Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 90 91
Cant the bears (and the crowns too) just be put down and let go and keep their overflowing numbers from growing anymore??????
Cant the bears (and the crowns too) just be put down and let go and keep their overflowing numbers from growing anymore??????
I miss lots of pings for misspelling, please check yours when pinging me..! He/Him
10hours ahead of FRtime| My art tag in Tumblr | Get your own commission! |Dragons for sale | WISHLIST
[quote name="Undel" date=2017-11-20 21:00:11] Thanks for your feedback guys. We talked it over with the team and we do see how paying 80K and receiving an item that's been oversaturated in return could be a bit upsetting. As such, we're gonna change the poll option for if we do Joxar. If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. So if you get a bear from Joxar, it'll be in addition to a past holiday item or recolor, not instead of. Editing main post and poll now to reflect that. :) [/quote] This, this I can totally get behind! Since the bears have become completely over-saturated to the point that the market for them as severely plummeted, I think them being a bonus item that comes as extra content, is the best option. Also glad for this poll, guys. I was honestly, getting overly tired of getting a huge mound of bears from the strange chests the last two years. Got to the point I have so many extras its not even funny. For you guys to consider this really makes me happy and I feel its best to make room for new things at this point.
Undel wrote on 2017-11-20:
Thanks for your feedback guys.

We talked it over with the team and we do see how paying 80K and receiving an item that's been oversaturated in return could be a bit upsetting. As such, we're gonna change the poll option for if we do Joxar. If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. So if you get a bear from Joxar, it'll be in addition to a past holiday item or recolor, not instead of.

Editing main post and poll now to reflect that. :)

This, this I can totally get behind! Since the bears have become completely over-saturated to the point that the market for them as severely plummeted, I think them being a bonus item that comes as extra content, is the best option.

Also glad for this poll, guys. I was honestly, getting overly tired of getting a huge mound of bears from the strange chests the last two years. Got to the point I have so many extras its not even funny. For you guys to consider this really makes me happy and I feel its best to make room for new things at this point.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
[quote name="Sharpstar" date=2017-11-21 08:41:52] [quote name="Lostdaydreams" date=2017-11-21 07:34:28] I keep seeing players saying ”Think of all the new players!” when it comes to the subject of bringing back old stuff. Personally I don't agree with people saying that :/.I play lots of games were I won't get stuff from years ago and I'm fine with it,its normal,and I never saw players as outraged about it as I've see in this game. Sorry but whats the point of getting something meant to be exclusive if its not exclusive at all?The bears are dirt cheap if you compare them to the sprites,and even if the bears came before the acolytes,they are still consider to be worth less. The recolors were fun for a while,the same with the vista.But they should have been a one time thing.The more you make,the less special they become,and the less people will care to obtain them.Some things should be left as special,to make players that put a lot of time or even real money in the game feel like its worth it,and not be at the same level as a newbie. [/quote] all of this. +1 [/quote] Crudskie, this ^ I don't even have all the bears despite joining in 2015 because they're so anxiety inducing. I want them gone.
Sharpstar wrote on 2017-11-21:
Lostdaydreams wrote on 2017-11-21:
I keep seeing players saying ”Think of all the new players!” when it comes to the subject of bringing back old stuff.
Personally I don't agree with people saying that :/.I play lots of games were I won't get stuff from years ago and I'm fine with it,its normal,and I never saw players as outraged about it as I've see in this game.
Sorry but whats the point of getting something meant to be exclusive if its not exclusive at all?The bears are dirt cheap if you compare them to the sprites,and even if the bears came before the acolytes,they are still consider to be worth less.
The recolors were fun for a while,the same with the vista.But they should have been a one time thing.The more you make,the less special they become,and the less people will care to obtain them.Some things should be left as special,to make players that put a lot of time or even real money in the game feel like its worth it,and not be at the same level as a newbie.

