Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Skwerl's Art & Writing Corner
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[color=orangered][size=5][b]~<O>~Guidelines~<O>~[/b][/size][/color][list] [*]I reserve the right to turn down any requests that I am not fit to accept yet. [*]I will draw almost any creature, including dragons, FR dragons, some familiars, and natural scenes. I still have trouble with things that are mechanical, human/humanoid, involves lots of straight lines, etc. My specialty lies in mythical creatures and dragons. [*]I can do busts, full-body, full-scene/bordered full-scene art, patterned busts/headshots, etc.; almost anything! You can also ask something to be remain as lineart or to be colored. [*]I will write lore and bios for dragons and Clans. [*]I will take Strange Chests, Holiday Currency, Treasure, and Gems as payment. You can also pay me with wishlist items listed in my clan profile. [*]I won't do anything timed or that needs to meet a deadline, especially since I tend to be forgetful. [/list] ---------- [color=green][size=5][b]~<O>~Currency~<O>~[/b][/size][/color] Prices may fluctuate a bit. To ensure that you pay only what you expected to pay, commissions only demand the prices that were set when they were requested. [u]I prefer payment after the piece is finished. Please don't pay me until I give you your finished product. If commissioned art isn't paid for in 7 days after it is finished I will delete the image until the payment is sent; bios are exempt from this.[/u] Current Treasure to Gem ratio: 2500T = 1G Current Treasure to Holiday Currency ratio: 2000T = 1H; I will accept any holiday currency during any time in the year. *Note for [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i]: You can pay me with Strange Chests! Each piece is worth 1 Strange Chest, no matter what type it is. Finally, each price is for one piece; additions add half that amount to the price. So if a bust of one dragon is 35,000T; having a bust of two dragons snuggling would add 17,500T, making the price 52,500T; adding another dragon would add another 17,500T for 70,000T etc.. [center][b]Prices:[/b][/center][list] [*]Busts/Headshots: [color=darkgoldenrod]Treasure: 35,000[/color]/[color=teal]Gems: 14[/color]/[color=purple]Holiday: 18[/color] [*]Full-Body Art: [color=darkgoldenrod]Treasure: 75,000[/color]/[color=teal]Gems: 30[/color]/[color=purple]Holiday: 38[/color] [*]Full-Scene Art: [color=darkgoldenrod]Treasure: 100,000[/color]/[color=teal]Gems: 40[/color]/[color=purple]Holiday: 50[/color] [*]Clan/Dragon Bios (includes coding): [color=darkgoldenrod]Treasure: 25,000[/color]/[color=teal]Gems: 10[/color]/[color=purple]Holiday: 16[/color] [/list]
~<O>~Guidelines~<O>~
  • I reserve the right to turn down any requests that I am not fit to accept yet.
  • I will draw almost any creature, including dragons, FR dragons, some familiars, and natural scenes. I still have trouble with things that are mechanical, human/humanoid, involves lots of straight lines, etc. My specialty lies in mythical creatures and dragons.
  • I can do busts, full-body, full-scene/bordered full-scene art, patterned busts/headshots, etc.; almost anything! You can also ask something to be remain as lineart or to be colored.
  • I will write lore and bios for dragons and Clans.
  • I will take Strange Chests, Holiday Currency, Treasure, and Gems as payment. You can also pay me with wishlist items listed in my clan profile.
  • I won't do anything timed or that needs to meet a deadline, especially since I tend to be forgetful.

~<O>~Currency~<O>~
Prices may fluctuate a bit. To ensure that you pay only what you expected to pay, commissions only demand the prices that were set when they were requested.
I prefer payment after the piece is finished. Please don't pay me until I give you your finished product. If commissioned art isn't paid for in 7 days after it is finished I will delete the image until the payment is sent; bios are exempt from this.

Current Treasure to Gem ratio: 2500T = 1G
Current Treasure to Holiday Currency ratio: 2000T = 1H; I will accept any holiday currency during any time in the year.
*Note for Night of the Nocturne: You can pay me with Strange Chests! Each piece is worth 1 Strange Chest, no matter what type it is.

