Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 304 305
There are so many problems with how this has been implemented I don't even want to start, but, I can see many others have already voiced essentially what I feel about it. If it had been done differently, fantastic, but this? [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/9c1f8ce91a60b0b36aa5cd3e83236894/tumblr_pa0wy0LKTh1w4pvzpo1_400.jpg[/img]
There are so many problems with how this has been implemented I don't even want to start, but, I can see many others have already voiced essentially what I feel about it.
If it had been done differently, fantastic, but this?
tumblr_pa0wy0LKTh1w4pvzpo1_400.jpg
5gqCC4H.gif‎‎Please ping me! E718jtQ.gif
wonderful content, love the new ideas! Especially the EYES THANK YOU <333
wonderful content, love the new ideas! Especially the EYES THANK YOU <333
24699391_bHpOJyVs5JvINoe.png > they/he
> german
> goth
> fandom dragons
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
> artist
> in love with shapes
> joined 2013
> feel free to msg
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
I wonder with the bios of the dragons in Hibernation, being able to change the bio may be the best option for that one. The apparel and familiar, that's unchangeable, but I'm worried about people who get art of those dragons and can't change that around.

That, and have it be expanded much like the lairs are at a higher price. It could be double what the lair sizes of that expansion would cost (or 1.5) so that way it's more of a way to still be active, yet not have to just... well... not participate lol!

Other than that, i'm PUMPED for these new projected awesomeness's!!
I wonder with the bios of the dragons in Hibernation, being able to change the bio may be the best option for that one. The apparel and familiar, that's unchangeable, but I'm worried about people who get art of those dragons and can't change that around.

That, and have it be expanded much like the lairs are at a higher price. It could be double what the lair sizes of that expansion would cost (or 1.5) so that way it's more of a way to still be active, yet not have to just... well... not participate lol!

Other than that, i'm PUMPED for these new projected awesomeness's!!
Ookamiotoko.gif tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o6_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o5_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o1_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_o6bwq5Fr4C1u9ymyzo1_250.gif
*FR + 2*
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o2_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o4_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o3_r2_75sq.png
JtP9HiY.png
[quote name="vantrums" date="2018-06-08 14:25:04" ] How do the Marva eyes work with Multi-gaze is my question. Syill love them, though. [/quote] .....i now have the need to find a multi-gaze dragon to find out..
vantrums wrote on 2018-06-08 14:25:04:
How do the Marva eyes work with Multi-gaze is my question. Syill love them, though.
.....i now have the need to find a multi-gaze dragon to find out..
I'm glad the updated map is a priority.

I must have a dragon with the flaming eyes one day!
I'm glad the updated map is a priority.

I must have a dragon with the flaming eyes one day!
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
Question?
Is there any way to remove the eye types? I don't really like multi eyes all along the body of anythibg really.
Question?
Is there any way to remove the eye types? I don't really like multi eyes all along the body of anythibg really.
l4nx5pb_by_kamooi-dci3zyn.gifu7mvgvx_by_kamooi-dci3zxy.giftthdias_by_kamooi-dci3zy3.gifcyrsonb_by_kamooi-dci3zz4.gif
Happy anniversary FR! I've quite enjoyed my time and plan on staying for a while :D

These eye types are wicked! I might use them on my progen! I think she needs a bit of differentiation between her eyes and body (they're not the same color but whatever). Though I'm a bit meh on the while random chance thing... Offspring prices I worry might change with the eyes. But it only makes sense.

Here's to moving forward!
Happy anniversary FR! I've quite enjoyed my time and plan on staying for a while :D

These eye types are wicked! I might use them on my progen! I think she needs a bit of differentiation between her eyes and body (they're not the same color but whatever). Though I'm a bit meh on the while random chance thing... Offspring prices I worry might change with the eyes. But it only makes sense.

