Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
@bellancawings

Taking one look at the dragon DharSii snorted. How she had managed to get herself stuck would most likely remain a mystery to him. Females. He heard the nightmare give an excited squeak as he bounced over, in that strange imitation of a rabbit he was so fond of, and promptly began to ask the female anything that came to mind. Better her than him in his own opinion. He let out an annoyed sigh, and went behind her to see what the problem was. "It seems..." he drawled dryly and thoroughly unimpressed, "you have managed to get your hind quarters thoroughly stuck between the trees."

Nico was happy, this dragon lady seemed nice to Nico. Nico bet she knew all kinds of things to. Sii never really talked much. It would be nice to talk to someone new. Not that Nico didn't like talking to Sii cause Sii was the bestest dragon ever, but sometimes Sii could be a little teensy tiny bit boring. So Nico ran (Hopped) Over closer to the dragon lady and began to rattle off question after question. "What's your name, why are you here, what kind of dragon are you, whereareyoufromareyoufromfarawyIdon'tknowwheri'mfromwhat'sitlikewhereyourfrom.............?"
@bellancawings

Taking one look at the dragon DharSii snorted. How she had managed to get herself stuck would most likely remain a mystery to him. Females. He heard the nightmare give an excited squeak as he bounced over, in that strange imitation of a rabbit he was so fond of, and promptly began to ask the female anything that came to mind. Better her than him in his own opinion. He let out an annoyed sigh, and went behind her to see what the problem was. "It seems..." he drawled dryly and thoroughly unimpressed, "you have managed to get your hind quarters thoroughly stuck between the trees."

Nico was happy, this dragon lady seemed nice to Nico. Nico bet she knew all kinds of things to. Sii never really talked much. It would be nice to talk to someone new. Not that Nico didn't like talking to Sii cause Sii was the bestest dragon ever, but sometimes Sii could be a little teensy tiny bit boring. So Nico ran (Hopped) Over closer to the dragon lady and began to rattle off question after question. "What's your name, why are you here, what kind of dragon are you, whereareyoufromareyoufromfarawyIdon'tknowwheri'mfromwhat'sitlikewhereyourfrom.............?"
(I just have to say, you guys are AWESOME. I'm doing a lot of travelling right now - actually in a layover for only another ten minutes - but I'll try and get some solid replies out to you by tonight. Also, @EmeraldDragon13, way to dive in there, you actually made me laugh in public, haha.)
(I just have to say, you guys are AWESOME. I'm doing a lot of travelling right now - actually in a layover for only another ten minutes - but I'll try and get some solid replies out to you by tonight. Also, @EmeraldDragon13, way to dive in there, you actually made me laugh in public, haha.)
Guro smiled, seeing that he also succeeded in taking down the deer, “Well looks like dinner is serve, good hunting!” she said happily, knowing that her plan was a success. She was about to chow down until she heard the flapping of dragons wings. Looking up she saw a mighty mint-green dragon fly above with crimson wings, followed by some other dragons.

She recognized them from the caravan she was traveling with. It took her a minute to remember that while she was traveling with the caravan they talked about some meeting, and who would the clan’s leader take with them. She didn’t catch what the meet was about or why is was being held, then again she didn’t actually care. It wasn’t really any of her business to know anyway.

After they had flew past she dug into the buck with her claws, ripping out chunks of meat from her kill. Warm delicious meat dripping with blood. It really could have gone better than this. After a couple more bites she began to think what to do next, maybe she should travel with Silas for awhile since they seemed to make a good hunting duo or stay with the caravan a while longer. She doubt that Silas would travel with the caravan anyways, but it would be rude not to ask if he wanted to come. There always was safety in numbers.

With a gulp she turned to Silas who was still gorging on his kill, “Say, Silas?” she asked politely, oddly enough. “Would you like to come with me, back to the dragons I’m currently traveling with? It is getting late and they are rather friendly so they would allow you to stay with them if you so desired.” she stopped to take another bite of her meal, swallowing before continuing. “They won’t steal out kills from us either so if you want to save the deer for later you won’t have to worry, I’m only offering since you helped me out.” Guro was now facing Silas, “After all it’s safer to be in a group during the night.”