Finally, each price is for one piece; additions add half that amount to the price. So if a bust of one dragon is 35,000T; having a bust of two dragons snuggling would add 17,500T, making the price 52,500T; adding another dragon would add another 17,500T for 70,000T etc..
Prices:
  • Busts/Headshots: Treasure: 35,000/Gems: 14/Holiday: 18
  • Full-Body Art: Treasure: 75,000/Gems: 30/Holiday: 38
  • Full-Scene Art: Treasure: 100,000/Gems: 40/Holiday: 50
  • Clan/Dragon Bios (includes coding): Treasure: 25,000/Gems: 10/Holiday: 16
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
Art & Writing Shop (on hiatus) | Skin Shop (on hiatus)
A wild science-fiction book sample has appeared!
[color=purple][size=5][b]~<O>~Examples~<O>~[/b][/size][/color] [i]Note: Plenty of bio examples can be found in my lair.[/i] [url=http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/finished-standalones.html][img]http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/7/3/82735864/pyry-stupidcricket.png[/img][/url] [b]Fullbody Colored Sketch of Pyry, a Coatl OC[/b] [url=http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/finished-scenes.html][img]http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/7/3/82735864/bloodsmelt.png[/img][/url] [b]Colored Fullscene of Bloodsmelt, one of my Fae[/b] [quote] [center][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/977a28c037db7680a772a714e9c5294d/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo9_500.png[/img] [size=6][b]Sunkencave: Fortune-Teller and Seer[/b][/size][/center] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/a26bf027f53754c010781f5c937cb153/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o6_1280.png[/img] [columns] [size=5][b]-Belongings-[/b][/size] [i]Personal Familiar:[/i] [item=Maren Currentfinder] [i]Preferred Weapon:[/i] None. [i]Personal Hoard:[/i] [item=Crystal Ball] [item=Mirror] [nextcol][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ae9f9b9d54d467f5b8a15cb7b98f43f9/tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo9_400.png[/img][nextcol] [size=5][b]-Bio-[/b][/size] Sunkencave works alongside Emberdancer as a flame-reader of the Clan; however, she does many other interpretations as well. Believing that spirits are around everyone all the time, she spends much of her time communing with them by simply meditating with her head raised. Whenever asked something, she would always give a sort of vague, intellectual answer with her tranquil voice. The Pearlcatcher never seems to be alarmed by anything -well, except for that one time after the Mistral Jamboree - and her lair is always filled with the smells of incense and a quiet atmosphere. Sunkencave is a reticent Pearlcatcher, not saying much unless prompted to. She believes in many things, such as possession imprinting: the theory that everything a dragon owns would cause that thing to then have "memories" of the dragon and what happened between it and the thing. She says that " Pearlcatchers have the strongest imprints with their pearls, as they never leave them behind" (and of course, she absolutely treasures her own pearl). She sees something similar with Cestienon's Estyzen, claiming that the movements and though process behind the techniques align a dragon's spirit with the natural harmony between the mortal and ethereal planes, which is what makes the moves so great (and so difficult to execute). Ask Cestienon about it though, and she'll simply grin and say " I'm awesome". The thing Sunkencave is best at though is elemental-reading in general. Not only can she flame-read, but she says she has "starsight", meaning she can glimpse pieces of time in her dreams; she can read these same pieces of time in spiderwebs. She also claims to hear spirits talk by thoughtfully listening to water. In fact, that's partly as to how she received her name, as she was found as a hatchling inside a partially-flooded cave, seemingly talking to herself! She can also "see" things inside polished orbs and gemstones, or in a particular pattern of scales on a dragon. In a nutshell, she's one serious fortune-teller, and if one method doesn't work, she'll try another. Ask her anything and she'll give you an answer. Perhaps a controversial or seemingly hysterical answer, but an answer nonetheless. [nextcol][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ae9f9b9d54d467f5b8a15cb7b98f43f9/tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo9_400.png[/img][nextcol] [size=5][b]-Family-[/b][/size] [i]Parents:[/i] Out-of-clan. [i]Siblings:[/i] None. [i]Mate:[/i] None. [i]Children:[/i] None. [/columns] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/shadow_contest2.png[/img][/center] [/quote] [b]The bio for my dragon Sunkencave; it contains formatting code as well as in-Clan references (you can provide me with these if you wish to really help me flesh out a good backstory)! It is written in third-person view[/b]
~<O>~Examples~<O>~

Note: Plenty of bio examples can be found in my lair.

pyry-stupidcricket.png
Fullbody Colored Sketch of Pyry, a Coatl OC

bloodsmelt.png
Colored Fullscene of Bloodsmelt, one of my Fae
Quote:
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo9_500.png

Sunkencave: Fortune-Teller and Seer
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o6_1280.png

-Belongings-
Personal Familiar:
Maren Currentfinder

Preferred Weapon:
None.

Personal Hoard:
Crystal Ball
Mirror
tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo9_400.png
-Bio-
Sunkencave works alongside Emberdancer as a flame-reader of the Clan; however, she does many other interpretations as well. Believing that spirits are around everyone all the time, she spends much of her time communing with them by simply meditating with her head raised. Whenever asked something, she would always give a sort of vague, intellectual answer with her tranquil voice. The Pearlcatcher never seems to be alarmed by anything -well, except for that one time after the Mistral Jamboree - and her lair is always filled with the smells of incense and a quiet atmosphere.

Sunkencave is a reticent Pearlcatcher, not saying much unless prompted to. She believes in many things, such as possession imprinting: the theory that everything a dragon owns would cause that thing to then have "memories" of the dragon and what happened between it and the thing. She says that " Pearlcatchers have the strongest imprints with their pearls, as they never leave them behind" (and of course, she absolutely treasures her own pearl). She sees something similar with Cestienon's Estyzen, claiming that the movements and though process behind the techniques align a dragon's spirit with the natural harmony between the mortal and ethereal planes, which is what makes the moves so great (and so difficult to execute). Ask Cestienon about it though, and she'll simply grin and say " I'm awesome".

The thing Sunkencave is best at though is elemental-reading in general. Not only can she flame-read, but she says she has "starsight", meaning she can glimpse pieces of time in her dreams; she can read these same pieces of time in spiderwebs. She also claims to hear spirits talk by thoughtfully listening to water. In fact, that's partly as to how she received her name, as she was found as a hatchling inside a partially-flooded cave, seemingly talking to herself! She can also "see" things inside polished orbs and gemstones, or in a particular pattern of scales on a dragon. In a nutshell, she's one serious fortune-teller, and if one method doesn't work, she'll try another. Ask her anything and she'll give you an answer. Perhaps a controversial or seemingly hysterical answer, but an answer nonetheless.
tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo9_400.png
-Family-
Parents:
Out-of-clan.

Siblings:
None.

Mate:
None.

