Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your comfort item?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Whenever I feel stressed or 'bottled up' I hug my giant red panda stuffed animal and cry into it. It's the only comfort item I've ever had.
Whenever I feel stressed or 'bottled up' I hug my giant red panda stuffed animal and cry into it. It's the only comfort item I've ever had.
It's more of the sensation of a weighted blanket than a specific blanket, though for the last few years I've had a queen-sized fleece sun blanket. Multiple comforters works as well.
It's more of the sensation of a weighted blanket than a specific blanket, though for the last few years I've had a queen-sized fleece sun blanket. Multiple comforters works as well.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
My lobster stuffed animal. Anytime I feel sad or angry or I just can't sleep, I talk to my lobster about my problems and such because it helps me air things out instead of bottling things up.
My lobster stuffed animal. Anytime I feel sad or angry or I just can't sleep, I talk to my lobster about my problems and such because it helps me air things out instead of bottling things up.
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/8a/81/348a81b00b365975feb54c10499695c6.jpg[/img] My comfort item is a very worn 1980s pacman toy I've had since I was born. His hands have knitted gloves because they started to fall apart, one eye is broken in half and the loop on his head has been replaced twice. The writing on his shirt has worn off and his fur is flat and bobbled. He's also been partially restuffed with cotton due to torn seams and lost beany/seedy filling. Even though I'm in my 30s now I still love that battered wee boy.
348a81b00b365975feb54c10499695c6.jpg

My comfort item is a very worn 1980s pacman toy I've had since I was born. His hands have knitted gloves because they started to fall apart, one eye is broken in half and the loop on his head has been replaced twice. The writing on his shirt has worn off and his fur is flat and bobbled. He's also been partially restuffed with cotton due to torn seams and lost beany/seedy filling.

Even though I'm in my 30s now I still love that battered wee boy.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
A small ramen bowl plush with a face on it
A small ramen bowl plush with a face on it
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
I have a Doctor Who tassel blanket. Ever since I was a toddler (I'm told), I've been playing with the tassels as a self-soothing behavior. I sorta run them between my fingers, which also means the tassels get super stretched out. [img] https://i.imgur.com/m69jmQ4.jpg[/img] I've done it subconsciously before too. I was at my girlfriend's house and she had a tassel blanket. When I was about to leave, she stopped me and pointed at the tassels: They'd already gotten stretched just from a couple hours lol EDIT: I haven't had the Doctor Who blanket since I was a toddler, I've had multiple tassel blankets over the years. This one is the current.
I have a Doctor Who tassel blanket. Ever since I was a toddler (I'm told), I've been playing with the tassels as a self-soothing behavior. I sorta run them between my fingers, which also means the tassels get super stretched out.

m69jmQ4.jpg

I've done it subconsciously before too. I was at my girlfriend's house and she had a tassel blanket. When I was about to leave, she stopped me and pointed at the tassels: They'd already gotten stretched just from a couple hours lol

EDIT: I haven't had the Doctor Who blanket since I was a toddler, I've had multiple tassel blankets over the years. This one is the current.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
my comfort item is this lifesized wolf plush named perry. he sits by my bed every night and he's always there for me <3
my comfort item is this lifesized wolf plush named perry. he sits by my bed every night and he's always there for me <3
It's not something fluffy or old, but my comfort item is my e-reader. When life gets to be too much I just snuggle into bed, start reading, and I feel a whole lot better.
It's not something fluffy or old, but my comfort item is my e-reader. When life gets to be too much I just snuggle into bed, start reading, and I feel a whole lot better.
these [img]https://i.postimg.cc/hjNFB9ft/D5015376-CDA8-4933-A24-F-511-AC7-BD8192.jpg[/img] the puppy's name is coffee
these

D5015376-CDA8-4933-A24-F-511-AC7-BD8192.jpg

the puppy's name is coffee
BBA05-EC1-29-DC-44-D7-9431-EED8-EB90-BBC6.gif
MIDNIGHT LOOMING, TRAPPED BY DESPERATION TO REMAIN
My Green Lantern ring. I carry it everywhere, though not always wearing it. If I start having an anxiety attack or just get nervous, my hand goes into my pocket and I either simply hold it or slip it on my finger and start mentally reciting the Green Lantern Corps oath over and over while envisioning a translucent green energy bubble protecting me.

I know how silly it sounds, but it helps me calm down, or at least keep from breaking down until I'm somewhere I feel comfortable.
My Green Lantern ring. I carry it everywhere, though not always wearing it. If I start having an anxiety attack or just get nervous, my hand goes into my pocket and I either simply hold it or slip it on my finger and start mentally reciting the Green Lantern Corps oath over and over while envisioning a translucent green energy bubble protecting me.

I know how silly it sounds, but it helps me calm down, or at least keep from breaking down until I'm somewhere I feel comfortable.
Formerly known as Brenning.
1 2 3 4 5 6