Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Don't like babies/kids?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Oh goodness no. No plans for children at all. I'll keep my kitty children, thanks.

In all seriousness I actually do like kids, and I'm working towards getting a job as a children's therapist one day. I just don't want any kids myself because, while I do love them, me and my girlfriend just don't see kids in our future.
Oh goodness no. No plans for children at all. I'll keep my kitty children, thanks.

In all seriousness I actually do like kids, and I'm working towards getting a job as a children's therapist one day. I just don't want any kids myself because, while I do love them, me and my girlfriend just don't see kids in our future.
YAInbwx.gif lynn
any prons | fr +3
toyhou.se | carrd
Not a fan of kids, especially younger ones. They're so...willful. I'm absolutely clueless about babies, and I have no plans to have offspring of my own. XD

My younger brother says he'd like to marry his girlfriend in a few years, and he keeps joking about foisting off any resulting kids onto me. I always tell him I'm going into exile in another country if that ever happens. Not exactly joking there. Other adults are a bit afraid of me, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the best companion or caretaker for a young, impressionable kid. =/
Not a fan of kids, especially younger ones. They're so...willful. I'm absolutely clueless about babies, and I have no plans to have offspring of my own. XD

My younger brother says he'd like to marry his girlfriend in a few years, and he keeps joking about foisting off any resulting kids onto me. I always tell him I'm going into exile in another country if that ever happens. Not exactly joking there. Other adults are a bit afraid of me, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the best companion or caretaker for a young, impressionable kid. =/
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Well since I have Primeisodophobia (literally had to google what that was called), or the fear of losing my virginity, I really don't see any kids in my future. That being said, though, I really don't mine them; as long as those little devils are returned to their parents within 36 hours. I'll babysit your kid overnight but you better take that thing back >:T I write a lot, and when I do write I really have no issues giving my characters kids, and I like to think it comes off as more-or-less realistic(keeping in mind they usually are supernatural/fantasy humanoid species), and I have no issue acting as a child in plays or whatever and making it seem sort of realistic. Anyway, I just am not looking to ever have kids; I might adopt or foster but 100% will never have my own. My genetics are crap anyway xD
Well since I have Primeisodophobia (literally had to google what that was called), or the fear of losing my virginity, I really don't see any kids in my future. That being said, though, I really don't mine them; as long as those little devils are returned to their parents within 36 hours. I'll babysit your kid overnight but you better take that thing back >:T I write a lot, and when I do write I really have no issues giving my characters kids, and I like to think it comes off as more-or-less realistic(keeping in mind they usually are supernatural/fantasy humanoid species), and I have no issue acting as a child in plays or whatever and making it seem sort of realistic. Anyway, I just am not looking to ever have kids; I might adopt or foster but 100% will never have my own. My genetics are crap anyway xD
tumblr_pyegmoMJkS1ugssd3o3_250.png n4H37dx.png
1vAtYxM.png
o7ZCFYm.png
B8HmiZX.png
d3OF3Gw.png
QUIpVFE.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
J7D1quC.png
YUzmw5z.png
I don't like kids or babies pretty much at all, I think I'd be happier with animals personally.

I don't like kids or babies pretty much at all, I think I'd be happier with animals personally.

vcwdnl.png
I refuse to be left with children that aren't potty-trained and can't at least get food into their own mouths. I'll be around them, sure, and if one happens to be left in my care for like five minutes while the parent runs to the restroom or something, yes, I'll be a decent human being and smile at the kid and not let it crawl into traffic or whatever. But I am not babysitting kids, least of all ones that can't perform basic life functions on their own.

In general I can only handle kids in small doses, depending on the individual. And I REALLY can't handle kids that are gogogogogogo all the time. I was never like that myself as a child, I'm not like that now, I'm just like...okay we really need to just chill and doodle with crayons for a bit.

And I will never had kids of my own. I've never wanted kids, even since I was in first grade I knew this. I don't want children, I don't want to bring new life into a world that's already collapsing under the weight of a single species.

That being said.
I am EXTREMELY protective of children and believe they need to be treated kindly, respectfully, given opportunities to experience new things, encouraged, and taught to treat others the same way. I'm in the process of trying to be matched with a kid through the local Big Brothers Big Sisters, which is something I've wanted to do for years. IE, I would loooove to be an 'aunt' or 'mentor'. Not a parent or babysitter.
I'm also a believer that if someone truly WANTS to be a parent (including women AND men AND all others), and is prepared for that awesome responsibility, then I wish them all the best in accomplishing that goal. I am equally a believer that if someone is not 100% WANTING, WILLING, and READY to be a parent (that includes women AND men AND everyone else), then they have no right being forced into parenthood, or being pressured or shamed by society into that role, and the people doing that forcing, pressuring, and shaming are the most despicable human beings out there. No child should ever be unwanted or unexpected or used as a pawn by petty adults.
I refuse to be left with children that aren't potty-trained and can't at least get food into their own mouths. I'll be around them, sure, and if one happens to be left in my care for like five minutes while the parent runs to the restroom or something, yes, I'll be a decent human being and smile at the kid and not let it crawl into traffic or whatever. But I am not babysitting kids, least of all ones that can't perform basic life functions on their own.

In general I can only handle kids in small doses, depending on the individual. And I REALLY can't handle kids that are gogogogogogo all the time. I was never like that myself as a child, I'm not like that now, I'm just like...okay we really need to just chill and doodle with crayons for a bit.

And I will never had kids of my own. I've never wanted kids, even since I was in first grade I knew this. I don't want children, I don't want to bring new life into a world that's already collapsing under the weight of a single species.