Children:
None.
shadow_contest2.png
The bio for my dragon Sunkencave; it contains formatting code as well as in-Clan references (you can provide me with these if you wish to really help me flesh out a good backstory)! It is written in third-person view
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
[color=blue][size=5][b]~<O>~Pinglists and Signup~<O>~[/b][/size][/color] Fill in a template below if you would like something! -ART TEMPLATE- [code] [b]Username:[/b] [b]Type of Art:[/b] (Colored/uncolored, no border/bordered, bust/Patterned bust/headshot/Patterned headshot/fullbody/fullscene) [b]Payment Method:[/b] (Treasure/Gems/Holiday Currency/Wishlist item/Strange Chest) [b]Concept:[/b] (What you want me to draw. If it's a dragon, please link it) [b]Apparel:[/b] (If you want your dragon to have apparel. Patterned art cannot have apparel) [b]Extra Details:[/b] (What you want the dragon to be doing, any features or details about the scene you would like. If this is a full scene, the environment [i]must[/i] be described to me or I will simply make one up) [/code] -WRITING TEMPLATE- [code] [b]Username:[/b] [b]Type of Writing:[/b] (Dragon bio/Clan bio) [b]Point of View:[/b] (First-person/second-person/third-person. First-person is written with "I"s. Second-person is "you"s. Third-person "his" or "her") [b]Payment Method:[/b] (Treasure/Gems/Holiday Currency/Wishlist item/Strange Chest) [b]Concept:[/b] (Any details about the individual or clan in question I should know beforehand) [b]Templates:[/b] (If there's a particular stereotype, canon, or template I otherwise need to follow while writing; I can also provide bio code, if you wish. If you would like portraits of the dragon's family members like in the examples you must provide me with the links to those portraits so I can add them in! (Go to Account Settings > Change Avatar, find the dragons you want added, right click their images and click "Copy Image URL"; those are the links I need)) [/code] [b]Pinglists:[/b] [i]To be pinged when there's an available commission slot:[/i] MissAmilee (Writing) ---------- [color=teal][size=5][b]~<O>~Pending Requests~<O>~[/b][/size][/color] [b]Username:[/b] Sacnite [b]Type of Art:[/b] Full Scene [b]Payment Method:[/b] Treasure (100,000T) [b]Concept:[/b] Asha the Yokai (Yokai form); review PM [b]Apparel:[/b] None. [b]Extra Details:[/b] I would like to see her up in the air ready to rein down terror from above. (Yes she can fly for some reason Yokai in mythology regardless of wings can fly) Preferably stormy and night and she shines like the moon itself. [b]Username:[/b] TheHeroicOne [b]Type of Writing:[/b] Dragon bio [b]Point of View:[/b] Third person [b]Payment Method:[/b] Treasure [b]Concept:[/b] Ferrum is the son of Pagos Agrios' (not my current lore, but I still use it.) general and shaman. As such he tries his best to be a good warrior to make his father proud, but remain as compassionate as his mother. He can be a little clumsy, but other than that he's a strong-willed young guardian who just wants to keep his home safe. His clumsiness is magnified around Baku, and he becomes an anxious and nervous guy who wants to please her. Other than those things, do whatever you want. :D [b]Templates:[/b] Here is a [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wgt463fIIhQdChTIgukHTZ6ydZcolBIo9N1FmDiivW8/edit?usp=sharing]link[/url] to the template I use [b]Username:[/b] LunarianSouls [b]Type of Art:[/b] Full scene ^^ [b]Payment Method:[/b] Gems. :3 [b]Concept:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/211700/21169926_350.png[/img] This^ Dragon, Aphrodite, flying slightly above/ahead of this dragon, Imizael: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/268884/26888354_350.png[/img] [b]Apparel:[/b] All of their current apparel. I'd like Aphrodite to have the dove flying next to her, but no twig in her mouth. The Light emblem is also not necessary, as is the flowerfall on Imizael. :3 [b]Extra Details:[/b] Aphrodite (blue) is Imizael's (Pink) mentor. I'd like Aphrodite to have a wise expression, and Imizael a curious one. Imizael should be a little smaller than Aphrodite. I'd like the background to be a clear night sky with a prominent full moon. The scene is basically of Aphrodite teaching Imizael, so whatever you think emulates that the best works for me ^^ because there is multiple characters and lots of little detail stuff, I'll be paying 250 gems instead of 40. Just seems more fair to me :3
~<O>~Pinglists and Signup~<O>~
Fill in a template below if you would like something!

-ART TEMPLATE-
Code:
[b]Username:[/b] [b]Type of Art:[/b] (Colored/uncolored, no border/bordered, bust/Patterned bust/headshot/Patterned headshot/fullbody/fullscene) [b]Payment Method:[/b] (Treasure/Gems/Holiday Currency/Wishlist item/Strange Chest) [b]Concept:[/b] (What you want me to draw. If it's a dragon, please link it) [b]Apparel:[/b] (If you want your dragon to have apparel. Patterned art cannot have apparel) [b]Extra Details:[/b] (What you want the dragon to be doing, any features or details about the scene you would like. If this is a full scene, the environment [i]must[/i] be described to me or I will simply make one up)

-WRITING TEMPLATE-
Code:
[b]Username:[/b] [b]Type of Writing:[/b] (Dragon bio/Clan bio) [b]Point of View:[/b] (First-person/second-person/third-person. First-person is written with "I"s. Second-person is "you"s. Third-person "his" or "her") [b]Payment Method:[/b] (Treasure/Gems/Holiday Currency/Wishlist item/Strange Chest) [b]Concept:[/b] (Any details about the individual or clan in question I should know beforehand) [b]Templates:[/b] (If there's a particular stereotype, canon, or template I otherwise need to follow while writing; I can also provide bio code, if you wish. If you would like portraits of the dragon's family members like in the examples you must provide me with the links to those portraits so I can add them in! (Go to Account Settings > Change Avatar, find the dragons you want added, right click their images and click "Copy Image URL"; those are the links I need))

Pinglists:
To be pinged when there's an available commission slot: MissAmilee (Writing)

~<O>~Pending Requests~<O>~

Username: Sacnite
Type of Art: Full Scene
Payment Method: Treasure (100,000T)
Concept: Asha the Yokai (Yokai form); review PM
Apparel: None.
Extra Details: I would like to see her up in the air ready to rein down terror from above. (Yes she can fly for some reason Yokai in mythology regardless of wings can fly) Preferably stormy and night and she shines like the moon itself.

