Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mary Sue confession thread!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I was lucky not to have a Sonic phase or anything like that, but dear god me in Neopets. See, I have a thing for the stoic bad*ss who's always calm and obviously powerful. Definitely been my type even after I moved out of the Mary Sue/Gary Sue stages. I had a winged wolf named Trance who could control light and shadows who was super stoic. Then a black dragon named Smoak who was the last of a warrior race of dragons on this planet who was being reluctantly courted by the fire goddess of the world so she could start a new world war. He was eventually going to be able to become the god of war. Yeah, it was pretty bad. SO many stoic/bad*ss characters. I blame Star Wars and Lord of the Rings in my childhood.
I was lucky not to have a Sonic phase or anything like that, but dear god me in Neopets. See, I have a thing for the stoic bad*ss who's always calm and obviously powerful. Definitely been my type even after I moved out of the Mary Sue/Gary Sue stages. I had a winged wolf named Trance who could control light and shadows who was super stoic. Then a black dragon named Smoak who was the last of a warrior race of dragons on this planet who was being reluctantly courted by the fire goddess of the world so she could start a new world war. He was eventually going to be able to become the god of war. Yeah, it was pretty bad. SO many stoic/bad*ss characters. I blame Star Wars and Lord of the Rings in my childhood.
hLLLu9U.gif
595bwIn.png
My sweet little skunk girl used to be a Sonic OC who was Sonic's girlfriend. She didn't have and powers, but her time-traveling purple and green hedgehog children did. One could levitate people and things in bubbles, and the other could teleport, I think? She also lived on Angel Island, or did, before her house burned down and she got separated from her family during the fire, and ran off to go on adventures of her own.

She was a lot more of a sue than she is today, though.
My sweet little skunk girl used to be a Sonic OC who was Sonic's girlfriend. She didn't have and powers, but her time-traveling purple and green hedgehog children did. One could levitate people and things in bubbles, and the other could teleport, I think? She also lived on Angel Island, or did, before her house burned down and she got separated from her family during the fire, and ran off to go on adventures of her own.

She was a lot more of a sue than she is today, though.
20iias5.png
I don't remember a lot, but I do remember making up an alien race in the Star Wars universe (I had started delving into the EU at that point and was very into everything Star Wars) that had very elf-like characteristics in a lot of things - immortal, graceful, etc. They had some sort of hibernation skill - I don't remember a lot, but it was a defense mechanism that made the body stagnate and basically imitate death perfectly.

The character I made from that species as a self-insert was a really powerful Jedi of incredible beauty and wisdom. To some degree I am still attached to her and not ashamed to admit it.

Same with my other OCs who were all very powerful mages and magic users, I mostly used them for online rping with other girls and it was a pretty tight-knit group for a while, but the characters had little personality. I can remember one of them having the phoenix as her main power source. She was also the princess of some realm and basically the reincarnation of that phoenix (as are all rulers of that country). But the power was very volatile and gave me the perfect reason to add a dark version of her into the story.
I don't remember a lot, but I do remember making up an alien race in the Star Wars universe (I had started delving into the EU at that point and was very into everything Star Wars) that had very elf-like characteristics in a lot of things - immortal, graceful, etc. They had some sort of hibernation skill - I don't remember a lot, but it was a defense mechanism that made the body stagnate and basically imitate death perfectly.

The character I made from that species as a self-insert was a really powerful Jedi of incredible beauty and wisdom. To some degree I am still attached to her and not ashamed to admit it.

