Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Hello
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
@Monarque No, I don't. One is addressed to the admin, one is for users to talk between themselves.

tldr: the thread was locked before we could even find out what the thread was completely intended to be. I would have loved to see what others users plans of action would be, and it would have been fun to try and come up with our own.

I'm heading out to dinner now, so excuse any long gaps for the moment. Here's hoping the threads here when I get back!
@Monarque No, I don't. One is addressed to the admin, one is for users to talk between themselves.

tldr: the thread was locked before we could even find out what the thread was completely intended to be. I would have loved to see what others users plans of action would be, and it would have been fun to try and come up with our own.

I'm heading out to dinner now, so excuse any long gaps for the moment. Here's hoping the threads here when I get back!
@Monarque Not really. Can I understand them locking the original thread? Yea, it was 80 pages long but Rhea did a great job of adding stuff to the original post so things weren't lost, but then once it was locked we can't add anything new.

There were other things that we wanted to talk about with each other but again that thread was locked even though it was flight rising discussion that we wanted to have. Regardless of whether the thread titles were similar or not, it shouldn't have been locked since it was meant to be a user discussion.
@Monarque Not really. Can I understand them locking the original thread? Yea, it was 80 pages long but Rhea did a great job of adding stuff to the original post so things weren't lost, but then once it was locked we can't add anything new.

There were other things that we wanted to talk about with each other but again that thread was locked even though it was flight rising discussion that we wanted to have. Regardless of whether the thread titles were similar or not, it shouldn't have been locked since it was meant to be a user discussion.
nice
@RedRarebit If it was addressed to the admin it should have been in the proper [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]forum[/url]. A good example is attenasuis' thread addressing their concern to the admin concerning account actions. Also, a direct quote from the first post: [quote]Note: this is a discussion, not a suggestion thread. There may be suggestions in here, but there'll also be discussion of past things done. For the love of the Eleven don't move this to Suggestions.[/quote] [quote]If you could spearhead the dev team or otherwise work on/for FR, what would you do? [/quote] @suitwetter Ah, I see where you're coming from. I guess all we can do now is be patient and wait for our questions to be answered in the next WoW. Isn't it a bit redundant to rehash the same things in multiple, 80+ page long threads? They are human beings with jobs and one was recently married. Give them time.
@RedRarebit If it was addressed to the admin it should have been in the proper forum. A good example is attenasuis' thread addressing their concern to the admin concerning account actions.

Also, a direct quote from the first post:
Quote:
Note: this is a discussion, not a suggestion thread. There may be suggestions in here, but there'll also be discussion of past things done. For the love of the Eleven don't move this to Suggestions.
Quote:
If you could spearhead the dev team or otherwise work on/for FR, what would you do?

@suitwetter Ah, I see where you're coming from. I guess all we can do now is be patient and wait for our questions to be answered in the next WoW. Isn't it a bit redundant to rehash the same things in multiple, 80+ page long threads? They are human beings with jobs and one was recently married. Give them time.
@Monarque

so in your opinion we can't have public opinions/discussions/thoughts on these issues- some far more serious than your perceived suggestions of breeds- until after the next WotW. That's... interesting.
@Monarque

so in your opinion we can't have public opinions/discussions/thoughts on these issues- some far more serious than your perceived suggestions of breeds- until after the next WotW. That's... interesting.
@Monarque

It wasn't always rehashes. New posters did come in with other topics or things were remembered later but as said, we wanted a user discussion. Amongst other things a userdiscussion does mean show any changes in people's views instead of them sitting in silence until the WotW edition comes out

As for time.. they've had a lot of time. I am not exactly a veteran user, only been here since last June but there's been bugs and stuff wrong with the site since I joined that haven't changed at all. Perhaps the only thing I've seen was the graphical Coli changes which at least made it usable for people, but there are so. many. things that haven't been changed or fixed. Even a simple "this is something we're working on" instead of having several threads about the issue being ignored would be nice...
@Monarque

It wasn't always rehashes. New posters did come in with other topics or things were remembered later but as said, we wanted a user discussion. Amongst other things a userdiscussion does mean show any changes in people's views instead of them sitting in silence until the WotW edition comes out

As for time.. they've had a lot of time. I am not exactly a veteran user, only been here since last June but there's been bugs and stuff wrong with the site since I joined that haven't changed at all. Perhaps the only thing I've seen was the graphical Coli changes which at least made it usable for people, but there are so. many. things that haven't been changed or fixed. Even a simple "this is something we're working on" instead of having several threads about the issue being ignored would be nice...
nice
@Monarque

But we have given them time. So much time. Like you said, these are the same old questions being rehashed and that is because they never do get answered in WoW or anywhere else. Not to mention, while they might have day jobs, this is also their business from which they earn money. They're not purely altruistic beings doing this out of the goodness of their heart like some people seem to think, we clearly don't need to be rude and inflammatory but we also don't have to feel like we need to coddle them from reasonable criticisms. And honestly, they should be able to take them without getting on the defensive.
@Monarque

But we have given them time. So much time. Like you said, these are the same old questions being rehashed and that is because they never do get answered in WoW or anywhere else. Not to mention, while they might have day jobs, this is also their business from which they earn money. They're not purely altruistic beings doing this out of the goodness of their heart like some people seem to think, we clearly don't need to be rude and inflammatory but we also don't have to feel like we need to coddle them from reasonable criticisms. And honestly, they should be able to take them without getting on the defensive.
@Lindulcis That quote was an example. I'm saying we should wait for them to answer our questions instead of jumping down their throats when they're not doing what you want at that exact moment. The next WoW is due very soon, maybe two weeks or less, just be patient.
@Lindulcis That quote was an example. I'm saying we should wait for them to answer our questions instead of jumping down their throats when they're not doing what you want at that exact moment. The next WoW is due very soon, maybe two weeks or less, just be patient.
@Vallantis Oh, I've almost resigned myself to that fate. That way, if it comes, I won't be quite so surprised or upset, and if it doesn't, then yay. Besides, if I do get banned because I had the audacity to voice opinions that the admins don't like, then this isn't exactly a place I would want to be anyway.

