Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Fortune's Game of Wit and Luck
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 71 72
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37769843][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/377699/37769843.png[/img][/url][/center] Heliotrope is relaxing (for once in his life) with a mug of tea and listening to the jingle of wind chimes when the letter comes. Before he can even open it, half the clan has gathered around, eager to see what's inside. Heliotrope sighs before beginning to read aloud. [i]- - - - - My Dearest Clan! I have had a wonderful time down here in the Southern Icefield so far. The weather is admittedly something I was not prepared for-- the Plateau is so warm compared to here! Nevertheless, I joined a carnival game! I had to go through a lengthy questionnaire and sign something... but I'm quite certain it will be fine. Oh! I have a team as well! We are called Team Being Nice to Kids, Old People and Animals. It's a name I can certainly support; After all, one is only beautiful when one spreads that beauty to others! (That said there are some absolutely [b]gorgeous[/b] dragons competing. Team Two's Sylvain? Oh my. Not to mention Team Four's Taiga, Team Sixteen's Niriav, Team Six's Meiring-- he is just- oh! And then there's Team Ten's Morokai. He's... oddly beautiful. Sort of terrifying, but also inexplicably pretty...) - - - - -[/i] Heliotrope stops reading for a minute or two before flipping the paper over. "He goes on about all the pretty dragons he's seen down there, I'm skipping to the [i]actual[/i] news," Heliotrope explains. [i]- - - - - ...Today my team and I bonded by roaming around the carnival! We didn't participate in many games because we found a marble and most of the team insisted on finding its owner. Luckily we did and I was able to get myself some funnel cake! Lovely food, funnel cake. Mine had strawberries arranged to look like a heart! I do believe the vendor was flirting with me but I'm afraid... - - - - -[/i] Heliotrope trails off again, squinting at the last few paragraphs. He reaches the end and starts back up. [i]- - - - - I look forward to the days and challenges to come and fully intend to enjoy myself! I truly hope all of you at home enjoy the Gala as well, I remember the local Gala festivities were fun in previous years. Experiencing the festival in it's homeland is simply wonderful though-- in fact I think I'll visit all the Flights during their festivals! They will be eye-opening experiences as this has been so far, I'm sure. Well, I am turning in for the night. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I am determined to be well rested for whatever shenanigans the teams partake in. Happily yours, Terimin - - - - -[/i] Heliotrope sighs heavily at the lengthy post script note detailing Terimin's appreciation of the Southern Lights, food, his beautiful competition and how he plans to go to the Dressing contest to see all the lovely dragons dressed in lovely clothes. "I swear that boy doesn't know the meaning of the word 'concise'... should never let him near a pen..." Heliotrope grumbles to himself as the clan disperses, satisfied with the news. Heliotrope begins folding up the letter before something catches his eye. Terimin had to sign something?! Oh dear Windsinger, Heliotrope doubts he actually read it properly. Who knows what he agreed to. With that his relaxing afternoon is officially spoiled and Heliotrope goes to write a letter to the other clan members in the Icefield. Hopefully they'll make sure he comes back home intact. [br] ----- That was fun. Terimin is prone to rambling about anything and it gets worse when something/someone pretty is involved. Or himself. So he rambles a lot.
37769843.png

Heliotrope is relaxing (for once in his life) with a mug of tea and listening to the jingle of wind chimes when the letter comes. Before he can even open it, half the clan has gathered around, eager to see what's inside. Heliotrope sighs before beginning to read aloud.

- - - - -
My Dearest Clan!

I have had a wonderful time down here in the Southern Icefield so far. The weather is admittedly something I was not prepared for-- the Plateau is so warm compared to here! Nevertheless, I joined a carnival game! I had to go through a lengthy questionnaire and sign something... but I'm quite certain it will be fine. Oh! I have a team as well! We are called Team Being Nice to Kids, Old People and Animals. It's a name I can certainly support; After all, one is only beautiful when one spreads that beauty to others!