Username: TheHeroicOne
Type of Writing: Dragon bio
Point of View: Third person
Payment Method: Treasure
Concept: Ferrum is the son of Pagos Agrios' (not my current lore, but I still use it.) general and shaman. As such he tries his best to be a good warrior to make his father proud, but remain as compassionate as his mother. He can be a little clumsy, but other than that he's a strong-willed young guardian who just wants to keep his home safe. His clumsiness is magnified around Baku, and he becomes an anxious and nervous guy who wants to please her. Other than those things, do whatever you want. :D
Templates: Here is a link to the template I use

Username: LunarianSouls
Type of Art: Full scene ^^
Payment Method: Gems. :3
Concept: 21169926_350.png
This^ Dragon, Aphrodite, flying slightly above/ahead of this dragon, Imizael: 26888354_350.png
Apparel: All of their current apparel. I'd like Aphrodite to have the dove flying next to her, but no twig in her mouth. The Light emblem is also not necessary, as is the flowerfall on Imizael. :3
Extra Details: Aphrodite (blue) is Imizael's (Pink) mentor. I'd like Aphrodite to have a wise expression, and Imizael a curious one. Imizael should be a little smaller than Aphrodite. I'd like the background to be a clear night sky with a prominent full moon. The scene is basically of Aphrodite teaching Imizael, so whatever you think emulates that the best works for me ^^ because there is multiple characters and lots of little detail stuff, I'll be paying 250 gems instead of 40. Just seems more fair to me :3
[color=indigo][size=5][b]~<O>~Commission Stockpile~<O>~[/b][/size][/color] Note that all full-sized images are links within the images seen; the latter are just previews. [url=http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/finished-scenes.html][img]http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/7/3/82735864/fromthegoop_1.png[/img][/url] [i]From The Goop, a Secret Santa commission; 11/27/15[/i] [url=http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/finished-standalones.html][img]http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/7/3/82735864/skylasha-sdragon-wendigo.png[/img][/url] [i]Skylasha's Wendigo; 12/1/15[/i] [quote] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195658/19565780_350.png[/img] Zephyr is known for two things: her stark coloration and her uncanny sense of direction. Despite the shifting world in which she lives in, the iridescent Skydancer always knows where to go; there isn't one thing that can confuse her! Hatched just days before the Night of the Nocturne, Zephyr's unusual ability-probably due to hatching in an area filled with concentrated magic-was obvious from the start. She would often disappear from the Clan for a few hours to explore, and return right when her caretakers would become concerned. As she grew, she traveled farther and farther out into the Tangled Wood, exploring everything she could and coming back precisely when she said she would. It's still debatable on whether or not she was just very observant like Watcher, or if her sense of direction was primarily fueled by magic, some kind of gift from Shadowbinder for joining the Shadow Flight... Whatever it was though, it was bluntly obvious what job would be best for her: Clan Guide. Often lingering outside of the Clan boundaries, Zephyr greets all dragons with a friendly smile and offers to take them through Clan territory. She is surprisingly amiable for a Shadow dragon, probably due to being an Iceborn Skydancer, and while she is no peacemaker she has managed to calm many flustered dragons trying to pass through the unpredictable landscape, preventing any scrapes that might have happened. In her spare time Zephyr enjoys wandering through the Tangled Wood seemingly for no reason, her linen wrappings protecting her from the thorns and bracken that would normally tear a dragon apart. She also occasionally relaxes in the ice-cold springs that dot the wood, satisfying her natural thirst for cold. During other times she likes to challenge herself by purposefully venturing into lesser-known territories and trying to find her way out; so far she hasn't become lost, which only adds to her reputation as a successful guide and further garners respect(and sometimes jealousy) from her fellow clanmates. [/quote] [i]MissAmilee's Zephyr Bio; 1/20/16[/i] [url=http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/finished-scenes.html][img]http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/7/3/82735864/skylasha-ssaphira.png[/img][/url] [i]Skylasha's Saphira; 2/18/16[/i] [url=http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/finished-standalones.html][img]http://karitzuiangalaxy.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/7/3/82735864/maryvel-srequest_1.png[/img][/url] [i]Maryvel's Dragons Koori and Cazwe; 4/19/16[/i] [quote] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/229494/22949395_350.png?mtime=V1WTVgACXQc.png[/img][/center] [columns][font=Times New Roman][color=#344152][size=7][b]Baku - Seer Artist[/b][/size][/color] [color=#35586c]A work of art, in and of herself. She sees the stories in the fire, and her brush takes that story from the palette to the paper.[/color] [color=#36648b] - Ferrum, mate of Baku[/color] [img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/6246/f/2015/089/b/f/tiny_tumblr_inline_njviwjgnlp1qg2i5p_by_general_ebonrose-d8nsnd7.png[/img] [color=#344152][size=4][b]Clan Role[/b][/size] Clan Artist and Flamereader [b]Mate:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22871124]Ferrum[/url] [b]Previous Mates:[/b] None. [b]Gene Wants:[/b] None. [b]Notes:[/b] A quiescent, somewhat-naive dragon who prefers to see the bright side of things but won't deny the truth. She always takes her time, never rushing anything, whether it be breaking the bad news or painting her latest masterpiece. [size=4][b]Personality[/b][/size] Baku has always been a little on the quiet side, shying away from strangers and never saying anything unless prompted to. Despite her aloof appearance though, she is quite sweet and nurturing; the difficult part is getting her to come out of her shell. She runs like a scared Owlkitten in the face of danger, and tries to hide from the unknown so that she doesn't have to address it, but once she's warmed up to something she proves to be kind, understanding, maybe even a little silly; she is always one to listen to the woes of others, taking the position of a supportive friend. Baku comes off as humble, but also a bit lady-like. She fusses over her manners constantly, and even if she doesn't speak up about it she's always noting and "mentally correcting" the manners of others; she switches her fussing to her appearance should she ever have company. Even her eating is dainty, picking up a single morsel at a time! As if to make up for the painful process of watching her eat though, her courtesy knows no bounds, even to the point of asking about something despite any previously-implied permissions. [size=4][b][u]Job Description[/u][/b][/size] Baku technically works two jobs at once: as a seer and as an artist. The seeing part of her job involves gazing into the depths of a live hearth, evoking her Fire heritage to see what things the flames have to tell her. The other half of her job requires just as much time and patience; using the information she collected from the flames to piece together the message and the story, and then taking that information and turning it into a visual masterpiece. She prefers to work with information that isn't threatening or important to the Clan, so that she isn't stressed about finishing the artwork, but occasionally she has to dust off her vocabulary in order to share something concerning she discovered. So far her paintings have been used to portray (with surprising accuracy) historic events in Pagos Argios, and to show a couple of interesting things that have happened within the Clan, its territory, or anything that might affect either. She doesn't seem to receive visions telling of the future, and whenever prompted about it she simply becomes anxious; " It is not my place to reveal such things." She says. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gavnpRC.png[/img] [/color][/font][nextcol] [color=#344152][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]History[/b][/size] [b][u]Hatchling[/u][/b] As a hatchling Baku was significantly more pursuing and less timid and uh... dignified. Her characteristic smile and paint-splattered face is well-remembered in Pagos Argios, and she had a boundless energy that made her lose more sleep than what was good for her. Not that she cared though; the world was her canvas! With a high spirit, a daring attitude toward art, and a small size that allowed her to draw in the most ridiculous of places, Baku was one of those hatchlings who knew right away what she was good at, and practiced it daily. And this thing was drawing. What was nice is that a budding artist was growing up in Pagos Argios. The bad part was that [i]nothing[/i] was safe from the little Pearlcatcher; from walls, to baskets, to the rumps of the elder dragons, little stick figures and disproportionate scenery covered everything! Luckily Astrid was able to reign in Baku's wild creative mind, giving her as much ink as she could and a spare room in the nursery, saying "go for it!" Baku literally burned herself out, and recovered a lot of lost sleep. It didn't stop her enthusiasm though! She kept on drawing as much as she could, quickly becoming bored with other hobbies she was introduced to. Slowly her artistry drifted toward painting, though at this point in time she had yet to discover her gift of flame-reading. As far as she knew, all dragons could see things in fire, right? [b][u]Adolescent[/u][/b] Naturally, Baku lost some of her ceaseless energy as she grew; as an intellectual though, she quickly - and noticeably - delved into her dark stages. She became withdrawn, and her smile turned into a blank frown. She began using darker, drabber colors that contrasted against her earlier vibrant art pictures, and her willingness to chatter and try new things went so far south that she almost became a neophobe! While her introversion was a little expected based upon her shyness toward strangers, the paranoid neophobia wasn't. It was reassuring at least that she wouldn't go down an even darker path due to her newfound apathy, but it became awkward to talk to her, and Baku had a strange issue with things with eyes. The irony is that she draws things with eyes all the time, but if she's in a room with someone, or something that represented another living thing - be it paintings, statues, even a pattern embroidered into bedding - she feels as though the thing is "looking right at me, like it's really there, and I have to be courteous or something might happen". She also never really told anyone, but she felt watched in the presence of these things because she behaved as though the thing could read her mind; anything particularly private or embarrassing she wouldn't even [i]think[/i] about in a room with something that had eyes! The awkwardness grew, and while she was still a characteristic Pearlcatcher she was also a disheartening one. Chores were just things you had to do over and over. Everything was just going to die in the end. What was the point. Her art was worthless. She couldn't anything else. Blah de blah de blah, the list goes on and on. It was hard to smack some sense into her, and she had grown up to the point that Astrid no longer had to babysit her (especially since the other hatchlings demanded more attention), but then a Guardian only a few days younger than her jumped out of his fumbling, embarrassed teenage self and gave her a neck bow. Just a simple neck bow. Granted, the giving process was hilarious to watch for the older dragons: poor Ferrum inches toward Baku as she stares blankly into the distance. He pokes her shoulder. She turns and gives him a sad look. He sputters something, gives the bow and runs off like a Stinger just shot off after him. She just keeps staring before realizing "Oh, I have a bow". Classic. But anyway, the bow is important because it made her realize something: the Clan appreciated her. It really did. She was being a wet blanket just because she refused to cheer up, which was stupid! With that dawning on her, she began to break down her walls of misery, and revealed a smile now and then. Ferrum, in his supreme embarrassment and anxiety, made her laugh occasionally whenever he would stumble over his words and apologize. She ignored the fact that he only acted this way when around her, but at least it lightened her up, and that's what was important. Slowly, the brighter colors of the palette made it into her paintings. [b][u]Adult[/u][/b] Unlike some seers, Baku recognized her abilities only after her adolescent-dark-spell, through casual conversation. Upon discovering Baku's minor seeing abilities, Cosmos put her to the test, sitting her down in front of a small fire and telling her to describe what she saw. Unfortunately, Baku was a blubbering mess; having spent so much time exercising her artistic skills, she didn't exactly have the best vocabulary! In her failure to describe the images in the fire to Cosmos, she excused herself, rushed to grab a piece of paper and some black ink, and returned to the fire. There, she turned her words into pictures, and the scene seemed to transfer itself right to the parchment. With such a well-executed visual, Cosmos dismissed the Pearlcatcher's earlier attempt for description, and recognized her as having some kind of spiritual gift. It seemed odd to her that Flamecaller would bless a Pearlcatcher in an Ice Clan with this newly-dubbed "firesight", but perhaps it was an indicator of something, or not intended at all? Regardless, this new insight could prove useful to the Clan. At first Baku's job consisted mostly of staring at fire, and while it gave her finesse in using the ability she found it very dull. So, trying to revive her previous creativity, she would paint while next to the fire. Thankfully she never lit anything on fire (except for that one vial of ink she accidentally spilled), [i]but[/i] as a result she stopped paying attention to the flames. So, whenever her new mentor Cosmos would come in and ask if she saw anything new, the Pearlcatcher would be caught red-handed with nothing. Baku's urge to draw proved to be a problem for her new ability, which would help her earn her place in the Clan should she learn to control it. Cosmos isn't one for solving such problems; she was a shaman, not a psychiatrist! So, she consulted Astrid. The ridgeback didn't have much to share, other than that Baku easily settles on compromises. Compromises, hm? Could be useful. So, Cosmos found a compromise: she taught Baku how to control her actions even when in a trance. This "trance movement" was most useful for shamans when communing with something, or performing a complicated rite. For Baku, it was a way for her to draw what she was seeing without having to actually look at the canvas, instead concentrating on the fire. The result was spectacular; with enough practice and plenty of muddled drawings, Baku was able to accurately sketch whatever she saw, and then take those sketches and turn them into full-blown paintings using what remained in her memory. With this new, unique skill, and with plenty of encouragement from Ferrum, Baku approached Fur?zun and requested a job as a seer artist (as before she worked as a forager; maybe that's why she's so good at drawing plants!) The Clan Leader was hesitant, but gave her a trial period of a week's time; if she didn't produce anything useful, she would stick to her old job. It was a lot of effort, and Baku was worried that she wouldn't make it; most of the things she saw had to do with Pagos Argios's history, or were just nice little tidbits about the surrounding area. What saved her scales though was one vision in particular about three little hatchlings. One was a Guardian, the other two were Pearlcatchers. They were playing in a snow drift on a particularly warm day. She saw Astrid nearby, but for some reason she was keeping her distance; in her vision, Baku was right next to these hatchlings. Like most of her visions the scene only lasted for a few minutes, but Baku managed to jot down every detail she could before presenting the picture to Fur?zun. At first the Imperial thought nothing of it; "It's a picture of hatchlings. How nice." He had said dryly. A bit disappointed in herself, Baku asked for an extension, and he grudgingly gave her one more week... And suddenly there were eggs. Three eggs. Baku was both panicked and awed. When Ferrum heard the news, he just stared blankly for a long time. How did?! Where?! [i]Eggs[/i]?! She couldn't take care of [i]eggs[/i]! Not now!! What should she do?? Ferrum was wing-deep in warrior training, and Baku had a deadline to meet! How...? Poor Astrid, she was given the whole nest. A fumbled explanation, coupled with an apology, and Baku was back at the hearth where her art was; Astrid didn't mind, hatchling care was her thing. As Baku's frantic flame-reading trial neared a close though, Astrid jumped in just in time with some brilliant news. " A Guardian! A Guardian and two Pearlcatchers! You [i]have[/i] to see them!!" The very same hatchlings Baku had envisioned. The Guardian was gnawing his sister's ears. The male Pearlcatcher had already downed his entire eggshell, and made a beeline for his brother's discarded shell. And their markings were identical to those in Baku's painting. Fur?zun was impressed, for once, and gave Baku her desired job as a seer artist. Not like she could work it now though, considering she had hatchlings to take care of. Although, even as the youngsters grew and began begging to explore the world, and plans were being made for them to be sent off to discover new Clans and allies, Baku still has her painting of her first clutch, shared with Ferrum, and will fondly remember them. [/color][/font][font=Times New Roman][color=#35586c]" Art can reveal even the things we cannot see."[/color] [color=#36648b] - Baku[/color][/font] [/columns] [right][size=2]Designed by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=115702]Minstri[/url][/size] [size=2]Bio Information by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=172277]skwerl56767[/url][/size][/right] [/quote] [i]TheHeroicOne's Baku Bio; 6/6/16
~<O>~Commission Stockpile~<O>~
Note that all full-sized images are links within the images seen; the latter are just previews.

