Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Hello
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
Also agreeing with all of that. I think it's really stupid that they locked the thread even though the ETA for more discussion on the issues is... within the next 3 weeks.
Also agreeing with all of that. I think it's really stupid that they locked the thread even though the ETA for more discussion on the issues is... within the next 3 weeks.
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
ok39zl.png
ok39zl.png
tumblr_inline_njviwmxG231qg2i5p.png
[quote name="TwilightFlower" date="2015-01-05 18:04:36"] They shouldn't have locked the thread in the first place. Yes, there were things in that thread that were difficult to hear. But that wasn't because they were harassment or attacks. It's because they were criticisms of the admins that the admins did not want to hear or think about. The admins attempted to assuage us with the promise of a WotW, which was great. But they mixed that in with heavy doses of condescension and even a bit of contempt that is out of line for professionals interacting with their customers. On top of that, when they did "answer" questions, they rarely actually did that, and in several instances quoted materials and then "responded" to it in a fashion that was actually blindingly off topic. Ultimately, the reason cited for closing the thread altogether amounted to the admins admitting that they got their feelings hurt and didn't want to see it anymore. If the admins cannot handle criticism, then they do not need to be in a line of work that exposes them to large amounts of criticism. Censoring and stifling the criticism is not going to work and will only serve to inflame users further and place more strain on the admins' relationship with us. So until such time as that thread actually devolved into nothing more than name calling without legitimate complaints or points of view, the original thread should have been left open, rather than forcing everyone to try to regroup, reframe the discussion, or get around the censorship.[/quote] Exactly this. This is exactly what I wanted to say, but far better structured and more eloquently put.
TwilightFlower wrote on 2015-01-05 18:04:36:
They shouldn't have locked the thread in the first place. Yes, there were things in that thread that were difficult to hear. But that wasn't because they were harassment or attacks. It's because they were criticisms of the admins that the admins did not want to hear or think about. The admins attempted to assuage us with the promise of a WotW, which was great. But they mixed that in with heavy doses of condescension and even a bit of contempt that is out of line for professionals interacting with their customers. On top of that, when they did "answer" questions, they rarely actually did that, and in several instances quoted materials and then "responded" to it in a fashion that was actually blindingly off topic. Ultimately, the reason cited for closing the thread altogether amounted to the admins admitting that they got their feelings hurt and didn't want to see it anymore.

If the admins cannot handle criticism, then they do not need to be in a line of work that exposes them to large amounts of criticism. Censoring and stifling the criticism is not going to work and will only serve to inflame users further and place more strain on the admins' relationship with us.

So until such time as that thread actually devolved into nothing more than name calling without legitimate complaints or points of view, the original thread should have been left open, rather than forcing everyone to try to regroup, reframe the discussion, or get around the censorship.

Exactly this. This is exactly what I wanted to say, but far better structured and more eloquently put.
wow, it really got locked.
i was actually feeling better about the staff, since they replied and seemed to be actually communicating with users but i guess that was all just to save face a little?

they're being super unprofessional, and i'm about to jump ship because of it.
i was enjoying fr quite a bit but the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.
gl flight rising.
wow, it really got locked.
i was actually feeling better about the staff, since they replied and seemed to be actually communicating with users but i guess that was all just to save face a little?

they're being super unprofessional, and i'm about to jump ship because of it.
i was enjoying fr quite a bit but the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.
gl flight rising.
[img]http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv239/Chuckle2/Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-t-1.gif[/img]
Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-t-1.gif
@TwilightFlower That is so hypocritical. Every post is someone talking down to the admin or making a snark comment where its not needed. The thread was locked because it was the same thing just worded differently. Had they not responded to that one you all claim is "discussion amongst members" you would be complaining about that. [quote]Unfortunately, we don't have concrete answers for these concerns available right now, and we believe that you deserve a full and considered response from us as a team. Discussing these concerns takes time, and we appreciate your patience while we do that.[/quote] You see this? They don't know how to answer to some questions. They are going to discuss it and tell us in the next WoW. Be patient.
@TwilightFlower That is so hypocritical. Every post is someone talking down to the admin or making a snark comment where its not needed.

