Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Don't like babies/kids?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
I adore babies and young children. I love to entertain them and make them happy and listen to what they have to say or do. I have a natural habit of talking to children like I talk to adults which they seem to like because it's not condescending and they are a lot smarter than people given them credit for. I remember being a kid and just so invalidated because I knew actual cool things but nobody really wanted to listen to me. Baby crying never really bothers me or makes me annoyed, not to brag but I had to babysit a toddler who had severe separation anxiety that would cry for at least an hour after his mom left and really the only way that could get him out of a tizzy would be walking laps while holding him. My dream job is to run a parrot rescue where I can train the parrots to work in educational shows for elementary school children.

For my own children, I'm not having any until I'm maybe 35 or so and I'm only going to adopt. Being pregnant seems like such a chore and the world is already overpopulated and full of kids who need a permanent home. I'd love to have two or three, two is more likely and I'd probably only have kids of I was with a partner. If I never settle down with someone I'll probably remain childless.

It really bugs me on how ANYONE is allowed to have a kid. Like so many people want to parent "their way" even when their parenting techniques have been proven to cause long term damage to the child. I honestly think a very small amount of parents are actually capable of raising children. I have friends who have grown up in households where they were the butt end of constant negative criticism, negativity and verbal abuse and while they try to stay stable the long term effects of it are very clear as one of my friends will burst into tears without warning and the looming feeling of being inadequate or unwanted. Just the other day my girlfriend found a child wandering Walmart and helped her locate her mom. When the mom found her, she wasn't happy at all to see her child, she just power walked over and started hitting the child for running off, then left the store while saying "You all lose your kids because you don't hit them".
I adore babies and young children. I love to entertain them and make them happy and listen to what they have to say or do. I have a natural habit of talking to children like I talk to adults which they seem to like because it's not condescending and they are a lot smarter than people given them credit for. I remember being a kid and just so invalidated because I knew actual cool things but nobody really wanted to listen to me. Baby crying never really bothers me or makes me annoyed, not to brag but I had to babysit a toddler who had severe separation anxiety that would cry for at least an hour after his mom left and really the only way that could get him out of a tizzy would be walking laps while holding him. My dream job is to run a parrot rescue where I can train the parrots to work in educational shows for elementary school children.

For my own children, I'm not having any until I'm maybe 35 or so and I'm only going to adopt. Being pregnant seems like such a chore and the world is already overpopulated and full of kids who need a permanent home. I'd love to have two or three, two is more likely and I'd probably only have kids of I was with a partner. If I never settle down with someone I'll probably remain childless.

It really bugs me on how ANYONE is allowed to have a kid. Like so many people want to parent "their way" even when their parenting techniques have been proven to cause long term damage to the child. I honestly think a very small amount of parents are actually capable of raising children. I have friends who have grown up in households where they were the butt end of constant negative criticism, negativity and verbal abuse and while they try to stay stable the long term effects of it are very clear as one of my friends will burst into tears without warning and the looming feeling of being inadequate or unwanted. Just the other day my girlfriend found a child wandering Walmart and helped her locate her mom. When the mom found her, she wasn't happy at all to see her child, she just power walked over and started hitting the child for running off, then left the store while saying "You all lose your kids because you don't hit them".
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
Husband and I had and will always have zero interest in having kids. Babies are ugly, they grow into obnoxious little twerps, and even when they're older you have to maintain the finances and energy levels to take care of them. We don't have the money, energy, or time to provide for one, so I'd rather keep the population down.
Husband and I had and will always have zero interest in having kids. Babies are ugly, they grow into obnoxious little twerps, and even when they're older you have to maintain the finances and energy levels to take care of them. We don't have the money, energy, or time to provide for one, so I'd rather keep the population down.
No way will I ever have kids. I don't necessarily hate kids or babies, but I really don't want any near me, let alone raise one. I prefer pets!
No way will I ever have kids. I don't necessarily hate kids or babies, but I really don't want any near me, let alone raise one. I prefer pets!
I have the misfortune of being good with kids/babies, so my parents think I'm destined to be a great mother. I'm not even eighteen.

