Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305
Everyone, there was a reason this thread was locked before. Please, let us all be mature and civil. There’s no need for name calling and sarcasm towards other players.
Everyone, there was a reason this thread was locked before. Please, let us all be mature and civil. There’s no need for name calling and sarcasm towards other players.
nEBFJpB.png ijlKPCn.png nEBFJpB.png
@Trix wow, suggesting they don't speak English well ? [quote]"Wow, thanks for chiming in! You're making this thread a better place!"[/quote] Maybe you should consider how this might apply to you
@Trix wow, suggesting they don't speak English well ?
Quote:
"Wow, thanks for chiming in! You're making this thread a better place!"
Maybe you should consider how this might apply to you
I'm just in a bad mood, sorry. I'm trying to give my opinions on the matter now.

I'm just worried about my future breeding projects. I personally love this update, but I could also do without it. Like, it's not a HUGE game changer, but there should be some way to revert the eyes back to normal.
I'm just in a bad mood, sorry. I'm trying to give my opinions on the matter now.

I'm just worried about my future breeding projects. I personally love this update, but I could also do without it. Like, it's not a HUGE game changer, but there should be some way to revert the eyes back to normal.
I've posted here before and kinda out of spite of all the fighting that was going on. I've been on this site since it opened to the public and I've NEVER seen staff do something like this. While I understand they're only human and can only do so much but like,,, deleting posts (besides the abusive/fighting ones) isn't,, a very good thing to do? Now correct me if I'm wrong because I just saw comments here and there that they deleted constructive criticism posts. Please listen to the good the fanbase has to say staff :(

I still very much enjoy the update and it pains me to see the players turning on each other so suddenly over this. I'll be looking forward to whats in store for us in the elemental holidays!

Y'all.... please.... pm each other if you're going to argue.....
I've posted here before and kinda out of spite of all the fighting that was going on. I've been on this site since it opened to the public and I've NEVER seen staff do something like this. While I understand they're only human and can only do so much but like,,, deleting posts (besides the abusive/fighting ones) isn't,, a very good thing to do? Now correct me if I'm wrong because I just saw comments here and there that they deleted constructive criticism posts. Please listen to the good the fanbase has to say staff :(

I still very much enjoy the update and it pains me to see the players turning on each other so suddenly over this. I'll be looking forward to whats in store for us in the elemental holidays!

Y'all.... please.... pm each other if you're going to argue.....
nKO8pzz.pngTUyVW3F.png
good update.
very poor execution.
good update.
very poor execution.
hi
come ON you guys...this thread was already locked once. Please stop name-calling and stop with the unnecessary sarcasm. You aren't helping :/
come ON you guys...this thread was already locked once. Please stop name-calling and stop with the unnecessary sarcasm. You aren't helping :/
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
[quote name="carcinoGenetics" date="2018-06-10 17:50:56" ] I've posted here before and kinda out of spite of all the fighting that was going on. I've been on this site since it opened to the public and I've NEVER seen staff do something like this. While I understand they're only human and can only do so much but like,,, deleting posts (besides the abusive/fighting ones) isn't,, a very good thing to do? Now correct me if I'm wrong because I just saw comments here and there that they deleted constructive criticism posts. Please listen to the good the fanbase has to say staff :( I still very much enjoy the update and it pains me to see the players turning on each other so suddenly over this. I'll be looking forward to whats in store for us in the elemental holidays! [/quote] @carcinoGenetics Yep, and wasn't even given an explanation as to why. I was told to use the contact support link, got an email saying it was being looked into, and have not heard back yet. I have been here since 2013 myself and have always been happy with the staff and the site. I even understood a lot of the decision they were making and why (that others may not have agreed with in the past,) but as a very long-term user, I feel very let down with their communication and handling of the situation alone. And still. No words. No response. Nothing. No explanation. Please, say something to us.
carcinoGenetics wrote on 2018-06-10 17:50:56:

@carcinoGenetics
Yep, and wasn't even given an explanation as to why. I was told to use the contact support link, got an email saying it was being looked into, and have not heard back yet. I have been here since 2013 myself and have always been happy with the staff and the site. I even understood a lot of the decision they were making and why (that others may not have agreed with in the past,) but as a very long-term user, I feel very let down with their communication and handling of the situation alone.

And still. No words. No response. Nothing. No explanation.

