Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me your favorite Band/Album? :)
1 2 3 4 5 6
I made a personal new years resolution to expand my musical horizons! My challenge is to listen to one whole album from a band/artist that I've never heard of (or one I do know of but I just never listed to) at least once a month. So! I wanted to ask here and get some music to pick from :)

Literally any genre goes and feel free to tell me about more than one band! I know picking just one can be hard when it comes to music <3

Also, I am not so good at responding but please know every post is seen and super appreciated! Thank you in advance!!
I made a personal new years resolution to expand my musical horizons! My challenge is to listen to one whole album from a band/artist that I've never heard of (or one I do know of but I just never listed to) at least once a month. So! I wanted to ask here and get some music to pick from :)

Literally any genre goes and feel free to tell me about more than one band! I know picking just one can be hard when it comes to music <3

Also, I am not so good at responding but please know every post is seen and super appreciated! Thank you in advance!!
63b167364c0a2dbaf2a03351a1066bc8cada7354.pngfcaa2c7b37d017521beff538d86b130409b73d6e.png21d0293ce4fcfad679fd6be05ccf743215e58ae7.png99d350e6cd84e02c223da178bc712b62b709f489.png
Within Temptation - The Silent Force. it's one of their older albums and their style has evolved a lot, but I think it's the best album for a new listener to start with. their newer stuff is quite a bit heavier both in sound and in themes (to get a good idea of their current style, listen to the tracks Raise Your Banner, The Purge, and Ritual. content warning for heavy themes on their new tracks).

Eloy - honestly almost any album of theirs is great, but I'm especially fond of Dawn, Ocean, and The Tides Return Forever. some of their music has Christian themes, I've never had problems with this but it may sound preachy or overly gospel to some people so I'm just letting you know ahead of time. The Tides Return Forever has heavy Christian themes in the track Company Of Angels but its other tracks have no obvious religious themes, Ocean and Dawn are free from obvious religious themes.

Nightwish - Decades. is it cheating to suggest a compilation album? maybe, but I think listening to Decades is the best way to get an idea of their music. there are religious and heavy themes in some tracks, I've never had a problem with this myself but, again, just letting you ahead of time.
Within Temptation - The Silent Force. it's one of their older albums and their style has evolved a lot, but I think it's the best album for a new listener to start with. their newer stuff is quite a bit heavier both in sound and in themes (to get a good idea of their current style, listen to the tracks Raise Your Banner, The Purge, and Ritual. content warning for heavy themes on their new tracks).

Eloy - honestly almost any album of theirs is great, but I'm especially fond of Dawn, Ocean, and The Tides Return Forever. some of their music has Christian themes, I've never had problems with this but it may sound preachy or overly gospel to some people so I'm just letting you know ahead of time. The Tides Return Forever has heavy Christian themes in the track Company Of Angels but its other tracks have no obvious religious themes, Ocean and Dawn are free from obvious religious themes.

Nightwish - Decades. is it cheating to suggest a compilation album? maybe, but I think listening to Decades is the best way to get an idea of their music. there are religious and heavy themes in some tracks, I've never had a problem with this myself but, again, just letting you ahead of time.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
GREATEST SH[censored]TS BY UTSU-P!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE VOCALOID PRODUCER EVER. if you're into vocaloid or metal music at all you're gonna LOVE this... it's a sort of greatest hits collection with remastered versions of all the songs!!! my favorite songs specifically are unfortunate animals, black hole artist, and i thought i was an angel. love this guy. he also released a new album this year (HAPPYPILLS) and it's also amazing i highly recommend
GREATEST SH[censored]TS BY UTSU-P!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE VOCALOID PRODUCER EVER. if you're into vocaloid or metal music at all you're gonna LOVE this... it's a sort of greatest hits collection with remastered versions of all the songs!!! my favorite songs specifically are unfortunate animals, black hole artist, and i thought i was an angel. love this guy. he also released a new album this year (HAPPYPILLS) and it's also amazing i highly recommend
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
Big fan of The Soft Moon, he won my Spotify top played for several years, I'd say Zeros is probably one of my favorite albums, unfortunately Luis Vasquez (who was a multi-instramentalist, and the entire band when not performing) died a couple weeks ago so it's a bit depressing for me to listen to right now.

For a less depressing album: the darkwave album "Farewell" by Clan of Xymox has been rocking my playlist, especially the song "Courageous" which I can't spell on my own because of all the vowels, but is very cool.

BUT: (becuase I can't chill with talking about music fr lol)
If you want a recommendation of new music I will recommend this song:
final fantasy - voidtvin
which was released probably a week ago I think, it's in the breakcore genre and I can leave it on repeat for hours without getting bored because it is just so chill.
Big fan of The Soft Moon, he won my Spotify top played for several years, I'd say Zeros is probably one of my favorite albums, unfortunately Luis Vasquez (who was a multi-instramentalist, and the entire band when not performing) died a couple weeks ago so it's a bit depressing for me to listen to right now.