Now that she said what she had to she began digging back into the dear with vigor, she was still very hungry, only giving out the invitation out of politeness. He would probably say no anyways, she thought to herself. By the time Guro was full all the meat in the buck’s neck and belly were gone, along with some of it’s organs. She glanced at the carcass, there was some stuff left in it but it wasn’t worth keeping for later, still she was sure the caravan would appreciate it if she brought it back with her. She could have sworn one of the larger males of the clan adorned himself with bones.

“I should probably go back, I know some of those dragons at the caravan would worry about be despite being an outsider.” she said with a grunt, picking up emptied out corpse. “Like I said before the option is open.” she said before walking away to head back towards the caravan, or the way she thought the caravan was anyways.

(@EmeraldDragon13 I could probably fill the roll of Jovia's shadowy leader, that is if nobody else wants to fill that role since I just put Valentine into the rp I don't want to take more positions/slots if others want them. @bellancawings thanks for letting us know and happy travels!)
Guro smiled, seeing that he also succeeded in taking down the deer, “Well looks like dinner is serve, good hunting!” she said happily, knowing that her plan was a success. She was about to chow down until she heard the flapping of dragons wings. Looking up she saw a mighty mint-green dragon fly above with crimson wings, followed by some other dragons.

She recognized them from the caravan she was traveling with. It took her a minute to remember that while she was traveling with the caravan they talked about some meeting, and who would the clan’s leader take with them. She didn’t catch what the meet was about or why is was being held, then again she didn’t actually care. It wasn’t really any of her business to know anyway.

After they had flew past she dug into the buck with her claws, ripping out chunks of meat from her kill. Warm delicious meat dripping with blood. It really could have gone better than this. After a couple more bites she began to think what to do next, maybe she should travel with Silas for awhile since they seemed to make a good hunting duo or stay with the caravan a while longer. She doubt that Silas would travel with the caravan anyways, but it would be rude not to ask if he wanted to come. There always was safety in numbers.

With a gulp she turned to Silas who was still gorging on his kill, “Say, Silas?” she asked politely, oddly enough. “Would you like to come with me, back to the dragons I’m currently traveling with? It is getting late and they are rather friendly so they would allow you to stay with them if you so desired.” she stopped to take another bite of her meal, swallowing before continuing. “They won’t steal out kills from us either so if you want to save the deer for later you won’t have to worry, I’m only offering since you helped me out.” Guro was now facing Silas, “After all it’s safer to be in a group during the night.”

Now that she said what she had to she began digging back into the dear with vigor, she was still very hungry, only giving out the invitation out of politeness. He would probably say no anyways, she thought to herself. By the time Guro was full all the meat in the buck’s neck and belly were gone, along with some of it’s organs. She glanced at the carcass, there was some stuff left in it but it wasn’t worth keeping for later, still she was sure the caravan would appreciate it if she brought it back with her. She could have sworn one of the larger males of the clan adorned himself with bones.

“I should probably go back, I know some of those dragons at the caravan would worry about be despite being an outsider.” she said with a grunt, picking up emptied out corpse. “Like I said before the option is open.” she said before walking away to head back towards the caravan, or the way she thought the caravan was anyways.

(@EmeraldDragon13 I could probably fill the roll of Jovia's shadowy leader, that is if nobody else wants to fill that role since I just put Valentine into the rp I don't want to take more positions/slots if others want them. @bellancawings thanks for letting us know and happy travels!)
Munching on his meet with a contented sigh, Silas noticed the dragons flying overhead. Seems there was some action going on, and that interested him. He mumbled incoherently in-between bites while he mulled over Guro's offer.

"Mmm" She did say they were nice dragons, in the caravan. "Mrmf" And that way he wouldn't be bursting at the belly having to eat the whole deer. "Hrumm." He wondered if they had any hatchlings with them, Silas loved playing with hatchlings. Such curious, fascinated little things. "Murfumm" Maybe he'd just introduce himself, see who was there, maybe he knew someone! And then take off. Yes, that seemed like a solid course of action. Gulping down a mouthful of organs, he licked the blood off of his chops and made out a coherent sentence. "Hmm. I guess I'll keep on following you for the second time today. Can't leave a lady in the woods alone after seeing her take down prey in such a spectacular way." He unwound himself from the half-eaten carcass and got to his feet. Placing the legs together, he wound his tail around them and picked up the doe's body like a delicate gift basket. Examining it to make sure it was secure and not dripping blood from the puncture wounds in the hide, he nodded to himself and picked up his feet, jaunting after the piebald dragon through the woods, to whoever they might find at the caravan.

