Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stupid Phobias
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
Anyone else have any insanely stupid, unexplainable phobias? Mine is elevators ;-;
Anyone else have any insanely stupid, unexplainable phobias? Mine is elevators ;-;
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Phones. I go into a panic attack every time I'm talking to anybody for over a minute. I don't even like having a cell...I named it 'Clown' because my parents didn't understand my phonaphonia. Why?

Also afraid of clowns. /shudders
Phones. I go into a panic attack every time I'm talking to anybody for over a minute. I don't even like having a cell...I named it 'Clown' because my parents didn't understand my phonaphonia. Why?

Also afraid of clowns. /shudders
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Being afraid of elevators is not stupid. Elevators can possess a real danger is it's not in good shape. Many phobias make complete sense even if they seem really useless. I have acrophobia and scopophobia. Acrophoba is the fear of heights which being in high places can pose a threat to your health by falling off. Scopophobia is the fear of being watched and this fear helps aid you such as avoiding specific ambushes and such. It's kinda hard for me to explain it. Googling it may give you better information on phobias.
Being afraid of elevators is not stupid. Elevators can possess a real danger is it's not in good shape. Many phobias make complete sense even if they seem really useless. I have acrophobia and scopophobia. Acrophoba is the fear of heights which being in high places can pose a threat to your health by falling off. Scopophobia is the fear of being watched and this fear helps aid you such as avoiding specific ambushes and such. It's kinda hard for me to explain it. Googling it may give you better information on phobias.
Balloons popping.
Balloons popping.
I have altocelarophobia, fear of high ceilings. How bad I get it depends on lots of things - whether the ceiling is flat or domed, how big the room is, how glossy the floor is.
I have altocelarophobia, fear of high ceilings. How bad I get it depends on lots of things - whether the ceiling is flat or domed, how big the room is, how glossy the floor is.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
I'm afraid of horses. :(
I'm afraid of horses. :(
I'm terrified of dolls with realistic eyes (porcelain,American Girl,pulip ect)

i collect dolls, that's the sad thing.
I'm terrified of dolls with realistic eyes (porcelain,American Girl,pulip ect)

i collect dolls, that's the sad thing.
Elevators, bridges and crane flies. D:
Elevators, bridges and crane flies. D:
@AbyssFox:

Some of my stupid/weird fears are getting my hair burned off by fire/seeing other people's hair get burned off by fire, dead fish, and high ceilings.

Now let me explain why those all make complete sense.

Dead fish fear came from when I picked up a fish head on the beach by mistake as a kid. I just find dead fish really creepy looking, what with the wide eyes and the slumping bodies...they're just gross. I'm better with it now, but it still makes me feel weird looking at one.

High ceilings is something I probably got from my dad, since he also has this fear. It's not even a fear so much as a sensory thing. If I'm in a room with a high ceiling, if I look up at the ceiling, it makes me feel a weird feeling, like I'm being crushed, and I hate it. It gets me really nervous and sometimes I have to just get out of the room or cling to the arm of my mom to get over it. I've even got a habit of nervously glancing up at ceilings that aren't necessarily really high, but high enough that my brain isn't certain as to whether it's too much for me or not.

The fire thing has to do with movies, really. Y'know that thing where a character's hair gets burned off, usually as a joke? Yeah, I hate that. It looks so gross, and I really hate burns, and I'm super protective of my hair. (Specifically, I got this fear from Open Season 2, during a scene where this poodle gets zapped and it looks like its fur is being burned slowly by pink acid. It's stupid, I know, but it looks really, really creepy and I can't imagine why the animators thought it was a good idea.) So those kinds of scenes in films freak me out, and I have to look away sometimes if I know a scene like that is coming up or I'm afraid one might come up. Thankfully, I've never seen anything like this happen in real life, and I hope I never have to. *shudder* (I'm also kind of nervous/super cautious around fire because of this, but I guess that's a good thing.)

@Amazonite: It has a name? Wow, I didn't know that that fear was even recognized! *high-fives*
@AbyssFox:

Some of my stupid/weird fears are getting my hair burned off by fire/seeing other people's hair get burned off by fire, dead fish, and high ceilings.

Now let me explain why those all make complete sense.

Dead fish fear came from when I picked up a fish head on the beach by mistake as a kid. I just find dead fish really creepy looking, what with the wide eyes and the slumping bodies...they're just gross. I'm better with it now, but it still makes me feel weird looking at one.

High ceilings is something I probably got from my dad, since he also has this fear. It's not even a fear so much as a sensory thing. If I'm in a room with a high ceiling, if I look up at the ceiling, it makes me feel a weird feeling, like I'm being crushed, and I hate it. It gets me really nervous and sometimes I have to just get out of the room or cling to the arm of my mom to get over it. I've even got a habit of nervously glancing up at ceilings that aren't necessarily really high, but high enough that my brain isn't certain as to whether it's too much for me or not.

The fire thing has to do with movies, really. Y'know that thing where a character's hair gets burned off, usually as a joke? Yeah, I hate that. It looks so gross, and I really hate burns, and I'm super protective of my hair. (Specifically, I got this fear from Open Season 2, during a scene where this poodle gets zapped and it looks like its fur is being burned slowly by pink acid. It's stupid, I know, but it looks really, really creepy and I can't imagine why the animators thought it was a good idea.) So those kinds of scenes in films freak me out, and I have to look away sometimes if I know a scene like that is coming up or I'm afraid one might come up. Thankfully, I've never seen anything like this happen in real life, and I hope I never have to. *shudder* (I'm also kind of nervous/super cautious around fire because of this, but I guess that's a good thing.)

@Amazonite: It has a name? Wow, I didn't know that that fear was even recognized! *high-fives*
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
Balloons flying away or popping, I'm also afraid of the woods, or any forest like area... Though that one has more of a reason then the first.
Balloons flying away or popping, I'm also afraid of the woods, or any forest like area... Though that one has more of a reason then the first.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25