Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Don't like babies/kids?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
I've never liked babies or children, even when I was a little kid myself. Even in elementary school, I had a hard time making friends because I thought all of the younger kids were really annoying. :'|

I'm a little more okay with babies than children because at least babies just, like... lie there and gurgle. You don't have to do much to entertain babies, and they can't follow you around the house and try to get you to play. Older kids (10-12) are generally okay because they're a little more chill and are usually cool with playing video games or something, but small children are very hard to deal with.

Incidentally, my parents also dislike children, but they said my sister and I were fine because we're their kids. The parental attachment probably makes things a little easier.
I've never liked babies or children, even when I was a little kid myself. Even in elementary school, I had a hard time making friends because I thought all of the younger kids were really annoying. :'|

I'm a little more okay with babies than children because at least babies just, like... lie there and gurgle. You don't have to do much to entertain babies, and they can't follow you around the house and try to get you to play. Older kids (10-12) are generally okay because they're a little more chill and are usually cool with playing video games or something, but small children are very hard to deal with.

Incidentally, my parents also dislike children, but they said my sister and I were fine because we're their kids. The parental attachment probably makes things a little easier.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@KitKatPurrpurr

I like kids, love my nieces and nephew. But to have them myself is a big bold no.
This fall I will have a surgery to have everything removed, I am not having kids. I am .... cancelling my monthly subscription to mother nature. If that means I have to be on hormones until I'm 50, so be it. I am done.
The surgery is going to happen, but when I can't say yet. No date has been set but it will happen and I am so happy.
@KitKatPurrpurr

I like kids, love my nieces and nephew. But to have them myself is a big bold no.
This fall I will have a surgery to have everything removed, I am not having kids. I am .... cancelling my monthly subscription to mother nature. If that means I have to be on hormones until I'm 50, so be it. I am done.
The surgery is going to happen, but when I can't say yet. No date has been set but it will happen and I am so happy.
He/Him
@KitKatPurrPurr:

I don't like babies at all. They're really annoying and I can't stand baby cries. I'll tolerate a baby, but I'm not too crazy about them.

Kids, on the other hand, are adorable.
@KitKatPurrPurr:

I don't like babies at all. They're really annoying and I can't stand baby cries. I'll tolerate a baby, but I'm not too crazy about them.

Kids, on the other hand, are adorable.
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
Think of me around kids as an angry cat. If I could hiss and it would be appropriate, I would. I do not like children. I don't want to have any, and I'm certainly never carrying a pregnancy to term. If I ever got pregnant somehow, that fetus would be aborted so fast your head would spin (I'm tokophobic).
Think of me around kids as an angry cat. If I could hiss and it would be appropriate, I would. I do not like children. I don't want to have any, and I'm certainly never carrying a pregnancy to term. If I ever got pregnant somehow, that fetus would be aborted so fast your head would spin (I'm tokophobic).
Pronouns: he/him or tiger/tigers/tigerself BUYING GEMS @ 1:600 Leayph My Bio/Writing Shop CHEAP Brewing Service + Materials Hatchery Flight Rising Library qAuPklL.png
I really can't stand babies or children at all. Can't relate to them, find everything they do just annoying or puzzling or weird or disgusting, have no urge to do anything other than run away as fast as possible from them. I have a phobia of pregnancy and childbirth which is so severe that just being in the room with a pregnant person makes my skin crawl.
I could never imagine myself looking after a child, or wanting to. I couldn't imagine being able to stay patient and calm while a disgusting snotty nosed toddler wails and screams and throws stuff. It's not for me!
Having said that, I don't think people who choose to be parents should be ridiculed either!
I really can't stand babies or children at all. Can't relate to them, find everything they do just annoying or puzzling or weird or disgusting, have no urge to do anything other than run away as fast as possible from them. I have a phobia of pregnancy and childbirth which is so severe that just being in the room with a pregnant person makes my skin crawl.
I could never imagine myself looking after a child, or wanting to. I couldn't imagine being able to stay patient and calm while a disgusting snotty nosed toddler wails and screams and throws stuff. It's not for me!
Having said that, I don't think people who choose to be parents should be ridiculed either!
i am not too good with babies or small kids. i understand why people love them and i think it is amazing how they change as they grow up.
but i must confess babies scare me, i am afraid to hurt them. and i cant help but feel disgusted by them, it gets easier when they grow older and i am ok with my cousin, he is five now. and is very well behaved and sweet.
i wish i was better at handling them

but i don't want a kid myself, i can not see myself as a mother and the through of pregnancy also scares me. i am 26 have never been in a relationship and i think i am asexual. as the though of a sexual relationship repulses me.

