Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Don't like babies/kids?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I'm afraid of kids because I don't know how to handle them and they're too much work and attention. I love my younger cousins and family but I always have that option of saying goodbye to them when their parents take them home.

I want to be able to freely travel, own a variety of exotics, spend my money how I want... I just see children as a hinderance to how I want to live my life. The thought of being a woman who stays at home while her husband works and pops out children is a nightmare to me.

I'm not good enough to be a wife or mother, and even if I do find a man (though I'm bi, so it may be a woman I meet so the potential to have kids isn't there anyway.) the whole pregnancy thing and being forced into a domestic situation really freaks me out. I wouldn't be able to tolerate something growing inside me and messing up my body.

I really hate when people get really condenscending towards people who don't want kids. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I have to pop out babies.
I'm afraid of kids because I don't know how to handle them and they're too much work and attention. I love my younger cousins and family but I always have that option of saying goodbye to them when their parents take them home.

I want to be able to freely travel, own a variety of exotics, spend my money how I want... I just see children as a hinderance to how I want to live my life. The thought of being a woman who stays at home while her husband works and pops out children is a nightmare to me.

I'm not good enough to be a wife or mother, and even if I do find a man (though I'm bi, so it may be a woman I meet so the potential to have kids isn't there anyway.) the whole pregnancy thing and being forced into a domestic situation really freaks me out. I wouldn't be able to tolerate something growing inside me and messing up my body.

I really hate when people get really condenscending towards people who don't want kids. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I have to pop out babies.
I'm scared of interacting with babies and kids. I'm afraid I might break them or something. I had to hold my baby cousin before, and she screamed. Whenever I'm stuck with my friend's little brother, I have to speak in a crazy high-pitched voice and play with stuffed animals, EX:
"Hi!!! I'm Mr. Snake!!"
"Snake!!!"
"Yeahh!!!"

They seem to like me, though. I'm okay with them, I'm just afraid that I'll hurt them, is all.

But I hate those rebellious kids who push their caretakers around and break rules. Normally 3-6 year olds.
I'm scared of interacting with babies and kids. I'm afraid I might break them or something. I had to hold my baby cousin before, and she screamed. Whenever I'm stuck with my friend's little brother, I have to speak in a crazy high-pitched voice and play with stuffed animals, EX:
"Hi!!! I'm Mr. Snake!!"
"Snake!!!"
"Yeahh!!!"

They seem to like me, though. I'm okay with them, I'm just afraid that I'll hurt them, is all.

But I hate those rebellious kids who push their caretakers around and break rules. Normally 3-6 year olds.
There is literally only one baby I can stand and its my baby sister
Yet I didn't even like her until she started moving and talkin
But I feel you on the defensive thing
I freak out whenever someone talks about mistreating/abusing young kids and babies
But chances are as much as I love my baby sis I will never hace a child myself
I couldnt imagine or be capible of raising a baby on my own
I mean I have a pretty dangerous genetic problem (I just got lucky) and theres a high chance it would end in miscarriage anyways
But I might adopt/do foster care myself
Kids are humams too and do deserve a good life
There is literally only one baby I can stand and its my baby sister
Yet I didn't even like her until she started moving and talkin
But I feel you on the defensive thing
I freak out whenever someone talks about mistreating/abusing young kids and babies
But chances are as much as I love my baby sis I will never hace a child myself
I couldnt imagine or be capible of raising a baby on my own
I mean I have a pretty dangerous genetic problem (I just got lucky) and theres a high chance it would end in miscarriage anyways
But I might adopt/do foster care myself
Kids are humams too and do deserve a good life
I'm just your average space queer
Check page for pronouns
I personally don't like kids or babies. I never, ever want one. I can only tolerate children for so long by the end of the day,, I'd protect a child at all costs despite my dislike of them, however.
I'd also never let a child know I don't like them. Because if there's one thing you don't ever do, it's that. It leaves a bad impression on them for the rest of their lives if you do something to let a child know you don't like them. Sometimes it's frustrating that kids are so impressionable, but at the same time, I remember that I was a kid once.
A lot of it might stem from the fact that I was the youngest out of my mom's bunch too so I'm just protective of my title, but it's never really on purpose,,
I personally don't like kids or babies. I never, ever want one. I can only tolerate children for so long by the end of the day,, I'd protect a child at all costs despite my dislike of them, however.
I'd also never let a child know I don't like them. Because if there's one thing you don't ever do, it's that. It leaves a bad impression on them for the rest of their lives if you do something to let a child know you don't like them. Sometimes it's frustrating that kids are so impressionable, but at the same time, I remember that I was a kid once.
A lot of it might stem from the fact that I was the youngest out of my mom's bunch too so I'm just protective of my title, but it's never really on purpose,,
|| erin || male || he/him ||
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
I am probably one of the most anti-motherly instinct people out there.

