Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
(@bellancawings That's a shame to hear, I hope you get better soon. Don't worry about not being able to reply for awhile, just focus on getting better! I'm sure most of us will happily await for your return and recovery.)
(@bellancawings That's a shame to hear, I hope you get better soon. Don't worry about not being able to reply for awhile, just focus on getting better! I'm sure most of us will happily await for your return and recovery.)
(Yay for delayed flights! Ain't nothin' the airports can do about mother nature. At least it gives me more time to write.)

"Brangwen?" Annelie murmured thoughtfully. It's true he would be a valuable asset to the flight. His loyalty was unwavering, yet his cunning skills would be useful in determining the truthfulness of other clans. Best to have all bases covered, no matter what might happen. A certain amount of skepticism was always healthy. Trust was earned, not given. The other clan leaders certainly hadn't given the Capri leaders cause to trust them just yet. "Good, good. I shall see about bringing him with us. Now..." She hesitated, eyeing the field of flowers spread out in front of them. "Would you be able to find Rhoselarth for me? She will be hard to spot, but I am sure you will find her eventually." Gasping slightly as Annria sent a pained, startled feeling to the runed dragon in front of Valentine, Annelie composed herself and added, "She should be somewhere in the meadow. Perhaps growing more blue flowers with her magic. Once you find her, gather in the main chamber with the rest of the dragons. We shall depart soon."

Hopping up to the ledge above the pair, she remembered one more, very important thing to say. "Oh, and Valentine? Don't let Rhoselarth talk your ear off. She could make the whole day pass by with that mouth of hers. Find her, get her to the chamber." With that, she leaped up and away, back to the main chamber to start looking for Brangwen, the shifty black dragon.
~

Annria wandered from brood mother to brood mother, asking why each had added or refused to add their eggs to the pile. Some she convinced to join the safety in numbers, others she gained a deeper understanding of the pride and determination that a mother gained from raising her clutch herself. Each dragon in the clan was able to do what they pleased, as long as it didn't violate the area around the castle or harm another dragon within the clan. With a high level of freedom was expected a high level of trust, and most members accepted this fact.

Approaching a large crimson-winged female with deep red antlers pointing toward the heavens, Annria saw she was helping a mother herd her hatchlings into a group of other hatchlings. There were about 8 in total, with mothers usually taking turns supervising the rowdy group so they each had a chance to hunt and relax without babies bouncing off their scales every second of the day. "Mara," She began as she drew close to the regal ice scaled, crimson winged dragon, "Working hard or hardly working?" Grinning, she already knew the answer the large dragon would give.

"Hardly working, of course!" Mara replied in a crisp voice, sounding like the crunch of leaves as footfalls crushed their fragile frames against the ground. "Hatchlings are bundles of energy, so much stored energy being released all at once." She purred in her crackly voice, whipping her tail around to cut off the path of a hatchling that was bounding toward Annria, hoping to redirect it. The hatchling, however, leaped over Mara's tail and fluttered it's undeveloped wings in a vain attempt to fly. It realized its mistake as the trajectory of the leap caused it to fall into Annria's wing, which was slightly unfurled. Both dragons let out a small yelp as one's wing was pinned against the ground, and one's vision was obscured by a blindingly white wing then promptly bonked as the hatchling's head bounced against the ground.

The small blue hatchling rolled over and stood up, dazed, then stumbled off of Annria's wing and back to it's clutch of romping hatchlings. It was soon leaping around again with the rest of them, as if nothing had happened. Annria shook out her wing and gingerly folded it, noticing a twinge of pain where the hatchling's rock-hard head had hit and crumpled it. Mara shooed the hatchlings away and outside with the other mother, and asked Annria if she was okay.

"I should be fine. I have yet to see if any damage was done. Hopefully it will not impede my flight, though I was planning on staying with the clan anyway. Best have our eyes in two places for a meet as strenuous as this." Mara nodded in agreement and understanding, and Annria continued, "Plus, if anything happens to either Annelie or I, we can make it known to all dragons of our clan and flight." Tapping her head, Annria grinned at Mara, "Mindlink."

The crimson winged dragon shook her head in disbelief, "I still don't know how you two do that. It's weird! Though, yes. It is useful for times like these." Eyeing the hatchlings romping in the distance, Mara shifted uneasily and stroked the fine fur lining her tail, which ran from her head, down her back and tail, and ended in a warm-looking floof at the tip of her tail. "I'll be going to the meet with Annelie, then?" Seeing Annria nod, she knew that meant her mate would probably be going, as well. "I'll fetch Illarion, then." She dismissed herself and went off to find the white scaled male with crimson stripes, who would probably be examining rocks again.
(Yay for delayed flights! Ain't nothin' the airports can do about mother nature. At least it gives me more time to write.)