"Say, do you know those dragons who flew overhead just a bit ago? I wonder where they're going... Hopefully they aren't the folks stealing eggs, or I'll have to have a word or two with them." He cheerfully kept up conversation as they walked along, his gift basket of deer swinging securely from his curled-up tail.

(@bellancawings Fly safe! I'm glad my story could bring a smile to your face, I hope I can bring many more! :) @LazyChimera If you'd like to play the Jovia leader, feel free! You don't have to if you don't want to, of course, they can be introduced later if you don't want to overload on characters.)
Munching on his meet with a contented sigh, Silas noticed the dragons flying overhead. Seems there was some action going on, and that interested him. He mumbled incoherently in-between bites while he mulled over Guro's offer.

"Mmm" She did say they were nice dragons, in the caravan. "Mrmf" And that way he wouldn't be bursting at the belly having to eat the whole deer. "Hrumm." He wondered if they had any hatchlings with them, Silas loved playing with hatchlings. Such curious, fascinated little things. "Murfumm" Maybe he'd just introduce himself, see who was there, maybe he knew someone! And then take off. Yes, that seemed like a solid course of action. Gulping down a mouthful of organs, he licked the blood off of his chops and made out a coherent sentence. "Hmm. I guess I'll keep on following you for the second time today. Can't leave a lady in the woods alone after seeing her take down prey in such a spectacular way." He unwound himself from the half-eaten carcass and got to his feet. Placing the legs together, he wound his tail around them and picked up the doe's body like a delicate gift basket. Examining it to make sure it was secure and not dripping blood from the puncture wounds in the hide, he nodded to himself and picked up his feet, jaunting after the piebald dragon through the woods, to whoever they might find at the caravan.

"Say, do you know those dragons who flew overhead just a bit ago? I wonder where they're going... Hopefully they aren't the folks stealing eggs, or I'll have to have a word or two with them." He cheerfully kept up conversation as they walked along, his gift basket of deer swinging securely from his curled-up tail.

(@bellancawings Fly safe! I'm glad my story could bring a smile to your face, I hope I can bring many more! :) @LazyChimera If you'd like to play the Jovia leader, feel free! You don't have to if you don't want to, of course, they can be introduced later if you don't want to overload on characters.)
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
@MalaikaKupanda

The metal’s reaction was not what Grendel expected: Orion considered the news carefully while licking his teeth, but his scarred face made it hard to read his expression. His voice was aloof, absent of his usual bravado. It made Grendel nervous. Even a derisive sneer would be more welcome than this unreadable response. Was he tired? Distracted? Suspicious? His choice of words gave no better clue about his true thoughts, so the reluctant leader outlined his plan as asked.

“My intent, if it suits you, is to release a swarm of nestbane mites among the nests closest to the Sky Tree. Naturally, the broodmothers will rush to exterminate them, and the outermost nests will be left unguarded, ripe for your troop to take.”

Nestbane mites were the greatest fear of broodmothers, perhaps the only thing capable of separating one from her nest with only the slightest hesitation. Insects the size of dust motes would crawl over an egg, burrowing into their shells and laying their own tiny eggs just under the surface. There, they would feast on the fluids that sustained the unborn dragons and eventually kill them, then burst free and swarm out in search of other eggs. They were impossible to detect once inside an egg and resistant to most breath attacks. Only specially prepared concoctions could exterminate them effectively. They had to be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly or they could wipe out a clan’s nests for an entire season.