(That said there are some absolutely gorgeous dragons competing. Team Two's Sylvain? Oh my. Not to mention Team Four's Taiga, Team Sixteen's Niriav, Team Six's Meiring-- he is just- oh! And then there's Team Ten's Morokai. He's... oddly beautiful. Sort of terrifying, but also inexplicably pretty...)
- - - - -

Heliotrope stops reading for a minute or two before flipping the paper over. "He goes on about all the pretty dragons he's seen down there, I'm skipping to the actual news," Heliotrope explains.

- - - - -
...Today my team and I bonded by roaming around the carnival! We didn't participate in many games because we found a marble and most of the team insisted on finding its owner. Luckily we did and I was able to get myself some funnel cake! Lovely food, funnel cake. Mine had strawberries arranged to look like a heart! I do believe the vendor was flirting with me but I'm afraid...
- - - - -

Heliotrope trails off again, squinting at the last few paragraphs. He reaches the end and starts back up.

- - - - -
I look forward to the days and challenges to come and fully intend to enjoy myself! I truly hope all of you at home enjoy the Gala as well, I remember the local Gala festivities were fun in previous years. Experiencing the festival in it's homeland is simply wonderful though-- in fact I think I'll visit all the Flights during their festivals! They will be eye-opening experiences as this has been so far, I'm sure.

Well, I am turning in for the night. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I am determined to be well rested for whatever shenanigans the teams partake in.

Happily yours,
Terimin
- - - - -

Heliotrope sighs heavily at the lengthy post script note detailing Terimin's appreciation of the Southern Lights, food, his beautiful competition and how he plans to go to the Dressing contest to see all the lovely dragons dressed in lovely clothes. "I swear that boy doesn't know the meaning of the word 'concise'... should never let him near a pen..." Heliotrope grumbles to himself as the clan disperses, satisfied with the news.

Heliotrope begins folding up the letter before something catches his eye. Terimin had to sign something?! Oh dear Windsinger, Heliotrope doubts he actually read it properly. Who knows what he agreed to. With that his relaxing afternoon is officially spoiled and Heliotrope goes to write a letter to the other clan members in the Icefield. Hopefully they'll make sure he comes back home intact.

That was fun. Terimin is prone to rambling about anything and it gets worse when something/someone pretty is involved. Or himself. So he rambles a lot.
NcSflKP.png
My bones are made of feathers, and my heart beats with the breeze.
D91RBvR.pnglHdQ8WC.gifOY3P2op.png
NQaOZu9.png
stW7qZC.png
IbGi8gf.png
[b]Log 2 - Crystalline Carnival[/b] [size=2]Next[/size] Faint golden wisps of smoke seep through the floorboards, filling [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29037979]Nico[/url] with a brief sense of horror before Terzo waddles in with a familiar mask clamped between their jaws. At the sight of the botanist, the baby clone's eyes light up, and they unceremoniously drop the artefact onto the golden smoke. Distracted by Terzo's antics, neither dragon notices when the Veiled Vision materialises before them to present them with a messily bound scroll: [columns] [quote=Amika] NICO! (and PRIMO SECONDO TERZO QUARTO!) you should have come to the carnival with me!! there are a lot of fun games here!! our team captain (there's this weeklong game i signed up for, I'm in this team, FINALLY!) keeps giving us weird threats to motivate us, but they're not bad, I think! I don't get it but it's still really fun! I watched fireworks with some rando who kept yelling about fire hazards, do you think Crystalline would like her?? I'll get souvenirs for you all!! I cant think of what else to write so bye for now! Say hi to everyone else!! See you soon!! -AMIKA [/quote] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29065012][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/290651/29065012p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] ...the letter ends here.
Log 2 - Crystalline Carnival
Next

Faint golden wisps of smoke seep through the floorboards, filling Nico with a brief sense of horror before Terzo waddles in with a familiar mask clamped between their jaws. At the sight of the botanist, the baby clone's eyes light up, and they unceremoniously drop the artefact onto the golden smoke. Distracted by Terzo's antics, neither dragon notices when the Veiled Vision materialises before them to present them with a messily bound scroll:

Amika wrote:
NICO! (and PRIMO SECONDO TERZO QUARTO!)
you should have come to the carnival with me!! there are a lot of fun games here!! our team captain (there's this weeklong game i signed up for, I'm in this team, FINALLY!) keeps giving us weird threats to motivate us, but they're not bad, I think! I don't get it but it's still really fun! I watched fireworks with some rando who kept yelling about fire hazards, do you think Crystalline would like her??
I'll get souvenirs for you all!! I cant think of what else to write so bye for now!