"Brangwen?" Annelie murmured thoughtfully. It's true he would be a valuable asset to the flight. His loyalty was unwavering, yet his cunning skills would be useful in determining the truthfulness of other clans. Best to have all bases covered, no matter what might happen. A certain amount of skepticism was always healthy. Trust was earned, not given. The other clan leaders certainly hadn't given the Capri leaders cause to trust them just yet. "Good, good. I shall see about bringing him with us. Now..." She hesitated, eyeing the field of flowers spread out in front of them. "Would you be able to find Rhoselarth for me? She will be hard to spot, but I am sure you will find her eventually." Gasping slightly as Annria sent a pained, startled feeling to the runed dragon in front of Valentine, Annelie composed herself and added, "She should be somewhere in the meadow. Perhaps growing more blue flowers with her magic. Once you find her, gather in the main chamber with the rest of the dragons. We shall depart soon."

Hopping up to the ledge above the pair, she remembered one more, very important thing to say. "Oh, and Valentine? Don't let Rhoselarth talk your ear off. She could make the whole day pass by with that mouth of hers. Find her, get her to the chamber." With that, she leaped up and away, back to the main chamber to start looking for Brangwen, the shifty black dragon.
~

Annria wandered from brood mother to brood mother, asking why each had added or refused to add their eggs to the pile. Some she convinced to join the safety in numbers, others she gained a deeper understanding of the pride and determination that a mother gained from raising her clutch herself. Each dragon in the clan was able to do what they pleased, as long as it didn't violate the area around the castle or harm another dragon within the clan. With a high level of freedom was expected a high level of trust, and most members accepted this fact.

Approaching a large crimson-winged female with deep red antlers pointing toward the heavens, Annria saw she was helping a mother herd her hatchlings into a group of other hatchlings. There were about 8 in total, with mothers usually taking turns supervising the rowdy group so they each had a chance to hunt and relax without babies bouncing off their scales every second of the day. "Mara," She began as she drew close to the regal ice scaled, crimson winged dragon, "Working hard or hardly working?" Grinning, she already knew the answer the large dragon would give.

"Hardly working, of course!" Mara replied in a crisp voice, sounding like the crunch of leaves as footfalls crushed their fragile frames against the ground. "Hatchlings are bundles of energy, so much stored energy being released all at once." She purred in her crackly voice, whipping her tail around to cut off the path of a hatchling that was bounding toward Annria, hoping to redirect it. The hatchling, however, leaped over Mara's tail and fluttered it's undeveloped wings in a vain attempt to fly. It realized its mistake as the trajectory of the leap caused it to fall into Annria's wing, which was slightly unfurled. Both dragons let out a small yelp as one's wing was pinned against the ground, and one's vision was obscured by a blindingly white wing then promptly bonked as the hatchling's head bounced against the ground.

The small blue hatchling rolled over and stood up, dazed, then stumbled off of Annria's wing and back to it's clutch of romping hatchlings. It was soon leaping around again with the rest of them, as if nothing had happened. Annria shook out her wing and gingerly folded it, noticing a twinge of pain where the hatchling's rock-hard head had hit and crumpled it. Mara shooed the hatchlings away and outside with the other mother, and asked Annria if she was okay.

"I should be fine. I have yet to see if any damage was done. Hopefully it will not impede my flight, though I was planning on staying with the clan anyway. Best have our eyes in two places for a meet as strenuous as this." Mara nodded in agreement and understanding, and Annria continued, "Plus, if anything happens to either Annelie or I, we can make it known to all dragons of our clan and flight." Tapping her head, Annria grinned at Mara, "Mindlink."

The crimson winged dragon shook her head in disbelief, "I still don't know how you two do that. It's weird! Though, yes. It is useful for times like these." Eyeing the hatchlings romping in the distance, Mara shifted uneasily and stroked the fine fur lining her tail, which ran from her head, down her back and tail, and ended in a warm-looking floof at the tip of her tail. "I'll be going to the meet with Annelie, then?" Seeing Annria nod, she knew that meant her mate would probably be going, as well. "I'll fetch Illarion, then." She dismissed herself and went off to find the white scaled male with crimson stripes, who would probably be examining rocks again.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
(Okay, this is mostly for my own sake, but I figured it would be good to get everyone's information in order now before there was too much to go through and I forget about things. A collection of characters so far, which clans they're in, their roles, and the person narrating them. Here goes:

Clan Lanis:
Leader - Khaldonius (bellancawings)
Leader's Mate - Alouette (bellancawings)
Lieutenant - Killian (bellancawings)
Scout - Orion (MalaikaKupanda)
Scout/Thief - Grendel (Mnementhmonic)