fromthegoop_1.png
From The Goop, a Secret Santa commission; 11/27/15

skylasha-sdragon-wendigo.png
Skylasha's Wendigo; 12/1/15
Quote:
19565780_350.png
Zephyr is known for two things: her stark coloration and her uncanny sense of direction. Despite the shifting world in which she lives in, the iridescent Skydancer always knows where to go; there isn't one thing that can confuse her!

Hatched just days before the Night of the Nocturne, Zephyr's unusual ability-probably due to hatching in an area filled with concentrated magic-was obvious from the start. She would often disappear from the Clan for a few hours to explore, and return right when her caretakers would become concerned. As she grew, she traveled farther and farther out into the Tangled Wood, exploring everything she could and coming back precisely when she said she would. It's still debatable on whether or not she was just very observant like Watcher, or if her sense of direction was primarily fueled by magic, some kind of gift from Shadowbinder for joining the Shadow Flight... Whatever it was though, it was bluntly obvious what job would be best for her: Clan Guide.

Often lingering outside of the Clan boundaries, Zephyr greets all dragons with a friendly smile and offers to take them through Clan territory. She is surprisingly amiable for a Shadow dragon, probably due to being an Iceborn Skydancer, and while she is no peacemaker she has managed to calm many flustered dragons trying to pass through the unpredictable landscape, preventing any scrapes that might have happened. In her spare time Zephyr enjoys wandering through the Tangled Wood seemingly for no reason, her linen wrappings protecting her from the thorns and bracken that would normally tear a dragon apart. She also occasionally relaxes in the ice-cold springs that dot the wood, satisfying her natural thirst for cold. During other times she likes to challenge herself by purposefully venturing into lesser-known territories and trying to find her way out; so far she hasn't become lost, which only adds to her reputation as a successful guide and further garners respect(and sometimes jealousy) from her fellow clanmates.
MissAmilee's Zephyr Bio; 1/20/16

skylasha-ssaphira.png
Skylasha's Saphira; 2/18/16

maryvel-srequest_1.png
Maryvel's Dragons Koori and Cazwe; 4/19/16
Quote:
22949395_350.png?mtime=V1WTVgACXQc.png
Baku - Seer Artist

A work of art, in and of herself. She sees the stories in the fire, and her brush takes that story from the palette to the paper.
- Ferrum, mate of Baku

tiny_tumblr_inline_njviwjgnlp1qg2i5p_by_general_ebonrose-d8nsnd7.png

Clan Role
Clan Artist and Flamereader
Mate: Ferrum
Previous Mates: None.
Gene Wants: None.
Notes: A quiescent, somewhat-naive dragon who prefers to see the bright side of things but won't deny the truth. She always takes her time, never rushing anything, whether it be breaking the bad news or painting her latest masterpiece.