Say hi to everyone else!! See you soon!!
-AMIKA
29065012p.png

...the letter ends here.
ZR271yP.gifeASrqZ4.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37208730] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/372088/37208730.png[/img] [/url] Merrill, I am writing to ask you to please look after my plants in my absence. (Potentially forever, as I have been informed that I may die during this challenge, in which case this letter should also serve as an official request to be buried in the Everbloom Gardens.) My dreams have been full of dark, frozen seas lately, and I fear it may be a bad omen for my poor darlings, even if it did help us come up with a team name. That awful scamp has been eyeing my roses lately, I know it. The carnival is quite fun so far. The cheerful atmosphere is a welcoming distraction from the dreary weather in the Floes. Did you know that it is possible for one to win at bumper cars? I did not, until the dragon running the ride informed me that I had done so. Quite a mystery, though I suppose the reason does not matter so much when someone is shoving a gigantic stuffed panda into your arms. I hope our team's good fortune and my ability to retell it to you persist. Regards, Idyll

37208730.png

Merrill,

I am writing to ask you to please look after my plants in my absence. (Potentially forever, as I have been informed that I may die during this challenge, in which case this letter should also serve as an official request to be buried in the Everbloom Gardens.) My dreams have been full of dark, frozen seas lately, and I fear it may be a bad omen for my poor darlings, even if it did help us come up with a team name. That awful scamp has been eyeing my roses lately, I know it.

The carnival is quite fun so far. The cheerful atmosphere is a welcoming distraction from the dreary weather in the Floes. Did you know that it is possible for one to win at bumper cars? I did not, until the dragon running the ride informed me that I had done so. Quite a mystery, though I suppose the reason does not matter so much when someone is shoving a gigantic stuffed panda into your arms. I hope our team's good fortune and my ability to retell it to you persist.

Regards,
Idyll
C5V5o0z.png
Go team #1!
What a fun start to the Crystalline Gala! It's been wonderful to get to know my teammates better. We spent quite a bit of time talking about fireworks, cats and fish in small containers. I tried to convince everyone to ride the endless ride but to no avail. I'm excited to start these games and work with my team!
Go team #1!
What a fun start to the Crystalline Gala! It's been wonderful to get to know my teammates better. We spent quite a bit of time talking about fireworks, cats and fish in small containers. I tried to convince everyone to ride the endless ride but to no avail. I'm excited to start these games and work with my team!
ZVpCPil.png

BzHpyUh.pngNYOWA9o.pngbMq1tG6.png

z9qhfn0.pngROlI7FX.pngZxxgt4q.png

hbKK7Vu.pngryPEgZJ.pngYgzAbYz.png

Gala2021_sig2_pt1.pngGala2021_sig2_pt2.pngGala2021_sig2_pt3.pngGala2021_sig2_pt4.png[/center]

yITklUu.png uoVfMZU.png 83EJM6j.png

WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png

FoddartSigButton.pngOOFHubSigButton.pngIFHubSigButton.pngOOFRaffleSigButton.png

GrTGC96.png

tMlyNqq.gifmkJRaCi.gifj6cgdhS.gifAEPtOBI.gifSJQAssI.gif

sfs_sprite_banner_colored_small1_by_inudoragon23-d9oz15t.png

festhub.png

CS0nkUR.png

rvqZ0QB.png NfFamIr.png zEKbWSA.png

WvWSigButtonFoddart.pngWvWSigButtonOOFHub.pngWvWSigButtonIFHub.pngWvWSigButtonOOFRaffle.png

ZVpCPil.png

tcc02.png

Skj7sXw.pngqM5h0OS.png9iqIFni.png

PTKpu03.png

66MHIIb.png

35326_v.gif

tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png.