In short, Grendel’s plan was insanity. If it went wrong, every clan would suffer huge losses. If he was caught spreading the mites, he would be ripped apart and incinerated. He almost expected Orion to attempt the same, despite their common goal and the questionable tactics they shared. He drummed his fingers nervously and braced himself for a violent response from the drake.
@MalaikaKupanda

The metal’s reaction was not what Grendel expected: Orion considered the news carefully while licking his teeth, but his scarred face made it hard to read his expression. His voice was aloof, absent of his usual bravado. It made Grendel nervous. Even a derisive sneer would be more welcome than this unreadable response. Was he tired? Distracted? Suspicious? His choice of words gave no better clue about his true thoughts, so the reluctant leader outlined his plan as asked.

“My intent, if it suits you, is to release a swarm of nestbane mites among the nests closest to the Sky Tree. Naturally, the broodmothers will rush to exterminate them, and the outermost nests will be left unguarded, ripe for your troop to take.”

Nestbane mites were the greatest fear of broodmothers, perhaps the only thing capable of separating one from her nest with only the slightest hesitation. Insects the size of dust motes would crawl over an egg, burrowing into their shells and laying their own tiny eggs just under the surface. There, they would feast on the fluids that sustained the unborn dragons and eventually kill them, then burst free and swarm out in search of other eggs. They were impossible to detect once inside an egg and resistant to most breath attacks. Only specially prepared concoctions could exterminate them effectively. They had to be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly or they could wipe out a clan’s nests for an entire season.

In short, Grendel’s plan was insanity. If it went wrong, every clan would suffer huge losses. If he was caught spreading the mites, he would be ripped apart and incinerated. He almost expected Orion to attempt the same, despite their common goal and the questionable tactics they shared. He drummed his fingers nervously and braced himself for a violent response from the drake.
OVI5Wp2.gif
( @Mnementhmonic )

Orion shifted his weight back and forth, trying to be discreet. Admittedly, he was excited for the chance to enact a full-on siege on the other clans. His tongue flicked among his broken teeth as he broke out into a smile. He had to give Grendel credit, sending in Nestbanes was a fantastic idea. However, as soon as a broodmother found one, they'd raise up an alarm. Did he know that?

"As soon as the broodmothers find the Nestbanes they'll raise up an alarm. Most likely, several dragons will leave the meeting to find the source." His ears twitched as he imagined getting into a fight with one of the strongest males in any clan. His aged body wouldn't be able to take it. The only way he'd survive is if he was faster. "Not only that, but if we pick up eggs that have been invaded by the Nestbanes, our entire clutch will be wiped out,"

The more he thought the more faults came up in Grendel's plan. "And, how do you expect to collect and carry several hundred Nestbanes by tonight?" His excited grin had faded into a calculating expression by then.

"Oh, but I'm sure you've already taken these into calculation," He couldn't help the sneer that came out. His excitement had turned back into bitter annoyance. "Do tell."
( @Mnementhmonic )

Orion shifted his weight back and forth, trying to be discreet. Admittedly, he was excited for the chance to enact a full-on siege on the other clans. His tongue flicked among his broken teeth as he broke out into a smile. He had to give Grendel credit, sending in Nestbanes was a fantastic idea. However, as soon as a broodmother found one, they'd raise up an alarm. Did he know that?

"As soon as the broodmothers find the Nestbanes they'll raise up an alarm. Most likely, several dragons will leave the meeting to find the source." His ears twitched as he imagined getting into a fight with one of the strongest males in any clan. His aged body wouldn't be able to take it. The only way he'd survive is if he was faster. "Not only that, but if we pick up eggs that have been invaded by the Nestbanes, our entire clutch will be wiped out,"

The more he thought the more faults came up in Grendel's plan. "And, how do you expect to collect and carry several hundred Nestbanes by tonight?" His excited grin had faded into a calculating expression by then.

"Oh, but I'm sure you've already taken these into calculation," He couldn't help the sneer that came out. His excitement had turned back into bitter annoyance. "Do tell."
She chuckled at the compliment, Guro couldn’t have done it without him making the deer run towards her. “Those dragons are from the caravan, actually. One of them was the clan leader, so no need to fret,” she said in a calm voice. Now that she saw the direction they came from, she knew that she was heading the right way.

A few more minutes, and they made it back to the caravan. It wasn’t hard to find since she could hear the chatter amongst the brush. She made note of who was missing. Besides the huge clan leader, the dragon known as Flint was also gone, as well as 3 other male dragons, including the clan leader’s mate.