Jokes on you, parents, I'm trans.

I do actually like children to a degree, but I have absolutely no interest in raising any of my own. The idea of it is nice, but the crying and all that other stuff... no. My parents are convinced I'm going to change my mind, of course. :/
I have the misfortune of being good with kids/babies, so my parents think I'm destined to be a great mother. I'm not even eighteen.

Jokes on you, parents, I'm trans.

I do actually like children to a degree, but I have absolutely no interest in raising any of my own. The idea of it is nice, but the crying and all that other stuff... no. My parents are convinced I'm going to change my mind, of course. :/
VHFsfxu.gif
People keep telling me I'd make a wonderful parent. I'm good with kids, at a certain age. I'm strict without being overtly so and I'm lenient enough that kids really like me as well. Do I want my own? No. Do I want to babysit for more than a few hours? No.
If a child is too young to enteract or understand what I'm saying or doesn't have the motor skills to eat its own food, really I want nothing at all to do with them. This actually also goes for older children with disabilities. OH GOD YOU MONSTER people say. But dude, I have my own issues and I cannot mentally handle getting dirty, just can't do it.

I've never really wanted children. I value independence and freedom as the most important thing in life and kids shatter that like the thinnest sheet of ice. Once you have a kid, there is no such thing as freedom and I can't handle that either. Like, it even freaks me out when my friends talk about having kids, because to me, that means I will lose my friend. I've had friends who have had kids. I used to visit them every single day and we would just hang. Since they've had kids, I've only seen them a handful of times in the last five years. So when my childless friends say they might want kids, I get insanely depressed and anxious. (Obviously I tell them none of this. Deciding to have kids is an incredibly personal choice and your friends have no say in it whatsoever, nor should they.)
Or when my RP partners suggest our characters should have kids because... I just can't stand it. I remember a panic attack once becasue the friend of my character decided she wanted to have kids with another character. And lo-and behold, that character never rp'd with mine again because it was too busy with the child, eventually the player got so bored with their own character that instead of just doing a rewind to before the kid, they dropped the character entirely.

To me, children have always symbolized incredible loss; loss of freedom, loss of family or friends, loss of just the ability to be you. Once you have kids, it's not just the addition of responsibility that is the only change in your life. You become a completely diffent person because your priorities change to revolve totally around this child. I just can't handle that. I just can't. No one seems to understand the stress just thinking "what if something happened and I got pregnant" puts on me.

Yes some kids are adorable and it's nice to interact with them and teach them and occasionally play with them but I do not want any of my own, no sir. I like who I am.
People keep telling me I'd make a wonderful parent. I'm good with kids, at a certain age. I'm strict without being overtly so and I'm lenient enough that kids really like me as well. Do I want my own? No. Do I want to babysit for more than a few hours? No.
If a child is too young to enteract or understand what I'm saying or doesn't have the motor skills to eat its own food, really I want nothing at all to do with them. This actually also goes for older children with disabilities. OH GOD YOU MONSTER people say. But dude, I have my own issues and I cannot mentally handle getting dirty, just can't do it.

I've never really wanted children. I value independence and freedom as the most important thing in life and kids shatter that like the thinnest sheet of ice. Once you have a kid, there is no such thing as freedom and I can't handle that either. Like, it even freaks me out when my friends talk about having kids, because to me, that means I will lose my friend. I've had friends who have had kids. I used to visit them every single day and we would just hang. Since they've had kids, I've only seen them a handful of times in the last five years. So when my childless friends say they might want kids, I get insanely depressed and anxious. (Obviously I tell them none of this. Deciding to have kids is an incredibly personal choice and your friends have no say in it whatsoever, nor should they.)
Or when my RP partners suggest our characters should have kids because... I just can't stand it. I remember a panic attack once becasue the friend of my character decided she wanted to have kids with another character. And lo-and behold, that character never rp'd with mine again because it was too busy with the child, eventually the player got so bored with their own character that instead of just doing a rewind to before the kid, they dropped the character entirely.

