Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 151 152
Overall, I do actually enjoy this new update and, other than the percentages of the vials being extremely skewed towards uncommon and the short period of the event, I didn't find the implementation all that bad as some people say. Considering the vials were going to be retired they did appear in the coliseum frequently for me, but after about 10 tries of getting almost nothing but uncommon I sort of gave up on getting any of the more sought after eye types for some of my favorite older dragons.

I also see a lot of people complaining about the common eye now being the same across all breeds, and personally I don't find a problem with that. I didn't really notice it at all and the eyes do still stay the color of the element, so no complaints there. I will admit though, I'm not what I would consider hardcore when it comes to how my dragons look so my opinion might not be too valid. I just think people are being a bit too hard on the staff for this. It makes perfect sense to me considering what they just put into the game.

However, the only issue I do have with this new feature, as do many other players, is the fact that there is currently no way other than the high price and terrible odds of the scattersight vials to change the eye types of your pre-update dragons.
I'd consider myself a somewhat veteran player and have collected a lot of dragons over the years and the fact that, as of now, I can't get any of this really amazing eye types for them.
I feel like this is sort of harsh on players who have been around for a long time like me, who would really love to see their favorite dragons rocking some of the new eye types! It might be tricky to implement an item to just give an older dragon one of the more rare types like multi-gaze or primal, but if it's possible without making it completely ridiculously priced in either the MP or AH I think a lot of players would be happier with the new features.

Either way, I love the eye types! I completely support adding new eye types in the future and really appreciate the work the staff has done to get this new feature up and running. Even if I can't give them to my current dragons, I'm still looking forward to finding them in my new hatchlings!
Overall, I do actually enjoy this new update and, other than the percentages of the vials being extremely skewed towards uncommon and the short period of the event, I didn't find the implementation all that bad as some people say. Considering the vials were going to be retired they did appear in the coliseum frequently for me, but after about 10 tries of getting almost nothing but uncommon I sort of gave up on getting any of the more sought after eye types for some of my favorite older dragons.

I also see a lot of people complaining about the common eye now being the same across all breeds, and personally I don't find a problem with that. I didn't really notice it at all and the eyes do still stay the color of the element, so no complaints there. I will admit though, I'm not what I would consider hardcore when it comes to how my dragons look so my opinion might not be too valid. I just think people are being a bit too hard on the staff for this. It makes perfect sense to me considering what they just put into the game.

However, the only issue I do have with this new feature, as do many other players, is the fact that there is currently no way other than the high price and terrible odds of the scattersight vials to change the eye types of your pre-update dragons.
I'd consider myself a somewhat veteran player and have collected a lot of dragons over the years and the fact that, as of now, I can't get any of this really amazing eye types for them.
I feel like this is sort of harsh on players who have been around for a long time like me, who would really love to see their favorite dragons rocking some of the new eye types! It might be tricky to implement an item to just give an older dragon one of the more rare types like multi-gaze or primal, but if it's possible without making it completely ridiculously priced in either the MP or AH I think a lot of players would be happier with the new features.

Either way, I love the eye types! I completely support adding new eye types in the future and really appreciate the work the staff has done to get this new feature up and running. Even if I can't give them to my current dragons, I'm still looking forward to finding them in my new hatchlings!
Oh and I'm pretty sad about Water's eyes, because we vary from dark blue to slightly darker blue to even darker blue to super light blue. Some flights got hues of different colors in their eyes, like Plague and Lightning. And our primal looks like we're foaming at the eyes and... I'm not... a fan. Or they're like twisting blue flowers. I got rare eyes for my custom progen which is neat and all, but they're just darker. And she's a Guardian so.
Oh and I'm pretty sad about Water's eyes, because we vary from dark blue to slightly darker blue to even darker blue to super light blue. Some flights got hues of different colors in their eyes, like Plague and Lightning. And our primal looks like we're foaming at the eyes and... I'm not... a fan. Or they're like twisting blue flowers. I got rare eyes for my custom progen which is neat and all, but they're just darker. And she's a Guardian so.
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.pngAvyQk6b.png

Female ~ US ~ Water Flight. My name is Adam, and I proudly take care of my Steel Crest Clan! I love WoW, snakes, Sailor Moon and Pokemon~ Feel free to hit me up for trading, dragon breeding, or even just a chat. Roleplay friendly! Please pingaling me~

i ' m w i s h i n g f o r -- Crimson Leg Silks!
Thank you staff! Viva la I don't know I just like shouting random french! Okay but seriously, thank you for actually responding to this madness. I'm excited for new eye types (or should I say Eye'm, hehe) Also honestly thank you guys for your patience. I really hope the community didn't frustrate you guys ;-;

Anyways! While it's disappointing that we won't be able to freely scatter eyes anymore, I get why you guys chose this, hopefully you won't mind me putting a bit of lore theories here :D I kinda get a bit...excited with lore. Speaking of! Are we gonna get closure on the stories? As much as I enjoyed Aftershocks, I didn't really see any details relating to the other stories (ie: whar he go) so will we get any info on those or...?