“Hello everyone…” she greeted. When half the caravans eyes turned to her, she wasn’t surprised. They had been jumpy when it came to anyone coming to them after dusk. Some dragons were happy to see her, others went back to their chatter as if uninterrupted, others visibly tensed seeing Guro had brought a new face along. “Oh, you’re back! We were starting to worry!” the stone-armed dragon said, happy to see her again. “Who's your friend?” the dark female asked with a tilt of her head. The brood mothers seemed tense looking at them, they had brought food with them which calmed their nerves but they were still worried for the stranger they had never seen before.

Guro waved her hand dismissively at them. She then walked towards the land-bound pair and began to introduce Silas. “Hello Quartz and Dusk, this is my new… Acquaintance.” Guro said, hesitating to call him a friend. “He helped me hunt, so I thought I could extend an invitation to stay with us, I hope that’s not a problem.” She knew that the clan leader would be furious, but they had left for some meeting in a tree so she was sure that it was fine.

“We’ll see about that!” a gruff voice sounded behind them. Guro turned around to see another land bound dragon, however unlike the other two he was an iridescent purple with many scars adorning his body along with battered armor; one of the 3 generals of the caravan. “Good evening Edgrick, I see that Crowley and Xenon are not around?” she said politely, not wanting to anger the veteran fighter. The dragon known as Edgrick took a deep breath. “Yes, those two have gone with Sylf to the Sky tree to attend to important matters regarding the egg theft,” he answered her, while sizing Silas up. Guro held her breath as he hadn’t made his final judgement, he then let out a huff and nodded. “Alright. You can stay for the night. However, when Sylf comes back, I shall bring it up with her to see if he can stay longer,” he answered. Guro seemed relieved.

However, it wasn’t over yet. She could feel something tugging on the deer carcass she was carrying. Craning her neck she saw two young hatchlings trying to sneak a bite out of it. With a scoff the the two hatchlings realized that Guro had caught them and froze. “Alright you two, I’m pretty much done with this anyways.” she said rolling her eyes as she dropped it for them to nibble on.

Both of them chirped happily, then there was the sound of little feet. It seemed the other hatchings had their eyes on Guro’s kill too. There was about a dozen of the little things swarming at the deer now. “Say thank you, dears!” one of the brood mothers called after them, and they all said “thank you” in almost perfect unison before going right back at it. Guro sighed. She could feel the broodmothers relax at her gesture, which was a relief. At least they no longer had to endure their distrustful glares any longer.

From the shadows he watched the dragons spar with one another before looking at Dusk. The time was nigh and the meeting would be starting soon. As much as he wished to let his right-hand go in his stead, he was sure the other clan leaders would try and use that against his entire clan if he was a no show. As much as he hated being seen, it would raise suspicions if he didn’t, even though the thefts were not of his clan’s doing. Surely the other clan leaders would suspect him due to his nature; always staying and directing things from the shadows, never to be seen. He liked watching from afar. It was just the kind of dragon he was. He had ran the Jovia clan from a distance for generations and things weren’t going to change anytime soon.

“Dusk.” He hissed out quietly, beckoning him closer towards where he stood. His face covered by a mask and most of his body was covered by a dark cloak. The only way to see his scales was his long devil-like tail that snaked out from underneath the vast cloak. His scales were like dull crystals, as if a layer of ash had washed over them, taking away their luster.

“It’s almost time to go to the meet. Everything is ready for when we leave, I presume?” he asked in a hushed voice, once his right-hand drew close. He was a mysterious dragon, being so secretive that only high ranking dragons such as Dusk would ever see him let alone know his name. It’s not that he distrusted any of the lower ranking dragons of his clan, it’s just how he preferred things; at a distance.

After he was done speaking to him he took a glance at the dragons behind him, Rosencrantz and Thalassa. Once he studied them, he looked back to Dusk. “Are those the dragons that will be coming to the meet as well?” he asked curiously. Despite one being a female he trusted Dusk’s decision, he also knew that females were a force to be reckoned with. Especially if you got in between one and her children.