Clan Jovia:
Leader - As-of-yet-unnamed shadowy leader (LazyChimera)
General - Dusk (EmeraldDragon13)
Member - Rosencrantz (bellancawings)
Member - Blu (bellancawings)
Member - Thalassa (EmeraldDragon13)

Clan Capri:
Leaders - Annelie and Annria (EmeraldDragon13)
Member, Mate to Ilisera - Valentine (LazyChimera)
Member, Mate to Valentine - Ilisera (CalicoRadio)
Member, Mate to Illarion - Mara (EmeraldDragon13)
Member, Mate to Mara - Illarion (EmeraldDragon13)
Member - Rhoselarth (open)

Clan Navarian:
Leader - Rafore (MalaikaKupanda)
Member - Gullivan (open)

Wanderers:
DharSii (Manticore4)
Nico (Manticore4)
Karala (bellancawings)
Silas (EmeraldDragon13)
Guro (LazyChimera)
Mivri (Hydria)
Eris (CalicoRadio)

Nomad Caravan:
Leader - Sylf (a mighty mint-green dragon with crimson wings - open)
1st of 3 generals - Edgrick (land-bound iridescent purple with many scars adorning his body along with battered armor - open)
2nd general - Crowley (open)
3rd general - Xenon (open)
Member, male - Flint (open)
Members - Quartz and Dusk (land-bound pair - open)
Korinth (LazyChimera)

Please let me know if I forgot anyone! And for anyone looking to join in, there's still lots of room for more dragons. All dragons listed as "open" have been described or mentioned but not claimed by a player for narration. They are open to be played by anyone. :)

@LazyChimera I'll be responding to you soon as Dusk and then Silas.)
(Okay, this is mostly for my own sake, but I figured it would be good to get everyone's information in order now before there was too much to go through and I forget about things. A collection of characters so far, which clans they're in, their roles, and the person narrating them. Here goes:

Clan Lanis:
Leader - Khaldonius (bellancawings)
Leader's Mate - Alouette (bellancawings)
Lieutenant - Killian (bellancawings)
Scout - Orion (MalaikaKupanda)
Scout/Thief - Grendel (Mnementhmonic)

Clan Jovia:
Leader - As-of-yet-unnamed shadowy leader (LazyChimera)
General - Dusk (EmeraldDragon13)
Member - Rosencrantz (bellancawings)
Member - Blu (bellancawings)
Member - Thalassa (EmeraldDragon13)

Clan Capri:
Leaders - Annelie and Annria (EmeraldDragon13)
Member, Mate to Ilisera - Valentine (LazyChimera)
Member, Mate to Valentine - Ilisera (CalicoRadio)
Member, Mate to Illarion - Mara (EmeraldDragon13)
Member, Mate to Mara - Illarion (EmeraldDragon13)
Member - Rhoselarth (open)

Clan Navarian:
Leader - Rafore (MalaikaKupanda)
Member - Gullivan (open)

Wanderers:
DharSii (Manticore4)
Nico (Manticore4)
Karala (bellancawings)
Silas (EmeraldDragon13)
Guro (LazyChimera)
Mivri (Hydria)
Eris (CalicoRadio)

Nomad Caravan:
Leader - Sylf (a mighty mint-green dragon with crimson wings - open)
1st of 3 generals - Edgrick (land-bound iridescent purple with many scars adorning his body along with battered armor - open)
2nd general - Crowley (open)
3rd general - Xenon (open)
Member, male - Flint (open)
Members - Quartz and Dusk (land-bound pair - open)
Korinth (LazyChimera)

Please let me know if I forgot anyone! And for anyone looking to join in, there's still lots of room for more dragons. All dragons listed as "open" have been described or mentioned but not claimed by a player for narration. They are open to be played by anyone. :)

@LazyChimera I'll be responding to you soon as Dusk and then Silas.)
(@EmeraldDragon13 I'm introducing the leader for the Navarian clan now, his name is Rafore :3)

Nestled in the valley between two large hills, hidden by soaring oaks and maples, dragons milled around in preparation for the meeting. Among them, a large drake with scales the color of redwood, murmured his plans to several of his warriors as he passed the broodmothers.

His wings were draped in vines and colorful stone and clay charms carved by some of the broodmothers. He wore them with pride. The higher rank you were, the more charms you would wear. Some of his warriors wore some necklaces and bands with gems and stones on them.

"Be sure that at least two of our warriors are out with the broodmothers, just because it's a time of peace does not mean I trust the other clans." Rafore growled to his second in command, a blue-green, thin creature with a constant mischievous look in his eye. "Aye sir, have you notified which broodmothers will be going?" The small, thin dragon asked. "Gullivan, do not doubt me. For I do not doubt you. Please, choose two warriors to stay with the broodmothers." Rafore told him, never raising his voice, keeping his eyes steady. Rafore's lack of emotion always put Gullivan off, but he felt the need to obey anyway.

