Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things that irrationally stress you out?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
driving :// i have my license but i still hate having to drive to places...especially where im from, we have A LOT of bad drivers
driving :// i have my license but i still hate having to drive to places...especially where im from, we have A LOT of bad drivers
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
That my current job is as bad as my previous job.

From a logical standpoint, I should be happy but I'm equally stressed .
That my current job is as bad as my previous job.

From a logical standpoint, I should be happy but I'm equally stressed .
HGXEPIM.gif
planes, spiders, loud noises, cars, crowds, people in general, phone calls (even if it's with a family member or someone i know), time, yelling, certain songs, also shots i guess? which is weird because i'm not afraid of needless, i get blood drawn a lot and i'm fine with it. but getting any type of shot/injections, no thanks. also hospitals. the hospital is like a second home that i hate being at >~<
planes, spiders, loud noises, cars, crowds, people in general, phone calls (even if it's with a family member or someone i know), time, yelling, certain songs, also shots i guess? which is weird because i'm not afraid of needless, i get blood drawn a lot and i'm fine with it. but getting any type of shot/injections, no thanks. also hospitals. the hospital is like a second home that i hate being at >~<
hi, i'm mazi
• young adult
• she/they
• kennel tech
• student for vet med
• engaged
• mommy x 4 ~ 1 in heaven, twins on earth and expecting rainbow babe 07.2023
When someone is neutral when talking to me. I feel like they are angry at me for some unknown reason.
When someone is neutral when talking to me. I feel like they are angry at me for some unknown reason.
rzrrjmF.gif
Oily textures and the smell of metal.
If I get oily stuff on my fingers it’s hard to wash off, looks weirdly shiny, feels weird and spreads to everything I touch. I NEED to get it off. I also hate oily skin, so I’m getting into skincare. At least something good came out of it! My skin honestly isn’t too oily but feeling even a small amount on my face can make me grimace.

And you know that smell when you touch cheap metal jewelry and you have that sharp smell on your fingers? I carry around scented hand sanitizer for that particular reason. I rarely wear rings because I hate the smell so much. This is also why I love leather bracelets more than regular ones.

Both of these things are very small but when they occur I have a REALLY strong desire to eradicate the issue that sometimes manifests as stress. I get very uncomfortable if I’m in a situation where I can’t take care of either problem. It’s really awkward to explain to people lol
Oily textures and the smell of metal.
If I get oily stuff on my fingers it’s hard to wash off, looks weirdly shiny, feels weird and spreads to everything I touch. I NEED to get it off. I also hate oily skin, so I’m getting into skincare. At least something good came out of it! My skin honestly isn’t too oily but feeling even a small amount on my face can make me grimace.

And you know that smell when you touch cheap metal jewelry and you have that sharp smell on your fingers? I carry around scented hand sanitizer for that particular reason. I rarely wear rings because I hate the smell so much. This is also why I love leather bracelets more than regular ones.

Both of these things are very small but when they occur I have a REALLY strong desire to eradicate the issue that sometimes manifests as stress. I get very uncomfortable if I’m in a situation where I can’t take care of either problem. It’s really awkward to explain to people lol
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Phone calls
Phone calls
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
Roaches. Can't stand 'em. Are they relatively harmless? Sure. Are they creepy as all get-out? ABSOLUTELY.

I used to regard spiders the same way, but I've been working on gradually reducing that fear over the last couple of years. I'm at a point now where I can see them outside and be completely unfazed and even curious enough to watch them. Inside, it's a different story.
Roaches. Can't stand 'em. Are they relatively harmless? Sure. Are they creepy as all get-out? ABSOLUTELY.

I used to regard spiders the same way, but I've been working on gradually reducing that fear over the last couple of years. I'm at a point now where I can see them outside and be completely unfazed and even curious enough to watch them. Inside, it's a different story.
Public transportation. But not for the [emoji=plague rune size=1] or generally being around a lot of people. But about it being late and messing up with my plans.
Public transportation. But not for the or generally being around a lot of people.

