Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 116 117
@totallynotsuper

....holy crap I didn't realize it was that bad.

Thanks for putting all that together.
@totallynotsuper

....holy crap I didn't realize it was that bad.

Thanks for putting all that together.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@totallynotsuper

ASTONISHING, SUCH BEAUTY, SUCH ORIGINALITY, AND ONLY FOR 1200 GEMS

Seriously though thank you for putting that together because that is absolutely great xD
@totallynotsuper

ASTONISHING, SUCH BEAUTY, SUCH ORIGINALITY, AND ONLY FOR 1200 GEMS

Seriously though thank you for putting that together because that is absolutely great xD
1V5lI2H.png
@totallynotsuper

*Slow clap*

Amazing. Thanks for the presentation, I did the same thing, but not to such an extent!
Yeah, that would have been much more fun to craft at Baldwin's. I mean, Toxin and Poison look like good "oops, alchemy accident" genes. Stained would have been absolutely perfect to fit the idea as well!
@totallynotsuper

*Slow clap*

Amazing. Thanks for the presentation, I did the same thing, but not to such an extent!
Yeah, that would have been much more fun to craft at Baldwin's. I mean, Toxin and Poison look like good "oops, alchemy accident" genes. Stained would have been absolutely perfect to fit the idea as well!
[quote name="Aeonox" date=2016-02-03 13:14:00] [quote name="Chills" date=2016-02-02 18:00:53] I love this gene, but it honestly isn't worth that much. seriously though I'm just so salty about all the time FR has to spend creating new genes & stuff YET THERE HASN'T EVEN BEEN NEWS ABOUT THE COLOUR WHEEL EXPANSION. [/quote] I'm p sure this is their "well you want more colors, here have this bone in the meantime" filler crud for us to wait with. [/quote] @aeonox [s][sup]admins ples stop we arent dogez[/sup][/s] pretty muchhhh It feels as if they're slacking on all the things that are important for us. "let's update swipp, forget the CR 2.0" The CR 2.0 is something that's actually important, and it has been for awhile now, whereas nobody even cared for swipp to be updated at the time. And if they were going to have a board on a colour wheel expansion, they might as well go through with it.... Sorry for all this salt xD I'm usually pretty composed about this stuff, but FR has just killed me by releasing this gene. It's such a joke. 1200 gems. For a gene that's about as simple as UB.
Aeonox wrote on 2016-02-03:
Chills wrote on 2016-02-02:
I love this gene, but it honestly isn't worth that much.

seriously though I'm just so salty about all the time FR has to spend creating new genes & stuff YET THERE HASN'T EVEN BEEN NEWS ABOUT THE COLOUR WHEEL EXPANSION.

I'm p sure this is their "well you want more colors, here have this bone in the meantime" filler crud for us to wait with.

@aeonox
admins ples stop we arent dogez

pretty muchhhh
It feels as if they're slacking on all the things that are important for us. "let's update swipp, forget the CR 2.0"

The CR 2.0 is something that's actually important, and it has been for awhile now, whereas nobody even cared for swipp to be updated at the time.

And if they were going to have a board on a colour wheel expansion, they might as well go through with it....

Sorry for all this salt xD I'm usually pretty composed about this stuff, but FR has just killed me by releasing this gene. It's such a joke.

1200 gems.
For a gene that's about as simple as UB.
1V5lI2H.png
here is the link for convenience to anyone impressed with @totallynotsuper 's "undressing" of this terrible gene.

holla 2 u bro I might be posting that to twitter
edit: now on twitter
here is the link for convenience to anyone impressed with @totallynotsuper 's "undressing" of this terrible gene.

holla 2 u bro I might be posting that to twitter
edit: now on twitter
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
Like this could have been such a nice gene if they had put more than like 2% effort into it?

I would be totally for a re-release of the gene with like a proper iri/shim styled gradient, more dramatic effects, different opacities in different areas, sparkles, LITERALLY ANYTHING BUT 10% OPACITY??
Like this could have been such a nice gene if they had put more than like 2% effort into it?