The large dragon greeted his several broodmothers and warriors, instructing several of them around. Which warriors would help which broodmother, which warriors would stay behind, and who would stay with Rafore. It was near chaos but the ever-calm drake remained just that, easily giving off orders.
(@EmeraldDragon13 I'm introducing the leader for the Navarian clan now, his name is Rafore :3)

Nestled in the valley between two large hills, hidden by soaring oaks and maples, dragons milled around in preparation for the meeting. Among them, a large drake with scales the color of redwood, murmured his plans to several of his warriors as he passed the broodmothers.

His wings were draped in vines and colorful stone and clay charms carved by some of the broodmothers. He wore them with pride. The higher rank you were, the more charms you would wear. Some of his warriors wore some necklaces and bands with gems and stones on them.

"Be sure that at least two of our warriors are out with the broodmothers, just because it's a time of peace does not mean I trust the other clans." Rafore growled to his second in command, a blue-green, thin creature with a constant mischievous look in his eye. "Aye sir, have you notified which broodmothers will be going?" The small, thin dragon asked. "Gullivan, do not doubt me. For I do not doubt you. Please, choose two warriors to stay with the broodmothers." Rafore told him, never raising his voice, keeping his eyes steady. Rafore's lack of emotion always put Gullivan off, but he felt the need to obey anyway.

The large dragon greeted his several broodmothers and warriors, instructing several of them around. Which warriors would help which broodmother, which warriors would stay behind, and who would stay with Rafore. It was near chaos but the ever-calm drake remained just that, easily giving off orders.
Valentine nodded when she repeated Bragwen’s name, by the look on her face he could tell that she liked the idea before saying so. Finding Rhoselarth would be had to do, but he could manage. Having a good sense for magic was always helpful, even if he was no good at such things himself. Hearing the pained gasp Valentine began to feel his anxiety come back. Before he could ask if she was alright she quickly kept to subject at hand as if nothing had happened. Valentine knew of their leader's mind link and hoped that Annria was alright, it’s not like her to get injured easily. Once Annelie started to depart he nuzzled Ilisera once more, “Alright my dear I shall be off soon, I hope you have a peaceful night along with the others.” Valentine said before his attentions were brought back to Annelie.

“Yes, post haste.” He said as he spread his wings and made his way towards the vast meadow of their territory. Being so small he knew he couldn’t find her in the air, quickly he dove into the meadow and started searching on foot. Rhoselarth honestly smelled just like the flowers she usually grew with her magic, making it even more difficult to find her, but Valentine could feel her magic in the air, he was blessed to have such an abilitly. “Rhoselarth!” Valentine called out, “It is almost time for the meeting at the sky tree. Annelie and Annria have summoned you, and a few others as well, myself included.” Not hiding his presence he had hopped Rhoselarth would come to him, however it was never that easy.

Blue flowers began to sprout as his feet and started to grow in a line, a path to lead him. Valentine sighed as he began to follow the blooming flowers. He wasn’t surprised by her actions, he only wished she would make things easier for him. At the end of the path he was lead into a groove, completely covered in blue flowers. It was breathtaking, however he didn’t have long to taken in the sight. Rhoselarth had jumped out before him, giving Valentine a good scare.

@EmeraldDragon13 Sorry I took so long to reply and I can continue playing Rhoselarth, but I’ll leave it slightly open ended incase anyone else wants to play her.
Valentine nodded when she repeated Bragwen’s name, by the look on her face he could tell that she liked the idea before saying so. Finding Rhoselarth would be had to do, but he could manage. Having a good sense for magic was always helpful, even if he was no good at such things himself. Hearing the pained gasp Valentine began to feel his anxiety come back. Before he could ask if she was alright she quickly kept to subject at hand as if nothing had happened. Valentine knew of their leader's mind link and hoped that Annria was alright, it’s not like her to get injured easily. Once Annelie started to depart he nuzzled Ilisera once more, “Alright my dear I shall be off soon, I hope you have a peaceful night along with the others.” Valentine said before his attentions were brought back to Annelie.

“Yes, post haste.” He said as he spread his wings and made his way towards the vast meadow of their territory. Being so small he knew he couldn’t find her in the air, quickly he dove into the meadow and started searching on foot. Rhoselarth honestly smelled just like the flowers she usually grew with her magic, making it even more difficult to find her, but Valentine could feel her magic in the air, he was blessed to have such an abilitly. “Rhoselarth!” Valentine called out, “It is almost time for the meeting at the sky tree. Annelie and Annria have summoned you, and a few others as well, myself included.” Not hiding his presence he had hopped Rhoselarth would come to him, however it was never that easy.