That being said.
I am EXTREMELY protective of children and believe they need to be treated kindly, respectfully, given opportunities to experience new things, encouraged, and taught to treat others the same way. I'm in the process of trying to be matched with a kid through the local Big Brothers Big Sisters, which is something I've wanted to do for years. IE, I would loooove to be an 'aunt' or 'mentor'. Not a parent or babysitter.
I'm also a believer that if someone truly WANTS to be a parent (including women AND men AND all others), and is prepared for that awesome responsibility, then I wish them all the best in accomplishing that goal. I am equally a believer that if someone is not 100% WANTING, WILLING, and READY to be a parent (that includes women AND men AND everyone else), then they have no right being forced into parenthood, or being pressured or shamed by society into that role, and the people doing that forcing, pressuring, and shaming are the most despicable human beings out there. No child should ever be unwanted or unexpected or used as a pawn by petty adults.
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
I don't mind babies, in fact, I even enjoy them sometimes. Their crying and screaming are to be expected.

Kids, however? Nope.
If the kid is old enough to be annoying then it's just no, this usually includes children around the age of 5-9. They are old enough to have their own thoughts but too young to consider others'.
I don't mind babies, in fact, I even enjoy them sometimes. Their crying and screaming are to be expected.

Kids, however? Nope.
If the kid is old enough to be annoying then it's just no, this usually includes children around the age of 5-9. They are old enough to have their own thoughts but too young to consider others'.
Kids and babies are just like any other person to me. I usually like kids! I know a lot of people around my age who have toddlers and most of them are super sweet and adorable.

But some of them... oh boy. Some of them will scream bloody murder just because they got the wrong swing. And then hit. And absolutely ruin my day and make me glad I don't have kids.

But then I babysit kindhearted little kiddos again and just can't help but go "AWWW!!" (See also: Child too innocent for VR Chat)

So yeah. Like teenagers and adults, it completely depends on the kid/baby. But even then, I try not to be too harsh on kids who act like brats. That's usually the parent's fault for not teaching their kids proper manners.
Kids and babies are just like any other person to me. I usually like kids! I know a lot of people around my age who have toddlers and most of them are super sweet and adorable.

But some of them... oh boy. Some of them will scream bloody murder just because they got the wrong swing. And then hit. And absolutely ruin my day and make me glad I don't have kids.

But then I babysit kindhearted little kiddos again and just can't help but go "AWWW!!" (See also: Child too innocent for VR Chat)

So yeah. Like teenagers and adults, it completely depends on the kid/baby. But even then, I try not to be too harsh on kids who act like brats. That's usually the parent's fault for not teaching their kids proper manners.
eg1jZa2.png
I hate young children/babies. I've never liked them and I never will. The noises they make infuriate me to the point where I can't think straight at all. And I find their absolute lack of right/wrong understanding to be despicably low. I wouldn't hurt them mind you, but it would probably be a bad idea to leave me alone with a baby. I obviously never will have kids because of that. Even if I have some protective or mom-like traits I'll reserve them for my cats, thank you very much.

I also have a similar issue with a lot of dog's personalities. But since they don't make the same noises as a baby I'm usually okay around them, except when I'm eating. I can be very protective of my food and I hate it when they stare at me.
I hate young children/babies. I've never liked them and I never will. The noises they make infuriate me to the point where I can't think straight at all. And I find their absolute lack of right/wrong understanding to be despicably low. I wouldn't hurt them mind you, but it would probably be a bad idea to leave me alone with a baby. I obviously never will have kids because of that. Even if I have some protective or mom-like traits I'll reserve them for my cats, thank you very much.

I also have a similar issue with a lot of dog's personalities. But since they don't make the same noises as a baby I'm usually okay around them, except when I'm eating. I can be very protective of my food and I hate it when they stare at me.
I don't mind children, but I am chronically and mentally ill, and I would never want to pass that on to my offspring. Nor am I necessarily steady enough to raise a child. I'd like to be a father, but I can't risk passing on what's wrong with me, and I'm not certain I could stand the struggles of adopting or using a surrogate. Much less the rigors of raising a child. While I would love the idea of being a father, I would need so much support and help it would be absurd.
I don't mind children, but I am chronically and mentally ill, and I would never want to pass that on to my offspring. Nor am I necessarily steady enough to raise a child. I'd like to be a father, but I can't risk passing on what's wrong with me, and I'm not certain I could stand the struggles of adopting or using a surrogate. Much less the rigors of raising a child. While I would love the idea of being a father, I would need so much support and help it would be absurd.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/L5Nllxk.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5][color=#4d1f00]I[/color][/size][size=4][color=#803300] have immensely strong feelings of anger and resentment around children and infants, mostly because they've developed into a visual trigger for my misophonia (and the sounds they so dearly love to make are some of my worst misophonic triggers). I'm ace/aro and am going to be sterilized a lot sooner than most, too, meaning I wouldn't have anybody to conceive with anyway - not to mention that the choice to have children conflicts violently with many of my core values and traits. I don't find children cute at all, nor do I get the urge to protect or hold them in any way. If anything, my knee-jerk reaction is to hurt them, though I've never actually acted on that impulse. So, in short: children are not for me. They're fine if they're raised well, but don't expect me to empathize or care about parent's struggles.
L5Nllxk.png I have immensely strong feelings of anger and resentment around children and infants, mostly because they've developed into a visual trigger for my misophonia (and the sounds they so dearly love to make are some of my worst misophonic triggers). I'm ace/aro and am going to be sterilized a lot sooner than most, too, meaning I wouldn't have anybody to conceive with anyway - not to mention that the choice to have children conflicts violently with many of my core values and traits. I don't find children cute at all, nor do I get the urge to protect or hold them in any way. If anything, my knee-jerk reaction is to hurt them, though I've never actually acted on that impulse.

So, in short: children are not for me. They're fine if they're raised well, but don't expect me to empathize or care about parent's struggles.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13