FHDwgvu.pngPr4E9B4.png7IrlcZp.png
Awww man! >:/ I was really hoping theu woupd coke nack at some point. I only uave 1 left and i dont have NEARLY ENOUGH to buy another dang vial. Welp. I'll just deal. It was the admins choice
Awww man! >:/ I was really hoping theu woupd coke nack at some point. I only uave 1 left and i dont have NEARLY ENOUGH to buy another dang vial. Welp. I'll just deal. It was the admins choice
Fae | They/he/she | FR+3
[quote name="Malbora" date="2018-06-15 09:49:30" ] @Jackabug Did you miss this in the very first post? Third paragraph, last sentence. [quote]We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.[/quote] [/quote] As someone else mentioned much earlier in this post (I forgot who exactly) at this point, an apology doesn't mean much if they don't change anything. If they just say sorry but leave everything as it is, it comes across more as "sorry but your opinions mean nothing to us" rather than a true apology. However, I do think it's fair to give staff more time to sort everything out before deciding that they're really doing nothing. I mean Aequorin did say they're still reviewing our comments: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-15 06:41:45" ] Hi everyone! As it's Friday, we're going to go ahead and unsticky the thread; however, it will remain open for discussion. [b]We will continue to review this thread,[/b] even if we can't (per policy) comment directly on suggestions or answer most questions. [/quote]
Malbora wrote on 2018-06-15 09:49:30:
@Jackabug

Quote:
We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.

As someone else mentioned much earlier in this post (I forgot who exactly) at this point, an apology doesn't mean much if they don't change anything. If they just say sorry but leave everything as it is, it comes across more as "sorry but your opinions mean nothing to us" rather than a true apology.

However, I do think it's fair to give staff more time to sort everything out before deciding that they're really doing nothing. I mean Aequorin did say they're still reviewing our comments:
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-15 06:41:45:
Hi everyone! As it's Friday, we're going to go ahead and unsticky the thread; however, it will remain open for discussion. We will continue to review this thread, even if we can't (per policy) comment directly on suggestions or answer most questions.
@DJFeather

Well we're not getting a full answer for a while. First off they are most likely preparing a full statement on this situation, and second Brightshine Jubilee is coming up and they had to delay the skin and accent contest as a result of all the drama this whole eye thing produced up until the other day

Again, there are other things more boycott worthy than whether or not staff are silent on the issue of the eye types. It would be one thing if they were silent on something more serious involving a staff member (or staff members) doing something overly horrendous towards users or their own staff members. (which, to my knowledge, hasn't occurred) THEN I would be upset and wanting to cut the purse strings

But you're wanting to call for a boycott over them being radio silent over what to do on eye types, yes it's frustrating that they aren't saying much, but calling for such a thing to occur is a waste of energy and you're not accomplishing anything.
@DJFeather

Well we're not getting a full answer for a while. First off they are most likely preparing a full statement on this situation, and second Brightshine Jubilee is coming up and they had to delay the skin and accent contest as a result of all the drama this whole eye thing produced up until the other day

Again, there are other things more boycott worthy than whether or not staff are silent on the issue of the eye types. It would be one thing if they were silent on something more serious involving a staff member (or staff members) doing something overly horrendous towards users or their own staff members. (which, to my knowledge, hasn't occurred) THEN I would be upset and wanting to cut the purse strings

But you're wanting to call for a boycott over them being radio silent over what to do on eye types, yes it's frustrating that they aren't saying much, but calling for such a thing to occur is a waste of energy and you're not accomplishing anything.
CitL1lh.png yaZ9E.gif
[quote name="@Malbora" date="2018-06-15 09:49:30" ] @Jackabug Did you miss this in the very first post? Third paragraph, last sentence. [quote]We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.[/quote] [/quote] Oops! I did see that back when the thread first opened, and I just plain forgot about it in the days since, because of all the other unaddressed issues. Mea culpa, and I'll edit my previous post. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.
@Malbora wrote on 2018-06-15 09:49:30:
@Jackabug

Quote:

Oops! I did see that back when the thread first opened, and I just plain forgot about it in the days since, because of all the other unaddressed issues. Mea culpa, and I'll edit my previous post. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.
...Q2qxxGt.png
[quote name="Artemis01" date="2018-06-15 10:31:59" ] @/DJFeather Well we're not getting a full answer for a while.[b] First off they are most likely preparing a full statement on this situation[/b], and second Brightshine Jubilee is coming up and they had to delay the skin and accent contest as a result of all the drama this whole eye thing produced up until the other day [/quote] Unfortunately I just don't have enough faith in the Staff anymore to believe that. If this isn't the last we hear from anyone on this, I'll be surprised.
Artemis01 wrote on 2018-06-15 10:31:59:
@/DJFeather

