Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mary Sue confession thread!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A long, long time ago in the year 2010, I made a demon character based off my LEGO Universe avatar.

At the time, her name was Klementine Hawkeye. All powerful demon, had really bad lore, and very beautiful. She was made so everyone would love her. And don't even get me started how cliche her demon form was. Edgy and just.... bleh. No consequences to being demon either, just able to transform whenever she felt like it, had pale white skin, red and black eyes, and red wings. Looking back, it's quite 3edgy5me. She also happened to be a self insert of me.

And now, 6 years later, she's gone through so many changes it's unbelievable. Her name now is Klementine Retter. She is still a demon but is more believable, has a consequence to being a demon for a certain amount of time. She still has powers but has several weaknesses to balance it out. And her personality is rather loudmouthed, no filter. So understandably she says some offensive stuff, people get annoyed. She doesn't have many allies. She still has some flaws I'd like to iron out, but for now I'm happy with how she is.
A long, long time ago in the year 2010, I made a demon character based off my LEGO Universe avatar.

At the time, her name was Klementine Hawkeye. All powerful demon, had really bad lore, and very beautiful. She was made so everyone would love her. And don't even get me started how cliche her demon form was. Edgy and just.... bleh. No consequences to being demon either, just able to transform whenever she felt like it, had pale white skin, red and black eyes, and red wings. Looking back, it's quite 3edgy5me. She also happened to be a self insert of me.

And now, 6 years later, she's gone through so many changes it's unbelievable. Her name now is Klementine Retter. She is still a demon but is more believable, has a consequence to being a demon for a certain amount of time. She still has powers but has several weaknesses to balance it out. And her personality is rather loudmouthed, no filter. So understandably she says some offensive stuff, people get annoyed. She doesn't have many allies. She still has some flaws I'd like to iron out, but for now I'm happy with how she is.
I know a character who's really popular so it's kind of frustrating. A bit of a generic action girl personality wise but the biggest issue there is that she has no flaws, everything the character does turns out to be perfect, she knows everything and makes friends with everyone except the bad guys and can beat even trained warriors in fights despite never fighting before, never training and knowing nothing. Had this been a less popular character people would be tripping over themselves to talk about how lame they are. But since she's popular, everyone lines up to defend it.
I know a character who's really popular so it's kind of frustrating. A bit of a generic action girl personality wise but the biggest issue there is that she has no flaws, everything the character does turns out to be perfect, she knows everything and makes friends with everyone except the bad guys and can beat even trained warriors in fights despite never fighting before, never training and knowing nothing. Had this been a less popular character people would be tripping over themselves to talk about how lame they are. But since she's popular, everyone lines up to defend it.
Hoo, boy. I used to have a team of Transformers OCs who were all kids of the originals (read "my ships") and had no personality outside of whining about love triangles and whining about wanting to be seen as adults. But of course as soon as one grew a smidgen of a personality, the rest got chunked so I could draw him obsessively.

And let's not get into my made up Warrior clan or their ultra-perfect leader. Or her love affair with the leader of the eeeeevil clan. :/
Hoo, boy. I used to have a team of Transformers OCs who were all kids of the originals (read "my ships") and had no personality outside of whining about love triangles and whining about wanting to be seen as adults. But of course as soon as one grew a smidgen of a personality, the rest got chunked so I could draw him obsessively.