But about it being late and messing up with my plans.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
Anti-piracy warnings, error screens, and Disney FastPlay.

I think this started after my dad died because I had a dream where he was brought back to life by a DVD player I had that had a "no disc inserted" symbol that I thought looked like a skull around that age (which was six). But it could just be because I'm stressed out by being told things are somehow my fault. And also, my mom would also record stuff off of live tv and then give away the dvds to everyone. Maybe I'm this terrified of the guilt and crimes I committed? Sure, she didn't sell them, but then she wouldn't be worried at all about basically pirating stuff.

Before the anti-piracy trend happened, watching actual anti-piracy screens in games actually was a fun way to spook me, like a weird curiosity.

Also, Disney FastPlay fits into this because of the fight-or-flight response it gives you, and if you fail to act fast enough? Time to spend five minutes of ads you can skip but you can't because you couldn't find the friccin remote! I hate it! I don't even remember watching a lot of Disney dvds (I was never into Disney as others and mom liked recording stuff, of course. But I liked avoiding those dvds because the official ones were just...magical??).

Imagine being terrified to mess with your PlayStation in fear of a red screen of "YOUR DISC DOESN'T WORK PLEASE READ THE MANUAL." (It was either PS2 or GameCube).

I also have sound sensitivities and hearing a dog lick causes my brain to freak out and want to get rid of the sound no matter what. I despise that and its a good reason as to why I need to only keep cats in my life. Never dogs. I love dogs, though...

Also, mom supported me hoarding things as a kid, and now looking at my stuff stresses me out. I can't get rid of much either so it just sits there, stressing me out and making me feel uncomfortable. I needed to organize my room for months but I couldn't because the moment I try, the anxiety of stuff being placed in places and then never being moved and just sitting there, wasting space stressed me out to the point I can't even do it.
Anti-piracy warnings, error screens, and Disney FastPlay.

I think this started after my dad died because I had a dream where he was brought back to life by a DVD player I had that had a "no disc inserted" symbol that I thought looked like a skull around that age (which was six). But it could just be because I'm stressed out by being told things are somehow my fault. And also, my mom would also record stuff off of live tv and then give away the dvds to everyone. Maybe I'm this terrified of the guilt and crimes I committed? Sure, she didn't sell them, but then she wouldn't be worried at all about basically pirating stuff.

Before the anti-piracy trend happened, watching actual anti-piracy screens in games actually was a fun way to spook me, like a weird curiosity.

Also, Disney FastPlay fits into this because of the fight-or-flight response it gives you, and if you fail to act fast enough? Time to spend five minutes of ads you can skip but you can't because you couldn't find the friccin remote! I hate it! I don't even remember watching a lot of Disney dvds (I was never into Disney as others and mom liked recording stuff, of course. But I liked avoiding those dvds because the official ones were just...magical??).

Imagine being terrified to mess with your PlayStation in fear of a red screen of "YOUR DISC DOESN'T WORK PLEASE READ THE MANUAL." (It was either PS2 or GameCube).

I also have sound sensitivities and hearing a dog lick causes my brain to freak out and want to get rid of the sound no matter what. I despise that and its a good reason as to why I need to only keep cats in my life. Never dogs. I love dogs, though...

Also, mom supported me hoarding things as a kid, and now looking at my stuff stresses me out. I can't get rid of much either so it just sits there, stressing me out and making me feel uncomfortable. I needed to organize my room for months but I couldn't because the moment I try, the anxiety of stuff being placed in places and then never being moved and just sitting there, wasting space stressed me out to the point I can't even do it.
4xqaZpf.png
P2OauAq.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
-loud noises or if there are a jumble of noises going on at once
-when someone tries to tell me how I think or feel
-kids
-bugs in my house; especially spiders if I see any I don't sleep for the night
-phone calls
-driving
-drunk people
-small spaces