but my mom have my brother and his children, so she has never nagged me about granchildren :) that i am very thankful for
i am not too good with babies or small kids. i understand why people love them and i think it is amazing how they change as they grow up.
but i must confess babies scare me, i am afraid to hurt them. and i cant help but feel disgusted by them, it gets easier when they grow older and i am ok with my cousin, he is five now. and is very well behaved and sweet.
i wish i was better at handling them

but i don't want a kid myself, i can not see myself as a mother and the through of pregnancy also scares me. i am 26 have never been in a relationship and i think i am asexual. as the though of a sexual relationship repulses me.

but my mom have my brother and his children, so she has never nagged me about granchildren :) that i am very thankful for
8dsj61d.png
[quote name="kingofeli" date=2015-05-22 15:50:31] Think of me around kids as an angry cat. [/quote] No, I actually think of you as a maladjusted loser who thinks being mentally ill is fun and good. I don't like kids, either, btw.
kingofeli wrote on 2015-05-22:
Think of me around kids as an angry cat.

No, I actually think of you as a maladjusted loser who thinks being mentally ill is fun and good.

I don't like kids, either, btw.
deathseeker_caw_zps8ow1makd.gif
Memento Mori
stormseeker_caw_inv_zpsmwflt9it.gif
Memento Mori
@Dickerus aww how kind of you! I literally never said that! If you wanna start drama why don't you @ me next time, or send me a PM?

I'm not maladjusted, nor am I a loser. I'm just proud to be mentally ill, though I suppose that wouldn't be good for kids as I have intrusive violent thoughts.
@Dickerus aww how kind of you! I literally never said that! If you wanna start drama why don't you @ me next time, or send me a PM?

I'm not maladjusted, nor am I a loser. I'm just proud to be mentally ill, though I suppose that wouldn't be good for kids as I have intrusive violent thoughts.
Pronouns: he/him or tiger/tigers/tigerself BUYING GEMS @ 1:600 Leayph My Bio/Writing Shop CHEAP Brewing Service + Materials Hatchery Flight Rising Library qAuPklL.png
I perform in a fuzzy animal costume, I'm used to kids coming up to me. Though I have a helper to make sure that there's no sticky or wet kids touching the costume. And I don't approach any sort of frightened looking or crying child, that can make them more afraid, which isn't good. (Some people are phobic of the costumes, which is okay, I wont try and frighten them and make it worse). This is really the only case I'm pretty happy to be around kids, or wanting to be.

Usually kids make me anxious.
I'm SUPER sensitive to noise, especially loud ones, so crying children is painful. And I don't know how to deal with them.
I'm also phobic of bodily fluids. So any sort of poop, pee, snot.. whatever. I can't deal with it. Honestly to the point of going into a full out panic attack.

But when kids are behaving, I'm a-okay with them.
I perform in a fuzzy animal costume, I'm used to kids coming up to me. Though I have a helper to make sure that there's no sticky or wet kids touching the costume. And I don't approach any sort of frightened looking or crying child, that can make them more afraid, which isn't good. (Some people are phobic of the costumes, which is okay, I wont try and frighten them and make it worse). This is really the only case I'm pretty happy to be around kids, or wanting to be.

Usually kids make me anxious.
I'm SUPER sensitive to noise, especially loud ones, so crying children is painful. And I don't know how to deal with them.
I'm also phobic of bodily fluids. So any sort of poop, pee, snot.. whatever. I can't deal with it. Honestly to the point of going into a full out panic attack.

But when kids are behaving, I'm a-okay with them.
The sad thing is I used to like kids/babies and thought about having kids myself. Then my boyfriend and I ended up moving in with roommates and they had a kid. They wouldn't do a single thing with him and he whined and screamed constantly over every little thing. Now children/babies irritate me, especially since I'm sensitive to noise. I don't know if I want a kid anymore either or at least ready for one. I'm also not very good caretaker and I'm afraid if not being able to take care of a child properly.

@misskiga Lucky. I'm only 21 and my parents are already whining for grandchildren even though my older sister has a kid.

@Ningyo Sometimes I have your parents mindset. If I have children they'll be okay because they're mine, it's just everyone elses kids that are the problem.
The sad thing is I used to like kids/babies and thought about having kids myself. Then my boyfriend and I ended up moving in with roommates and they had a kid. They wouldn't do a single thing with him and he whined and screamed constantly over every little thing. Now children/babies irritate me, especially since I'm sensitive to noise. I don't know if I want a kid anymore either or at least ready for one. I'm also not very good caretaker and I'm afraid if not being able to take care of a child properly.

@misskiga Lucky. I'm only 21 and my parents are already whining for grandchildren even though my older sister has a kid.

@Ningyo Sometimes I have your parents mindset. If I have children they'll be okay because they're mine, it's just everyone elses kids that are the problem.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13