Also, also! The new map sounds fun! Didn't get to say that in the announcement thread (I was avoiding it for coli and frd) heh.

Okay, now hopefully you won't mind that I put theories here on why the vials weren't even gonna be a thing (lore wise!):

Dragons are not able to change the way their magic manifests as their eyes. Example: Putting the element as zero in the old code makes the dragon eyeless. This is also why it's only right as they're born.

Dumb theory: The deities don't want some darn bottle changing up their subjects eyes! That's crazy! Changing eyes. Pft.
(I'm sorry)

I'll probably talk more later on but that's all I have right now so uh toodles.
Thank you staff! Viva la I don't know I just like shouting random french! Okay but seriously, thank you for actually responding to this madness. I'm excited for new eye types (or should I say Eye'm, hehe) Also honestly thank you guys for your patience. I really hope the community didn't frustrate you guys ;-;

Anyways! While it's disappointing that we won't be able to freely scatter eyes anymore, I get why you guys chose this, hopefully you won't mind me putting a bit of lore theories here :D I kinda get a bit...excited with lore. Speaking of! Are we gonna get closure on the stories? As much as I enjoyed Aftershocks, I didn't really see any details relating to the other stories (ie: whar he go) so will we get any info on those or...?

Also, also! The new map sounds fun! Didn't get to say that in the announcement thread (I was avoiding it for coli and frd) heh.

Okay, now hopefully you won't mind that I put theories here on why the vials weren't even gonna be a thing (lore wise!):

Dragons are not able to change the way their magic manifests as their eyes. Example: Putting the element as zero in the old code makes the dragon eyeless. This is also why it's only right as they're born.

Dumb theory: The deities don't want some darn bottle changing up their subjects eyes! That's crazy! Changing eyes. Pft.
(I'm sorry)

I'll probably talk more later on but that's all I have right now so uh toodles.
Candies.gif
All I wanted to say has been said. I'm not thrilled that my favorite dragons have a near 0 chance of getting the eyes that I would have bred them to have, if I'd been given the opportunity. It is what it is, I guess. Won't be spending real money on this site again though - it's not worth it when I know another feature could come out that excludes the dragons I've already got, making my effort up to that point kind of pointless. [quote name="Zyzz" date="2018-06-11 16:46:28" ] Interesting way to punish old players. Everybody asked for a way to get the new eyes on old dragons past something available only for a weekend. All this response says is "stop complaining, barely anything is going to change." [/quote] [quote name="sunreon" date="2018-06-11 16:49:55" ] Well that's disappointing. I work on weekends and had very little opportunity to get vials. But I guess my years of active playtime just aren't as important. Seems disappointing that the staff would actively choose to specifically exclude the "old dragon" market. [Additional content cut] [/quote] [quote name="Kysska" date="2018-06-11 16:56:54" ] Still pretty bummed out as a non-breeder / old dragon collector that I'm getting shafted out of some dragon appearance options. I see zero reason why any of them at all need to be locked to new hatches only. [/quote]
All I wanted to say has been said.

I'm not thrilled that my favorite dragons have a near 0 chance of getting the eyes that I would have bred them to have, if I'd been given the opportunity. It is what it is, I guess. Won't be spending real money on this site again though - it's not worth it when I know another feature could come out that excludes the dragons I've already got, making my effort up to that point kind of pointless.

Zyzz wrote on 2018-06-11 16:46:28:
Interesting way to punish old players.

Everybody asked for a way to get the new eyes on old dragons past something available only for a weekend. All this response says is "stop complaining, barely anything is going to change."
sunreon wrote on 2018-06-11 16:49:55:
Well that's disappointing.

I work on weekends and had very little opportunity to get vials. But I guess my years of active playtime just aren't as important.

Seems disappointing that the staff would actively choose to specifically exclude the "old dragon" market.

[Additional content cut]
Kysska wrote on 2018-06-11 16:56:54:
Still pretty bummed out as a non-breeder / old dragon collector that I'm getting shafted out of some dragon appearance options. I see zero reason why any of them at all need to be locked to new hatches only.

tumblr_pnwhemXvkb1s27st2o1_250.png

Oooh excited for new eyes (:

Though, still kinda bummed that the vials won't be returning. I haven't bred dragons in over a year (I put a pair on, just to see how my lucks turns out on the eyes though), so I feel kinda.. Left out?

