Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why does everyone play to exalt?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[font=lucida console] I only exalt dragons when I need cash or there's a dom push, but when I do... I have about 13 dragons and room for over 60 so things get done in numbers. I also breed my own fodder with my progens (and these lvl 25s I'm going to try and sell off together when I get other dragons to 25... closest now is 19) so I don't buy as many from other people as others probably do. but also this [img]http://i.imgur.com/Un7CK7s.png[/img]
I only exalt dragons when I need cash or there's a dom push, but when I do... I have about 13 dragons and room for over 60 so things get done in numbers. I also breed my own fodder with my progens (and these lvl 25s I'm going to try and sell off together when I get other dragons to 25... closest now is 19) so I don't buy as many from other people as others probably do.

but also this
Un7CK7s.png
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/001/591/8e4.gif[/img]
8e4.gif
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
[quote name="@CrimsonAero" date=2017-08-27 19:14:42] [img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/001/591/8e4.gif[/img] [/quote] I love you for that gift of a gif
@CrimsonAero wrote on 2017-08-27:
8e4.gif
I love you for that gift of a gif
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
Because yes.
Because yes.
ElderlyGivingDutchshepherddog-max-1mb.gif
But to people play to exalt? Like that's all they do?
Money.
Money.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
money mostly. sometimes prizes in pushes and dom bonus.
money mostly. sometimes prizes in pushes and dom bonus.
eJjRguz.gifwpbQAJl.pngxFS26wH.pngHYGuuPe.png2pUgUlN.pngiuq3Fph.pngFW2m3Le.pngWZY5XMs.pngPeuDgXm.png
you dont need to make two threads about this, you know.
you dont need to make two threads about this, you know.
rLM2h8D.png
@Alydol It depends on the player. Personally, I make most of my money leveling cheap dragons and then exalting them. It's the fastest way (in my opinion) to make money. There are probably faster ways, but that is the way I enjoy making my money the most. I'm not much of a restocker, and I don't sell my art for FR currency. Also, it cleans out the AH of dragons that are unwanted or not as nice looking as others. Exalting dragons also goes toward dominance. A lot of flights will compete for dominance for glory and dominance rewards. I like the glory of dominance, so when there's a big fight, I'll usually participate. If you don't want your dragons to be exalted, be sure to price them for higher. Dragons that are priced higher (10k and above) tend to not be exalted as frequently UNLESS there is a very big dominance battle that pushes the prices up higher. Generally, to be safe, 15k for adults and hatchlings (maybe even 20k-25k) means that they will most likely be safe from exaltation, because the person exalting can't make money but leveling and then exalting. Also make sure to keep track of whether there is a big dominance battle or not coming or happening and adjust your prices accordingly. There are Dom Watch threads generally every week or so, and they can be found in the Flight Rising Discussion forum. EDIT: [quote name="Alydol" date=2017-08-27 19:15:55] But to people play to exalt? Like that's all they do? [/quote] People play to get dragons and stuff that they like. Exalting dragons makes money. They use this money to get other dragons they want more than the dragon they exalted. It is a fast, quick way to make money if you have a good team of Level 25's. Personally, I feel like it thins out the AH of potentially unwanted dragons, so I feel like I'm helping keep the site's population balanced.
@Alydol

It depends on the player. Personally, I make most of my money leveling cheap dragons and then exalting them. It's the fastest way (in my opinion) to make money. There are probably faster ways, but that is the way I enjoy making my money the most. I'm not much of a restocker, and I don't sell my art for FR currency. Also, it cleans out the AH of dragons that are unwanted or not as nice looking as others.

Exalting dragons also goes toward dominance. A lot of flights will compete for dominance for glory and dominance rewards. I like the glory of dominance, so when there's a big fight, I'll usually participate.

If you don't want your dragons to be exalted, be sure to price them for higher. Dragons that are priced higher (10k and above) tend to not be exalted as frequently UNLESS there is a very big dominance battle that pushes the prices up higher. Generally, to be safe, 15k for adults and hatchlings (maybe even 20k-25k) means that they will most likely be safe from exaltation, because the person exalting can't make money but leveling and then exalting.

Also make sure to keep track of whether there is a big dominance battle or not coming or happening and adjust your prices accordingly. There are Dom Watch threads generally every week or so, and they can be found in the Flight Rising Discussion forum.

EDIT:
Alydol wrote on 2017-08-27:

People play to get dragons and stuff that they like. Exalting dragons makes money. They use this money to get other dragons they want more than the dragon they exalted. It is a fast, quick way to make money if you have a good team of Level 25's.

Personally, I feel like it thins out the AH of potentially unwanted dragons, so I feel like I'm helping keep the site's population balanced.
[quote name="Alydol" date=2017-08-27 19:15:55] But to people play to exalt? Like that's all they do? [/quote] No, we use the money we get from exalting to actually play the game, and buy more stuff for our dragons.
Alydol wrote on 2017-08-27:

No, we use the money we get from exalting to actually play the game, and buy more stuff for our dragons.
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10