Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stupid Phobias
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
I have minor Trypophobia, the fear of holes or clusters of holes. Thankfully mine isn't panic worthy and its very specific to certain kinds of clusters... I just get a lil' nauseous.

Some of the worst offenders are things like irl honeycomb, barnacles, and lotus seed pods. In middle school close ups of people's iris used to bother me a lot to the point where i'd feel the urge to claw at my own eyes. Thankfully its gotten a lot better! :^o

I'm also extremely afraid of heights!! I can barely look out the window of a tall building without freaking out. As a result i hate escalators, elevators, stairs, and roller coasters. Recently I watched some people bungee jump on tv and i actually teared up at the thought lmao
I have minor Trypophobia, the fear of holes or clusters of holes. Thankfully mine isn't panic worthy and its very specific to certain kinds of clusters... I just get a lil' nauseous.

Some of the worst offenders are things like irl honeycomb, barnacles, and lotus seed pods. In middle school close ups of people's iris used to bother me a lot to the point where i'd feel the urge to claw at my own eyes. Thankfully its gotten a lot better! :^o

I'm also extremely afraid of heights!! I can barely look out the window of a tall building without freaking out. As a result i hate escalators, elevators, stairs, and roller coasters. Recently I watched some people bungee jump on tv and i actually teared up at the thought lmao
my small bf...he is so tiny
tumblr_inline_nst2i1xvxx1qlvtqq_250.png
I'm absolutely terrified of mannequins and dolls
[ shudders ]

I also have trypophobia, though mine is based solely with clusters of holes in human bodies or in the skin. Which I don't see very often at all, thankfully.
I'm absolutely terrified of mannequins and dolls
[ shudders ]

I also have trypophobia, though mine is based solely with clusters of holes in human bodies or in the skin. Which I don't see very often at all, thankfully.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
My fear of rubber balloons popping, my family knows this and randomly chase me with them.... ' to get rid of my fear'. I'm pretty sure its cuz they think its hilarious that I run away from balloons.

Another fear that isn't that silly but a little weird is fear of hot things, that fear came from getting burned too many times as a kid. The wierd part is I'm not afraid of fire, I actually play with dire constantly. Just afraid of hot things like boiling water,hot pans , those salon hair dryers and hot tubs.
My fear of rubber balloons popping, my family knows this and randomly chase me with them.... ' to get rid of my fear'. I'm pretty sure its cuz they think its hilarious that I run away from balloons.

Another fear that isn't that silly but a little weird is fear of hot things, that fear came from getting burned too many times as a kid. The wierd part is I'm not afraid of fire, I actually play with dire constantly. Just afraid of hot things like boiling water,hot pans , those salon hair dryers and hot tubs.
Oye
sloths. i can't look at sloths without being thrown into a panic and i have no idea why.
also heights and waking up during a surgery but i think those are more common.
sloths. i can't look at sloths without being thrown into a panic and i have no idea why.
also heights and waking up during a surgery but i think those are more common.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
@AbyssFox

I'm not afraid of heights so much as free-falling. I hate the surge of adrenaline.

I'm afraid of seaweed, but only when I'm in the water with it floating by. I once got stuck on a bodyboard over a very large seafloor-to-surface kelpbed. I skimmed the water's surface only enough to get my arse out of there, lmao.

Also, two of my best guy friends who roam in separate social circles have a phobia of snails. Like, squeal and get chased into the bathroom fearful. I am the self-designated snail removalist, lol.
@AbyssFox

I'm not afraid of heights so much as free-falling. I hate the surge of adrenaline.

I'm afraid of seaweed, but only when I'm in the water with it floating by. I once got stuck on a bodyboard over a very large seafloor-to-surface kelpbed. I skimmed the water's surface only enough to get my arse out of there, lmao.