Not really left out, just kinda like I have to breed my dragons now to get any result I wanted. And as others have said, the RNG for the eye types was wayyyy off. I wanted to get multi-gaze for one of my dregs, but he got uncommon 4(?) times in a row.

If the event was a little longer, maybe I wouldn't feel like this. But, nonetheless, I can't wait for the new eye types to come, and am still, excited for that dragon storage :D And I'm glad that there will be a revert to common eyes ^^
Oooh excited for new eyes (:

Though, still kinda bummed that the vials won't be returning. I haven't bred dragons in over a year (I put a pair on, just to see how my lucks turns out on the eyes though), so I feel kinda.. Left out?

Not really left out, just kinda like I have to breed my dragons now to get any result I wanted. And as others have said, the RNG for the eye types was wayyyy off. I wanted to get multi-gaze for one of my dregs, but he got uncommon 4(?) times in a row.

If the event was a little longer, maybe I wouldn't feel like this. But, nonetheless, I can't wait for the new eye types to come, and am still, excited for that dragon storage :D And I'm glad that there will be a revert to common eyes ^^
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Hm. Kinda bummed that there isn't a solid way to give old dragons the new eyes, but really looking forward to the even newer eye types!
Hm. Kinda bummed that there isn't a solid way to give old dragons the new eyes, but really looking forward to the even newer eye types!
1623769993499.png
"we still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively."
Well I'm still going to sell at least some of the 13 vials of scatter sight that i made, considering I'm definitely not getting primal eyes out of them, and you almost can't see the differences for the eyes of my favorite dragons (skydancers).
"we still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively."
Well I'm still going to sell at least some of the 13 vials of scatter sight that i made, considering I'm definitely not getting primal eyes out of them, and you almost can't see the differences for the eyes of my favorite dragons (skydancers).
They/them XziknOW.pngtumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo4_250.pngIMveXNH.png +2 FR time
[quote name="CrowDragon" date="2018-06-11 17:02:10" ] I still have two vials though... :/ do I save em to sell later? or will they all be removed from players hoards? [/quote] @CrowDragon, we are not poofing existing Vials. They're staying put until you use them. Or sell them and that person uses them. Or sell them, and then they sell them, and then that person uses it, etc etc etc ;)
CrowDragon wrote on 2018-06-11 17:02:10:
I still have two vials though... :/ do I save em to sell later? or will they all be removed from players hoards?

@CrowDragon, we are not poofing existing Vials. They're staying put until you use them. Or sell them and that person uses them. Or sell them, and then they sell them, and then that person uses it, etc etc etc ;)
Thank you for talking to us. Looking forward to more updates.

I still believe you should have communicated sooner; I understand why you didn't, but a simple "we hear you and we're discussing your feedback", even without discussing any details, would have eased a lot of players' minds over the last few days.

That being said, there was no excuse for the amount of hate you got over this update. I'm sorry that happened.

I'm really glad to hear we will get a "revert to common" option!
Thank you for talking to us. Looking forward to more updates.

I still believe you should have communicated sooner; I understand why you didn't, but a simple "we hear you and we're discussing your feedback", even without discussing any details, would have eased a lot of players' minds over the last few days.

That being said, there was no excuse for the amount of hate you got over this update. I'm sorry that happened.

I'm really glad to hear we will get a "revert to common" option!
ngw7WrY.png
I’m sure I’m not the only one who spend hundreds of thousands of treasure, tens of hours, and way too many gems trying to get a rare eye type on one of my dragons. I’m incredibly sad that I could never get him to have Primal eyes, or even get him back to multiple eyes by the end of the event (he got them three times in total, one after the other for two of them). Will there be a way to get the “special” types of eyes ever again? I don’t want to feel like my efforts have gone totally to waste but I’d still rather have an assured chance of giving him the Primal eyes than waste, what I’m sure to be, millions of treasure rolling the dice through another unsuccessful 50 scatters.
@aequorin
I’m sure I’m not the only one who spend hundreds of thousands of treasure, tens of hours, and way too many gems trying to get a rare eye type on one of my dragons. I’m incredibly sad that I could never get him to have Primal eyes, or even get him back to multiple eyes by the end of the event (he got them three times in total, one after the other for two of them). Will there be a way to get the “special” types of eyes ever again? I don’t want to feel like my efforts have gone totally to waste but I’d still rather have an assured chance of giving him the Primal eyes than waste, what I’m sure to be, millions of treasure rolling the dice through another unsuccessful 50 scatters.
@aequorin
Boborc | He/They | FR+3
:3 feel free to message me, I don’t bite!
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 151 152