Blue flowers began to sprout as his feet and started to grow in a line, a path to lead him. Valentine sighed as he began to follow the blooming flowers. He wasn’t surprised by her actions, he only wished she would make things easier for him. At the end of the path he was lead into a groove, completely covered in blue flowers. It was breathtaking, however he didn’t have long to taken in the sight. Rhoselarth had jumped out before him, giving Valentine a good scare.

@EmeraldDragon13 Sorry I took so long to reply and I can continue playing Rhoselarth, but I’ll leave it slightly open ended incase anyone else wants to play her.
(Time for a much-delayed reply. This is a long one, I'll do my best to get everyone. xD Hope you all enjoy this.)

"It's time."
"My lord?"
"To your nest, Alouette. My wing and I leave now. Grendel and Orion will have our flank. Tonight, you nest with a king."

- - -

The tangle of flesh and scale disappeared suddenly as Blu's enormous body arranged itself, and the green dragon suddenly found himself staring into the eyes of his sizeable opponent, pinned between giant foreclaws planted to the dirt on either side. With a growl of amusement, Blu lifted one paw and placed the tip of a talon on the smaller dragon's chest. "Dead." Laughing, the gold pulled away. His tail was lashing as playfully as a cat's.

"Blu!" The gold looked around at his name and saw Rosencrantz. With a good-natured nod to his sparring partner, he left to join the others. The sun had sunk to the edge of the horizon by now. "Are we leaving?" he asked aloud, his deep voice purring with the aftermath of the fight. His eyes lit on Thalassa, and a pleased smile stole over his face. "You look dangerous."

Rosencrantz shifted from paw to paw with an impatience rivaling the dragonflies zipping around in the last of the evening warmth. "Of course we are! Bah... And might I add you look exactly the same as always? Do you ever bring anything to a fi - er, um, gathering?" Agitated, the tiger avoided eye contact with either Dusk or Thalassa. Blu chuckled, but his gaze had already moved beyond, to where Dusk - who looked rather unaware of Rozencrantz's slip - was speaking to an unfamiliar figure. "Well, that's different," he said thoughtfully. "I don't think I've ever seen the clan leader in the training ground before."

"The - the what?" Rosencrantz made to turn around and look, but Blu reached out calmly and seized the horn growing prominently from the younger male's snout. "I wouldn't do that," he said gently. "He's quiet, you know. I imagine he prefers not being identified to a crowd." The tiger's face burned with indignation, but he didn't look after Blu released him. "What, then?" he said instead, his voice sullen. "Do we just ignore him the whole flight?"

"Yes," Blu replied frankly. Lifting his head, he called out, "Dusk? Is it time?"

- - -

Karala smiled, unperturbed by the sheer volume of questions contained in the bundle at her feet. "I am called Karala, younging," she replied kindly. "I was searching for a thief when... well, it's an awfully long story. My nest is a few day's flight from here, high on a cliff. Perhaps not unlike your mother's own."

Hearing DharSii's pronouncement, the great brown tried to look over her shoulder with difficulty. There was a distinct groaning of wood. "Oh, blast it..." she muttered, then called out, "If you could just move away, there, I'll fix it... Do mind you aren't too close, now." Glancing at the little one in front of her, Karala leaned forward and carefully sheltered the hatchling with her forelegs. Then, with a resounding crunch, she yanked one hindleg free and kicked out, shattering the trunk of an aged oak in an explosion of wood and leaves.

Wriggling free of the remains, Karala pushed off of the ground and outstretched her huge feathered wings, beating down fiercely in a great gust of wind. Her body uncoiled from the forest like a gigantic snake, gracefully lighting down in a partial clearing to their left that was mercifully free of any close-growing oaks. "Oh, that is marvelously better. Thank you for helping, even if it was only for a moment. I can't tell you what good it does just to see another creature in these woods." Folding her wings, Karala saw down, noticing for the first time how dark it was getting. "Say, whatever are you two doing out here? Are you part of a clan?"

- - -

The Lanis clan watched with rumbling pride as Khaldonius, his great white body stained red with the final rays of the sun, snaked up the canyon to the familiar promontory. Around him were the seven fighters he had chosen as well as Killian, his clinking harness suddenly glittering with dozens of sharpened edges. The leader paused briefly to survey his nation.

Then he reared back on his hind legs, wings fully flared, and roared. One after another, Khaldonius' dragons roared back at him, and on the tide of sound he took off, soaring over them in a wide circle with his warriors before they slid into a proper formation angled straight for the Sky Tree. Its distant crown broke the flat line of the horizon, and above it rose the moon in all her palefaced glory.

