Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stupid Phobias
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
whales. I don't know why or how I got this phobia, I don't think I've ever even seen a whale irl but like, I've had several nightmares staring whales and they're always the worst
whales. I don't know why or how I got this phobia, I don't think I've ever even seen a whale irl but like, I've had several nightmares staring whales and they're always the worst
0cfa11a2d108c80c10fb837f85c11d5704c44766.png 02031973bcef0ef2c7010aba6603c5c07bf5ebe1.png
I'm terrified of riding elevators too and avoid them as much as in any ways possible! My ridiculous phobias are Snails and slugs! All kinds honestly. It's not that I am scared of them but absolutely disgusted to a point of being physically repulsed. As a toddler whenever there was one on the path before me I literally refused even walking by, and even now at 20 years old I abruptly stop when I see one in front of me and walk in a big bow around it. I never understood people who were able to pick up snails and hold them in their hands because I'd probably just. Die.

Anyways it's super ridiculous but that's how it is. I have yet to find someone who relates.
I'm terrified of riding elevators too and avoid them as much as in any ways possible! My ridiculous phobias are Snails and slugs! All kinds honestly. It's not that I am scared of them but absolutely disgusted to a point of being physically repulsed. As a toddler whenever there was one on the path before me I literally refused even walking by, and even now at 20 years old I abruptly stop when I see one in front of me and walk in a big bow around it. I never understood people who were able to pick up snails and hold them in their hands because I'd probably just. Die.

Anyways it's super ridiculous but that's how it is. I have yet to find someone who relates.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
boats and having fun lol

both sound, and are, very stupid out of context, so here's somewhat of an explanation:
  • When it comes to boats, I've had numerous nightmares where I had fallen overboard and/or got crushed by a cruise ship and I just generally feel really sick and scared when boarding a boat of any kind (it ties into my fear of the ocean). Also the sizes and length of cruise ships and tank boats make me physically sick too.
  • a "fear of having fun" is called cheruphobia, and it's not exactly to the point where I avoid fun at all costs- it's moreso my anxiety kicking in SO HARD sometimes that I almost throw up, all because I got excited about something fun?? It's really stupid.
boats and having fun lol

both sound, and are, very stupid out of context, so here's somewhat of an explanation:
  • When it comes to boats, I've had numerous nightmares where I had fallen overboard and/or got crushed by a cruise ship and I just generally feel really sick and scared when boarding a boat of any kind (it ties into my fear of the ocean). Also the sizes and length of cruise ships and tank boats make me physically sick too.
  • a "fear of having fun" is called cheruphobia, and it's not exactly to the point where I avoid fun at all costs- it's moreso my anxiety kicking in SO HARD sometimes that I almost throw up, all because I got excited about something fun?? It's really stupid.
Phones!
Specifically ring tones + other common phone noises, I don't know why!
Even if I make the sounds be my favourite music, I can't help but feel really anxious. It's so unexpected and you never know when it will happen.
The more common ring sounds are usually the scariest to me, especially that one weird sound that happens sometimes when someone doesn't pick up their phone that sounds like picking numbers. I'd give you an example but-- well I don't have to explain why not. :,,,> I think it's because of my misophonia.

I am also really afraid of mirrors, only when I'm alone though. I think something about seeing terryfing things where people see somethnig else in the mirror than themselves got to me when I was younger and now I have to do weird moves to avoid the mirror in my bathroom!
Phones!
Specifically ring tones + other common phone noises, I don't know why!
Even if I make the sounds be my favourite music, I can't help but feel really anxious. It's so unexpected and you never know when it will happen.
The more common ring sounds are usually the scariest to me, especially that one weird sound that happens sometimes when someone doesn't pick up their phone that sounds like picking numbers. I'd give you an example but-- well I don't have to explain why not. :,,,> I think it's because of my misophonia.

I am also really afraid of mirrors, only when I'm alone though. I think something about seeing terryfing things where people see somethnig else in the mirror than themselves got to me when I was younger and now I have to do weird moves to avoid the mirror in my bathroom!
ROOZ1my.png
UMevL3r.png
dEe2UrM.png
MFxuEZc.png
Ik it’s not the stupidest fear but trypanophobia (fear of needles) They make me feel really anxious just by thinking about them. Honestly it’s that bad I can’t even be in the same room as my mum when she’s giving herself her b12 injections cause the sight of the needle makes me so uncomfortable
Ik it’s not the stupidest fear but trypanophobia (fear of needles) They make me feel really anxious just by thinking about them. Honestly it’s that bad I can’t even be in the same room as my mum when she’s giving herself her b12 injections cause the sight of the needle makes me so uncomfortable
Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts
With barest wrists, and stoutest boasts
He thrusts his fists against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts
I have a fear of the dark. I literally cannot sleep without the light the actual light on a night light does not work.
I have a fear of the dark. I literally cannot sleep without the light the actual light on a night light does not work.
tumblr_nonnjrCJjU1uw8pgho1_500.png
I’m not sure if there is a specific name for this but I get really anxious/nervous when I hear an alarm or a high-pitched repeating beeping sound ;0; I’m fine with alarm clocks or those school fire alarms but the rest? n o p e
I’m not sure if there is a specific name for this but I get really anxious/nervous when I hear an alarm or a high-pitched repeating beeping sound ;0; I’m fine with alarm clocks or those school fire alarms but the rest? n o p e
Oh boy, where do I start...

Spiders, we have very few venomous spiders here but I'm terrified of all of them. No matter how small, I get paralyzed with fear and my dad or sister has to come get rid of it. I failed a math test because one was in my room during the exam :')

Heights. I get insane vertigo even watching shows where someone is high up, or jumping from tall places in video games. And oh lord, if there's glass floors, all bets are off. I won't do it.

Elevators, I don't trust them >.>

Crowds, because there's such a lack of control... and the noise can overload my senses, making it 10x worse.

Sinkholes, my state has TONS of them. The idea that at any moment, the ground can just swallow you up... no. Nope, nope.

I might need to see someone for these, huh? I didn't realize how many irrational dears I had until I sat down to type this....
Oh boy, where do I start...

Spiders, we have very few venomous spiders here but I'm terrified of all of them. No matter how small, I get paralyzed with fear and my dad or sister has to come get rid of it. I failed a math test because one was in my room during the exam :')

Heights. I get insane vertigo even watching shows where someone is high up, or jumping from tall places in video games. And oh lord, if there's glass floors, all bets are off. I won't do it.

Elevators, I don't trust them >.>

Crowds, because there's such a lack of control... and the noise can overload my senses, making it 10x worse.

Sinkholes, my state has TONS of them. The idea that at any moment, the ground can just swallow you up... no. Nope, nope.

I might need to see someone for these, huh? I didn't realize how many irrational dears I had until I sat down to type this....
LEpJMnn.png
mTAp2ld.png
qjxrAwx.png
bYt72YT.png
1YB0OjO.png
EB9jVcQ.png

Crickets
Crickets
bVVJNGR.png
In Lightning? Join VOLT Teams! Ask me about it!
Ants. I just. Can't.
Ants. I just. Can't.
04a9814064f262d8938798b48eb4bc3b3ac1a7e9.gifc1f68644b8b7a1eb592f118f43a65c7c33dbdec9.gif
5d1a4137cb22e0866c1f5f80c1e4103b916c24b0.gifd04f343c6ddb8d921f55d691cf35d8d68e9481f4.gif
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25