(@EmeraldDragon13 Feel free to have Silas recognize someone if you wish, I’ll happily play them. I don’t think Valentine’s going to get any action anytime soon.)
She chuckled at the compliment, Guro couldn’t have done it without him making the deer run towards her. “Those dragons are from the caravan, actually. One of them was the clan leader, so no need to fret,” she said in a calm voice. Now that she saw the direction they came from, she knew that she was heading the right way.

A few more minutes, and they made it back to the caravan. It wasn’t hard to find since she could hear the chatter amongst the brush. She made note of who was missing. Besides the huge clan leader, the dragon known as Flint was also gone, as well as 3 other male dragons, including the clan leader’s mate.

“Hello everyone…” she greeted. When half the caravans eyes turned to her, she wasn’t surprised. They had been jumpy when it came to anyone coming to them after dusk. Some dragons were happy to see her, others went back to their chatter as if uninterrupted, others visibly tensed seeing Guro had brought a new face along. “Oh, you’re back! We were starting to worry!” the stone-armed dragon said, happy to see her again. “Who's your friend?” the dark female asked with a tilt of her head. The brood mothers seemed tense looking at them, they had brought food with them which calmed their nerves but they were still worried for the stranger they had never seen before.

Guro waved her hand dismissively at them. She then walked towards the land-bound pair and began to introduce Silas. “Hello Quartz and Dusk, this is my new… Acquaintance.” Guro said, hesitating to call him a friend. “He helped me hunt, so I thought I could extend an invitation to stay with us, I hope that’s not a problem.” She knew that the clan leader would be furious, but they had left for some meeting in a tree so she was sure that it was fine.

“We’ll see about that!” a gruff voice sounded behind them. Guro turned around to see another land bound dragon, however unlike the other two he was an iridescent purple with many scars adorning his body along with battered armor; one of the 3 generals of the caravan. “Good evening Edgrick, I see that Crowley and Xenon are not around?” she said politely, not wanting to anger the veteran fighter. The dragon known as Edgrick took a deep breath. “Yes, those two have gone with Sylf to the Sky tree to attend to important matters regarding the egg theft,” he answered her, while sizing Silas up. Guro held her breath as he hadn’t made his final judgement, he then let out a huff and nodded. “Alright. You can stay for the night. However, when Sylf comes back, I shall bring it up with her to see if he can stay longer,” he answered. Guro seemed relieved.

However, it wasn’t over yet. She could feel something tugging on the deer carcass she was carrying. Craning her neck she saw two young hatchlings trying to sneak a bite out of it. With a scoff the the two hatchlings realized that Guro had caught them and froze. “Alright you two, I’m pretty much done with this anyways.” she said rolling her eyes as she dropped it for them to nibble on.

Both of them chirped happily, then there was the sound of little feet. It seemed the other hatchings had their eyes on Guro’s kill too. There was about a dozen of the little things swarming at the deer now. “Say thank you, dears!” one of the brood mothers called after them, and they all said “thank you” in almost perfect unison before going right back at it. Guro sighed. She could feel the broodmothers relax at her gesture, which was a relief. At least they no longer had to endure their distrustful glares any longer.

From the shadows he watched the dragons spar with one another before looking at Dusk. The time was nigh and the meeting would be starting soon. As much as he wished to let his right-hand go in his stead, he was sure the other clan leaders would try and use that against his entire clan if he was a no show. As much as he hated being seen, it would raise suspicions if he didn’t, even though the thefts were not of his clan’s doing. Surely the other clan leaders would suspect him due to his nature; always staying and directing things from the shadows, never to be seen. He liked watching from afar. It was just the kind of dragon he was. He had ran the Jovia clan from a distance for generations and things weren’t going to change anytime soon.

“Dusk.” He hissed out quietly, beckoning him closer towards where he stood. His face covered by a mask and most of his body was covered by a dark cloak. The only way to see his scales was his long devil-like tail that snaked out from underneath the vast cloak. His scales were like dull crystals, as if a layer of ash had washed over them, taking away their luster.

“It’s almost time to go to the meet. Everything is ready for when we leave, I presume?” he asked in a hushed voice, once his right-hand drew close. He was a mysterious dragon, being so secretive that only high ranking dragons such as Dusk would ever see him let alone know his name. It’s not that he distrusted any of the lower ranking dragons of his clan, it’s just how he preferred things; at a distance.