all of this. +1

Crudskie, this ^
I don't even have all the bears despite joining in 2015 because they're so anxiety inducing. I want them gone.
[quote name="tinybalrog" date=2017-11-22 01:00:55] [quote name="Sharpstar" date=2017-11-21 08:41:52] [quote name="Lostdaydreams" date=2017-11-21 07:34:28] I keep seeing players saying ”Think of all the new players!” when it comes to the subject of bringing back old stuff. Personally I don't agree with people saying that :/.I play lots of games were I won't get stuff from years ago and I'm fine with it,its normal,and I never saw players as outraged about it as I've see in this game. Sorry but whats the point of getting something meant to be exclusive if its not exclusive at all?The bears are dirt cheap if you compare them to the sprites,and even if the bears came before the acolytes,they are still consider to be worth less. The recolors were fun for a while,the same with the vista.But they should have been a one time thing.The more you make,the less special they become,and the less people will care to obtain them.Some things should be left as special,to make players that put a lot of time or even real money in the game feel like its worth it,and not be at the same level as a newbie. [/quote] all of this. +1 [/quote] Crudskie, this ^ I don't even have all the bears despite joining in 2015 because they're so anxiety inducing. I want them gone. [/quote] I know I already expressed my opinion earlier, but +1 this. I'll never be able to get a Zola from another pet site unless I put a lot of time and money into getting one (kudos to anybody who gets the reference). That's the same situation for FR's sprites, and yet there are a lot of newbies out there who want to pay millions for them! But if we suddenly brought them back because new folks want them, their value would greatly diminish because there would be enough to meet demand before oversaturating. Making the bears more difficult to get after the market is already chock full of them won't make them anymore appealing, nor desired. I really hope the FR Team will hear us out about this, because I'd really hate to see something like this happen again. :-(
tinybalrog wrote on 2017-11-22:
Sharpstar wrote on 2017-11-21:
Lostdaydreams wrote on 2017-11-21:
I keep seeing players saying ”Think of all the new players!” when it comes to the subject of bringing back old stuff.
Personally I don't agree with people saying that :/.I play lots of games were I won't get stuff from years ago and I'm fine with it,its normal,and I never saw players as outraged about it as I've see in this game.
Sorry but whats the point of getting something meant to be exclusive if its not exclusive at all?The bears are dirt cheap if you compare them to the sprites,and even if the bears came before the acolytes,they are still consider to be worth less.
The recolors were fun for a while,the same with the vista.But they should have been a one time thing.The more you make,the less special they become,and the less people will care to obtain them.Some things should be left as special,to make players that put a lot of time or even real money in the game feel like its worth it,and not be at the same level as a newbie.

all of this. +1

Crudskie, this ^
I don't even have all the bears despite joining in 2015 because they're so anxiety inducing. I want them gone.

I know I already expressed my opinion earlier, but +1 this. I'll never be able to get a Zola from another pet site unless I put a lot of time and money into getting one (kudos to anybody who gets the reference). That's the same situation for FR's sprites, and yet there are a lot of newbies out there who want to pay millions for them! But if we suddenly brought them back because new folks want them, their value would greatly diminish because there would be enough to meet demand before oversaturating.

Making the bears more difficult to get after the market is already chock full of them won't make them anymore appealing, nor desired. I really hope the FR Team will hear us out about this, because I'd really hate to see something like this happen again. :-(
w7Z8MA5.png
Personally, I think it would be the perfect balance to have Night of the Nocturne Bears (the recolors) still appear in NotN, as they fit the theme of mimicry so perfectly, and put only the original Elemental bears in the Spare Inventory. The only question there is whether or not the bears will end up with two recolors because recolors of festival familiars are in the Spare Inventory's token market (which I imagine is a pattern we're keeping), or if the NotN ones would still count as their recolors and simply be made "special" by the fact that they only appear in NotN. I do not care for the "but if there are more the value is less / everyone deserves one" argument, so as far as I'm concerned any argument there is moot, because who cares? It's a virtual item, and collectors love collecting; if it's a challenge, it's a challenge, and if it isn't, it isn't.

However, if I had to go with one of the two options in the poll I think I would go with the migration of the bears to the Spare Inventory, as it opens up more things to add to NotN every year, even though I personally don't like the black-or-white choice. I think a compromise would be successful, but not everyone agrees. (Shrug.)

Also, if I'm being completely selfish, I would want the bears to remain in this year's NotN, so that there's still a chance of collecting them through Strange Chests, and then move them over next Brightshine Jubilee, but that removes the point of this poll for a solid seven months. XD

EDIT: Forgot the formatting on this forum is different from the one I'm used to.
Personally, I think it would be the perfect balance to have Night of the Nocturne Bears (the recolors) still appear in NotN, as they fit the theme of mimicry so perfectly, and put only the original Elemental bears in the Spare Inventory. The only question there is whether or not the bears will end up with two recolors because recolors of festival familiars are in the Spare Inventory's token market (which I imagine is a pattern we're keeping), or if the NotN ones would still count as their recolors and simply be made "special" by the fact that they only appear in NotN. I do not care for the "but if there are more the value is less / everyone deserves one" argument, so as far as I'm concerned any argument there is moot, because who cares? It's a virtual item, and collectors love collecting; if it's a challenge, it's a challenge, and if it isn't, it isn't.

