Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Animals You Wish You Could Keep
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
@WillaTheWitch I know, they're so cool! They're not all that expensive, sometimes even cheaper than ball pythons depending on where you get them. I usually don't like most hypo morphs on snakes, but bull snakes have really nice ones. Sonoran gopher snakes get really pretty. I wish I could get one so bad though I don't have the means right now. I just saw this little dude for $200 and my heart melted: [img]https://morphmarket-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/cache/5e/95/5e9584e7e3ee1f6206c00690d0856fbb.jpg[/img]
@WillaTheWitch
I know, they're so cool! They're not all that expensive, sometimes even cheaper than ball pythons depending on where you get them. I usually don't like most hypo morphs on snakes, but bull snakes have really nice ones. Sonoran gopher snakes get really pretty. I wish I could get one so bad though I don't have the means right now. I just saw this little dude for $200 and my heart melted:
5e9584e7e3ee1f6206c00690d0856fbb.jpg
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
@WillaTheWitch @Goodsprings Bullsnakes are super fun, the pituophis genus is one of my top two favorites to work with alongside drymarchon. They're one of the species I intend to get more of and possibly breed in a few years when I have the space. Sonoran gophers are great of course since they're pits too, but bulls are where it's at for me <3 Hope you don't mind me tossing in a pic of my baby bullsnake girl that I've been raising this year, any excuse to share photos: [img]https://i.imgur.com/YWBipxR.jpg[/img] (eta: i did name my banescales Drymarchon and Pituophis for a reason lol)
@WillaTheWitch @Goodsprings Bullsnakes are super fun, the pituophis genus is one of my top two favorites to work with alongside drymarchon. They're one of the species I intend to get more of and possibly breed in a few years when I have the space. Sonoran gophers are great of course since they're pits too, but bulls are where it's at for me <3

Hope you don't mind me tossing in a pic of my baby bullsnake girl that I've been raising this year, any excuse to share photos:

YWBipxR.jpg

(eta: i did name my banescales Drymarchon and Pituophis for a reason lol)
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
At least two horses, a few dogs, a calico cat, some tarantulas/bold jumping spiders (the white fuzzy kinds), a terrarium of insects, a couple of birds-pigeons, mourning doves, a sugar glider, kiwi birds if possible, several koi fish, chickens, some small mini pigs, and a few miniature cows. I just really like pets, and I've always pictured myself with a bunch of them if I ever get any.
At least two horses, a few dogs, a calico cat, some tarantulas/bold jumping spiders (the white fuzzy kinds), a terrarium of insects, a couple of birds-pigeons, mourning doves, a sugar glider, kiwi birds if possible, several koi fish, chickens, some small mini pigs, and a few miniature cows. I just really like pets, and I've always pictured myself with a bunch of them if I ever get any.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
15 cats. 5 birds, idk which ones but one is DEF an owl. a smol fox to keep me company, and ferrets seem pretty cool.
15 cats. 5 birds, idk which ones but one is DEF an owl. a smol fox to keep me company, and ferrets seem pretty cool.
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
@Saccharine
What a handsome snake! I have a rosy boa and a corn snake right now.

@BreezingWinds
I have two tarantulas currently. My younger one molted this past Friday, which is very exciting! I can recommend several great species and provide a care sheet if you ever need one.

Pigs are wonderful, but in all honesty, I cannot recommend them to anyone who isn't made of pure steel and infinite patience, because they will test you constantly and you don't want to have sensitive neighbors. My oldest took two years to potty train, wrecked my carpet, screamed constantly for the first six months of her life (sounded like a person getting murdered, lol), and my younger gal is an outside resident because she ripped off cabinet doors, tore carpet, and ate everything. She's around a 100 lbs and still growing, and can flip over a couch with her snout.

However, if you are tough enough, they are the best friends you will ever have! Be warned though, they're never small. Any breeder that guarantee a piglet to top out at anything less than 100 lbs is lying. Any pig under 300 lbs is considered a mini pig, and it's impossible to determine how large they'll be when they stop growing.

Sorry for the rant. I see so many pigs rehomed and sent to rescues because folks think they're easier than they are. Piggy education is a passion of mine!
@Saccharine
What a handsome snake! I have a rosy boa and a corn snake right now.

@BreezingWinds
I have two tarantulas currently. My younger one molted this past Friday, which is very exciting! I can recommend several great species and provide a care sheet if you ever need one.

Pigs are wonderful, but in all honesty, I cannot recommend them to anyone who isn't made of pure steel and infinite patience, because they will test you constantly and you don't want to have sensitive neighbors. My oldest took two years to potty train, wrecked my carpet, screamed constantly for the first six months of her life (sounded like a person getting murdered, lol), and my younger gal is an outside resident because she ripped off cabinet doors, tore carpet, and ate everything. She's around a 100 lbs and still growing, and can flip over a couch with her snout.