After he was done speaking to him he took a glance at the dragons behind him, Rosencrantz and Thalassa. Once he studied them, he looked back to Dusk. “Are those the dragons that will be coming to the meet as well?” he asked curiously. Despite one being a female he trusted Dusk’s decision, he also knew that females were a force to be reckoned with. Especially if you got in between one and her children.

(@EmeraldDragon13 Feel free to have Silas recognize someone if you wish, I’ll happily play them. I don’t think Valentine’s going to get any action anytime soon.)
@MalaikaKupanda

Once again, Orion’s reaction took Grendel by surprise. The older dragon, instead of being repulsed by the suggestion that they release a plague, seemed eager at first for the opportunity it presented. His questions belied the enthusiasm in his demeanor, however, probing for weaknesses in Grendel’s plan. The metal’s purpose was unclear to the junior thief. Could he be looking for ways to undermine him? His suspicion was supported by the condescension in Orion’s voice as he cut the inquisition short.

It took Grendel a moment’s thought to adjust his plan to the problems Orion presented. It was good that they were asked openly; Grendel had not had time to ask himself the same questions yet. The serpent did his best to sound confident in a plan he was making up as he slithered along. He did not want to show Orion the hesitation or irritation he was feeling under the onslaught of his questions, but he was not as disciplined as this veteran, and his answers came in clipped tones.

“The mites will not be a problem. I will go now to retrieve a dormant colony and warn our mothers to have countermeasures ready. I will plant them near enough to Lanis’ nests that they can join in the extermination, but not so close that they put our own nests at risk. As for the alarm, Lord Khaldonius has ordered us to ensure that it is raised.”
@MalaikaKupanda

Once again, Orion’s reaction took Grendel by surprise. The older dragon, instead of being repulsed by the suggestion that they release a plague, seemed eager at first for the opportunity it presented. His questions belied the enthusiasm in his demeanor, however, probing for weaknesses in Grendel’s plan. The metal’s purpose was unclear to the junior thief. Could he be looking for ways to undermine him? His suspicion was supported by the condescension in Orion’s voice as he cut the inquisition short.

It took Grendel a moment’s thought to adjust his plan to the problems Orion presented. It was good that they were asked openly; Grendel had not had time to ask himself the same questions yet. The serpent did his best to sound confident in a plan he was making up as he slithered along. He did not want to show Orion the hesitation or irritation he was feeling under the onslaught of his questions, but he was not as disciplined as this veteran, and his answers came in clipped tones.

“The mites will not be a problem. I will go now to retrieve a dormant colony and warn our mothers to have countermeasures ready. I will plant them near enough to Lanis’ nests that they can join in the extermination, but not so close that they put our own nests at risk. As for the alarm, Lord Khaldonius has ordered us to ensure that it is raised.”
OVI5Wp2.gif
@Mnementhmonic

Orion listened carefully, nodding in slow succession. It confused him that Khaldonius wanted an alarm raised but he didn't question the leader, if only to save his own tail. He already knew Khaldonius resented him, mostly for flirting with that emerald queen of his. For a moment he wondered if this was Khaldonius' plan, to take Orion down a notch.

A low snort escaped his nose, "Alright, Grendel, let's gather the scouts then, hm?" He stood up, stretching his wings and moving them in their sockets to get rid of the cold ache. He folded them back up once more and started walking towards where several broodmothers were basking in the dying sunlight.

"Greetings." He called out gently and three heads perked up to look at him. "Greetings, Orion." A young, dark gray female chirped, her bright green eyes glittering. "How are this evening?" He asked, two of the three females huffed and returned to their dozing as the gray female sat up to face him. "I'm lovely." she answered quickly. Orion grinned with his broken teeth. His younger half-sister chuckled quietly. "Listen Abby, I need you to have the broodmothers prepare in the case of nestbanes." He told her, keeping his voice low. Abadalia's head tipped to the side in confusion. "At the meeting tonight, we're planning a full on siege to get as many eggs as we can. Our best idea to get females away from their nests is to use Nestbanes. The Lanis clutches will not be affected much, as long as you pretend you're taking part in the extermination." He explained. "You're insane!" she hissed.

