Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stupid Phobias
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
Pff, I have so many stupid phobias. The ones that affect me the most (and which I hate the most): Heights, spider nests, breaking/losing teeth, very large empty bodies of water, and the stupidest one: answering phone calls.

Spider nests though. Have you ever seen one of those get poked? They explode into masses of gross, fast-moving tiny dots. I hate it.

I always fear for my teeth, and I don't really know why. I've smashed my own teeth quite a bit when I was younger, but I never cared. Nowadays I'm extremely cautious with them though, because the idea of breaking them sends chills up my spine for some reason.

My fear of open water came from a nightmare I suppose, and maybe a little bit from video games. I've always hated swimming out into the open, both in real life and in games. It always made me feel extremely anxious.

Now, my worst phobia, phonecalls. I don't know why, but I hate them. I always let my phone ring and opt to text people later instead.
Pff, I have so many stupid phobias. The ones that affect me the most (and which I hate the most): Heights, spider nests, breaking/losing teeth, very large empty bodies of water, and the stupidest one: answering phone calls.

Spider nests though. Have you ever seen one of those get poked? They explode into masses of gross, fast-moving tiny dots. I hate it.

I always fear for my teeth, and I don't really know why. I've smashed my own teeth quite a bit when I was younger, but I never cared. Nowadays I'm extremely cautious with them though, because the idea of breaking them sends chills up my spine for some reason.

My fear of open water came from a nightmare I suppose, and maybe a little bit from video games. I've always hated swimming out into the open, both in real life and in games. It always made me feel extremely anxious.

Now, my worst phobia, phonecalls. I don't know why, but I hate them. I always let my phone ring and opt to text people later instead.
312sVxl.png __________
He/him pronouns

Vinesauce fan

+9 hrs ahead of
server time
__
_______________ mRziIh5.png
i don't know its a real phobia, but i really truely distrust and dislike vehicles. i'm always afraid of getting into some kind of accident. especially in a lot of traffic and multiple lanes.
i don't know its a real phobia, but i really truely distrust and dislike vehicles. i'm always afraid of getting into some kind of accident. especially in a lot of traffic and multiple lanes.
For the longest time I had the biggest fear of glitches in video games. The first time I realized this was when I was 10 and I asked my cousin to show me Missingno on his Pokemon Blue game since I read about it on the internet and was curious. I screamed and cried as soon as it popped up on the screen, haha.

It's calmed down a little in recent years but some things still cause me to have the urge to panic.

I also have a fear of "zombie technology", aka turning off something or unplugging it and it actually not turning off, particularly with things like computers and TVs. I always fear it's going to do some freaky demon crap, haha. I remember when I was younger, I was afraid to turn off the computer downstairs when nobody else was around.
For the longest time I had the biggest fear of glitches in video games. The first time I realized this was when I was 10 and I asked my cousin to show me Missingno on his Pokemon Blue game since I read about it on the internet and was curious. I screamed and cried as soon as it popped up on the screen, haha.

It's calmed down a little in recent years but some things still cause me to have the urge to panic.

I also have a fear of "zombie technology", aka turning off something or unplugging it and it actually not turning off, particularly with things like computers and TVs. I always fear it's going to do some freaky demon crap, haha. I remember when I was younger, I was afraid to turn off the computer downstairs when nobody else was around.
Automatic toilets. There is nothing worse in this world. That staring red light, the way they will flush while I'm in the middle of doing my business... And it's never a gentle flush either, it's like a freaking airplane taking off and the revolting cold toilet water will ALWAYS splash my bum. If I walk in to use a toilet and it's automatic I suddenly feel more like throwing up than anything and I will just walk right out of there and hold it for however long I need to. It's unhealthy.

Also, vomit. I'm fine with throwing up myself, that's no big deal. And really even if someone else is throwing up that's okay. But seeing someone throw up on someone else? I freak out. Even if it's just in a movie. I wish my husband was more understanding of this specific phobia.
Automatic toilets. There is nothing worse in this world. That staring red light, the way they will flush while I'm in the middle of doing my business... And it's never a gentle flush either, it's like a freaking airplane taking off and the revolting cold toilet water will ALWAYS splash my bum. If I walk in to use a toilet and it's automatic I suddenly feel more like throwing up than anything and I will just walk right out of there and hold it for however long I need to. It's unhealthy.

Also, vomit. I'm fine with throwing up myself, that's no big deal. And really even if someone else is throwing up that's okay. But seeing someone throw up on someone else? I freak out. Even if it's just in a movie. I wish my husband was more understanding of this specific phobia.
szkhgl.gif
I guess I'll start of with social anxiety. Not really a phobia, but it causes me to cry a lot, I often cancel posts/messages on here... And what I hate the most is that I can often go to the front of the class... Then I breakdown, start crying and all the boys groan... Which makes me cry more... The teacher I used to have never even cared about it.

Secondly, I'm deathly afraid of spiders. A tiny one can get me screaming/crying/running away in seconds, and bigger ones send me into a panic attack.

Third... I have minor anatidaephobia. It used to be a bit worse about three years ago, but now it's better. Still there, but I don't frequently get upset about it.
Oh, if you're wondering... Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, a giant rubber duck is watching you. I'm actually OK with normal rubber ducks, but sometimes I just... *shudders*
I guess I'll start of with social anxiety. Not really a phobia, but it causes me to cry a lot, I often cancel posts/messages on here... And what I hate the most is that I can often go to the front of the class... Then I breakdown, start crying and all the boys groan... Which makes me cry more... The teacher I used to have never even cared about it.