4UFPauX.pngvr4igoD.pngJJs5osq.png

UZ6dqn4.png

Fd5cQVO.png

[/URLih7flOs.png

2CdpJXx.pngqqUF6uA.png8sPyLyJ.pngsHkurLI.pngbLXqlDh.pngwKkqzj9.pngObemf6X.png1p4Vvg7.pnga714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngnAoSSfC.png

ODmMtsi.png

sfs_sprite_banner_colored_small1_by_inudoragon23-d9oz15t.png.
starfall_event_hub_button.png. astronomy_club_kaika_badge.pngFz6gBO0.pngtumblr_owcfyl5C0v1vlqz1wo2_r2_100.png

ih7flOs.png

uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png

a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.png.DJ6NRwa.pngZotYQYL.pngNzuaEO5.pngJvh6Wev.pngljaR4w8.pngm1b9mkG.pngXPYcDbT.pngzuT25OJ.pngEQwvZVV.pngndPHM6T.pngGNfryul.pngpCgjo8q.pngTiOl8Pt.png.FZQ5g.pngytwTJYT.png
fr%20elysadie%20sig%202_zpsfi2umkjp.png.
lcv78RR.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37604603] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/376047/37604603_350.png[/img] [/url] Ilann grins. "Alright, this should be fun!" She flaps her wings and looks around at her teammates, the Alexandrites. "Let's go!"

37604603_350.png

Ilann grins. "Alright, this should be fun!" She flaps her wings and looks around at her teammates, the Alexandrites. "Let's go!"
xxxxxx d5529b090f743c2d57aa89a08fcbb6452177d398.png 95a8885aa639ad7fceba05d6e45f928922a0d19d.png b020a3067972f0b3e1d4d7a763e63a0a46fc1cc2.gif
peri | fr time +15 | she/her | need coffee
Hey, Clan

Greetings from the Gala. It's been mostly nice so far. I met some people and we went on the merry-go-round together.

Hope you're all well,
Shale

(Yes mom, I'm wearing my furs.)
Hey, Clan

Greetings from the Gala. It's been mostly nice so far. I met some people and we went on the merry-go-round together.

Hope you're all well,
Shale

(Yes mom, I'm wearing my furs.)
8uZAgkt.jpg
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/302764/30276337.png[/img] Hello whoever has taken receipt of this message, probably Wintergreen seeing as there's no annoying hatchlings to snatch them at the moment. This has already been far too much for me. You promised that it would just be a few fair games where my superior class and wit would beat most of these other dragons. But we've been assigned to teams. I have to work with other people. This was not in the contract. The team seem to be an okay bunch anyway - we seem to share the same ideas about this whole debacle, with less enthusiasm in myself anyway. I just keep thinking about the gems and how some of the others might become less of an eyesore... I mean, apparel and treasure yes. Today we went on a rollercoaster. I do not see the appeal in feeling sick on purpose. Good job i'd brought some potions with me. They'll come in handy in the other events too I believe. A poor wildclaw was nervous about going on. He seemed nice and would probably get on with a lot of the others in the clan. I had a quick word with him about the burrow as you'd told me to make friends and offer anybody a home if they needed. He might be in touch. Our team name is Aggressive Affection . I'm sure somebody mentioned a band with a similar name that one of us like? It fits quite well because of that. The twins would love this place. It's a shame they couldn't come instead of me. Next year maybe they could sneak in my luggage? Ambrosia.
30276337.png

Hello whoever has taken receipt of this message, probably Wintergreen seeing as there's no annoying hatchlings to snatch them at the moment.

This has already been far too much for me. You promised that it would just be a few fair games where my superior class and wit would beat most of these other dragons. But we've been assigned to teams. I have to work with other people. This was not in the contract. The team seem to be an okay bunch anyway - we seem to share the same ideas about this whole debacle, with less enthusiasm in myself anyway. I just keep thinking about the gems and how some of the others might become less of an eyesore... I mean, apparel and treasure yes.