Orion shrugged, "It's not my idea. It's that fool, Grendel's." He said passively. Abadalia thought for a moment, her tongue running behind her teeth, a habit both of them had adopted. "Just prepare the broodmothers for me, won't you?" he asked. "Yes, Orion. Thank you for warning us." She mumbled and returned to her doze with her friends.

Orion nodded and stood there for a moment, searching for any scouts nearby.
@Mnementhmonic

Orion listened carefully, nodding in slow succession. It confused him that Khaldonius wanted an alarm raised but he didn't question the leader, if only to save his own tail. He already knew Khaldonius resented him, mostly for flirting with that emerald queen of his. For a moment he wondered if this was Khaldonius' plan, to take Orion down a notch.

A low snort escaped his nose, "Alright, Grendel, let's gather the scouts then, hm?" He stood up, stretching his wings and moving them in their sockets to get rid of the cold ache. He folded them back up once more and started walking towards where several broodmothers were basking in the dying sunlight.

"Greetings." He called out gently and three heads perked up to look at him. "Greetings, Orion." A young, dark gray female chirped, her bright green eyes glittering. "How are this evening?" He asked, two of the three females huffed and returned to their dozing as the gray female sat up to face him. "I'm lovely." she answered quickly. Orion grinned with his broken teeth. His younger half-sister chuckled quietly. "Listen Abby, I need you to have the broodmothers prepare in the case of nestbanes." He told her, keeping his voice low. Abadalia's head tipped to the side in confusion. "At the meeting tonight, we're planning a full on siege to get as many eggs as we can. Our best idea to get females away from their nests is to use Nestbanes. The Lanis clutches will not be affected much, as long as you pretend you're taking part in the extermination." He explained. "You're insane!" she hissed.

Orion shrugged, "It's not my idea. It's that fool, Grendel's." He said passively. Abadalia thought for a moment, her tongue running behind her teeth, a habit both of them had adopted. "Just prepare the broodmothers for me, won't you?" he asked. "Yes, Orion. Thank you for warning us." She mumbled and returned to her doze with her friends.

Orion nodded and stood there for a moment, searching for any scouts nearby.
@Hydria (It's fine, really! And I'm so sorry I haven't replied for a couple days. I've been busy with the holidays, but I'm back now)

Eris winced a little as the hatchling's claws dug into her. She inclined her head to look down at Mivri, then followed his outstretched hand with her gaze. The mountain's peak swept high into the overcast sky, stretching above the endless sea of clouds Eris wished to above, to drown in the warmth of the Sun. Soon, she thought wistfully, then snapped herself out of it as Mivri began to speak again.

Her attention redirected to the young dragon, and, when he was done talking, she asked, "You don't want your siblings to know? What if the killer comes after them? And, pardon my asking, who did this?" Again, Eris hoped she didn't overload the child, but she really needed to know. Her gaze drifted skywards yet again, counting down the seconds before nightfall. Whatever they did, they had to do it before then. Call her old-fashioned, but Eris strongly believed you must find shelter before night. Bad things happen at night.
---
(@LazyChimera Could I play Valentine's mate?)
@Hydria (It's fine, really! And I'm so sorry I haven't replied for a couple days. I've been busy with the holidays, but I'm back now)

Eris winced a little as the hatchling's claws dug into her. She inclined her head to look down at Mivri, then followed his outstretched hand with her gaze. The mountain's peak swept high into the overcast sky, stretching above the endless sea of clouds Eris wished to above, to drown in the warmth of the Sun. Soon, she thought wistfully, then snapped herself out of it as Mivri began to speak again.

Her attention redirected to the young dragon, and, when he was done talking, she asked, "You don't want your siblings to know? What if the killer comes after them? And, pardon my asking, who did this?" Again, Eris hoped she didn't overload the child, but she really needed to know. Her gaze drifted skywards yet again, counting down the seconds before nightfall. Whatever they did, they had to do it before then. Call her old-fashioned, but Eris strongly believed you must find shelter before night. Bad things happen at night.
---
(@LazyChimera Could I play Valentine's mate?)
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
  • she / they
  • fr +2
  • rp friendly
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16