Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why does everyone play to exalt?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Alydol Gotta have that sweet dragon cash. [img]https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-07-2015/cvVpJJ.gif[/img] In all seriousness, exaltation and dominance are essential to the economy here on Flight Rising. If there was no option to exalt dragons, the market would eventually collapse in on itself. I train and exalt for profit because if I didn't, I would make no treasure whatsoever because I can't stand the Fairgrounds. I also train and exalt to help fodder breeders and sellers, because it's a way to support the community by buying the fodder they're selling.
@Alydol
Gotta have that sweet dragon cash.
cvVpJJ.gif

In all seriousness, exaltation and dominance are essential to the economy here on Flight Rising. If there was no option to exalt dragons, the market would eventually collapse in on itself. I train and exalt for profit because if I didn't, I would make no treasure whatsoever because I can't stand the Fairgrounds. I also train and exalt to help fodder breeders and sellers, because it's a way to support the community by buying the fodder they're selling.
lightshieldl.png

chelsea
she | her
+2 FR

...and we came forth to behold the stars.
je67dzK.gif
@Lightshadow101 @vhyxe as i was about to say, nobody plays just to exalt. that's just not a thing. everyone i've ever seen on this website has more than 1 dragon in their lair, so clearly exalting isn't the main draw of the game. this is just the second thread OP has made about this and still hasn't even tried to understand the necessity of exalting dragons, so that just comes off as very [item=salt][item=salt][item=salt]
@Lightshadow101
@vhyxe

as i was about to say, nobody plays just to exalt. that's just not a thing. everyone i've ever seen on this website has more than 1 dragon in their lair, so clearly exalting isn't the main draw of the game.

this is just the second thread OP has made about this and still hasn't even tried to understand the necessity of exalting dragons, so that just comes off as very
Salt Salt Salt
rLM2h8D.png
@lightshadow101 No trouble at all <':

@middoe Give them a year or two on being on the website, they'll start seeing exalting is an important mechanic of the game. Who has still every dragons they started with?
@lightshadow101 No trouble at all <':

@middoe Give them a year or two on being on the website, they'll start seeing exalting is an important mechanic of the game. Who has still every dragons they started with?
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
@middoe

Yeah I saw that. I mean I understand new players not completely understanding the game, but this is kind of out of that range.
@middoe

Yeah I saw that. I mean I understand new players not completely understanding the game, but this is kind of out of that range.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
@Alydol, I saw your other thread when I went to look at your lair. I was concerned that you might have been upset about having one of your dragons exalted. You have my sympathy.

That said, you shouldn't get too stressed out about it. No one's trying to wrong you or hurt you (though I do feel that the 'salt' comments are insensitive). Exalting isn't bad or wrong either, it just, is what it I suppose. Focus on your dragons, not the children they happen to have. Be glad when they do find a home, but be willing to accept it if they do not.

In short, focusing on the positive and learn to light your heart up.
@Alydol, I saw your other thread when I went to look at your lair. I was concerned that you might have been upset about having one of your dragons exalted. You have my sympathy.

That said, you shouldn't get too stressed out about it. No one's trying to wrong you or hurt you (though I do feel that the 'salt' comments are insensitive). Exalting isn't bad or wrong either, it just, is what it I suppose. Focus on your dragons, not the children they happen to have. Be glad when they do find a home, but be willing to accept it if they do not.

In short, focusing on the positive and learn to light your heart up.
@MaskofKeter

I don't think it's insensitive, we've all learned to live with exaltation and someone making a huge fuss about it and (on the other thread) comparing it to a death of a real dog or cat, it seems this player is making too big of a deal, at least in my opinion. You're obviously entitled to your's but please keep this in mind.
@MaskofKeter

I don't think it's insensitive, we've all learned to live with exaltation and someone making a huge fuss about it and (on the other thread) comparing it to a death of a real dog or cat, it seems this player is making too big of a deal, at least in my opinion. You're obviously entitled to your's but please keep this in mind.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
[quote name="Lightshadow101" date=2017-08-27 19:54:01] @MaskofKeter I don't think it's insensitive, we've all learned to live with exaltation and someone making a huge fuss about it and (on the other thread) comparing it to a death of a real dog or cat, it seems this player is making too big of a deal, at least in my opinion. You're obviously entitled to your's but please keep this in mind. [/quote] I agree. They aren't trying to understand why another user would exalt a dragon, as far as I could tell, and comparing it to the death of a dog or cat was an overreaction, to say the least. But like lightshadow said, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Lightshadow101 wrote on 2017-08-27:
@MaskofKeter

I agree. They aren't trying to understand why another user would exalt a dragon, as far as I could tell, and comparing it to the death of a dog or cat was an overreaction, to say the least. But like lightshadow said, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
This dragon empty

Yeet
This dragon empty

Yeet
To only play to exalt would make no sense. Exalting is boring and nobody would do it if it didn't have some kind of reward. I do believe everyone who does exalt does so exclusively to buy things for the dragons they do have.

I like to have my dragons to come up with stories for them. I write little bios for them and whatnot. It's fun to me. But I do exalt dragons from time to time, such as with this girl, who no longer fits into my story or has to go off to serve the Windsinger for lore reasons or because I just don't want them in my lair anymore. Exalting isn't the way I have fun, but sometimes exalting gets me what I want. Like more lair space and cash to gene or dress my dragons that I'm keeping.

It's nothing personal against you. It's just that there isn't enough lair space in Flight Rising to keep all the dragons that are constantly being put into the game.
To only play to exalt would make no sense. Exalting is boring and nobody would do it if it didn't have some kind of reward. I do believe everyone who does exalt does so exclusively to buy things for the dragons they do have.

I like to have my dragons to come up with stories for them. I write little bios for them and whatnot. It's fun to me. But I do exalt dragons from time to time, such as with this girl, who no longer fits into my story or has to go off to serve the Windsinger for lore reasons or because I just don't want them in my lair anymore. Exalting isn't the way I have fun, but sometimes exalting gets me what I want. Like more lair space and cash to gene or dress my dragons that I'm keeping.

It's nothing personal against you. It's just that there isn't enough lair space in Flight Rising to keep all the dragons that are constantly being put into the game.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@Lightshadow101, I understand that point, but they're obviously upset and emotional about this issue. Even if it isn't a big deal to most of us, it is to them right now. I didn't see the pet comment (and the other thread is gone now) so I can't comment on that, but I've had some people respond to me in a similar way when I was upset about something (mostly when I was younger), and seeing/hearing something like that stings. It hits you hard and it hurts.

Let them calm down and think about it, but I think calling them salty and overreactionary right now isn't needed. That's my rational.
@Lightshadow101, I understand that point, but they're obviously upset and emotional about this issue. Even if it isn't a big deal to most of us, it is to them right now. I didn't see the pet comment (and the other thread is gone now) so I can't comment on that, but I've had some people respond to me in a similar way when I was upset about something (mostly when I was younger), and seeing/hearing something like that stings. It hits you hard and it hurts.

Let them calm down and think about it, but I think calling them salty and overreactionary right now isn't needed. That's my rational.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10