Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 304 305
All of you complaining about this makes me remember when FR changed the homepage layout and people freaked and threatened to leave. It’s the same thing. Literally just aesthetic changes. None of you left because words and symbols changed and none of you will leave because eyes changed. You’ll all just adapt and move on like you did then.
All of you complaining about this makes me remember when FR changed the homepage layout and people freaked and threatened to leave. It’s the same thing. Literally just aesthetic changes. None of you left because words and symbols changed and none of you will leave because eyes changed. You’ll all just adapt and move on like you did then.
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png
Yeah, sorry guys, not so much this year. The multi-eyes effect the entire body of a dragon which could totally ruin a breeding project that is already difficult. Plus to be honest they are hideous and I actively have avoided gory gross things (sorry Plague) for 3.5 years and now it could show up in my lair at any time?

I was really disappointed and now am less likely (not more likely) to buy gems because my beautiful gem projects can spit out a hideous dragon that I hate.
Yeah, sorry guys, not so much this year. The multi-eyes effect the entire body of a dragon which could totally ruin a breeding project that is already difficult. Plus to be honest they are hideous and I actively have avoided gory gross things (sorry Plague) for 3.5 years and now it could show up in my lair at any time?

I was really disappointed and now am less likely (not more likely) to buy gems because my beautiful gem projects can spit out a hideous dragon that I hate.
Stuff will one day go here.
[quote name="@Firtarian" date="2018-06-08 14:42:55" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 14:32:28" ] The painful thing for me is the innate worry that this was implemented specifically to attempt to lengthen the longevity of the game via the more dedicated, obsessive players and therefore possibly boost gem sales. It would not be the first time a FTP game I have enjoyed has turned to changing game mechanics to push players into buying more premium currency. [/quote] Yes, that would be bad yes. If this is the case I think it's definitely something to think about for sure. I've thought for a while that the absolute BOOM in new content, familiars and genes and apparel, has been a ploy to keep people engaged, and frankly I don't like it all that much. Maybe somethings going on behind the scenes we don't know about but I hope they back away from that attitude. (personally, I would pay like, a few bucks a month to get a better site, but I know that having membership is WAY more complicated) [/quote] Out of everything they could do, continuously releasing content is the best thing they could do to keep players engaged in coming back. But that means new content...not breaking up packages of the same content and spreading it out over several weeks. I'm excited about new apparel when it first comes out...not when the recolors come out over the next two months.
@Firtarian wrote on 2018-06-08 14:42:55:
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 14:32:28:
The painful thing for me is the innate worry that this was implemented specifically to attempt to lengthen the longevity of the game via the more dedicated, obsessive players and therefore possibly boost gem sales.

It would not be the first time a FTP game I have enjoyed has turned to changing game mechanics to push players into buying more premium currency.

Yes, that would be bad yes. If this is the case I think it's definitely something to think about for sure.

I've thought for a while that the absolute BOOM in new content, familiars and genes and apparel, has been a ploy to keep people engaged, and frankly I don't like it all that much. Maybe somethings going on behind the scenes we don't know about but I hope they back away from that attitude.

(personally, I would pay like, a few bucks a month to get a better site, but I know that having membership is WAY more complicated)

Out of everything they could do, continuously releasing content is the best thing they could do to keep players engaged in coming back. But that means new content...not breaking up packages of the same content and spreading it out over several weeks. I'm excited about new apparel when it first comes out...not when the recolors come out over the next two months.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="NeophyteRedglare" date="2018-06-08 14:43:41" ] All of you complaining about this makes me remember when FR changed the homepage layout and people freaked and threatened to leave. It’s the same thing. Literally just aesthetic changes. None of you left because words and symbols changed and none of you will leave because eyes changed. You’ll all just adapt and move on like you did then. [/quote] This is...a [i]little [/i]disingenuous. Without even focusing that I myself have my Flight Rising bookmark linked to my Lair so that I don't have to go to the front page unless I specifically choose to: There is a difference between an avoidable change and a change that affects you regardless of what you want because it is linked to the game mechanics. Yes, the Home Page was a little silly, but this? Something linked specifically to the core of the game? I'm already mostly gone from the site thanks to the bungled coli-captchas, and I wouldn't be surprised if hatchery owners or G1 collectors decided this was their final straw. Also "none of you left then" ....how do you know.
NeophyteRedglare wrote on 2018-06-08 14:43:41:

This is...a little disingenuous.

Without even focusing that I myself have my Flight Rising bookmark linked to my Lair so that I don't have to go to the front page unless I specifically choose to: There is a difference between an avoidable change and a change that affects you regardless of what you want because it is linked to the game mechanics.

