Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stupid Phobias
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
Long list ahoy!

Phones - specially TALKING, I get super anxious to make and receive calls ;3;

Small spiders - only small spiders scare me. If it can fit on top my pinkie finger nail with room to spare, it's a no no for me! Tarantulas just make me giggle though. Also spider webs are the bane of my existence.

Balloons - I can tolerate being near them, but as soon as it seems that one would blow up/come too close, I flee the scene.

Elevators - I just. ugh .__. been stuck in them few times, and now our apartment building has misbehaving elevator too.

Eyes - This only goes for human eyes. Anything else is fine, but I can't look at close-ups of human eyes, let alone the pupil. I don't know why this came to be, but I just get the shivers even when thinking about them.

Trypophobia - Be it tiny cluster of holes or one big man-hole, I just can't handle them very well.

Mannequins, Dolls and those Cardboard people at malls - I can usually avoid the first two with ease, but the last one is impossible as they are so popular everywhere here. Thankfully I have finally learned not to start screaming/crying when ever I get "surprised" by one in stores. they are most of the time placed between clothing racks/sections and behind corners.

Water - I despise swimming, even if the water is crystal clear. I don't even know how to swim very well so that won't make it any easier. I get made fun of/laughed at a lot by adults when ever they ask why I won't go swimming/enjoy being near water.

/phew that was a lot to get off of my chest. It really helps listing these stuffs, and seeing others with same fears!
Long list ahoy!

Phones - specially TALKING, I get super anxious to make and receive calls ;3;

Small spiders - only small spiders scare me. If it can fit on top my pinkie finger nail with room to spare, it's a no no for me! Tarantulas just make me giggle though. Also spider webs are the bane of my existence.

Balloons - I can tolerate being near them, but as soon as it seems that one would blow up/come too close, I flee the scene.

Elevators - I just. ugh .__. been stuck in them few times, and now our apartment building has misbehaving elevator too.

Eyes - This only goes for human eyes. Anything else is fine, but I can't look at close-ups of human eyes, let alone the pupil. I don't know why this came to be, but I just get the shivers even when thinking about them.

Trypophobia - Be it tiny cluster of holes or one big man-hole, I just can't handle them very well.

Mannequins, Dolls and those Cardboard people at malls - I can usually avoid the first two with ease, but the last one is impossible as they are so popular everywhere here. Thankfully I have finally learned not to start screaming/crying when ever I get "surprised" by one in stores. they are most of the time placed between clothing racks/sections and behind corners.

Water - I despise swimming, even if the water is crystal clear. I don't even know how to swim very well so that won't make it any easier. I get made fun of/laughed at a lot by adults when ever they ask why I won't go swimming/enjoy being near water.

/phew that was a lot to get off of my chest. It really helps listing these stuffs, and seeing others with same fears!
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Phone calls, I've had phones for 3 years now and my total call life is 7 minutes.

Also the ocean. I'm fine with most water but the ocean freaks me out and I just can't go in it,

Phone calls, I've had phones for 3 years now and my total call life is 7 minutes.

Also the ocean. I'm fine with most water but the ocean freaks me out and I just can't go in it,

E559-D5-F4-C662-4-D52-8-B3-A-61895-A43-D993.png
Bridges & falling and hitting my teeth ; A ;
Bridges & falling and hitting my teeth ; A ;
wel im afraid not of the dark but of there being someone in the dark
wel im afraid not of the dark but of there being someone in the dark
jhDZb.gif yvRwk.gif
oh gosh i am TERRIFIED of dolls and mannequins and the like. i literally cannot be in the same room as them ugh. even pictures freak me out

i also am afraid of large fish, especially dead ones
oh gosh i am TERRIFIED of dolls and mannequins and the like. i literally cannot be in the same room as them ugh. even pictures freak me out

i also am afraid of large fish, especially dead ones
unknown.png
I've got a few:

heights(anything higher than say, 8 feet)

clowns( watched "It" when I was young. It messed me up for a while)

snakes( ALL OF THEM)

spiders(ALL OF THEM)

lizards(the small ones, anoles. I think iguanas and other big lizards are pretty neat)

mannequins/dolls( not exactly afraid of them, they just unnerve me)

small children. (babies especially terrify me)