I abhor babies and children. People show me pictures of their kids and I just reel in revulsion. Call me immature but I really really really hates chilluns.

Even the well-behaved ones. They peeve me less but they still gross me out and I can't wait until they grow up and I can have a conversation with them.

Like Starite said, I don't act disgusted towards actual children because that's mean but I will go out of my way to avoid interacting with kids.

I hated kids even when I was a kid. I never made friends with my peers and I would instead look to my teachers and faculty for friendship.

I'm super comfortable around teens and adults. I consider myself a very nice person. Just don't bring your wiggleworm into the room.

Don't get me started on the mere concept of pregnancy...
I am probably one of the most anti-motherly instinct people out there.

I abhor babies and children. People show me pictures of their kids and I just reel in revulsion. Call me immature but I really really really hates chilluns.

Even the well-behaved ones. They peeve me less but they still gross me out and I can't wait until they grow up and I can have a conversation with them.

Like Starite said, I don't act disgusted towards actual children because that's mean but I will go out of my way to avoid interacting with kids.

I hated kids even when I was a kid. I never made friends with my peers and I would instead look to my teachers and faculty for friendship.

I'm super comfortable around teens and adults. I consider myself a very nice person. Just don't bring your wiggleworm into the room.

Don't get me started on the mere concept of pregnancy...
tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif
@Dani94
Yeah I'll probably give it a shot, just so I don't have to worry. Because goddamn I am not gonna kids now, if ever, and I don't wanna have to worry about mishaps =_=

Sorry about being denied the tubal ligation though :/

@Ravage
Same, basically.

@Glare
I admire people who can work at camps. I've never been a babysitter save for my 11 year old niece, and that was only swimming with her while we've been on vacation lol

I may have Cuban/Irish genes in me, but I've also got heart disease potentially to pass on. Plus ADD/ADHD. Lmao. Dunno if I could handle it in my own child, since I can barely handle it myself.

@Sedai
This may be my very limited knowledge, but going off what you said, do you think her anger has something to do with you "not wanting to continue your family and their traditions?" I mean, I am but a white (mainly Irish with other European roots) person with a splash (1/4) of Latin American/Spanish blood, but that sort of thing isn't really a concern to my parents (they don't really care if don't want kids). My dad doesn't view it as offensive to my Cuban heritage, nor my mom to my Irish heritage, ya feel? So hearing that is interesting, since usually I just hear the "you're not really a woman unless you have kids" statement as being anything that is tantamount to "tradition," and I don't often think of what reasons people object to it in other cultures I haven't lived in.

That said, I definitely feel you on the holding kids thing. My sister periodically asks me if I wanna hold my nephew and I'm like "lol nope." I held him once for like 10 seconds and that's all I can handle. And the entire time I was anxious. Not that I thought he was gonna just break in my arms, but that it just felt wrong.

@inklizard
Literally any noise babies make can freak me out. Happy or distressed lol.

Maybe you're tokophobic? One of my friends is. The idea of being pregnant I'm fine with, though the thought of having something move inside me is really freaky when I think about it. And the funny thing I learned is that babies are basically parasites to the body of the person pregnant with them because they actually have to "cloak" themselves from the immune system of that person, haha.

Adoption isn't a bad way to go, so long as you've got the resources to raise em right. But I'm sure you already knew that lol. If I eve adopted, I'd probably do it for an older child.

@Amura
Children are irrational and that alone makes them hard to deal with for me. When I was younger and in like 5th/6th grade, I was swinging with my friend during a break from our state tests, and it was the one rare time we had to swing, since they sorta split up the playground so the older kids couldn't play on the woodchip area with the swings and jungle gyms (we got the bigger part of the field and all, but w/e), so I was finally able to enjoy them. But then a kid was like "I wanna swing!" and granted we had been swinging for a while, but I was like "you guys get these swings the rest of the year, just let us have our turn!" and she went to go tell on us.

Ever since then I've hated kids.

@Fableheart
Yeah, that's the freedom stuff I mentioned. I want to be able to do stuff in my life. I have no idea if I'll come into a lot of money or a good job when I'm older, so the more I have available to me to go and do things I want to without having to worry about a kid is important to me.