Here's to moving forward!
Jqlkxca.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2018-06-08 14:24:26" ] [quote name="@angsthound" date="2018-06-08 14:12:31" ] Staff, please listen: I know you can't immediately announce a decision without consulting with each other, etc. But some sign that you are reading and carefully considering what players are saying here would do a lot to keep player trust from crumbling completely. This isn't just another expensive-item debate. This is about the most fundamental mechanic of the game. This is about, very literally, the nature of the game itself as a breeding game: Is FR a game where lots of effort and attention is required to reach your goal, but it IS definitely reachable? OR Is FR essentially gambling, with some pretty customization options but no real way to ensure that you EVER can reach the goal you want? [/quote] This is perhaps the most important thing for me. I need to know staff hears us, and understand what this change means for the site. As it is right now, the only truly uncontrollable thing in terms of breeding is gender, but that's a 50-50 chance. It is NOTHING like this tiered rarity chance which we have NO WAY TO CONTROL OR INFLUENCE. Please please let us know that you can hear and understand this. Also: Yet another reason it is nothing like any previous debate re: un/retiring items or holiday bears, or gene artwork, is that there are VERY few people that strongly support keeping it the way it is. Usually it breaks down to 3 groups pretty evenly: those who just say YAY NEW THING, those who say I HATE THIS THING, and those who say IF YOU CHANGE IT BACK IT WILL BE HORRIBLE. Which group are we missing in this discussion. I'll give you one guess. [/quote] The painful thing for me is the innate worry that this was implemented specifically to attempt to lengthen the longevity of the game via the more dedicated, obsessive players and therefore possibly boost gem sales. It would not be the first time a FTP game I have enjoyed has turned to changing game mechanics to push players into buying more premium currency.
Firtarian wrote on 2018-06-08 14:24:26:
@angsthound wrote on 2018-06-08 14:12:31:
Staff, please listen: I know you can't immediately announce a decision without consulting with each other, etc. But some sign that you are reading and carefully considering what players are saying here would do a lot to keep player trust from crumbling completely.

This isn't just another expensive-item debate. This is about the most fundamental mechanic of the game. This is about, very literally, the nature of the game itself as a breeding game:

Is FR a game where lots of effort and attention is required to reach your goal, but it IS definitely reachable?

OR

Is FR essentially gambling, with some pretty customization options but no real way to ensure that you EVER can reach the goal you want?

This is perhaps the most important thing for me. I need to know staff hears us, and understand what this change means for the site. As it is right now, the only truly uncontrollable thing in terms of breeding is gender, but that's a 50-50 chance. It is NOTHING like this tiered rarity chance which we have NO WAY TO CONTROL OR INFLUENCE. Please please let us know that you can hear and understand this.

Also: Yet another reason it is nothing like any previous debate re: un/retiring items or holiday bears, or gene artwork, is that there are VERY few people that strongly support keeping it the way it is.

Usually it breaks down to 3 groups pretty evenly: those who just say YAY NEW THING, those who say I HATE THIS THING, and those who say IF YOU CHANGE IT BACK IT WILL BE HORRIBLE.

Which group are we missing in this discussion. I'll give you one guess.

The painful thing for me is the innate worry that this was implemented specifically to attempt to lengthen the longevity of the game via the more dedicated, obsessive players and therefore possibly boost gem sales.

It would not be the first time a FTP game I have enjoyed has turned to changing game mechanics to push players into buying more premium currency.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
time to buy a bunch of bishoujo observations in case of some unsavory irreversible results
time to buy a bunch of bishoujo observations in case of some unsavory irreversible results
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FR! as the spring months turn into summer months, i'm nearing my own fr anniversary in august, and its been an amazing ride. i'm so glad this game came to fruition, as its a common past time for me

I love the new eye types!it makes every dragon that much better!especially the primal owns, which look so good!and the familiar looks awesome!

this is such a great update, as it marks our fifth year as a community. happy anniversary fr, and I look forward to the future of this amazing online game for all to enjoy, and I give many thanks to the moderators and team who help keep this game alive, and who help make it even better
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FR! as the spring months turn into summer months, i'm nearing my own fr anniversary in august, and its been an amazing ride. i'm so glad this game came to fruition, as its a common past time for me

I love the new eye types!it makes every dragon that much better!especially the primal owns, which look so good!and the familiar looks awesome!

this is such a great update, as it marks our fifth year as a community. happy anniversary fr, and I look forward to the future of this amazing online game for all to enjoy, and I give many thanks to the moderators and team who help keep this game alive, and who help make it even better
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 304 305