cranes/herons. (Bit of a funny story with this one. I was walking home from school one day, and this house that I passed had a blue heron standing on the edge of the lawn.(It was completely still) I thought it was like one of them plastic flamingos, but this was a plastic heron(hey, it's Florida, people buy things like that) so I go to take a picture of it with my phone, and the thing starts running and flapping at me. I don't think I'd ever been more afraid of a bird)
I've got a few:

heights(anything higher than say, 8 feet)

clowns( watched "It" when I was young. It messed me up for a while)

snakes( ALL OF THEM)

spiders(ALL OF THEM)

lizards(the small ones, anoles. I think iguanas and other big lizards are pretty neat)

mannequins/dolls( not exactly afraid of them, they just unnerve me)

small children. (babies especially terrify me)

cranes/herons. (Bit of a funny story with this one. I was walking home from school one day, and this house that I passed had a blue heron standing on the edge of the lawn.(It was completely still) I thought it was like one of them plastic flamingos, but this was a plastic heron(hey, it's Florida, people buy things like that) so I go to take a picture of it with my phone, and the thing starts running and flapping at me. I don't think I'd ever been more afraid of a bird)
IMZbI9C.png
I have a very real phobia of ships. Not boats. Just ships.

Let me clarify that this is not just a fear, it is a full blown panic attack phobia. I can't even watch commercials for cruise liners without starting to have a panic attack. Accidentally stumbling onto a photo of a boat in the newspaper or online gives me vertigo. I have cried before because I had to eat dinner in a city with a cruise port, and I could hear a cruise ship.
I have a very real phobia of ships. Not boats. Just ships.

Let me clarify that this is not just a fear, it is a full blown panic attack phobia. I can't even watch commercials for cruise liners without starting to have a panic attack. Accidentally stumbling onto a photo of a boat in the newspaper or online gives me vertigo. I have cried before because I had to eat dinner in a city with a cruise port, and I could hear a cruise ship.
wY86E88.gif
Loosing/Damage to my mouth - With how much I've gotten done to it I'd be peeved if something happened. I get bad nightmares about this, loosing teeth or crooked teeth, just spawns more of my anxiety.

Being stung by a scorpion - I live in Michigan, why is this one of my fears???? We don't have scorpions here! But yet I still get nightmares about this and I hate it ugh.

Heights only when I'm eye level with the roof/floor is tilted - I just feel like I'll fall, and I get really nauseous. Other than that I'm fine with heights, I love to ride in airplanes and stuff.
Loosing/Damage to my mouth - With how much I've gotten done to it I'd be peeved if something happened. I get bad nightmares about this, loosing teeth or crooked teeth, just spawns more of my anxiety.

Being stung by a scorpion - I live in Michigan, why is this one of my fears???? We don't have scorpions here! But yet I still get nightmares about this and I hate it ugh.

Heights only when I'm eye level with the roof/floor is tilted - I just feel like I'll fall, and I get really nauseous. Other than that I'm fine with heights, I love to ride in airplanes and stuff.
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
By definition, a phobia is not a common fear, but one that is entirely irrational or exceeding the necessary psychological level of anxiety for sake of self-preservation. So to call your own phobias irrational is kind of like calling water wet.

#TheMoreYouKnow #RainbowShootsBy
By definition, a phobia is not a common fear, but one that is entirely irrational or exceeding the necessary psychological level of anxiety for sake of self-preservation. So to call your own phobias irrational is kind of like calling water wet.

#TheMoreYouKnow #RainbowShootsBy
Pentatransgender nonexistentkin vhscopyofweekendatbernies2kin neotraditionalist
@Urto

I think if you read through the comments you'll find that a lot of people use 'phobia' synonymously with 'generic fear'. Which honestly grinds my gears, but it is what it is. Sometimes you have to qualify what you actually mean when you say phobia or else people will think you're just scared as opposed to irrationally and totally terrified.

#Dropthatknowledgethough #thankyouuuu :)
@Urto

I think if you read through the comments you'll find that a lot of people use 'phobia' synonymously with 'generic fear'. Which honestly grinds my gears, but it is what it is. Sometimes you have to qualify what you actually mean when you say phobia or else people will think you're just scared as opposed to irrationally and totally terrified.

#Dropthatknowledgethough #thankyouuuu :)
wY86E88.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25