The thread was locked because it was the same thing just worded differently. Had they not responded to that one you all claim is "discussion amongst members" you would be complaining about that.
Quote:
Unfortunately, we don't have concrete answers for these concerns available right now, and we believe that you deserve a full and considered response from us as a team. Discussing these concerns takes time, and we appreciate your patience while we do that.

You see this? They don't know how to answer to some questions. They are going to discuss it and tell us in the next WoW. Be patient.
i guess i can understand why it got locked since it was mostly the same ranty posts over and over but..

i didn't see anything wrong with the thread personally it was just a place for users to talk honestly. sure there were some ranty posts but all the same they should have left it unlocked.

hopefully we get a full answer soon though
i guess i can understand why it got locked since it was mostly the same ranty posts over and over but..

i didn't see anything wrong with the thread personally it was just a place for users to talk honestly. sure there were some ranty posts but all the same they should have left it unlocked.

hopefully we get a full answer soon though
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
@Monarque First of all, no it's not in the slightest hypocritical. Even if what you say about talking down to the admins is true (and it's certainly not), there would still be a sharp distinction between the regular players, who are not professionals and are not expected to always conduct themselves as such and the admins who are AT WORK and are expected to remain calm and act in a professional manner at all times.

Second of all, we all made allowances in that thread for questions that could not be answered. We all got that. But seriously, I asked a question in two separate places about the basic functioning of a game mechanic and got nothing but radio silence. "Is X RNG weighted or unweighted?" is a simple question, and one that should not take over a week to answer. And that's just one example.

The fact that you choose to believe that the admins are right to shut down discussion of their faults is your business. But please do not impugn my understanding because I choose to disagree with you. And please do not mischaracterize people's arguments and opinions to do so. You are claiming we said things that we did not say. Picking apart the flimsy arguments used to put us off is not the same thing as being impatient. It is merely highlighting the inconsistencies in communication that have allowed the problems to fester and boil over as they clearly are currently.
@Monarque First of all, no it's not in the slightest hypocritical. Even if what you say about talking down to the admins is true (and it's certainly not), there would still be a sharp distinction between the regular players, who are not professionals and are not expected to always conduct themselves as such and the admins who are AT WORK and are expected to remain calm and act in a professional manner at all times.

Second of all, we all made allowances in that thread for questions that could not be answered. We all got that. But seriously, I asked a question in two separate places about the basic functioning of a game mechanic and got nothing but radio silence. "Is X RNG weighted or unweighted?" is a simple question, and one that should not take over a week to answer. And that's just one example.

The fact that you choose to believe that the admins are right to shut down discussion of their faults is your business. But please do not impugn my understanding because I choose to disagree with you. And please do not mischaracterize people's arguments and opinions to do so. You are claiming we said things that we did not say. Picking apart the flimsy arguments used to put us off is not the same thing as being impatient. It is merely highlighting the inconsistencies in communication that have allowed the problems to fester and boil over as they clearly are currently.
jjTXz3w.png
@TwilightFlower Unfortunately I don't have the time nor luxury to show you every condescending post that have been made to the admin. Just take a tour of the thread.

You can be critical without being rude, whiny, or threatening to quit every time something doesn't go your (again, general) way.
@TwilightFlower Unfortunately I don't have the time nor luxury to show you every condescending post that have been made to the admin. Just take a tour of the thread.

You can be critical without being rude, whiny, or threatening to quit every time something doesn't go your (again, general) way.
@Rhea
Threads shouldn't get moved to the Help Center if an answer can not be provided. Then it is a discussion.
@Rhea
Threads shouldn't get moved to the Help Center if an answer can not be provided. Then it is a discussion.
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12