Please, say something to us.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
[quote name="Trix" date="2018-06-10 17:49:19" ] I gotta admit, I don't see why they'd need to talk it over with their artists. The art is already there. But more importantly...it deeply worries me that they wouldn't have considered that this would be an item folks wanted [i]before[/i] starting the launch. As you say--a lot goes into putting these things together. That's why I'm so confused as to how this went down and how unprepared they seemed for the backlash. Surely they had to know this would happen if they: 1) changed everyone's existing dragons while claiming they hadn't 2) created a new game mechanic and only gave everyone three days to prepare/adjust 3) introduced a random, uncontrollable gene that basically acts as a tert (multi-gaze, I mean. I'm sorry, that should've been a tertiary. It effects the [i]entire dragon[/i]. Like, it literally effects more of the dragon that filigree does) [/quote] So much yes. This whole thing had to have been passed through several people- how did no one see these glaring problems?
Trix wrote on 2018-06-10 17:49:19:
I gotta admit, I don't see why they'd need to talk it over with their artists. The art is already there.

But more importantly...it deeply worries me that they wouldn't have considered that this would be an item folks wanted before starting the launch. As you say--a lot goes into putting these things together. That's why I'm so confused as to how this went down and how unprepared they seemed for the backlash. Surely they had to know this would happen if they:
1) changed everyone's existing dragons while claiming they hadn't
2) created a new game mechanic and only gave everyone three days to prepare/adjust
3) introduced a random, uncontrollable gene that basically acts as a tert (multi-gaze, I mean. I'm sorry, that should've been a tertiary. It effects the entire dragon. Like, it literally effects more of the dragon that filigree does)
So much yes. This whole thing had to have been passed through several people- how did no one see these glaring problems?
[quote name="Nekomata" date="2018-06-10 13:01:00" ] [quote name="FallenAngel" date="2018-06-10 12:57:32" ] [quote name="Hawktalon" date="2018-06-10 12:37:36" ] [quote name="Marill" date="2018-06-10 10:39:06" ] Deleting all the of the negative criticism on this post and basically saying "we aren't going to change anything" really seems like a slap in the face. Vitriol I can understand, but can you really blame people for being angry that you'd pull something like this on them? A site entirely dedicated to customizing and changing your dragon to how YOU want, and then giving them a huge feature they have no choice in that's going to disappear forever in a few days? All around incredibly insulting. I can't believe this went through without anyone thinking that this would end poorly. It's a good thing registration is opening permanently, because I get the feeling a lot of people aren't going to stick around after this. Especially given the past controversy this site has gotten itself into... Happy Anniversary, I guess. [/quote] This. Finally, we get some words from the staff, and they seem unwilling to even consider our suggestions. This whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. [/quote] It wasn't even just this post. Several of us, including myself, were censored on the forum as well and not even told why. No one was mean. A lot of people ended up censored and little to no word is given back. I have been here since 2013 and this is the FIRST time I, personally, feel like I have been treated very poorly. Me and everyone else. [/quote] I was talking in a thread about the update. It was a very civil thread just talking about concerns regarding the time frame and whatnot. It got deleted without warning last night. No one was being rude or unfair. [/quote] Just a repost since I feel like it got lost. If that's against the rules, my apologies and I'm more than willing to delete this. It just doesn't sit right with me how everyone's been treated.
Nekomata wrote on 2018-06-10 13:01:00:
FallenAngel wrote on 2018-06-10 12:57:32:
Hawktalon wrote on 2018-06-10 12:37:36:
Marill wrote on 2018-06-10 10:39:06:
Deleting all the of the negative criticism on this post and basically saying "we aren't going to change anything" really seems like a slap in the face. Vitriol I can understand, but can you really blame people for being angry that you'd pull something like this on them? A site entirely dedicated to customizing and changing your dragon to how YOU want, and then giving them a huge feature they have no choice in that's going to disappear forever in a few days? All around incredibly insulting. I can't believe this went through without anyone thinking that this would end poorly. It's a good thing registration is opening permanently, because I get the feeling a lot of people aren't going to stick around after this. Especially given the past controversy this site has gotten itself into...

Happy Anniversary, I guess.

This. Finally, we get some words from the staff, and they seem unwilling to even consider our suggestions. This whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

It wasn't even just this post. Several of us, including myself, were censored on the forum as well and not even told why. No one was mean. A lot of people ended up censored and little to no word is given back. I have been here since 2013 and this is the FIRST time I, personally, feel like I have been treated very poorly. Me and everyone else.

I was talking in a thread about the update. It was a very civil thread just talking about concerns regarding the time frame and whatnot. It got deleted without warning last night. No one was being rude or unfair.
Just a repost since I feel like it got lost. If that's against the rules, my apologies and I'm more than willing to delete this.

It just doesn't sit right with me how everyone's been treated.
@demonhatchet They didn't seem upset by it? There are people from all over the world on Flight Rising, and people can have very good English but still trip up over implications of certain phrases sometimes, and then misunderstandings happen. It looked like it was one of those times?
@demonhatchet They didn't seem upset by it? There are people from all over the world on Flight Rising, and people can have very good English but still trip up over implications of certain phrases sometimes, and then misunderstandings happen. It looked like it was one of those times?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
1 2 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305