Unfortunately I just don't have enough faith in the Staff anymore to believe that. If this isn't the last we hear from anyone on this, I'll be surprised.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
My parents are small business owners, and if they ever let down any significant fraction of their customers, you'd best believe they'd be on the phone for 12 hours a day (yes, even on weekends. ESPECIALLY on weekends! ) reassuring customers that they'll make things right. Sure, the FR staff don't need to tell us what exactly they will do to fix things for all the players that are upset, but a promise just to look for solutions could have worked wonders.
My parents are small business owners, and if they ever let down any significant fraction of their customers, you'd best believe they'd be on the phone for 12 hours a day (yes, even on weekends. ESPECIALLY on weekends! ) reassuring customers that they'll make things right. Sure, the FR staff don't need to tell us what exactly they will do to fix things for all the players that are upset, but a promise just to look for solutions could have worked wonders.
2e2UMYR.png
I just want to clarify my position on things and why I am still upset about this.

I love reading. I have hundreds or more of free online fiction saved to my computer to reread at leisure.

When I first started out, I didn't know where to find the 'good stuff' so the fiction, while having good plots, was relatively mediocre in implementation. I now know where to find the well written stories, so the stories I get are much better in implementation.

When I read a story full of misused words, homonyms, grammar mistakes etc.. I over look them and overlook a lot of 'plot holes' if I like the overall story. However, when I read a story that is excellently written, I am MUCH more nit-picky about misspellings and using the wrong words, and much much more critical of plot holes.

Why? Because all the mistakes get lost in the first story, while in the second one, they are glaringly obvious.

This update is like that. If the update were, as some people are trying to say those complaining feel, simply horrible, then I would just shrug and move on.

However, it wasn't. It was a genuinely good update. I think new eye variants would and will be something to get people interested in breeding again, and it is tangential to what many users wanted: ways to change eyes of dragons. While this isn't a full on 'eye color change' these eyes can help those who want more customization.

BUT, how they implemented it is absolutely horrible. A quick perusal of the suggestions forum would show that most users want MORE control over their dragons and hatchlings, not less. Even people who are in favor of randomization mostly, it seems, wanted to at least be able to opt in to such a feature instead of it being forced on all dragons and all breeding pairs.

Many players also have old dragons they consider 'irreplaceable' and thus don't want to be 'locked out' of updates that allow further customization. Excluding every single existing dragon, as they were, from the sound of it, going to do would also be something that should have been fairly easy to see wouldn't go down. (yes we get 'glowing' eyes, but, just like the breeding only eyes, they aren't necessarily interchangeable with each other, someone who wants primal on their dragon, might not necessarily want glowing, and someone who loves glowing might hate multi-eyes. Even future eyes won't alleviate this problem because someone who thinks primal is PERFECT for their elemental mage dragon might not necessarily (since I don't know what it coming out) find any of the new unnatural eye types that fit that character.

I do understand staying true to a vision and that this is their site, not ours. However, don't be surprised at backlash when your vision doesn't line up with the player's vision.
I just want to clarify my position on things and why I am still upset about this.

I love reading. I have hundreds or more of free online fiction saved to my computer to reread at leisure.

When I first started out, I didn't know where to find the 'good stuff' so the fiction, while having good plots, was relatively mediocre in implementation. I now know where to find the well written stories, so the stories I get are much better in implementation.

When I read a story full of misused words, homonyms, grammar mistakes etc.. I over look them and overlook a lot of 'plot holes' if I like the overall story. However, when I read a story that is excellently written, I am MUCH more nit-picky about misspellings and using the wrong words, and much much more critical of plot holes.

Why? Because all the mistakes get lost in the first story, while in the second one, they are glaringly obvious.

This update is like that. If the update were, as some people are trying to say those complaining feel, simply horrible, then I would just shrug and move on.

However, it wasn't. It was a genuinely good update. I think new eye variants would and will be something to get people interested in breeding again, and it is tangential to what many users wanted: ways to change eyes of dragons. While this isn't a full on 'eye color change' these eyes can help those who want more customization.