I would be totally for a re-release of the gene with like a proper iri/shim styled gradient, more dramatic effects, different opacities in different areas, sparkles, LITERALLY ANYTHING BUT 10% OPACITY??
forum-signature.png
It kinda just occurred to me that Stained is really going to mess up buying AH dragons since now you can't trust what the dragon [i]looks[/i] like to [b]be[/b] what it is. All of the other tertiaries are at-a-glance discernible, but with Stained. Here is a Black/Black/White dragon with Underbelly [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=9&wing=9&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=2&elem=6&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] Here is the same Black/Black/White with Stained [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=9&wing=9&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=2&elem=6&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png[/img] Here is a Gray/Gray/White with Underbelly [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=6&wing=6&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=2&elem=6&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] Here's an Ivory/Banana/Obsidian Dragon [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=44&wing=43&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=10&elem=6&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png[/img] Here's the Ivory/Banana/Obs with Stained.... looks a little Swampy to me. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=44&wing=43&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=10&elem=6&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png[/img] Stained is a [s]nice[/s] great gene in [i]concept[/i], It works perfectly with those people who wanted colored Paint/Piebalds, it adds another layer of interesting on Ripple and Poi/Tox. But the price of it aside. It's going to make dragons look like the color they aren't, and that's just going to upset people when they're trying to get color bonuses or are hunting for specific colors off of the AH at a glance like we're used to. It needs to change a bit so that it's recognizable as a gene and not just a monitor with off color settings. Maybe give it darker areas of color, people have suggested a gradient which would work well. To be fair even in the first examples on the opening post I wasn't sure what I was looking at, as well as thought it telling that they chose Paint/Piebald to try to show off the gene on, since it's invisible on any other pattern. Even fabrics and pottery rarely "stain"" that evenly, so a "pattern" to the stain would be very nice. Stained fabric: [url=https://www.google.com.pr/search?q=stained+fabric&client=opera&hs=4MX&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRktX-k93KAhXFkx4KHTryABsQsAQIGw&biw=656&bih=614]Google Image LInk[/url] Stained Pottery: [url=https://www.google.com.pr/search?q=stained+fabric&client=opera&hs=4MX&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRktX-k93KAhXFkx4KHTryABsQsAQIGw&biw=656&bih=614#tbm=isch&q=stain-wash+pottery&imgrc=M4XekzdKZR2-QM%3A]Google Image LInk[/url]
It kinda just occurred to me that Stained is really going to mess up buying AH dragons since now you can't trust what the dragon looks like to be what it is. All of the other tertiaries are at-a-glance discernible, but with Stained.

Here is a Black/Black/White dragon with Underbelly
dragonpic2.php?body=9&wing=9&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=2&elem=6&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png

Here is the same Black/Black/White with Stained
dragonpic2.php?body=9&wing=9&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=2&elem=6&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png

Here is a Gray/Gray/White with Underbelly
dragonpic2.php?body=6&wing=6&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=2&elem=6&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png

Here's an Ivory/Banana/Obsidian Dragon
dragonpic2.php?body=44&wing=43&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=10&elem=6&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png

Here's the Ivory/Banana/Obs with Stained.... looks a little Swampy to me.
dragonpic2.php?body=44&wing=43&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=10&elem=6&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png

Stained is a nice great gene in concept, It works perfectly with those people who wanted colored Paint/Piebalds, it adds another layer of interesting on Ripple and Poi/Tox. But the price of it aside. It's going to make dragons look like the color they aren't, and that's just going to upset people when they're trying to get color bonuses or are hunting for specific colors off of the AH at a glance like we're used to.

It needs to change a bit so that it's recognizable as a gene and not just a monitor with off color settings. Maybe give it darker areas of color, people have suggested a gradient which would work well. To be fair even in the first examples on the opening post I wasn't sure what I was looking at, as well as thought it telling that they chose Paint/Piebald to try to show off the gene on, since it's invisible on any other pattern. Even fabrics and pottery rarely "stain"" that evenly, so a "pattern" to the stain would be very nice.

Stained fabric: Google Image LInk

Stained Pottery: Google Image LInk
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Has anyone gotten the hydra scales accent yet?
Has anyone gotten the hydra scales accent yet?
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
Lovely update TYVM :)
Lovely update TYVM :)
The gene is ok?? (looks good with bright colours + ivory as tert) but some of the tints dont really show very well. Dont think its worth 1200 gems lmao.
The gene is ok?? (looks good with bright colours + ivory as tert) but some of the tints dont really show very well. Dont think its worth 1200 gems lmao.
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 116 117