Also, two of my best guy friends who roam in separate social circles have a phobia of snails. Like, squeal and get chased into the bathroom fearful. I am the self-designated snail removalist, lol.
tumblr_inline_n6kdviAEBO1qlye38.gif
Hearing clock alarms on the television. It doesn't necessarily scare me, it just makes me extremely uncomfortable, like nails on a chalkboard.

I don't have a fear of heights, but I have an /extreme/ fear of falling. It gets very bad at times, so bad that sometimes it's hard to move.

Also hospitals and nursing homes. Hotels make me uncomfortable, too.
Hearing clock alarms on the television. It doesn't necessarily scare me, it just makes me extremely uncomfortable, like nails on a chalkboard.

I don't have a fear of heights, but I have an /extreme/ fear of falling. It gets very bad at times, so bad that sometimes it's hard to move.

Also hospitals and nursing homes. Hotels make me uncomfortable, too.

[ evan - any pronouns - 22 ]
[ just an artist who loves video games ]
[ a total sucker for villains ]
[ familiar collector ]

I dislike elevators but it's not a phobia. I am deathly scared of spiders. Like, hysterical crying if they scuttle at me kind of fear. Eeeugh.
I dislike elevators but it's not a phobia. I am deathly scared of spiders. Like, hysterical crying if they scuttle at me kind of fear. Eeeugh.
I'm really freaked out by certain bugs. Most notably are bed bugs and stink bugs. I've had nightmares about them.

The bed bug thing got worse when I lived by myself this past year and had a scare that I had them in my apartment. I had a skin condition that put red patches on my skin and looked like bed bug bites, though it was confirmed by a doctor that it was a viral condition, and not bugs. I still spent a lot of money to buy those "bed bug proof" covers for my mattress and all my pillows lol.

I can't even be in the same room with stink bugs. I was cleaning out a bookcase a few days ago and accidentally touched a dead one. I immediately had to go scrub my hands and wouldn't come back in the room until my mom threw it away lol

oddly enough i have no issue with spiders.
I'm really freaked out by certain bugs. Most notably are bed bugs and stink bugs. I've had nightmares about them.

The bed bug thing got worse when I lived by myself this past year and had a scare that I had them in my apartment. I had a skin condition that put red patches on my skin and looked like bed bug bites, though it was confirmed by a doctor that it was a viral condition, and not bugs. I still spent a lot of money to buy those "bed bug proof" covers for my mattress and all my pillows lol.

I can't even be in the same room with stink bugs. I was cleaning out a bookcase a few days ago and accidentally touched a dead one. I immediately had to go scrub my hands and wouldn't come back in the room until my mom threw it away lol

oddly enough i have no issue with spiders.
image.gif
FR+3
I used to be Naaru
wishlist
I am terrified of crustaceans. Looking at pictures of them makes me nervous. If people talk about them I get more nervous. If I see one on the beach I start to scream and just flee. Thinking about this makes me nervous.

I love the beach. :(

I am terrified of crustaceans. Looking at pictures of them makes me nervous. If people talk about them I get more nervous. If I see one on the beach I start to scream and just flee. Thinking about this makes me nervous.

I love the beach. :(

tihutbH.png
  • pigeon
  • they/them
  • FR + 3
  • writer
9rrl5qq.png XSFahtL.png kwqfmF8.png
I have a bad case of Nyctophobia, or fear of the dark. This is suppressed when I have anything living (that I know of) in the dark, as well as talking out loud to myself. I can never see a horror movie because of the phobia. Even reading something only somewhat dark makes me wary.

And after getting hundreds of mosquito bites and scars all over my body, I daresay I'm afraid of mosquitoes too :) Well I like killing them, but I'm just afraid of their species.

I have a bad case of Nyctophobia, or fear of the dark. This is suppressed when I have anything living (that I know of) in the dark, as well as talking out loud to myself. I can never see a horror movie because of the phobia. Even reading something only somewhat dark makes me wary.

And after getting hundreds of mosquito bites and scars all over my body, I daresay I'm afraid of mosquitoes too :) Well I like killing them, but I'm just afraid of their species.

87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25