And yeah. I am not just a uterus and ovaries made for baby making. I'm a human being who has crap I wanna do haha.

@Cherryblod
My mom told me babies are remarkably sturdy and that you don't have to worry about them just breaking in your hands. And once they can support their heads by themselves you're good lol.

@PastelCutie
I probably won't really enjoy my time around my nephew much until he's like 3 or 4. When I can actually understand him.

And I get really mad when people are like "UGH I HATE babies!! They should just go away from everywhere! They're DISGUSTING!!" like calm down, they're not trying to be evil devils.

@Starite
I told my niece when she was like....idk, 9 or 10, that I have a hard time with kids, but that she's at the age where it's much easier for me since I feel like I can have a conversation with them. And I also apologize when I swear in front of her. I know she's about to hit the painful stage of adolescence where she'll be obsessed with the most embarrassing boy bands, so I'll probably be like "you can do this, but lemme warn you that you might be embarrassed by it later." But I don't wanna buzzkill all her fun haha.
@Dani94
Yeah I'll probably give it a shot, just so I don't have to worry. Because goddamn I am not gonna kids now, if ever, and I don't wanna have to worry about mishaps =_=

Sorry about being denied the tubal ligation though :/

@Ravage
Same, basically.

@Glare
I admire people who can work at camps. I've never been a babysitter save for my 11 year old niece, and that was only swimming with her while we've been on vacation lol

I may have Cuban/Irish genes in me, but I've also got heart disease potentially to pass on. Plus ADD/ADHD. Lmao. Dunno if I could handle it in my own child, since I can barely handle it myself.

@Sedai
This may be my very limited knowledge, but going off what you said, do you think her anger has something to do with you "not wanting to continue your family and their traditions?" I mean, I am but a white (mainly Irish with other European roots) person with a splash (1/4) of Latin American/Spanish blood, but that sort of thing isn't really a concern to my parents (they don't really care if don't want kids). My dad doesn't view it as offensive to my Cuban heritage, nor my mom to my Irish heritage, ya feel? So hearing that is interesting, since usually I just hear the "you're not really a woman unless you have kids" statement as being anything that is tantamount to "tradition," and I don't often think of what reasons people object to it in other cultures I haven't lived in.

That said, I definitely feel you on the holding kids thing. My sister periodically asks me if I wanna hold my nephew and I'm like "lol nope." I held him once for like 10 seconds and that's all I can handle. And the entire time I was anxious. Not that I thought he was gonna just break in my arms, but that it just felt wrong.

@inklizard
Literally any noise babies make can freak me out. Happy or distressed lol.

Maybe you're tokophobic? One of my friends is. The idea of being pregnant I'm fine with, though the thought of having something move inside me is really freaky when I think about it. And the funny thing I learned is that babies are basically parasites to the body of the person pregnant with them because they actually have to "cloak" themselves from the immune system of that person, haha.

Adoption isn't a bad way to go, so long as you've got the resources to raise em right. But I'm sure you already knew that lol. If I eve adopted, I'd probably do it for an older child.

@Amura
Children are irrational and that alone makes them hard to deal with for me. When I was younger and in like 5th/6th grade, I was swinging with my friend during a break from our state tests, and it was the one rare time we had to swing, since they sorta split up the playground so the older kids couldn't play on the woodchip area with the swings and jungle gyms (we got the bigger part of the field and all, but w/e), so I was finally able to enjoy them. But then a kid was like "I wanna swing!" and granted we had been swinging for a while, but I was like "you guys get these swings the rest of the year, just let us have our turn!" and she went to go tell on us.

Ever since then I've hated kids.

@Fableheart
Yeah, that's the freedom stuff I mentioned. I want to be able to do stuff in my life. I have no idea if I'll come into a lot of money or a good job when I'm older, so the more I have available to me to go and do things I want to without having to worry about a kid is important to me.

And yeah. I am not just a uterus and ovaries made for baby making. I'm a human being who has crap I wanna do haha.

@Cherryblod
My mom told me babies are remarkably sturdy and that you don't have to worry about them just breaking in your hands. And once they can support their heads by themselves you're good lol.

@PastelCutie
I probably won't really enjoy my time around my nephew much until he's like 3 or 4. When I can actually understand him.

And I get really mad when people are like "UGH I HATE babies!! They should just go away from everywhere! They're DISGUSTING!!" like calm down, they're not trying to be evil devils.