And before anyone jumps on me, yes, I am thinking about leaving over this. Yes, it is that bad. My involvement here is a last ditch effort to prevent that happening.

@Monarque To answer your questions on what the admins should have done:

They shouldn't have locked the thread in the first place. Yes, there were things in that thread that were difficult to hear. But that wasn't because they were harassment or attacks. It's because they were criticisms of the admins that the admins did not want to hear or think about. The admins attempted to assuage us with the promise of a WotW, which was great. But they mixed that in with heavy doses of condescension and even a bit of contempt that is out of line for professionals interacting with their customers. On top of that, when they did "answer" questions, they rarely actually did that, and in several instances quoted materials and then "responded" to it in a fashion that was actually blindingly off topic. Ultimately, the reason cited for closing the thread altogether amounted to the admins admitting that they got their feelings hurt and didn't want to see it anymore.

If the admins cannot handle criticism, then they do not need to be in a line of work that exposes them to large amounts of criticism. Censoring and stifling the criticism is not going to work and will only serve to inflame users further and place more strain on the admins' relationship with us.

So until such time as that thread actually devolved into nothing more than name calling without legitimate complaints or points of view, the original thread should have been left open, rather than forcing everyone to try to regroup, reframe the discussion, or get around the censorship.
@Vallantis Oh, I've almost resigned myself to that fate. That way, if it comes, I won't be quite so surprised or upset, and if it doesn't, then yay. Besides, if I do get banned because I had the audacity to voice opinions that the admins don't like, then this isn't exactly a place I would want to be anyway.

And before anyone jumps on me, yes, I am thinking about leaving over this. Yes, it is that bad. My involvement here is a last ditch effort to prevent that happening.

They shouldn't have locked the thread in the first place. Yes, there were things in that thread that were difficult to hear. But that wasn't because they were harassment or attacks. It's because they were criticisms of the admins that the admins did not want to hear or think about. The admins attempted to assuage us with the promise of a WotW, which was great. But they mixed that in with heavy doses of condescension and even a bit of contempt that is out of line for professionals interacting with their customers. On top of that, when they did "answer" questions, they rarely actually did that, and in several instances quoted materials and then "responded" to it in a fashion that was actually blindingly off topic. Ultimately, the reason cited for closing the thread altogether amounted to the admins admitting that they got their feelings hurt and didn't want to see it anymore.

If the admins cannot handle criticism, then they do not need to be in a line of work that exposes them to large amounts of criticism. Censoring and stifling the criticism is not going to work and will only serve to inflame users further and place more strain on the admins' relationship with us.

So until such time as that thread actually devolved into nothing more than name calling without legitimate complaints or points of view, the original thread should have been left open, rather than forcing everyone to try to regroup, reframe the discussion, or get around the censorship.
jjTXz3w.png
[quote name="TwilightFlower" date="2015-01-05 18:04:36"] @Monarque To answer your questions on what the admins should have done: They shouldn't have locked the thread in the first place. Yes, there were things in that thread that were difficult to hear. But that wasn't because they were harassment or attacks. It's because they were criticisms of the admins that the admins did not want to hear or think about. The admins attempted to assuage us with the promise of a WotW, which was great. But they mixed that in with heavy doses of condescension and even a bit of contempt that is out of line for professionals interacting with their customers. On top of that, when they did "answer" questions, they rarely actually did that, and in several instances quoted materials and then "responded" to it in a fashion that was actually blindingly off topic. Ultimately, the reason cited for closing the thread altogether amounted to the admins admitting that they got their feelings hurt and didn't want to see it anymore. If the admins cannot handle criticism, then they do not need to be in a line of work that exposes them to large amounts of criticism. Censoring and stifling the criticism is not going to work and will only serve to inflame users further and place more strain on the admins' relationship with us. So until such time as that thread actually devolved into nothing more than name calling without legitimate complaints or points of view, the original thread should have been left open, rather than forcing everyone to try to regroup, reframe the discussion, or get around the censorship.[/quote] [b]THIS[/b]
TwilightFlower wrote on 2015-01-05 18:04:36:

THIS
13c34bef3401beac8c8cf6233cb62451.png
[quote name="TwilightFlower" date="2015-01-05 18:04:36"] They shouldn't have locked the thread in the first place. Yes, there were things in that thread that were difficult to hear. But that wasn't because they were harassment or attacks. It's because they were criticisms of the admins that the admins did not want to hear or think about. The admins attempted to assuage us with the promise of a WotW, which was great. But they mixed that in with heavy doses of condescension and even a bit of contempt that is out of line for professionals interacting with their customers. On top of that, when they did "answer" questions, they rarely actually did that, and in several instances quoted materials and then "responded" to it in a fashion that was actually blindingly off topic. Ultimately, the reason cited for closing the thread altogether amounted to the admins admitting that they got their feelings hurt and didn't want to see it anymore. If the admins cannot handle criticism, then they do not need to be in a line of work that exposes them to large amounts of criticism. Censoring and stifling the criticism is not going to work and will only serve to inflame users further and place more strain on the admins' relationship with us. So until such time as that thread actually devolved into nothing more than name calling without legitimate complaints or points of view, the original thread should have been left open, rather than forcing everyone to try to regroup, reframe the discussion, or get around the censorship.[/quote] yep
TwilightFlower wrote on 2015-01-05 18:04:36:

yep
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12