Yes, the Home Page was a little silly, but this? Something linked specifically to the core of the game? I'm already mostly gone from the site thanks to the bungled coli-captchas, and I wouldn't be surprised if hatchery owners or G1 collectors decided this was their final straw.

Also "none of you left then" ....how do you know.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
The drop rate for the vial of scattersight in the coli (maybe just the arena?) seems a bit high. I've gotten 3 so far with minimal effort.
Other than that, this an amazing update!! A lot of people might not like the eyes though, maybe add an option to where you CAN'T get them randomly? Would be kinda sucky if you get the plague eyes and they make you squeamish
The drop rate for the vial of scattersight in the coli (maybe just the arena?) seems a bit high. I've gotten 3 so far with minimal effort.
Other than that, this an amazing update!! A lot of people might not like the eyes though, maybe add an option to where you CAN'T get them randomly? Would be kinda sucky if you get the plague eyes and they make you squeamish
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
I love a lot of the new eyes and the randomized hatchling thing is like a fun grab bag of stuff, but I wish the vials would be around longer and there was an option to revert back to common. I'd love to try for some cool eyes on my progens but I don't want to risk leaving them without their common eyes should they get something I don't like.
I love a lot of the new eyes and the randomized hatchling thing is like a fun grab bag of stuff, but I wish the vials would be around longer and there was an option to revert back to common. I'd love to try for some cool eyes on my progens but I don't want to risk leaving them without their common eyes should they get something I don't like.
Money is stored in the kneecaps
[quote name="NeophyteRedglare" date="2018-06-08 14:43:41" ] All of you complaining about this makes me remember when FR changed the homepage layout and people freaked and threatened to leave. It’s the same thing. Literally just aesthetic changes. None of you left because words and symbols changed and none of you will leave because eyes changed. You’ll all just adapt and move on like you did then. [/quote] The difference is that people have spent a lot of time and money to get g1s or breeding projects to get dragons with matching eyes. The aesthetics of the dragons are the MOST INTEGRAL PART OF THE SITE, it's what FR was made for. It's a pet-site. Changing the art of the "pets" is a HUGE deal, it's not just changing the forum skin.

The difference is that people have spent a lot of time and money to get g1s or breeding projects to get dragons with matching eyes. The aesthetics of the dragons are the MOST INTEGRAL PART OF THE SITE, it's what FR was made for. It's a pet-site. Changing the art of the "pets" is a HUGE deal, it's not just changing the forum skin.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2018-06-08 14:49:34" ] [quote name="NeophyteRedglare" date="2018-06-08 14:43:41" ] All of you complaining about this makes me remember when FR changed the homepage layout and people freaked and threatened to leave. It’s the same thing. Literally just aesthetic changes. None of you left because words and symbols changed and none of you will leave because eyes changed. You’ll all just adapt and move on like you did then. [/quote] The difference is that people have spent a lot of time and money to get g1s or breeding projects to get dragons with matching eyes. The aesthetics of the dragons are the MOST INTEGRAL PART OF THE SITE, it's what FR was made for. It's a pet-site. Changing the art of the "pets" is a HUGE deal, it's not just changing the forum skin. [/quote] ^^^^^ THIS!
Firtarian wrote on 2018-06-08 14:49:34:

The difference is that people have spent a lot of time and money to get g1s or breeding projects to get dragons with matching eyes. The aesthetics of the dragons are the MOST INTEGRAL PART OF THE SITE, it's what FR was made for. It's a pet-site. Changing the art of the "pets" is a HUGE deal, it's not just changing the forum skin.

^^^^^ THIS!
Stuff will one day go here.
@BeeJew That might just be luck - I've been leveling a team from lv22 to 25 and got only 2 vials to drop. Fingers crossed your luck continues for a while longer :)
@BeeJew That might just be luck - I've been leveling a team from lv22 to 25 and got only 2 vials to drop. Fingers crossed your luck continues for a while longer :)
I likely won't be messing with eyes too much for my dragons but I'm super glad this is a thing anyway. Toss in a cheap marketplace scroll for turn eyes basic and this update is golden.

Also pretty hyped for the new dragon storage, if only this came sooner I wouldn't have cleared out some of my dragons to make room for fodder.
I likely won't be messing with eyes too much for my dragons but I'm super glad this is a thing anyway. Toss in a cheap marketplace scroll for turn eyes basic and this update is golden.

Also pretty hyped for the new dragon storage, if only this came sooner I wouldn't have cleared out some of my dragons to make room for fodder.
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 304 305