However, if you are tough enough, they are the best friends you will ever have! Be warned though, they're never small. Any breeder that guarantee a piglet to top out at anything less than 100 lbs is lying. Any pig under 300 lbs is considered a mini pig, and it's impossible to determine how large they'll be when they stop growing.

Sorry for the rant. I see so many pigs rehomed and sent to rescues because folks think they're easier than they are. Piggy education is a passion of mine!
@WillaTheWitch normally I am okay/neutral with chickens, but... omg all of yours. They have so much personality xD And I love their names!!! Especially Eyebrows LOL

@Saccharine SHEISSOCUTEILOVEHER

@WillaTheWitch how is keeping a tarantula? My husband wants one or two at... some point in the future.

Oh god, I want so many. Legit would run a petting zoo and an actual zoo and a conservation effort if it was up to my dreams.

Pythons are my current intense want right now, and I know they're able to be kept as pets; my husband and I just can't really afford one yet. And I wanna make sure it has a good home. Right now we're happy with our two kitties and one pupper xD

Other animals I'd love... more realistically, bearded dragons. Rats. Pigs. Bunnies. Birbs, probably canaries. Axlotls. I miss having fish. Probably would go for two tanks, on fresh water and one salt water. Horses, specifically a Clydesdale, if I wasn't too scared to ride them. (I'm a 4'10 adult, no more growing for me, and they are HUGE).

Less realistically... wolves. Foxes, especially the arctic foxes. Lions. Alligators. Komodo dragons. Bears. Elephants. Penguins. There's a lot xD

@WillaTheWitch normally I am okay/neutral with chickens, but... omg all of yours. They have so much personality xD And I love their names!!! Especially Eyebrows LOL

@Saccharine SHEISSOCUTEILOVEHER

@WillaTheWitch how is keeping a tarantula? My husband wants one or two at... some point in the future.

Oh god, I want so many. Legit would run a petting zoo and an actual zoo and a conservation effort if it was up to my dreams.

Pythons are my current intense want right now, and I know they're able to be kept as pets; my husband and I just can't really afford one yet. And I wanna make sure it has a good home. Right now we're happy with our two kitties and one pupper xD

Other animals I'd love... more realistically, bearded dragons. Rats. Pigs. Bunnies. Birbs, probably canaries. Axlotls. I miss having fish. Probably would go for two tanks, on fresh water and one salt water. Horses, specifically a Clydesdale, if I wasn't too scared to ride them. (I'm a 4'10 adult, no more growing for me, and they are HUGE).

Less realistically... wolves. Foxes, especially the arctic foxes. Lions. Alligators. Komodo dragons. Bears. Elephants. Penguins. There's a lot xD

y4B7Hb2.png

My humble hatchery~

Check out my art shop!
syh7fEG.png
@monochrose
It's like not having a pet at all and for most species, the husbandry is incredibly easy. I spend maybe 5 minutes a week on my two, and most of that is just checking in them. They don't need space, heating, or special care outside of water and occasional feedings.
@monochrose
It's like not having a pet at all and for most species, the husbandry is incredibly easy. I spend maybe 5 minutes a week on my two, and most of that is just checking in them. They don't need space, heating, or special care outside of water and occasional feedings.
@WillaTheWitch oh wow! I expected them to take a lot more work. How is their temperament? I know that they're not like... inherently aggressive & are actually pretty chill for how scary they look. But my husband would like to have some he could pick up and chill with. I'm just not sure how good of an idea that would be xD
@WillaTheWitch oh wow! I expected them to take a lot more work. How is their temperament? I know that they're not like... inherently aggressive & are actually pretty chill for how scary they look. But my husband would like to have some he could pick up and chill with. I'm just not sure how good of an idea that would be xD
y4B7Hb2.png

My humble hatchery~

Check out my art shop!
syh7fEG.png
@Monochrose
They're more stupid than any animal you'll ever find. You cannot form bonds with them, nor play with them, and general temperament depends on the species and individual. You're right though, they're not so much aggressive as defensive. I do not recommend handling as well, because they're extremely fragile, and a fall of even a few inches can be enough to injure or kill most terrestrial species. The arboreal species are a bit tougher but it's not a chance I would ever take. Not a great display pet either. Some burrow their whole lives. Some never do. Just luck of the draw!
@Monochrose
They're more stupid than any animal you'll ever find. You cannot form bonds with them, nor play with them, and general temperament depends on the species and individual. You're right though, they're not so much aggressive as defensive. I do not recommend handling as well, because they're extremely fragile, and a fall of even a few inches can be enough to injure or kill most terrestrial species. The arboreal species are a bit tougher but it's not a chance I would ever take. Not a great display pet either. Some burrow their whole lives. Some never do. Just luck of the draw!
Just owls. A whole mansion filled with owls.
Just owls. A whole mansion filled with owls.
tumblr_o8bdqi2D0C1tddvg0o2_1280.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13