Personality
Baku has always been a little on the quiet side, shying away from strangers and never saying anything unless prompted to. Despite her aloof appearance though, she is quite sweet and nurturing; the difficult part is getting her to come out of her shell. She runs like a scared Owlkitten in the face of danger, and tries to hide from the unknown so that she doesn't have to address it, but once she's warmed up to something she proves to be kind, understanding, maybe even a little silly; she is always one to listen to the woes of others, taking the position of a supportive friend.
Baku comes off as humble, but also a bit lady-like. She fusses over her manners constantly, and even if she doesn't speak up about it she's always noting and "mentally correcting" the manners of others; she switches her fussing to her appearance should she ever have company. Even her eating is dainty, picking up a single morsel at a time! As if to make up for the painful process of watching her eat though, her courtesy knows no bounds, even to the point of asking about something despite any previously-implied permissions.

Job Description
Baku technically works two jobs at once: as a seer and as an artist. The seeing part of her job involves gazing into the depths of a live hearth, evoking her Fire heritage to see what things the flames have to tell her. The other half of her job requires just as much time and patience; using the information she collected from the flames to piece together the message and the story, and then taking that information and turning it into a visual masterpiece. She prefers to work with information that isn't threatening or important to the Clan, so that she isn't stressed about finishing the artwork, but occasionally she has to dust off her vocabulary in order to share something concerning she discovered. So far her paintings have been used to portray (with surprising accuracy) historic events in Pagos Argios, and to show a couple of interesting things that have happened within the Clan, its territory, or anything that might affect either. She doesn't seem to receive visions telling of the future, and whenever prompted about it she simply becomes anxious; " It is not my place to reveal such things." She says.

gavnpRC.png

History

Hatchling

As a hatchling Baku was significantly more pursuing and less timid and uh... dignified. Her characteristic smile and paint-splattered face is well-remembered in Pagos Argios, and she had a boundless energy that made her lose more sleep than what was good for her. Not that she cared though; the world was her canvas! With a high spirit, a daring attitude toward art, and a small size that allowed her to draw in the most ridiculous of places, Baku was one of those hatchlings who knew right away what she was good at, and practiced it daily. And this thing was drawing.

What was nice is that a budding artist was growing up in Pagos Argios. The bad part was that nothing was safe from the little Pearlcatcher; from walls, to baskets, to the rumps of the elder dragons, little stick figures and disproportionate scenery covered everything! Luckily Astrid was able to reign in Baku's wild creative mind, giving her as much ink as she could and a spare room in the nursery, saying "go for it!"
Baku literally burned herself out, and recovered a lot of lost sleep. It didn't stop her enthusiasm though! She kept on drawing as much as she could, quickly becoming bored with other hobbies she was introduced to. Slowly her artistry drifted toward painting, though at this point in time she had yet to discover her gift of flame-reading. As far as she knew, all dragons could see things in fire, right?

Adolescent

Naturally, Baku lost some of her ceaseless energy as she grew; as an intellectual though, she quickly - and noticeably - delved into her dark stages. She became withdrawn, and her smile turned into a blank frown. She began using darker, drabber colors that contrasted against her earlier vibrant art pictures, and her willingness to chatter and try new things went so far south that she almost became a neophobe! While her introversion was a little expected based upon her shyness toward strangers, the paranoid neophobia wasn't. It was reassuring at least that she wouldn't go down an even darker path due to her newfound apathy, but it became awkward to talk to her, and Baku had a strange issue with things with eyes. The irony is that she draws things with eyes all the time, but if she's in a room with someone, or something that represented another living thing - be it paintings, statues, even a pattern embroidered into bedding - she feels as though the thing is "looking right at me, like it's really there, and I have to be courteous or something might happen". She also never really told anyone, but she felt watched in the presence of these things because she behaved as though the thing could read her mind; anything particularly private or embarrassing she wouldn't even think about in a room with something that had eyes!

The awkwardness grew, and while she was still a characteristic Pearlcatcher she was also a disheartening one. Chores were just things you had to do over and over. Everything was just going to die in the end. What was the point. Her art was worthless. She couldn't anything else. Blah de blah de blah, the list goes on and on. It was hard to smack some sense into her, and she had grown up to the point that Astrid no longer had to babysit her (especially since the other hatchlings demanded more attention), but then a Guardian only a few days younger than her jumped out of his fumbling, embarrassed teenage self and gave her a neck bow.
Just a simple neck bow.
Granted, the giving process was hilarious to watch for the older dragons: poor Ferrum inches toward Baku as she stares blankly into the distance. He pokes her shoulder. She turns and gives him a sad look. He sputters something, gives the bow and runs off like a Stinger just shot off after him. She just keeps staring before realizing "Oh, I have a bow".
Classic.
But anyway, the bow is important because it made her realize something: the Clan appreciated her. It really did. She was being a wet blanket just because she refused to cheer up, which was stupid!
With that dawning on her, she began to break down her walls of misery, and revealed a smile now and then. Ferrum, in his supreme embarrassment and anxiety, made her laugh occasionally whenever he would stumble over his words and apologize. She ignored the fact that he only acted this way when around her, but at least it lightened her up, and that's what was important. Slowly, the brighter colors of the palette made it into her paintings.

Adult

Unlike some seers, Baku recognized her abilities only after her adolescent-dark-spell, through casual conversation. Upon discovering Baku's minor seeing abilities, Cosmos put her to the test, sitting her down in front of a small fire and telling her to describe what she saw. Unfortunately, Baku was a blubbering mess; having spent so much time exercising her artistic skills, she didn't exactly have the best vocabulary! In her failure to describe the images in the fire to Cosmos, she excused herself, rushed to grab a piece of paper and some black ink, and returned to the fire. There, she turned her words into pictures, and the scene seemed to transfer itself right to the parchment. With such a well-executed visual, Cosmos dismissed the Pearlcatcher's earlier attempt for description, and recognized her as having some kind of spiritual gift. It seemed odd to her that Flamecaller would bless a Pearlcatcher in an Ice Clan with this newly-dubbed "firesight", but perhaps it was an indicator of something, or not intended at all? Regardless, this new insight could prove useful to the Clan.