Today we went on a rollercoaster. I do not see the appeal in feeling sick on purpose. Good job i'd brought some potions with me. They'll come in handy in the other events too I believe. A poor wildclaw was nervous about going on. He seemed nice and would probably get on with a lot of the others in the clan. I had a quick word with him about the burrow as you'd told me to make friends and offer anybody a home if they needed. He might be in touch. Our team name is Aggressive Affection . I'm sure somebody mentioned a band with a similar name that one of us like? It fits quite well because of that. The twins would love this place. It's a shame they couldn't come instead of me. Next year maybe they could sneak in my luggage?

Ambrosia.
mWb40Sz.png ° Loreka :: FR +8
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
Hey,

So this carnival thing was really really fun so far! I also tried to the dragon at guess your age because I wore a paper bag. He guessed 45. I won the game. Also, how's grace doing? And how's buzzy? Did he touch any of my gold? He better not. Also, how's the machine to purify water by now? Still broken like a trash can on a broken toy car? Is it working? I'd love to see it!

With little bits of salt,
Pumpkin.
Hey,

So this carnival thing was really really fun so far! I also tried to the dragon at guess your age because I wore a paper bag. He guessed 45. I won the game. Also, how's grace doing? And how's buzzy? Did he touch any of my gold? He better not. Also, how's the machine to purify water by now? Still broken like a trash can on a broken toy car? Is it working? I'd love to see it!

With little bits of salt,
Pumpkin.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
"Salmonutations my science dabbers, it's ya boi Vort.
That's the lingo the kids today use, right?
This is the, 5th time I've written this? The circus boys told me I've gotta keep this clean and "friendly" while I'm here. For the kids, they said. Wouldn't tell me which kids or why. And that gave me an idea, write less appropriate language! I paid to come here, i can swear my own ears off all darn day! In fact a-"

This rest of this section looks like it was hastily censored out with a marker scribble in the midst of a struggle

".... All that aside, things are still a mite bit in the meet & greet phase over here. Found out this morning that leaving my work clothes behind was a bad idea because i left all my darn money in the *another scribble* coat pocket. Which somehow, everyone else on my team did too.
Least we picked a good name, hopefully it'll motivate em' to start making some science. We'll see tomorrow if they can't be whipped into shape, eh? Our team captain's got himself turned into a cat, so that bodes well for his spirit of innovation at least.

Shala i saw a funny plushie i'm going to try to bring one back for you but shhhh don't tell anyone

And Trustywing, remember you gotta change the duct tape on that radioactive hazard tank EVERY MORNING, alright? None of that "I-ll-just-do-it-later-when-my-5th-arm-stops-glowing", no excuses! You don't want Biogene.Inc lawyers down here tryn' to copyright our new infestation of duct tape octopi again, do you?
Remember, you might say "Nuclear Waste" but i say "Nuclear Opportunity"!

PS-You all need to step up your office prank game. Smuggling the Biolume-mod Peryton all the way from the lab into the break room and putting my clothes on it was, while admittedly impressive, still rather uncreative."

@squidragon (Am i supposed to ping you for this....?)
"Salmonutations my science dabbers, it's ya boi Vort.
That's the lingo the kids today use, right?
This is the, 5th time I've written this? The circus boys told me I've gotta keep this clean and "friendly" while I'm here. For the kids, they said. Wouldn't tell me which kids or why. And that gave me an idea, write less appropriate language! I paid to come here, i can swear my own ears off all darn day! In fact a-"

This rest of this section looks like it was hastily censored out with a marker scribble in the midst of a struggle

".... All that aside, things are still a mite bit in the meet & greet phase over here. Found out this morning that leaving my work clothes behind was a bad idea because i left all my darn money in the *another scribble* coat pocket. Which somehow, everyone else on my team did too.
Least we picked a good name, hopefully it'll motivate em' to start making some science. We'll see tomorrow if they can't be whipped into shape, eh? Our team captain's got himself turned into a cat, so that bodes well for his spirit of innovation at least.