Same with my other OCs who were all very powerful mages and magic users, I mostly used them for online rping with other girls and it was a pretty tight-knit group for a while, but the characters had little personality. I can remember one of them having the phoenix as her main power source. She was also the princess of some realm and basically the reincarnation of that phoenix (as are all rulers of that country). But the power was very volatile and gave me the perfect reason to add a dark version of her into the story.
she/her, FR+9
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
Oh god Mary-Sues.
I'm ashamed to admit that I had ONE character that was used as a self insert for everything.
Basically a multi-verse self-insert mary-sue.
I'm so sorry.
The most I remember was when I used her in a FullMetal Alchemist Roleplay, when I was a young teen. The roleplay was super fun and the people were great, but god was my character cringe-worthy.
She was, in this universe, an Alchemist that could control shadows (which is already quite canon-breaking, so first red flag here) and since she had done human transmutation (because ofc why not) she was cursed; she had to wear a special bracelet all the time, and if it got removed, she would transform in a horrible beast. Which... Was something I stole from Fruit Basket, 'cause I was super into it at the time. (Y'know, that whole thing about the Cat/Kyo... Yeah, that. Shameless copying, I'm very sorry ;w; )
It gets even worse though. Since I had a crush on Envy at the time, he for some reason was always after my self-insert character in the RP. Not for any reason of romance or something (though back then I wished for it to happen *I was dumb I'm so sorry*) just... Because.
Also my character was always injured and tortured and almost everything was about them.
The end.
How did the other RPers put up with my sh*t? I don't understand that, and I'm sorry for being a horrid roleplayer back then; luckily I'm not like that anymore (thank goodness).
Oh god Mary-Sues.
I'm ashamed to admit that I had ONE character that was used as a self insert for everything.
Basically a multi-verse self-insert mary-sue.
I'm so sorry.
The most I remember was when I used her in a FullMetal Alchemist Roleplay, when I was a young teen. The roleplay was super fun and the people were great, but god was my character cringe-worthy.
She was, in this universe, an Alchemist that could control shadows (which is already quite canon-breaking, so first red flag here) and since she had done human transmutation (because ofc why not) she was cursed; she had to wear a special bracelet all the time, and if it got removed, she would transform in a horrible beast. Which... Was something I stole from Fruit Basket, 'cause I was super into it at the time. (Y'know, that whole thing about the Cat/Kyo... Yeah, that. Shameless copying, I'm very sorry ;w; )
It gets even worse though. Since I had a crush on Envy at the time, he for some reason was always after my self-insert character in the RP. Not for any reason of romance or something (though back then I wished for it to happen *I was dumb I'm so sorry*) just... Because.
Also my character was always injured and tortured and almost everything was about them.
The end.
How did the other RPers put up with my sh*t? I don't understand that, and I'm sorry for being a horrid roleplayer back then; luckily I'm not like that anymore (thank goodness).
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
Oh boy, did I have some Sues...
I started role-playing with characters and drawing and stuff when I was about eleven so of course I fell right into that pit. Luckily a few years later I learned what they were, why they were bad, etc. and grew from there. Phew.

I first had this demon girl I made up for Inuyasha. I think her name was Kiyana or something...but yeah, she could beat Sesshomaru up and he fell in love with her because she was so ~cool~ and interesting.

And then my Redwall phase was about the same time, came out of left field...and THEN Harry Potter, where I made up this new race of wolf girls who lived in the Forbidden Forest and he had to go ask them for their mystical, powerful magic to help him fight Voldemort. Oh yeah, it happened.

I was so...wow, I am embarrassing myself just remembering all of this! I forgot about a lot of it. Thank you (?) for reminding me. I don't know how my rp buddies at the time went along with it...but I guess they were just as young and clueless as I was!

Oh boy, did I have some Sues...
I started role-playing with characters and drawing and stuff when I was about eleven so of course I fell right into that pit. Luckily a few years later I learned what they were, why they were bad, etc. and grew from there. Phew.

I first had this demon girl I made up for Inuyasha. I think her name was Kiyana or something...but yeah, she could beat Sesshomaru up and he fell in love with her because she was so ~cool~ and interesting.

And then my Redwall phase was about the same time, came out of left field...and THEN Harry Potter, where I made up this new race of wolf girls who lived in the Forbidden Forest and he had to go ask them for their mystical, powerful magic to help him fight Voldemort. Oh yeah, it happened.