@Starite
I told my niece when she was like....idk, 9 or 10, that I have a hard time with kids, but that she's at the age where it's much easier for me since I feel like I can have a conversation with them. And I also apologize when I swear in front of her. I know she's about to hit the painful stage of adolescence where she'll be obsessed with the most embarrassing boy bands, so I'll probably be like "you can do this, but lemme warn you that you might be embarrassed by it later." But I don't wanna buzzkill all her fun haha.
lightningshieldl.png ePOliyb.png
Oo1lWlZ.png
QQYyU47.png
gYW0j5f.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
Zeke/KitKat
lightninganim3.gif
6KQB58c.png
G5AOhhN.png
cTFAUOc.png
oaolHwW.png
1AKTlm5.png
qFgWn8o.png
GFMPnvG.png
lightningshieldr.png
@Torru
I also had an easier time befriending those older than me than my own peers, but you could probably blame that on my ADD and my lack of actual social skills thanks to it.
@Torru
I also had an easier time befriending those older than me than my own peers, but you could probably blame that on my ADD and my lack of actual social skills thanks to it.
Oo1lWlZ.png
QQYyU47.png
gYW0j5f.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
Zeke/KitKat
lightninganim3.gif
6KQB58c.png
G5AOhhN.png
cTFAUOc.png
oaolHwW.png
1AKTlm5.png
qFgWn8o.png
GFMPnvG.png
lightningshieldr.png
@KitKatPurrpurr oh is that a thing? i might be. i wouldn't be surprised if i had some kind of phobia of pregnancy in general, i just never thought about it.

i actually am adopted myself! it's great and i don't really understand the stigma around it. just, y'know, be honest with your kids and don't act like it's something to be ashamed of or that it makes you less of a family just because you're not biologically related.
@KitKatPurrpurr oh is that a thing? i might be. i wouldn't be surprised if i had some kind of phobia of pregnancy in general, i just never thought about it.

i actually am adopted myself! it's great and i don't really understand the stigma around it. just, y'know, be honest with your kids and don't act like it's something to be ashamed of or that it makes you less of a family just because you're not biologically related.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
I'm not very kid-friendly, and thankfully my parents don't give me the whole 'grandkid' crap that I know most people have to endure when they tell their folks they don't want children.

The only children I'll be having are ones that walk on four legs and wag their tails. ;)
I'm not very kid-friendly, and thankfully my parents don't give me the whole 'grandkid' crap that I know most people have to endure when they tell their folks they don't want children.

The only children I'll be having are ones that walk on four legs and wag their tails. ;)
nPEtuOq.png SILN8af.gif VO3icXF.png
@inklizard
Yeah it's a thing. Might be worth looking up, though be warned for pictures of course, since looking up phobias sometimes causes pictures to pop up.

I know someone who was adopted and hated it and believes adoption shouldn't be a thing, and because she and tons of other adopted people in her Facebook groups say the same thing, that makes her right, idk. But I also know many people who were adopted and are happy/glad they were, so yeah. Lol.

@CleverCorvid
If not for the fact I really haven't had to deal with much pet death in my life that really got to me, and the one I have has caused some trauma for me 7-8 years after (despite her death being just her going out into the woods to die away from us), and the fact that even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, I'd be the same way. But pets just don't live long enough and I don't want to go through more loss in my life than I have to. So I probably won't have anymore pets after my current cat passes.

I can't even think about it, crap, haha
@inklizard
Yeah it's a thing. Might be worth looking up, though be warned for pictures of course, since looking up phobias sometimes causes pictures to pop up.

I know someone who was adopted and hated it and believes adoption shouldn't be a thing, and because she and tons of other adopted people in her Facebook groups say the same thing, that makes her right, idk. But I also know many people who were adopted and are happy/glad they were, so yeah. Lol.

@CleverCorvid
If not for the fact I really haven't had to deal with much pet death in my life that really got to me, and the one I have has caused some trauma for me 7-8 years after (despite her death being just her going out into the woods to die away from us), and the fact that even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, I'd be the same way. But pets just don't live long enough and I don't want to go through more loss in my life than I have to. So I probably won't have anymore pets after my current cat passes.

I can't even think about it, crap, haha
Oo1lWlZ.png
QQYyU47.png
gYW0j5f.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
Zeke/KitKat
lightninganim3.gif
6KQB58c.png
G5AOhhN.png
cTFAUOc.png