It was time.
(Time for a much-delayed reply. This is a long one, I'll do my best to get everyone. xD Hope you all enjoy this.)

"It's time."
"My lord?"
"To your nest, Alouette. My wing and I leave now. Grendel and Orion will have our flank. Tonight, you nest with a king."

- - -

The tangle of flesh and scale disappeared suddenly as Blu's enormous body arranged itself, and the green dragon suddenly found himself staring into the eyes of his sizeable opponent, pinned between giant foreclaws planted to the dirt on either side. With a growl of amusement, Blu lifted one paw and placed the tip of a talon on the smaller dragon's chest. "Dead." Laughing, the gold pulled away. His tail was lashing as playfully as a cat's.

"Blu!" The gold looked around at his name and saw Rosencrantz. With a good-natured nod to his sparring partner, he left to join the others. The sun had sunk to the edge of the horizon by now. "Are we leaving?" he asked aloud, his deep voice purring with the aftermath of the fight. His eyes lit on Thalassa, and a pleased smile stole over his face. "You look dangerous."

Rosencrantz shifted from paw to paw with an impatience rivaling the dragonflies zipping around in the last of the evening warmth. "Of course we are! Bah... And might I add you look exactly the same as always? Do you ever bring anything to a fi - er, um, gathering?" Agitated, the tiger avoided eye contact with either Dusk or Thalassa. Blu chuckled, but his gaze had already moved beyond, to where Dusk - who looked rather unaware of Rozencrantz's slip - was speaking to an unfamiliar figure. "Well, that's different," he said thoughtfully. "I don't think I've ever seen the clan leader in the training ground before."

"The - the what?" Rosencrantz made to turn around and look, but Blu reached out calmly and seized the horn growing prominently from the younger male's snout. "I wouldn't do that," he said gently. "He's quiet, you know. I imagine he prefers not being identified to a crowd." The tiger's face burned with indignation, but he didn't look after Blu released him. "What, then?" he said instead, his voice sullen. "Do we just ignore him the whole flight?"

"Yes," Blu replied frankly. Lifting his head, he called out, "Dusk? Is it time?"

- - -

Karala smiled, unperturbed by the sheer volume of questions contained in the bundle at her feet. "I am called Karala, younging," she replied kindly. "I was searching for a thief when... well, it's an awfully long story. My nest is a few day's flight from here, high on a cliff. Perhaps not unlike your mother's own."

Hearing DharSii's pronouncement, the great brown tried to look over her shoulder with difficulty. There was a distinct groaning of wood. "Oh, blast it..." she muttered, then called out, "If you could just move away, there, I'll fix it... Do mind you aren't too close, now." Glancing at the little one in front of her, Karala leaned forward and carefully sheltered the hatchling with her forelegs. Then, with a resounding crunch, she yanked one hindleg free and kicked out, shattering the trunk of an aged oak in an explosion of wood and leaves.

Wriggling free of the remains, Karala pushed off of the ground and outstretched her huge feathered wings, beating down fiercely in a great gust of wind. Her body uncoiled from the forest like a gigantic snake, gracefully lighting down in a partial clearing to their left that was mercifully free of any close-growing oaks. "Oh, that is marvelously better. Thank you for helping, even if it was only for a moment. I can't tell you what good it does just to see another creature in these woods." Folding her wings, Karala saw down, noticing for the first time how dark it was getting. "Say, whatever are you two doing out here? Are you part of a clan?"

- - -

The Lanis clan watched with rumbling pride as Khaldonius, his great white body stained red with the final rays of the sun, snaked up the canyon to the familiar promontory. Around him were the seven fighters he had chosen as well as Killian, his clinking harness suddenly glittering with dozens of sharpened edges. The leader paused briefly to survey his nation.

Then he reared back on his hind legs, wings fully flared, and roared. One after another, Khaldonius' dragons roared back at him, and on the tide of sound he took off, soaring over them in a wide circle with his warriors before they slid into a proper formation angled straight for the Sky Tree. Its distant crown broke the flat line of the horizon, and above it rose the moon in all her palefaced glory.

It was time.
Pleased with Blu's compliment, Thalassa shifted her wings around and made the birdskull ornaments rustle and clink against one another. She nodded at the large gold dragon, having been amused by his fight with the little green one, and stole curious glances at the cloaked dragon. She had also never seen the clan leader before, but had heard rumors of his terrifying powers and supernatural abilities. He was the reason their clan was so powerful, and no one knew how old the mysterious dragon was. Some claimed he'd been around since before time itself, though Thalassa thought that to be exaggeration thought up by brood mothers with way too many questions from hatchlings. Still, stories or no, the leader exhibited an extraordinary presence, and she was thrilled at the fact that he would be flying with them. Surely nothing could go wrong with a legendary dragon in the lead.

