Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Hello
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote]You can be critical without being rude [...][/quote] Theoretically, so could you, and yet you aren't. I read the thread. I archived every page of the thread. I know what is in the thread. You do not have to tell me to peruse the thread. I did. And none of that changes the clear distinction between the admins and what is appropriate behavior for them, and the users and what is appropriate behavior for us.
Quote:
You can be critical without being rude [...]

Theoretically, so could you, and yet you aren't. I read the thread. I archived every page of the thread. I know what is in the thread. You do not have to tell me to peruse the thread. I did.

And none of that changes the clear distinction between the admins and what is appropriate behavior for them, and the users and what is appropriate behavior for us.
jjTXz3w.png
The circlejerking is strong with these ones.
The circlejerking is strong with these ones.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
@TwilightFlower If telling you to be patient is rude I honestly don't know what to say.
@TwilightFlower If telling you to be patient is rude I honestly don't know what to say.
@Monarque And if telling the admins that we are disappointed in the current status quo and we want certain changes in rude, then I don't know what to say. But that's what you put forward for us. I don't like insulting people, and I try very hard not to do it, especially around here where I don't know people and I don't know their situations or how they will be affected by my words.

But there are real problems here and change is needed, and those concerns need to be addressed. They are not being addressed, and when they are addressed, they are being couched in terms or tones that are counterproductive. Those problematic behaviors cannot and should not go without critique. Yet critique is painted as rudeness or whining. We can't win for losing, it seems, and if that makes people even more frustrated and angry, who could blame them?
@Monarque And if telling the admins that we are disappointed in the current status quo and we want certain changes in rude, then I don't know what to say. But that's what you put forward for us. I don't like insulting people, and I try very hard not to do it, especially around here where I don't know people and I don't know their situations or how they will be affected by my words.

But there are real problems here and change is needed, and those concerns need to be addressed. They are not being addressed, and when they are addressed, they are being couched in terms or tones that are counterproductive. Those problematic behaviors cannot and should not go without critique. Yet critique is painted as rudeness or whining. We can't win for losing, it seems, and if that makes people even more frustrated and angry, who could blame them?
jjTXz3w.png
@Monarque

I dunno, these people seem to have a very abnormal definition of what 'being rude' is.
@Monarque

I dunno, these people seem to have a very abnormal definition of what 'being rude' is.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
@Monarque It's not that you're RUDE it's just that we've been told OVER AND OVER again by the mods and admins to just be patient we'll address your concerns in X amount of time we want to be sure to address all your concerns and don't have the time/desire to keep up with a fast moving discussion with things that are hard to hear.

There was NO reason for them to lock the thread, therefore shutting down the communication. As a result of them locking it, a lot of people are going to forget about it all in three weeks, which allows the admins to sweep things under the rug easier and give us more unsatisfactory answers

//edit In addition it's not like the admins were very respectful to the userbase. Pretty much every single post from Aequorin, Akiri, and even XHAZTOL at the end REEKED of condescension and like they were talking down to US, even when they were saying "we want to respect you guys by giving you a proper answer" because simultaneously they were following that with "but if you hurt my feelings then you deserve to be ignored and we're doing our best even though we've done nothing to communicate with you guys and we've been working on stuff behind the scenes even though there's almost no evidence of it" etc and so forth.
@Monarque It's not that you're RUDE it's just that we've been told OVER AND OVER again by the mods and admins to just be patient we'll address your concerns in X amount of time we want to be sure to address all your concerns and don't have the time/desire to keep up with a fast moving discussion with things that are hard to hear.

There was NO reason for them to lock the thread, therefore shutting down the communication. As a result of them locking it, a lot of people are going to forget about it all in three weeks, which allows the admins to sweep things under the rug easier and give us more unsatisfactory answers

//edit In addition it's not like the admins were very respectful to the userbase. Pretty much every single post from Aequorin, Akiri, and even XHAZTOL at the end REEKED of condescension and like they were talking down to US, even when they were saying "we want to respect you guys by giving you a proper answer" because simultaneously they were following that with "but if you hurt my feelings then you deserve to be ignored and we're doing our best even though we've done nothing to communicate with you guys and we've been working on stuff behind the scenes even though there's almost no evidence of it" etc and so forth.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@TwilightFlower Admittedly I didn't read the whole thread, but what I saw of it, you were being very civil. You're just fed up, as are many of us.
@TwilightFlower Admittedly I didn't read the whole thread, but what I saw of it, you were being very civil. You're just fed up, as are many of us.
IxbCuPG.png
@Lucatri

The same could be said of you, miss 'circlejerk'.
@Lucatri

The same could be said of you, miss 'circlejerk'.
@TwilightFlower Telling them isn't rude. Its how you say it. Also, I think you might be taking this personally? I'm sorry my anger about the way the staff are treated is not towards you. It towards those who treat them like dirt. (And you know exactly who you are.)

@lizziecat1279 No one is going to forget about it and the staff are not sweeping it under the rug. @Xhaztol said he and the team would address the questions in the next WoW. Be patient.
@TwilightFlower Telling them isn't rude. Its how you say it. Also, I think you might be taking this personally? I'm sorry my anger about the way the staff are treated is not towards you. It towards those who treat them like dirt. (And you know exactly who you are.)

@lizziecat1279 No one is going to forget about it and the staff are not sweeping it under the rug. @Xhaztol said he and the team would address the questions in the next WoW. Be patient.
@Monarque I think you know who they are, but the rest of us certainly don't. Unless you have a particular player or set of players in mind who you are more apt to view negatively and be hard on, that is, because I could not pinpoint any one person that was unequivocally being rude and whiny. Angry and frustrated, yes, but that was basically everyone in the thread. But rude and whiny? Not so much.
@Monarque I think you know who they are, but the rest of us certainly don't. Unless you have a particular player or set of players in mind who you are more apt to view negatively and be hard on, that is, because I could not pinpoint any one person that was unequivocally being rude and whiny. Angry and frustrated, yes, but that was basically everyone in the thread. But rude and whiny? Not so much.
jjTXz3w.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12