I was so...wow, I am embarrassing myself just remembering all of this! I forgot about a lot of it. Thank you (?) for reminding me. I don't know how my rp buddies at the time went along with it...but I guess they were just as young and clueless as I was!

In elementary school I had a non-Japanese character named Yuka who was 16 (I thought anyone over 18 was way too old), had waist length crimson red hair in a single braid with bangs and yellow eyes. I used to draw him all the time and got really upset when people thought he was a girl, hahaha. He was a bishi, Grandma, jeez. I don't remember too much about him because it was a super long time ago and I never wrote anything down, but I think he was from a fantasy race of people with cat-like ears on the side of their heads like in Chobits that were like really dumb because of religion or something? (But he was an ATHEIST, oooooo) And he was raised by a different fantasy race of people who were like demonic (but misunderstood) and lived in a grey desert wasteland. I think he also had a long-lost human father who was an assassin? But I do remember that I gave him weird spikey knight armor, a mysteeeeerious black cloak that hid his face, and he fought people with metal claw hands

I was a really weird kid.
In elementary school I had a non-Japanese character named Yuka who was 16 (I thought anyone over 18 was way too old), had waist length crimson red hair in a single braid with bangs and yellow eyes. I used to draw him all the time and got really upset when people thought he was a girl, hahaha. He was a bishi, Grandma, jeez. I don't remember too much about him because it was a super long time ago and I never wrote anything down, but I think he was from a fantasy race of people with cat-like ears on the side of their heads like in Chobits that were like really dumb because of religion or something? (But he was an ATHEIST, oooooo) And he was raised by a different fantasy race of people who were like demonic (but misunderstood) and lived in a grey desert wasteland. I think he also had a long-lost human father who was an assassin? But I do remember that I gave him weird spikey knight armor, a mysteeeeerious black cloak that hid his face, and he fought people with metal claw hands

I was a really weird kid.
tumblr_norvnxg6cx1tzsbdvo2_r2_100.pnghey kid. wanna buy an art
Oh man, well... it started off as a dragon character when I was 9 after I'd seen a book named Dragon Riders in a bookstore. Then, somehow it dissolved into a full-blown story that carried on in my head whilst I was meant to be asleep for a good 3 years. A girl in an orphanage (who shared my birth name) who was abused by the woman who ran the orphanage. She got adopted, they abused her, she ran away and found a cave which just so happened to house a dragon named Sunsetta. Imaginative, I know. After she'd stayed with this dragon for a while, she turned into a hatchling (or, to quote my 9-year-old self, a draglet). Somehow, she could shapeshift back into a human. Some humans strolled past the cave, picked her up and took her home. She lived with them for a while until she got invited to go on a TV show (I think it was called Truth or Dare Camp - it wasn't a real show, mind you). She went on the show, made a few friends, got put into the DareDevil camp and did a few challenges (eating bugs and stuff, idk). Then, one night, a vampire came and bit her, but somehow she recognised him from when she was a little baby. He disappeared soon after. Another monster soon rampaged through the camp and took her away. It was Bowser. He ate her liver or something weird. I'm not really sure but it was really strange. For some reason, he and the Koopa Kids could turn into humans as well - the Mary-Sue fell in love with Bowser Jr, who was shunned by his family (????????????????). She was set free by him. After wandering for a bit in a wasteland, she was found by Princess Peach, who was her mum, and was told that her real name was Aquamarine Crystal Tennant-Toadstool (the Tennant was because of David Tennant. I???).