To me, children have always symbolized incredible loss; loss of freedom, loss of family or friends, loss of just the ability to be you. Once you have kids, it's not just the addition of responsibility that is the only change in your life. You become a completely diffent person because your priorities change to revolve totally around this child. I just can't handle that. I just can't. No one seems to understand the stress just thinking "what if something happened and I got pregnant" puts on me.

Yes some kids are adorable and it's nice to interact with them and teach them and occasionally play with them but I do not want any of my own, no sir. I like who I am.
Iaizy9a.png
Matt | He/Him/His | Single | So Very Gay
i like kids. theyre cute and all but i could never see myself raising one, let alone giving birth... i think if i ever changed my mind though i would adopt. also the fact that kids cost so much to take care of is just so...
i like kids. theyre cute and all but i could never see myself raising one, let alone giving birth... i think if i ever changed my mind though i would adopt. also the fact that kids cost so much to take care of is just so...
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
Conversation I have almost EVERY day at work:

*friendly banter*

Customer/coworker "Do you have kids of your own?"

Me: "No, I'm far too young for that."

"Oh? How old are you?"

"19"

"Psh. That's plenty old enough."

*deadpans* "Physically, yes."
Conversation I have almost EVERY day at work:

*friendly banter*

Customer/coworker "Do you have kids of your own?"

Me: "No, I'm far too young for that."

"Oh? How old are you?"

"19"

"Psh. That's plenty old enough."

*deadpans* "Physically, yes."
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
LIKE HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HAVE A CHILDREN

I MYSELF AM STILL A CHILDREN
LIKE HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HAVE A CHILDREN

I MYSELF AM STILL A CHILDREN
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
I'm not one fore kids. Or Babies. They scream and cry and can hit a pitch the sends shivers down my spine.

Children tend to be sticky all the time, even when freshly washed and Babies always smell like urine. Always.

Maybe it's just me, but I've told my mother that maybe I'll adopt older kids and give them a safe home, but I will never have kids of my own.
I'm not one fore kids. Or Babies. They scream and cry and can hit a pitch the sends shivers down my spine.

Children tend to be sticky all the time, even when freshly washed and Babies always smell like urine. Always.

Maybe it's just me, but I've told my mother that maybe I'll adopt older kids and give them a safe home, but I will never have kids of my own.
RWoPpk.png
I'm not a fan. It's rare that I ever find children or babies cute. I hate how dirty and messy kids can be and I also hate how loud kids and babies can be. I work in a kennel, I don't need any additional loudness in my life. Also, I have no clue how to interact with children and babies. I always try to be pleasant around children of course, I just usually don't say much because I don't know what to say. I also really don't have the patience for them.

Oddly enough (or not oddly enough?), I ADORE other baby animals (puppies and kittens for example) and have no problem interacting with them or cleaning up after them. I've bottle-raised litters of kittens for rescues even. Just don't expect me to be able to feel the same about human babies. xD They do not excite me at all. Like if a relative or friend asked if I wanted to hold their baby I'd probably say no.

As for if I would ever have kids I've always been like NONONO but I mean really who knows what could happen in the future (maybe I'll change my mind? bleh). It ain't happenin' any time soon.

I will say this though: kids say and can come up with the funniest/weirdest stuff.
I'm not a fan. It's rare that I ever find children or babies cute. I hate how dirty and messy kids can be and I also hate how loud kids and babies can be. I work in a kennel, I don't need any additional loudness in my life. Also, I have no clue how to interact with children and babies. I always try to be pleasant around children of course, I just usually don't say much because I don't know what to say. I also really don't have the patience for them.

Oddly enough (or not oddly enough?), I ADORE other baby animals (puppies and kittens for example) and have no problem interacting with them or cleaning up after them. I've bottle-raised litters of kittens for rescues even. Just don't expect me to be able to feel the same about human babies. xD They do not excite me at all. Like if a relative or friend asked if I wanted to hold their baby I'd probably say no.

As for if I would ever have kids I've always been like NONONO but I mean really who knows what could happen in the future (maybe I'll change my mind? bleh). It ain't happenin' any time soon.

I will say this though: kids say and can come up with the funniest/weirdest stuff.
j3ZfEJa.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13