And let's not get into my made up Warrior clan or their ultra-perfect leader. Or her love affair with the leader of the eeeeevil clan. :/
Oh dear, when my 11 year old self got into Naruto I had the worst mary sue ever. Her name was Nyx and she had long black hair that reached her waist and eyes that swirled every color of the rainbow (I'm seriously not kidding). She was quiet and never really spoke to any of the other characters but they were all in love with her and she lived in a treehouse in the middle of the forest and befriended all of the creatures there. And of course, despite never training, she beat anyone she came across in like two seconds flat when they challenged her. Ugh.
Oh dear, when my 11 year old self got into Naruto I had the worst mary sue ever. Her name was Nyx and she had long black hair that reached her waist and eyes that swirled every color of the rainbow (I'm seriously not kidding). She was quiet and never really spoke to any of the other characters but they were all in love with her and she lived in a treehouse in the middle of the forest and befriended all of the creatures there. And of course, despite never training, she beat anyone she came across in like two seconds flat when they challenged her. Ugh.
tumblr_oferpqhao11vfu9p0o1_100.pngtumblr_ofnu6e5o9v1vfu9p0o1_250.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png
Back when I was a hardcore My Little Pony fan, I had a pegasus OC named Fire Flyte. Her talent was the ability to control fire and my reason was that she was from an unknown land.

Her personality and appearance... for thise who know who this character is, just paint Rainbow Dash orange with red/orange/yellow mane colors and give her a flaming feather cutie mark and you have Fire Flyte. Also take the sonic rainboom and make it every warm color, and hey add a bit of actual fire in there as well. On top of that she had no enemies and was supposed to be super powerful and super fast.

And the worst mary sue I've ever RPed with was actually a gary stu. In fact there are two of them.

One was a 'legendary rainbow dragon' that could use any elemental ability you can think of and was adored by every character except mine. This dragon was a hatchling that had quite literally just grown its wings and it could easily defeat an adult dragon much larger than it (by turning into lava I might add).

The second was a 17 year old demon who was so powerful one could call him a god. He had at least 4 different forms including his normal form and couldn't die. Actually he couldn't even be injured unless your character was a powerful angel. He hadcso many weapons and abilities, ach one just as overpowered as the last. He also had super hearing and smell. This character was also a celebrity, loved by everyone. He didn't even have haters. And if that wasn't bad enough, his parents were Freddy and Chica and his brother was Golden Freddy. Yes, this thing was a Five Nights at Freddy's OC.
Back when I was a hardcore My Little Pony fan, I had a pegasus OC named Fire Flyte. Her talent was the ability to control fire and my reason was that she was from an unknown land.

Her personality and appearance... for thise who know who this character is, just paint Rainbow Dash orange with red/orange/yellow mane colors and give her a flaming feather cutie mark and you have Fire Flyte. Also take the sonic rainboom and make it every warm color, and hey add a bit of actual fire in there as well. On top of that she had no enemies and was supposed to be super powerful and super fast.

And the worst mary sue I've ever RPed with was actually a gary stu. In fact there are two of them.

One was a 'legendary rainbow dragon' that could use any elemental ability you can think of and was adored by every character except mine. This dragon was a hatchling that had quite literally just grown its wings and it could easily defeat an adult dragon much larger than it (by turning into lava I might add).

The second was a 17 year old demon who was so powerful one could call him a god. He had at least 4 different forms including his normal form and couldn't die. Actually he couldn't even be injured unless your character was a powerful angel. He hadcso many weapons and abilities, ach one just as overpowered as the last. He also had super hearing and smell. This character was also a celebrity, loved by everyone. He didn't even have haters. And if that wasn't bad enough, his parents were Freddy and Chica and his brother was Golden Freddy. Yes, this thing was a Five Nights at Freddy's OC.
.gif2015_10_25_commission_nom_nom_worm.pngDvqFBqS.gif.gif.gif
Who shall I share first? Might as well throw my old seventh grade Code Lyoko oc in here.

Her name was Phoenix and was secretly some sort of shape shifting species who befriended the Lyoko group. She had two different colored eyes, and her Lyoko outfit back in sixth grade was a carbon copy of Aelita's second Lyoko outfit but it was black and red. Her revamped one was one I can't even remember, I think ive got some sort of fan fiction with her in it somewhere.

My teen titans one is older, I'm trying to save her but I can't figure out how. This child was the long lost sister of Raven and had similar powers, and was blackmailed into helping Slade. She had a talking wolf friend as well, so there's that.