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Thalassa steeled herself for the flight ahead, and the dragons they would be meeting. She would do her best to represent her clan and prove to Dusk that she was a worthy clan member.
~~~

Dusk bowed low to the shadowy leader, quietly nodding and affirming his questions. At the mention of the other flight members, Dusk murmured respectfully, "Yes, my lord. These are the dragons I have selected to join us for the clan meet. All are capable warriors, and will follow orders with excellence. Even..." He swished his tail in annoyance, "Even the female, Thalassa."

Seeing that Blu had finished his short spar, and that all five of the flight were ready, Dusk raised his clawed forepaw to his chest and gripped the large scales there in a respectful salute. He arched his neck so his head was facing the ground at his feet. "The flight is ready, your excellence, and we shall depart on your command. I am ready to rally the warriors in your name."
~~~

Nervously munching on a leg of the deer, Silas replied to the old warrior beside him, "The lady Guro, whom I met in the woods and had a lovely time hunting with. I don't seem to see her anywhere. Perhaps she went off again to be alone for a bit. Perhaps.." He grinned at the thought, voice dropping into a dramatic tone one would use when they're reaching the climax of the story, "Perhaps she was only a figment of my imagination the entire time." Chuckling at the idea, he took another nibble.

"Ah, well. Whatever happens, we'll be prepared for it. Right, old Ko?" He hoped that Korinth was alright with him using his nickname again, as the old dragon usually let only close friends call him that. Though it had been a long time since they'd seen each other, that's the name Silas used to use when referring to the rusty old warrior. They had been close, but time had a funny way of changing things on their own. His experiment with the name was Silas's way of seeing how the old warrior thought of him still: A friend, or an old acquaintance?
~~~

Returning to the main chamber, Annelie was pleased to see Mara returning with her mate, Illarion. The crystal-white male sported dark red blood-colored stripes on his haunches and wings, which were also a deep crystal ruby red color. Mara was similarly colored, though her ice blue hide contrasted with her crimson wings in a more striking way. They were a stunning duo, and their offspring exhibited the same affinities for magic that their parents did. In fact, Annelie could see one of their offspring romping around with the other hatchlings on one side of the chamber.

As she watched, the small one leaped into the air and created a burst of ice crystals and snowflakes which gently drifted down into the mob of excited hatchlings milling below, leaping up to snatch the magic snow before it hit the ground. Annelie chuckled as she watched, excited to see what the little one would be able to do once fully grown.

"Hello Annelie!" Mara waltzed over, followed by Illarion. "I'm all ready for the flight, and so is Illarion. I managed to drag him away from his rocks for the time being, though we should be quick about getting going if we want to keep him dragged away from them." She playfully nuzzled the crystal-white dragon who had noticed a black shard on the ground and was examining it closely. He smiled endearingly at his mate and the two had a moment before Annelie prompted them to pay attention.

"It is a very serious matter we shall be discussing, you know." Annelie gazed at the two, and their ears perked toward her, giving the white leader their full attention. "The eggs of many nests have been stolen recently, and the clan leaders need to discuss what shall be done about the attacks. This much we know." Nodding solemnly, the two parents who had raised many children understood the significance of stealing unhatched dragons. They had the luxury of being able to raise each hatchling, but understood the pain of having that baby snatched away. Annelie's gaze softened as she saw their unspoken understanding, and moved on to her next goal. "Now, Valentine has suggested we bring Brangwen, and I believe it is a good idea. I just have to find the shadowy one."

Pondering for a moment, Mara piped up, "I think I saw him just outside the main cavern, heading to the library. I saw him only just before you and Annria arrived." Thanking the crimson-winged couple, Annelie moved off in that direction, determined to get the flight together and leave for the meet soon.

(@bellancawings I'm happy to read your posts again! :D I enjoy your writing style. I can feel the amping up to the moment when we all meet at the Sky Tree.)

(Edit: @LazyChimera @CalicoRadio I'm really getting bad at this tagging thing. Let me know if you'd like to continue being tagged, or have subscribed to the thread and don't want to be tagged. Lots to keep track of, and communication helps.)
Pleased with Blu's compliment, Thalassa shifted her wings around and made the birdskull ornaments rustle and clink against one another. She nodded at the large gold dragon, having been amused by his fight with the little green one, and stole curious glances at the cloaked dragon. She had also never seen the clan leader before, but had heard rumors of his terrifying powers and supernatural abilities. He was the reason their clan was so powerful, and no one knew how old the mysterious dragon was. Some claimed he'd been around since before time itself, though Thalassa thought that to be exaggeration thought up by brood mothers with way too many questions from hatchlings. Still, stories or no, the leader exhibited an extraordinary presence, and she was thrilled at the fact that he would be flying with them. Surely nothing could go wrong with a legendary dragon in the lead.

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Thalassa steeled herself for the flight ahead, and the dragons they would be meeting. She would do her best to represent her clan and prove to Dusk that she was a worthy clan member.
~~~

Dusk bowed low to the shadowy leader, quietly nodding and affirming his questions. At the mention of the other flight members, Dusk murmured respectfully, "Yes, my lord. These are the dragons I have selected to join us for the clan meet. All are capable warriors, and will follow orders with excellence. Even..." He swished his tail in annoyance, "Even the female, Thalassa."

