Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why does everyone play to exalt?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Alydol

/commerce/
@Alydol

/commerce/
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
For the glory of Bossdad Space Dad.
For the glory of Bossdad Space Dad.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
Money. Apparel doesn't manifest from thin air.
Money. Apparel doesn't manifest from thin air.
As others have said: I don't play to exalt, I exalt to play.

Game wise I exalt for: 1. Money (like the 500kt I have made today) 2. Dom glory 3. Lair space

Lore wise: My clan is very devout to Gladekeeper and thus everybody wants to help as many as possible to serve her. Those that stay for longer wish they could soon join their friends in service. And the highest honor my progens have is that almost all of their children have chosen the path to Gladekeeper.
As others have said: I don't play to exalt, I exalt to play.

Game wise I exalt for: 1. Money (like the 500kt I have made today) 2. Dom glory 3. Lair space

Lore wise: My clan is very devout to Gladekeeper and thus everybody wants to help as many as possible to serve her. Those that stay for longer wish they could soon join their friends in service. And the highest honor my progens have is that almost all of their children have chosen the path to Gladekeeper.
3sEe5kl.pngglkI7Qo.pnge5U3u7u.png
Now I'm imagining an alien coming to Earth like: "Why does everyone live to just work?"
Now I'm imagining an alien coming to Earth like: "Why does everyone live to just work?"
Pings are cool!

It's @sqld,
with a lowercase
L, not @sqid.
--- Money-making guide

Cycled items guide

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
--
92N6u9f.png
Why does everyone play how they want to?
Why does everyone play how they want to?
ctFAI4k.gif
DOM & Dragon Cash.
DOM & Dragon Cash.
Honestly, I get that people who are offended by exalting are real people with real feeling but guess what? Exalters are people with feelings too.

Which is worse: Pinkerton salt meme vs... getting called a murderer. Yeah, I rather think the OP isn't the victim in this thread. Was the salt meme necessary? No, but it serves a specific function. It uses humor to re-contextualize the argument. Or to phrase it another way, it's a funny reminder that this is only a game and it's not worth calling people murderers over.

If the OP dislikes the exalt mechanic that much, hey, maybe this isn't the game for him.
Honestly, I get that people who are offended by exalting are real people with real feeling but guess what? Exalters are people with feelings too.

Which is worse: Pinkerton salt meme vs... getting called a murderer. Yeah, I rather think the OP isn't the victim in this thread. Was the salt meme necessary? No, but it serves a specific function. It uses humor to re-contextualize the argument. Or to phrase it another way, it's a funny reminder that this is only a game and it's not worth calling people murderers over.

If the OP dislikes the exalt mechanic that much, hey, maybe this isn't the game for him.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
First, remember that only you can exalt your dragons. If you sold one, it isn't yours any more.

Second, if one played ONLY to exalt, they would exalt their progens and then be done with the game. As many have said, exalting is done for money, for dom, for fun, for lore.

If you don't want to exalt, don't. If you don't want others to exalt dragons you bred, keep them or don't breed them. Earn money other ways and buy the dragons you want.
First, remember that only you can exalt your dragons. If you sold one, it isn't yours any more.

Second, if one played ONLY to exalt, they would exalt their progens and then be done with the game. As many have said, exalting is done for money, for dom, for fun, for lore.

If you don't want to exalt, don't. If you don't want others to exalt dragons you bred, keep them or don't breed them. Earn money other ways and buy the dragons you want.
Holla holla dragon dolla yo!

In all seriousness, breeding and training to exalt is one of the most efficient ways to make money on site. It's also a big part of the culture, at least in Light. We tend to have expensive tastes in apparel, art, skins, etc. and need a way to finance all the shiny pretties. Getting dom bonuses is just a happy accident of a side effect.

Exalting is not a negative thing. I breed my dragons consistently, as often as I can. To my knowledge there are less than half a dozen surviving children of my permas and semi-permas born since I acquired them. I have been on this site for over two years. I know that everyone has different play styles and I am glad that FR allows folks to play the way they want. Exalting is a very important mechanic and a large part of the game for many people. I think it's helpful to accept that fact and let everyone play the way they want to.
Holla holla dragon dolla yo!

In all seriousness, breeding and training to exalt is one of the most efficient ways to make money on site. It's also a big part of the culture, at least in Light. We tend to have expensive tastes in apparel, art, skins, etc. and need a way to finance all the shiny pretties. Getting dom bonuses is just a happy accident of a side effect.

Exalting is not a negative thing. I breed my dragons consistently, as often as I can. To my knowledge there are less than half a dozen surviving children of my permas and semi-permas born since I acquired them. I have been on this site for over two years. I know that everyone has different play styles and I am glad that FR allows folks to play the way they want. Exalting is a very important mechanic and a large part of the game for many people. I think it's helpful to accept that fact and let everyone play the way they want to.
Looking for G1 Nocturne born December 25, 2015. Any flight, color, gene, sex, or offspring list is fine. Message me if you have one to sell! Thanks!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10