My old wolf character from way back (fifth/sixth grade) was black with red swirly markings and wings. She wasn't a demon or anything, all she did was have the ability to create small tornadoes. Not too bad but her colors are ick honestly.

An old mlp oc was really really dark blue, a rainbow dash mane and tail that was black and grey, bat wings, and a sharp horn. Her family had been killed the Celestia/Luna battle when she first turned into Nightmare Moon.

The final, and yet not as bad, Ashleaf/Ashstar who was the leader of Nightclan. She had previously been more edgy but I had revamped her a bit a few months later, she originally became leader of Shadowclan for some reason? And then I made her a medicine cat/deputy of Nightclan, which had been chased out by Firestar. She became leader after (two, three?) clans attacked her clan and leader and killed him. She also had an affair with a loner but Idek what all happened with that.
Who shall I share first? Might as well throw my old seventh grade Code Lyoko oc in here.

Her name was Phoenix and was secretly some sort of shape shifting species who befriended the Lyoko group. She had two different colored eyes, and her Lyoko outfit back in sixth grade was a carbon copy of Aelita's second Lyoko outfit but it was black and red. Her revamped one was one I can't even remember, I think ive got some sort of fan fiction with her in it somewhere.

My teen titans one is older, I'm trying to save her but I can't figure out how. This child was the long lost sister of Raven and had similar powers, and was blackmailed into helping Slade. She had a talking wolf friend as well, so there's that.

My old wolf character from way back (fifth/sixth grade) was black with red swirly markings and wings. She wasn't a demon or anything, all she did was have the ability to create small tornadoes. Not too bad but her colors are ick honestly.

An old mlp oc was really really dark blue, a rainbow dash mane and tail that was black and grey, bat wings, and a sharp horn. Her family had been killed the Celestia/Luna battle when she first turned into Nightmare Moon.

The final, and yet not as bad, Ashleaf/Ashstar who was the leader of Nightclan. She had previously been more edgy but I had revamped her a bit a few months later, she originally became leader of Shadowclan for some reason? And then I made her a medicine cat/deputy of Nightclan, which had been chased out by Firestar. She became leader after (two, three?) clans attacked her clan and leader and killed him. She also had an affair with a loner but Idek what all happened with that.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
my first hp oc was disgustingly mary-sue since she was Voldemort's daughter and Draco's girlfriend. She was an animagus at 14? and was actually Nagini, though her real name was Lena Riddle, but I changed it so that she married Voldemort instead since I loved him more, and she became Lena Prince, who was Snape's aunt -- I can't remember how she was able to stay young?

It was all pretty messy stuff lmao
my first hp oc was disgustingly mary-sue since she was Voldemort's daughter and Draco's girlfriend. She was an animagus at 14? and was actually Nagini, though her real name was Lena Riddle, but I changed it so that she married Voldemort instead since I loved him more, and she became Lena Prince, who was Snape's aunt -- I can't remember how she was able to stay young?

It was all pretty messy stuff lmao
*Rubs hands together* Ohh man do I have some shamefull late 2011-early 2012 oc's. When I was still into mlp (not anymore for obvious reasons) I had a black and red rainbowdash clone/recolor oc that was a princess of another kingdom and turned into this monster princes with dark magic powers, she was literally everything you could do to make a pony sue. I think her name was dark cloud? I could be wrong.

As someone aspiring to be a character designer, I'm glad I've improved from when I was 12.
*Rubs hands together* Ohh man do I have some shamefull late 2011-early 2012 oc's. When I was still into mlp (not anymore for obvious reasons) I had a black and red rainbowdash clone/recolor oc that was a princess of another kingdom and turned into this monster princes with dark magic powers, she was literally everything you could do to make a pony sue. I think her name was dark cloud? I could be wrong.

As someone aspiring to be a character designer, I'm glad I've improved from when I was 12.
tumblr_nxdei30UhH1ujt5g9o1_250.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13