That's not the whole story, but by the time I realised "Crud, she's a Mary-Sue", she was a Timelord-Vampire-Koopa Kid-Werewolf-Pokemon-Mermaid-Dragon-Succubus-whatever the hell.
It's kind of sad to think that this fictional world consumed pretty much my whole life - in my diary, I used to have alternating pages for the "Outside World" and my world. :')
Oh man, well... it started off as a dragon character when I was 9 after I'd seen a book named Dragon Riders in a bookstore. Then, somehow it dissolved into a full-blown story that carried on in my head whilst I was meant to be asleep for a good 3 years. A girl in an orphanage (who shared my birth name) who was abused by the woman who ran the orphanage. She got adopted, they abused her, she ran away and found a cave which just so happened to house a dragon named Sunsetta. Imaginative, I know. After she'd stayed with this dragon for a while, she turned into a hatchling (or, to quote my 9-year-old self, a draglet). Somehow, she could shapeshift back into a human. Some humans strolled past the cave, picked her up and took her home. She lived with them for a while until she got invited to go on a TV show (I think it was called Truth or Dare Camp - it wasn't a real show, mind you). She went on the show, made a few friends, got put into the DareDevil camp and did a few challenges (eating bugs and stuff, idk). Then, one night, a vampire came and bit her, but somehow she recognised him from when she was a little baby. He disappeared soon after. Another monster soon rampaged through the camp and took her away. It was Bowser. He ate her liver or something weird. I'm not really sure but it was really strange. For some reason, he and the Koopa Kids could turn into humans as well - the Mary-Sue fell in love with Bowser Jr, who was shunned by his family (????????????????). She was set free by him. After wandering for a bit in a wasteland, she was found by Princess Peach, who was her mum, and was told that her real name was Aquamarine Crystal Tennant-Toadstool (the Tennant was because of David Tennant. I???).

That's not the whole story, but by the time I realised "Crud, she's a Mary-Sue", she was a Timelord-Vampire-Koopa Kid-Werewolf-Pokemon-Mermaid-Dragon-Succubus-whatever the hell.
It's kind of sad to think that this fictional world consumed pretty much my whole life - in my diary, I used to have alternating pages for the "Outside World" and my world. :')
bearjew-inglorious.gif
@strawberrypug

That is the most glorious thing I've ever read. I think that takes the cake above everything else.

This whole thread reminds me of the Mary Sue RP I had going on before Decemeber, and now I want to try and revamp it. Anyone reading this interested?
@strawberrypug

That is the most glorious thing I've ever read. I think that takes the cake above everything else.

This whole thread reminds me of the Mary Sue RP I had going on before Decemeber, and now I want to try and revamp it. Anyone reading this interested?
ZNhRsiG.png
Be it a breeze, gust, or typhoon.

---
CbHGLn5.jpggwlUoQ7.png

Prized Banana

census_recordbreaker_banner_by_scr1ptkitty-d8dhx4u.png
Made by Deino909

XVHAnX8.png

ZNhRsiG.png
Take joy in the Windy things.
Not much of a Mary Sue, but it might be worth a laugh... When I roleplayed Kingdom Hearts OCs they always had awesome powers. I always wanted people to like my Sonic OCs. I had a bisexual Inuyasha OC. My Pokemon Gijinkas exist. My Fruits Basket OCs were beautiful women. My superhero OCs ran at a steady 100mph clip. My OCs tend not to be villains. I steered my OCs away from tragedy. I used to roleplay on Neopets way back in the day. I never actually had much time for roleplays, I'm so busy with real life. However, roleplays could easily become an addiction if I let them. I'd rather read books and write original stuff at this stage in life.
Not much of a Mary Sue, but it might be worth a laugh... When I roleplayed Kingdom Hearts OCs they always had awesome powers. I always wanted people to like my Sonic OCs. I had a bisexual Inuyasha OC. My Pokemon Gijinkas exist. My Fruits Basket OCs were beautiful women. My superhero OCs ran at a steady 100mph clip. My OCs tend not to be villains. I steered my OCs away from tragedy. I used to roleplay on Neopets way back in the day. I never actually had much time for roleplays, I'm so busy with real life. However, roleplays could easily become an addiction if I let them. I'd rather read books and write original stuff at this stage in life.
HzGpUHb.png
Ahaha, back in my preteen to mid-teen years I had a set of RP characters who were purposefully created to be self-insert wish fulfillment type characters, which I was unaware was generally frowned upon. They weren't DIRECT self-inserts of the "suspiciously resembling myself, only better" variety, but they were intended to represent different aspects of my personality or desires. They consisted of four different characters who had been fused together into a sort of composite character, with multiple minds sharing a single body that could shapeshift between their original forms depending on which character was in control at the time. They had a machine that they used to travel to different universes and have adventures in whatever setting I wanted to RP in. Eventually I stopped playing these characters as I gradually became aware that they were ridiculous Mary Sues. Admittedly I still daydream adventures for them every now and then, oops I'm trash. Fortunately I'm pretty sure these were my only sues, as I channeled all of my self-insert wish fulfilment fantasy into these specific characters so it didn't end up bleeding into my other characters.