At first Baku's job consisted mostly of staring at fire, and while it gave her finesse in using the ability she found it very dull. So, trying to revive her previous creativity, she would paint while next to the fire. Thankfully she never lit anything on fire (except for that one vial of ink she accidentally spilled), but as a result she stopped paying attention to the flames. So, whenever her new mentor Cosmos would come in and ask if she saw anything new, the Pearlcatcher would be caught red-handed with nothing.
Baku's urge to draw proved to be a problem for her new ability, which would help her earn her place in the Clan should she learn to control it. Cosmos isn't one for solving such problems; she was a shaman, not a psychiatrist! So, she consulted Astrid. The ridgeback didn't have much to share, other than that Baku easily settles on compromises.
Compromises, hm? Could be useful. So, Cosmos found a compromise: she taught Baku how to control her actions even when in a trance.

This "trance movement" was most useful for shamans when communing with something, or performing a complicated rite. For Baku, it was a way for her to draw what she was seeing without having to actually look at the canvas, instead concentrating on the fire. The result was spectacular; with enough practice and plenty of muddled drawings, Baku was able to accurately sketch whatever she saw, and then take those sketches and turn them into full-blown paintings using what remained in her memory. With this new, unique skill, and with plenty of encouragement from Ferrum, Baku approached Fur?zun and requested a job as a seer artist (as before she worked as a forager; maybe that's why she's so good at drawing plants!) The Clan Leader was hesitant, but gave her a trial period of a week's time; if she didn't produce anything useful, she would stick to her old job.

It was a lot of effort, and Baku was worried that she wouldn't make it; most of the things she saw had to do with Pagos Argios's history, or were just nice little tidbits about the surrounding area. What saved her scales though was one vision in particular about three little hatchlings. One was a Guardian, the other two were Pearlcatchers. They were playing in a snow drift on a particularly warm day. She saw Astrid nearby, but for some reason she was keeping her distance; in her vision, Baku was right next to these hatchlings. Like most of her visions the scene only lasted for a few minutes, but Baku managed to jot down every detail she could before presenting the picture to Fur?zun. At first the Imperial thought nothing of it; "It's a picture of hatchlings. How nice." He had said dryly. A bit disappointed in herself, Baku asked for an extension, and he grudgingly gave her one more week...

And suddenly there were eggs.
Three eggs. Baku was both panicked and awed. When Ferrum heard the news, he just stared blankly for a long time. How did?! Where?! Eggs?! She couldn't take care of eggs! Not now!! What should she do?? Ferrum was wing-deep in warrior training, and Baku had a deadline to meet! How...?
Poor Astrid, she was given the whole nest. A fumbled explanation, coupled with an apology, and Baku was back at the hearth where her art was; Astrid didn't mind, hatchling care was her thing. As Baku's frantic flame-reading trial neared a close though, Astrid jumped in just in time with some brilliant news.
" A Guardian! A Guardian and two Pearlcatchers! You have to see them!!"
The very same hatchlings Baku had envisioned. The Guardian was gnawing his sister's ears. The male Pearlcatcher had already downed his entire eggshell, and made a beeline for his brother's discarded shell. And their markings were identical to those in Baku's painting.

Fur?zun was impressed, for once, and gave Baku her desired job as a seer artist. Not like she could work it now though, considering she had hatchlings to take care of. Although, even as the youngsters grew and began begging to explore the world, and plans were being made for them to be sent off to discover new Clans and allies, Baku still has her painting of her first clutch, shared with Ferrum, and will fondly remember them.

" Art can reveal even the things we cannot see."
- Baku
Designed by Minstri
Bio Information by skwerl56767
TheHeroicOne's Baku Bio; 6/6/16
One last reserve just in case.
One last reserve just in case.
Go ahead and start posting!
Go ahead and start posting!
@skwerl56767 Ahhhhh omg Skwerl I found you on FR!! XDD It's me, Ace (Slater_C) from dragcave!

Omg good luck with your shop, here's a free bump, and it's good to see you! <33333
@skwerl56767 Ahhhhh omg Skwerl I found you on FR!! XDD It's me, Ace (Slater_C) from dragcave!

Omg good luck with your shop, here's a free bump, and it's good to see you! <33333
AceNoc_2.png
Howdy, my name is Ace!
They/Them, He/Him

• Artist
• Old and Tired™
• Might take a bit to respond but pings and PMs are always welcome!
@AceZaslavsky Oh hi! Thanks! XD I didn't know you were on here either! Now I have to go looking for your own art threads, hah hah.
@AceZaslavsky Oh hi! Thanks! XD I didn't know you were on here either! Now I have to go looking for your own art threads, hah hah.
@skwerl56767 I feel like I've been on here all my life now XDD I migrated over from DC in the summer and now I don't even know what logging out is lmao.

It's so awesome to see you arting though! I don't think I ever saw your non-pixel work - it's really cool!
@skwerl56767 I feel like I've been on here all my life now XDD I migrated over from DC in the summer and now I don't even know what logging out is lmao.

It's so awesome to see you arting though! I don't think I ever saw your non-pixel work - it's really cool!
AceNoc_2.png
Howdy, my name is Ace!
They/Them, He/Him

• Artist
• Old and Tired™
• Might take a bit to respond but pings and PMs are always welcome!
@skwerl56767

Hello! I'd love to order but I would like to ask what the holiday: # means on your pricing. Is that the amount of currency you accept?
@skwerl56767

Hello! I'd love to order but I would like to ask what the holiday: # means on your pricing. Is that the amount of currency you accept?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9