Shala i saw a funny plushie i'm going to try to bring one back for you but shhhh don't tell anyone

And Trustywing, remember you gotta change the duct tape on that radioactive hazard tank EVERY MORNING, alright? None of that "I-ll-just-do-it-later-when-my-5th-arm-stops-glowing", no excuses! You don't want Biogene.Inc lawyers down here tryn' to copyright our new infestation of duct tape octopi again, do you?
Remember, you might say "Nuclear Waste" but i say "Nuclear Opportunity"!

PS-You all need to step up your office prank game. Smuggling the Biolume-mod Peryton all the way from the lab into the break room and putting my clothes on it was, while admittedly impressive, still rather uncreative."

@squidragon (Am i supposed to ping you for this....?)
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Hello Everyone!

I...I know you all told me that the carnival may be a bad idea for someone as timid and careful as me but I decided that since this was my first ever Gala...Gla? Gla? Do...do we say Gla or Gala? I don't know but I think Kettle said something about GLA but then they did say that in the most robotic way ever. Oh no, I am sorry I am getting off topic aren't I?

Okay, so I decided to go to the carnival because it sounded like so much fun and Kettle also mentioned that there were games at carnivals and that things can blow up into pretty fire sparkles and that....wait. I don't know if Kettle was....is Kettle...anyway. So we got into these teams and my team is so nice and supportive I love it, although they were a bit loud when Fortune...he's the mirror dragon who runs the carnival he's got a nice color but he also grins in that way...oh off topic, but yes our team. They are nice, loud, but nice and we picked names and ours is Team Arctic Sea Metal? I like it, it's very funny.

Oh but let me tell you what they all did for me it was so sweet of them. I had mentioned that I wanted a stuffed toy, a panda, because I wanted something to remember this time, but when I heard you had to play for them I got sad because I didn't know if I was any good at the games. It was an off handed complaint and I thought I would get laughed at for..you know how Kettle does when I can't even make a simple spell work, or shoot one of my arrows straight at the targets? Kettle would have laughed. But not my team they all went to try and win me a toy and I was so overwhelmed with joy, and they got me one! Well, two, but then out captain Cosmik, she decided to hand it off to a hatchling and guys...

You should have seen that hatchling smile.

Anyway I have to go! So Don't worry I'm fine, promise!
And tell Kettle I Won't get blown up that's not nice.

Sabrae~

PS. I am sorry if anything got weird in the letter I'm Just So Excited.
Hello Everyone!

I...I know you all told me that the carnival may be a bad idea for someone as timid and careful as me but I decided that since this was my first ever Gala...Gla? Gla? Do...do we say Gla or Gala? I don't know but I think Kettle said something about GLA but then they did say that in the most robotic way ever. Oh no, I am sorry I am getting off topic aren't I?

Okay, so I decided to go to the carnival because it sounded like so much fun and Kettle also mentioned that there were games at carnivals and that things can blow up into pretty fire sparkles and that....wait. I don't know if Kettle was....is Kettle...anyway. So we got into these teams and my team is so nice and supportive I love it, although they were a bit loud when Fortune...he's the mirror dragon who runs the carnival he's got a nice color but he also grins in that way...oh off topic, but yes our team. They are nice, loud, but nice and we picked names and ours is Team Arctic Sea Metal? I like it, it's very funny.

Oh but let me tell you what they all did for me it was so sweet of them. I had mentioned that I wanted a stuffed toy, a panda, because I wanted something to remember this time, but when I heard you had to play for them I got sad because I didn't know if I was any good at the games. It was an off handed complaint and I thought I would get laughed at for..you know how Kettle does when I can't even make a simple spell work, or shoot one of my arrows straight at the targets? Kettle would have laughed. But not my team they all went to try and win me a toy and I was so overwhelmed with joy, and they got me one! Well, two, but then out captain Cosmik, she decided to hand it off to a hatchling and guys...

You should have seen that hatchling smile.

Anyway I have to go! So Don't worry I'm fine, promise!
And tell Kettle I Won't get blown up that's not nice.

Sabrae~

PS. I am sorry if anything got weird in the letter I'm Just So Excited.
iceb1.png +3FR || she/her
what's to do
heck if I know

vx21hx.gif
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 71 72