Seeing that Blu had finished his short spar, and that all five of the flight were ready, Dusk raised his clawed forepaw to his chest and gripped the large scales there in a respectful salute. He arched his neck so his head was facing the ground at his feet. "The flight is ready, your excellence, and we shall depart on your command. I am ready to rally the warriors in your name."
~~~

Nervously munching on a leg of the deer, Silas replied to the old warrior beside him, "The lady Guro, whom I met in the woods and had a lovely time hunting with. I don't seem to see her anywhere. Perhaps she went off again to be alone for a bit. Perhaps.." He grinned at the thought, voice dropping into a dramatic tone one would use when they're reaching the climax of the story, "Perhaps she was only a figment of my imagination the entire time." Chuckling at the idea, he took another nibble.

"Ah, well. Whatever happens, we'll be prepared for it. Right, old Ko?" He hoped that Korinth was alright with him using his nickname again, as the old dragon usually let only close friends call him that. Though it had been a long time since they'd seen each other, that's the name Silas used to use when referring to the rusty old warrior. They had been close, but time had a funny way of changing things on their own. His experiment with the name was Silas's way of seeing how the old warrior thought of him still: A friend, or an old acquaintance?
~~~

Returning to the main chamber, Annelie was pleased to see Mara returning with her mate, Illarion. The crystal-white male sported dark red blood-colored stripes on his haunches and wings, which were also a deep crystal ruby red color. Mara was similarly colored, though her ice blue hide contrasted with her crimson wings in a more striking way. They were a stunning duo, and their offspring exhibited the same affinities for magic that their parents did. In fact, Annelie could see one of their offspring romping around with the other hatchlings on one side of the chamber.

As she watched, the small one leaped into the air and created a burst of ice crystals and snowflakes which gently drifted down into the mob of excited hatchlings milling below, leaping up to snatch the magic snow before it hit the ground. Annelie chuckled as she watched, excited to see what the little one would be able to do once fully grown.

"Hello Annelie!" Mara waltzed over, followed by Illarion. "I'm all ready for the flight, and so is Illarion. I managed to drag him away from his rocks for the time being, though we should be quick about getting going if we want to keep him dragged away from them." She playfully nuzzled the crystal-white dragon who had noticed a black shard on the ground and was examining it closely. He smiled endearingly at his mate and the two had a moment before Annelie prompted them to pay attention.

"It is a very serious matter we shall be discussing, you know." Annelie gazed at the two, and their ears perked toward her, giving the white leader their full attention. "The eggs of many nests have been stolen recently, and the clan leaders need to discuss what shall be done about the attacks. This much we know." Nodding solemnly, the two parents who had raised many children understood the significance of stealing unhatched dragons. They had the luxury of being able to raise each hatchling, but understood the pain of having that baby snatched away. Annelie's gaze softened as she saw their unspoken understanding, and moved on to her next goal. "Now, Valentine has suggested we bring Brangwen, and I believe it is a good idea. I just have to find the shadowy one."

Pondering for a moment, Mara piped up, "I think I saw him just outside the main cavern, heading to the library. I saw him only just before you and Annria arrived." Thanking the crimson-winged couple, Annelie moved off in that direction, determined to get the flight together and leave for the meet soon.

(@bellancawings I'm happy to read your posts again! :D I enjoy your writing style. I can feel the amping up to the moment when we all meet at the Sky Tree.)

(Edit: @LazyChimera @CalicoRadio I'm really getting bad at this tagging thing. Let me know if you'd like to continue being tagged, or have subscribed to the thread and don't want to be tagged. Lots to keep track of, and communication helps.)
(May I join?)
(May I join?)
Excuse me, I was wondering if I could join your roleplay :)?
Excuse me, I was wondering if I could join your roleplay :)?
(If so here is my dragon and OC information
Name: Starcloak
Breed: Pearlcatcher
Picture: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=291679&did=29657700
Well, There It Is!)
(If so here is my dragon and OC information
Name: Starcloak
Breed: Pearlcatcher
Picture: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=291679&did=29657700
Well, There It Is!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16