Secondly, I'm deathly afraid of spiders. A tiny one can get me screaming/crying/running away in seconds, and bigger ones send me into a panic attack.

Third... I have minor anatidaephobia. It used to be a bit worse about three years ago, but now it's better. Still there, but I don't frequently get upset about it.
Oh, if you're wondering... Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, a giant rubber duck is watching you. I'm actually OK with normal rubber ducks, but sometimes I just... *shudders*
9XOxNGE.jpg Always up for some Mammertee Plushies :D
Hmm... The dark would be one, like oh my gosh I can't stand being in the dark without freaking out or panicking. And talking on the phone, I am pretty sure I don't have social anxiety or anything, but talking on the phone with anyone really causes me to feel uncomfortable and makes me extremely uneasy. I sometimes end up breaking down.

And here's one that's actually pretty weird. I'm afraid of heights, but rather the 500 feet heights, I am terrified of being lifted up like 5 or 6 feet above the ground! But let's say I'm on the roof of a building or on top of a Ferriswheel, I'm like leaning of the edge, fascinated by how high up I am!

Another is being alone. Just the thought of being alone in this world full of so many people... I can't count how many times I've just sobbed because of feelings of loneliness and abandonment. I also get worried when my friends go somewhere without me. Like, one friend, when she goes to the bathroom that is literally right there, I always ask if she's coming back. If I don't get a answer I panic and think that maybe she's avoiding me and hates me.
Hmm... The dark would be one, like oh my gosh I can't stand being in the dark without freaking out or panicking. And talking on the phone, I am pretty sure I don't have social anxiety or anything, but talking on the phone with anyone really causes me to feel uncomfortable and makes me extremely uneasy. I sometimes end up breaking down.

And here's one that's actually pretty weird. I'm afraid of heights, but rather the 500 feet heights, I am terrified of being lifted up like 5 or 6 feet above the ground! But let's say I'm on the roof of a building or on top of a Ferriswheel, I'm like leaning of the edge, fascinated by how high up I am!

Another is being alone. Just the thought of being alone in this world full of so many people... I can't count how many times I've just sobbed because of feelings of loneliness and abandonment. I also get worried when my friends go somewhere without me. Like, one friend, when she goes to the bathroom that is literally right there, I always ask if she's coming back. If I don't get a answer I panic and think that maybe she's avoiding me and hates me.
@AbyssFox
I have a phobia of phones.
@AbyssFox
I have a phobia of phones.
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
Big things (megalophobia).

Losing teeth.

Spiders (i literally cover the side of my bed with a big teddy to stop spiders from jumping out, it happened once and it was a single huge one so i didnt sleep in my room that night and i slept downstairs lol) yeah... ik -_-

Talking in public.

The overflow on a bath (my brother told me that snakes come out of it when i was 4) i don’t believe that but i still think of there being spiders).

Bins (maggots)

That creepy chicken thing momo

Wild horses because they are huge

Losing my google account XD
Big things (megalophobia).

Losing teeth.

Spiders (i literally cover the side of my bed with a big teddy to stop spiders from jumping out, it happened once and it was a single huge one so i didnt sleep in my room that night and i slept downstairs lol) yeah... ik -_-

Talking in public.

The overflow on a bath (my brother told me that snakes come out of it when i was 4) i don’t believe that but i still think of there being spiders).

Bins (maggots)

That creepy chicken thing momo

Wild horses because they are huge

Losing my google account XD
Legitimate, full-blown arachnophobia. This is probably at least in part because my hallucinations are often spiders. I can't be in the same vicinity as a spider without having an intense fear response, and I kill every spider I find because of it. Usually via vacuum, because I can't get near them otherwise. Sometimes, if I have to kill the spider myself instead of having someone help me, I have a panic attack. The last time I was confronted with a rather large spider, I sucked it up, had a panic attack, and then dissociated so hard I lost a few hours of my day to the blank void.

Ironically, my first serious hallucination was a spider too. A black widow with her web on my fingers. I promptly screamed and panicked. I was a shaking mess for a while after that, because it was my first brush with substantial visual hallucinations and the terror of being face-to-face with one of my most feared things.
Legitimate, full-blown arachnophobia. This is probably at least in part because my hallucinations are often spiders. I can't be in the same vicinity as a spider without having an intense fear response, and I kill every spider I find because of it. Usually via vacuum, because I can't get near them otherwise. Sometimes, if I have to kill the spider myself instead of having someone help me, I have a panic attack. The last time I was confronted with a rather large spider, I sucked it up, had a panic attack, and then dissociated so hard I lost a few hours of my day to the blank void.

Ironically, my first serious hallucination was a spider too. A black widow with her web on my fingers. I promptly screamed and panicked. I was a shaking mess for a while after that, because it was my first brush with substantial visual hallucinations and the terror of being face-to-face with one of my most feared things.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
Maggots from most flies don't eat human flesh but dear god do I fear them
Flies too if one gets anywhere close to me I have to leave the room till it dies or something
Also another stupid fear is of people like having a romantic attraction towards me or getting hit on, gives me nightmares man especially if they start putting their hands on me (I'm not aromatic either so it confuses me even more)
Maggots from most flies don't eat human flesh but dear god do I fear them
Flies too if one gets anywhere close to me I have to leave the room till it dies or something
Also another stupid fear is of people like having a romantic attraction towards me or getting hit on, gives me nightmares man especially if they start putting their hands on me (I'm not aromatic either so it confuses me even more)
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25