BUT, how they implemented it is absolutely horrible. A quick perusal of the suggestions forum would show that most users want MORE control over their dragons and hatchlings, not less. Even people who are in favor of randomization mostly, it seems, wanted to at least be able to opt in to such a feature instead of it being forced on all dragons and all breeding pairs.

Many players also have old dragons they consider 'irreplaceable' and thus don't want to be 'locked out' of updates that allow further customization. Excluding every single existing dragon, as they were, from the sound of it, going to do would also be something that should have been fairly easy to see wouldn't go down. (yes we get 'glowing' eyes, but, just like the breeding only eyes, they aren't necessarily interchangeable with each other, someone who wants primal on their dragon, might not necessarily want glowing, and someone who loves glowing might hate multi-eyes. Even future eyes won't alleviate this problem because someone who thinks primal is PERFECT for their elemental mage dragon might not necessarily (since I don't know what it coming out) find any of the new unnatural eye types that fit that character.

I do understand staying true to a vision and that this is their site, not ours. However, don't be surprised at backlash when your vision doesn't line up with the player's vision.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
You know, when I wrote my first post, it was half out of a desire that maybe something would change. But it's clear to me now that the staff are going to continue to ignore the userbase because it's convenient for them.

I understand that you can't make promises. But you still have not addressed any of our issues. You still haven't told us why the Scattersight Vials needed to be retired. You haven't explained why you decided that three days was sufficient for an anniversary celebration. And most of all, you haven't explained why you need to keep your silence. These do not require promises to be made. These require sitting down at your keyboard and explaining your reasoning for the decisions you've made. It will not undo what has been done. At this point, it will be a band-aid on an amputation. But at least you will have tried.

Unstickying the thread is the opposite of good communication. You're reverting back to ignoring the userbase and hoping they give up. But it should be clear by the fact that this thread is still going strong that this is not going to happen. Please, I am begging you. Give us an explanation. Address the concerns that you can (like the errors in Multi-Gaze, because that is something that shouldn't need internal discussion to fix.) Let us know that you're actually paying attention to us, and not just copy-pasting a response in the hopes that we'll go away.
You know, when I wrote my first post, it was half out of a desire that maybe something would change. But it's clear to me now that the staff are going to continue to ignore the userbase because it's convenient for them.

I understand that you can't make promises. But you still have not addressed any of our issues. You still haven't told us why the Scattersight Vials needed to be retired. You haven't explained why you decided that three days was sufficient for an anniversary celebration. And most of all, you haven't explained why you need to keep your silence. These do not require promises to be made. These require sitting down at your keyboard and explaining your reasoning for the decisions you've made. It will not undo what has been done. At this point, it will be a band-aid on an amputation. But at least you will have tried.

Unstickying the thread is the opposite of good communication. You're reverting back to ignoring the userbase and hoping they give up. But it should be clear by the fact that this thread is still going strong that this is not going to happen. Please, I am begging you. Give us an explanation. Address the concerns that you can (like the errors in Multi-Gaze, because that is something that shouldn't need internal discussion to fix.) Let us know that you're actually paying attention to us, and not just copy-pasting a response in the hopes that we'll go away.
9XjxFmm.png FR +10 skKqZtO.png
@Artemis01 unfortunately I have to agree with @McAlli.

I don't want to cut strings over eye types. At this point, I'm over that. This is about the radio silence, and the poor management.
@valarauka said it best. Other business owners would have put out a statement by now, regardless of a big event coming up. They did delay the skin/accent contest. They do have Brightshine in two weeks. But they will most likely release Brightshine as a distraction from this, because that's what staff would do.

I'm glad that you have more faith in them. Do you have a better solution besides waiting, because I highly doubt they will release a statement on the issue.
@Artemis01 unfortunately I have to agree with @McAlli.

I don't want to cut strings over eye types. At this point, I'm over that. This is about the radio silence, and the poor management.
@valarauka said it best. Other business owners would have put out a statement by now, regardless of a big event coming up. They did delay the skin/accent contest. They do have Brightshine in two weeks. But they will most likely release Brightshine as a distraction from this, because that's what staff would do.

I'm glad that you have more faith in them. Do you have a better solution besides waiting, because I highly doubt they will release a statement on the issue.
| Wishlist | Shiny Hunting | Dream Dragons | Wanted Art List |
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifTI0OYbZ.pngkrirqod.png7iF4Ik8.pngMs7a4L5.pngegg_arcane_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dab8vw4.gif
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152