Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your comfort item?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="VenomousSwan" date="2020-03-21 05:15:58" ] Do real living n breathing animals count? Because if they do, then my cats. Definitely my cats. [/quote] This. I used to have a hard time sleeping if my cats weren't in the mood to sleep on my bed. Within the past five years or so one of my cats has developed the habit of sleep-cuddling under the blankets, so if I'm feeling off then I need to hold something to sleep (or if it's too hot to hold a fluffy animal with a natural body temperature of 100 degrees F :P)
VenomousSwan wrote on 2020-03-21 05:15:58:
Do real living n breathing animals count? Because if they do, then my cats. Definitely my cats.

This. I used to have a hard time sleeping if my cats weren't in the mood to sleep on my bed. Within the past five years or so one of my cats has developed the habit of sleep-cuddling under the blankets, so if I'm feeling off then I need to hold something to sleep (or if it's too hot to hold a fluffy animal with a natural body temperature of 100 degrees F :P)
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
i've got these two pens, one with pikachu all over it and the other is a kingdom hearts one with a tiny funko pop sora on top. just holding either makes me feel a bit better when i'm down ;w; they're fun to draw with too which also helps me calm down, but i also worry they'll run out of ink soon, and i dont know if i can refill them haha
i've got these two pens, one with pikachu all over it and the other is a kingdom hearts one with a tiny funko pop sora on top. just holding either makes me feel a bit better when i'm down ;w; they're fun to draw with too which also helps me calm down, but i also worry they'll run out of ink soon, and i dont know if i can refill them haha
CAszu6o.png clai/mordecai/aether
fae/they
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fqG5KmE.png
My comfort items are a pair of plushies that I snuggle whenever I'm afraid... except now they're smelly from fear sweat because I had them with me for two emergency hospital visits that resulted in surgeries, and I needed to send them out to get washed by someone who knows how to do such things properly. Can't safely do that now. :( Haven't developed a new comfort item yet but I suppose I'll have to, in time.
My comfort items are a pair of plushies that I snuggle whenever I'm afraid... except now they're smelly from fear sweat because I had them with me for two emergency hospital visits that resulted in surgeries, and I needed to send them out to get washed by someone who knows how to do such things properly. Can't safely do that now. :( Haven't developed a new comfort item yet but I suppose I'll have to, in time.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
*breath in* ... My plushies
*breath in* ... My plushies
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
My Bulbasaur plush I've had for like 7 years now ;;
My Bulbasaur plush I've had for like 7 years now ;;
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
rLSiosd.png
n3XdSHq.png
dEe2UrM.png
m0OgmQP.png
BMbHYAh.png

tumblr_inline_n6kdviAEBO1qlye38.gif
unknown.png
My comfort item isn't one item it's many. When I can't sleep because of stress I make a nest (with all the pillows, blankets and soft sweatshirts I own) and it calms me down when everything is in the right place and then I sleep in it. Sometimes it's on my bed, sometimes on the ground but yeah

I nest when I'm stressed out

Im heckin weird y'all
My comfort item isn't one item it's many. When I can't sleep because of stress I make a nest (with all the pillows, blankets and soft sweatshirts I own) and it calms me down when everything is in the right place and then I sleep in it. Sometimes it's on my bed, sometimes on the ground but yeah

I nest when I'm stressed out

Im heckin weird y'all
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
I have this giant red and yellow lizard, named Larry, that I cuddle with every night he looks mean and disgruntled for a plushie but he's always brought me joy and good naps!
I have this giant red and yellow lizard, named Larry, that I cuddle with every night he looks mean and disgruntled for a plushie but he's always brought me joy and good naps!
irjPdAT.png
My blanket that I've had since the age of 6. It's old and worn, but it's still fluffy in some parts, and I love to hug it when I'm anxious.
My blanket that I've had since the age of 6. It's old and worn, but it's still fluffy in some parts, and I love to hug it when I'm anxious.
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
When I'm specifically in my bedroom, I have a "chewie blanket" I've had since before I can remember. It's called chewie because, well, I chewed it. I've grown out of that phase now, but I still have it as one of the sheets on my bed.

When I'm out and about, I have this plushie called Spike (though I found out recently his real name was Scorch), who fits easily into my bag. I like to carry him around when I'm at home / just with friends, and occasionally if I get lost. He has this cute little tongue that I've developed the habit of fiddling with for comfort.

Finally, not really a physical thing: my imaginary friend, Dennis the Dragon. I don't really imagine him as much as I used to, however if I start getting irrationality afraid when I'm trying to sleep, or I've just woken up from a nightmare, I like to imagine him snuggled up on my chest or back.

That's about it for my comfort items. I've noticed from reading this thread that people seem to have a lot of similar comforts: there's a lot of plushies and comforters being mentioned!

Edit: oh wow this got long quick haha
When I'm specifically in my bedroom, I have a "chewie blanket" I've had since before I can remember. It's called chewie because, well, I chewed it. I've grown out of that phase now, but I still have it as one of the sheets on my bed.

When I'm out and about, I have this plushie called Spike (though I found out recently his real name was Scorch), who fits easily into my bag. I like to carry him around when I'm at home / just with friends, and occasionally if I get lost. He has this cute little tongue that I've developed the habit of fiddling with for comfort.

Finally, not really a physical thing: my imaginary friend, Dennis the Dragon. I don't really imagine him as much as I used to, however if I start getting irrationality afraid when I'm trying to sleep, or I've just woken up from a nightmare, I like to imagine him snuggled up on my chest or back.

That's about it for my comfort items. I've noticed from reading this thread that people seem to have a lot of similar comforts: there's a lot of plushies and comforters being mentioned!

Edit: oh wow this got long quick haha
Waystone3.gif
my dog and my stuffed pig
my dog and my stuffed pig
jyIIBkp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6