For a less depressing album: the darkwave album "Farewell" by Clan of Xymox has been rocking my playlist, especially the song "Courageous" which I can't spell on my own because of all the vowels, but is very cool.

BUT: (becuase I can't chill with talking about music fr lol)
If you want a recommendation of new music I will recommend this song:
final fantasy - voidtvin
which was released probably a week ago I think, it's in the breakcore genre and I can leave it on repeat for hours without getting bored because it is just so chill.
L5JRtTP.gif
just click on my profile i don't have the energy but i am believe me, normal about them
just click on my profile i don't have the energy but i am believe me, normal about them
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls!
These 3 albums, in this order. It's a delightful sequence of tsundere and homoerotically charged emo ridiculousness. (warning that the singer on DIYLF and TDIMIY is a disgusting and awful human being whom I don't support in any way, but songs good. links are to Invidious so no youtube royalties for you, you slimeball)

Escape the Fate - Dying Is Your Latest Fashion (one of the, if not THE, codifying albums of Scene as a concept)
Escape the Fate - This War Is Ours (first album with EtF after Craig's recruitment; establishes the sound they retain to this day)
Falling In Reverse - The Drug In Me Is You (Ronnie didn't take getting kicked out well, founded his own band, and dedicated their first album to being breakup songs about Escape the Fate, but really about his whatever-he-is-to-him, bassist Max Green. Trigger warning for abuse references in Pick Up The Phone; it's not relevant to the core theme of the album so you can skip it and Good Girls Bad Guys.)

BTdubstep, if you do listen to these and want to discuss them, my DMs are open and I also run an Escape the Fate / Falling In Reverse hub thread. They've been the hyperfixation for going on 2 years now.
These 3 albums, in this order. It's a delightful sequence of tsundere and homoerotically charged emo ridiculousness. (warning that the singer on DIYLF and TDIMIY is a disgusting and awful human being whom I don't support in any way, but songs good. links are to Invidious so no youtube royalties for you, you slimeball)

Escape the Fate - Dying Is Your Latest Fashion (one of the, if not THE, codifying albums of Scene as a concept)
Escape the Fate - This War Is Ours (first album with EtF after Craig's recruitment; establishes the sound they retain to this day)
Falling In Reverse - The Drug In Me Is You (Ronnie didn't take getting kicked out well, founded his own band, and dedicated their first album to being breakup songs about Escape the Fate, but really about his whatever-he-is-to-him, bassist Max Green. Trigger warning for abuse references in Pick Up The Phone; it's not relevant to the core theme of the album so you can skip it and Good Girls Bad Guys.)

BTdubstep, if you do listen to these and want to discuss them, my DMs are open and I also run an Escape the Fate / Falling In Reverse hub thread. They've been the hyperfixation for going on 2 years now.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
anything by roe kapara, ethan bortnick, or greenday
anything by roe kapara, ethan bortnick, or greenday
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
mlr1H8z.png
adopt by AspenCrow
wlryNhX.png
I love all of Starset's work, but here's their most recent album if you'd like to check it out!

And Les Friction's first album is also definitely one of my favorites!

Again, I love all of The Amazing Devil songs, but I think The Horror and the Wild is my favorite of their albums
I love all of Starset's work, but here's their most recent album if you'd like to check it out!

And Les Friction's first album is also definitely one of my favorites!

Again, I love all of The Amazing Devil songs, but I think The Horror and the Wild is my favorite of their albums
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
Oh I will NEVER pass up an opportunity to shout about The Crane Wives >:] They're my absolute favourite band, and honestly all their albums and singles are so darn good it's hard to pick a favourite! However, I think their Coyote Stories album is mostly likely the best introduction to their songs. I personally started with their Foxlore album, but I think Coyote Stories might be better for a first listen, and it also does have a lot of my favourite songs, so that's my suggestion! :D (Although if you enjoy their music I definitely recommend listening to all their albums haha, they're all really really good.)

And I also want to recommend the album The Much Much How How and I by Cosmo Sheldrake! Again, all his music is fantastic but that's definitely my favourite album. <3
Oh I will NEVER pass up an opportunity to shout about The Crane Wives >:] They're my absolute favourite band, and honestly all their albums and singles are so darn good it's hard to pick a favourite! However, I think their Coyote Stories album is mostly likely the best introduction to their songs. I personally started with their Foxlore album, but I think Coyote Stories might be better for a first listen, and it also does have a lot of my favourite songs, so that's my suggestion! :D (Although if you enjoy their music I definitely recommend listening to all their albums haha, they're all really really good.)

And I also want to recommend the album The Much Much How How and I by Cosmo Sheldrake! Again, all his music is fantastic but that's definitely my favourite album. <3
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
More an individual singer, but I absolutely adore AURORA and pretty much every song she's ever done. She's absolutely amazing. c:
More an individual singer, but I absolutely adore AURORA and pretty much every song she's ever done. She's absolutely amazing. c:
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
1 2 3 4 5 6