However, if I had to go with one of the two options in the poll I think I would go with the migration of the bears to the Spare Inventory, as it opens up more things to add to NotN every year, even though I personally don't like the black-or-white choice. I think a compromise would be successful, but not everyone agrees. (Shrug.)

Also, if I'm being completely selfish, I would want the bears to remain in this year's NotN, so that there's still a chance of collecting them through Strange Chests, and then move them over next Brightshine Jubilee, but that removes the point of this poll for a solid seven months. XD

EDIT: Forgot the formatting on this forum is different from the one I'm used to.
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
Art & Writing Shop (on hiatus) | Skin Shop (on hiatus)
A wild science-fiction book sample has appeared!
Can we talk about how there are only a very, VERY small pool of items that are super rare. Excluding user-created skins, and festival skins (because if anyone is like me, they only want the ones they will actually end up using) of course---- there really isn't much of a goal here on this website, and it's really only worth logging in for dailies and holiday weeks when there is new content to collect.

It's not just the bears themselves, but having things made available again at the next holiday makes collectibles not so collectable-- and the use of Joxar's to add more quantities of past items into the pool does not help this problem at all. I love this site, don't get me wrong, but there isn't anything really making me stay logged in for hours at a time because there's no incentive to work towards anything if it's easily obtainable. Having things retire FOR GOOD, is a most excellent thing. It makes that item special and gives newer players (and older if they missed it the first time) a quest/goal/dream to work for.

Also as a side note, having less quantities of things means not seeing the same skins on dragons in a lair and means having a variety of styled dragons. Which also, is a really good thing.

And another side note---- When there are more items people are actually questing, it means giving a user more incentive to actually put real money towards the site to help buy currency to aide their quest. It's a win-win for everyone.

One more thing-- As mentioned, it's really disappointing to put real effort into getting notn chests only to get the same items you already have so many of from previous years. Knowing you're just going to see repeat items doesn't make someone look forward to a holiday.
Can we talk about how there are only a very, VERY small pool of items that are super rare. Excluding user-created skins, and festival skins (because if anyone is like me, they only want the ones they will actually end up using) of course---- there really isn't much of a goal here on this website, and it's really only worth logging in for dailies and holiday weeks when there is new content to collect.

It's not just the bears themselves, but having things made available again at the next holiday makes collectibles not so collectable-- and the use of Joxar's to add more quantities of past items into the pool does not help this problem at all. I love this site, don't get me wrong, but there isn't anything really making me stay logged in for hours at a time because there's no incentive to work towards anything if it's easily obtainable. Having things retire FOR GOOD, is a most excellent thing. It makes that item special and gives newer players (and older if they missed it the first time) a quest/goal/dream to work for.

Also as a side note, having less quantities of things means not seeing the same skins on dragons in a lair and means having a variety of styled dragons. Which also, is a really good thing.

And another side note---- When there are more items people are actually questing, it means giving a user more incentive to actually put real money towards the site to help buy currency to aide their quest. It's a win-win for everyone.

One more thing-- As mentioned, it's really disappointing to put real effort into getting notn chests only to get the same items you already have so many of from previous years. Knowing you're just going to see repeat items doesn't make someone look forward to a holiday.
xpj2Erm.png
Guys, if anyone wants to get rid of THEIR bears, give them to the AH for 1 treasure. Or heck, give them to me. I adore the bear set, and I completely fail at economy to save money for a single crate. And I'd give my everything on FR just to get that ice bear per say. And so do a lot of new users, they never really had all these constant bears showering them. Give them to newbies, be generous;3 I wouldn't mind sitting on a bunch of crowns/bears and giving them to newbies for the next few years!
Guys, if anyone wants to get rid of THEIR bears, give them to the AH for 1 treasure. Or heck, give them to me. I adore the bear set, and I completely fail at economy to save money for a single crate. And I'd give my everything on FR just to get that ice bear per say. And so do a lot of new users, they never really had all these constant bears showering them. Give them to newbies, be generous;3 I wouldn't mind sitting on a bunch of crowns/bears and giving them to newbies for the next few years!
item_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gifCheck out the Mafia Game! item_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gif
Ok
Ok
Hatchery
pUYJTYH.png
Bring the bears back on notn!
Bring the bears back on notn!
put the bears in the spare inventory.
put the bears in the spare inventory.
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 90 91