In order of least to most overpowered and Sue-ish, they were (HUGE GIANT WALL OF TEXT INCOMING):

1. A furry character named Tabbitha. She was a feline/draconic hybrid (cringe), basically a white-furred humanoid cat with red, leathery wings and tail. Her draconic half came from a variety of dragons that were scavengers, so she had a keen sense of smell, hyena-like bone-crushing jaw strength, and could eat the foulest of rotting food without becoming ill. She was scrappy, tough as nails but dumb as rocks (generally attributed to having been hit on the head a lot as a youngin). Before becoming assimilated into the universe-traveling composite character, she lived in a post-apocalyptic city slum in an original setting (original in the sense of being my own creation, not so much in the "novel and interesting" sense). She grew up on the streets, having been orphaned as a kitten and left to fend for herself. Her toughness developed as a result of frequent conflict with the other denizens of the slums. After she joined the Mary Sue Collective and could travel wherever she wanted, she picked up the hobby of hunting in the wilderness, which she excelled at despite having been an alley cat who had never been outside of a city before and also having very non-camoflaguey coloration. This made sense to my preteen brain because felines naturally have leet predatory instincts, right? I later decided that she mostly relied on dive-bomb attacks and targeted large game species that don't have any natural flying or arboreal predators, because traditional feline stalking behavior just... doesn't work with the conspicuous white/red color combo. Personality-wise, she was not very complicated. She was crude, uncivilized, and not very bright. She was a bit amoral, not malicious but more or less indifferent to most things that didn't directly affect her. Outside of seeking new and interesting game to hunt, she lacked any real ambition and was content to basically just be a cat. Lay around in the sun, chase random critters, eat gross dead animals, etc.. She ranks as the least Sue-ish of the lot, since she lacked any actual superpowers and was not especially well liked by most other characters on account of her somewhat abrasive personality and odious eating habits. (Incidentally, my username is inspired by this character. Oops.)

2. A pixie from the Monster Rancher game series, named PrettyPixie (NO BUT THAT WAS HER ACTUAL NAME, don't even look at me). FYI, Monster Rancher pixies aren't fairies, but rather human-sized women with horns, bat-like wings and a "devil" tail. PrettyPixie (usually called PP for short) didn't have a backstory on account of not even existing before joining the Sue Squad. One day they were in the MR universe and thought, "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a pixie form?" and decided to fuse a pixie disc stone into their collective form. Lo and behold, PrettyPixie was born. This newly created being had the cognitive abilities, motor skills, language skills, etc. of an adult but without the maturity that develops from having actually lived long enough to reach adulthood naturally. She was impulsive and amoral and pretty much did what she wanted without thought to long term consequences or how her actions affect other people. Because she more or less represented my id and preteen me was a budding creeper, she quickly developed a sadistic streak and took up the hobby of committing horrible atrocities for funsies until Queenie (one of the other Sues, we'll get to that in a minute) learned how to reign her in. She had a bit of the "inexplicably well-liked" Mary Sue thing going on, though this was partly because she was manipulative and put on a "manic pixie dream girl" persona to seem likeable and to seduce whatever fictional character I had a crush on at the time. This only worked up to a point, as those who stuck around long enough would eventually figure out (or at least suspect) that she was actually a horrible person. Her friends consisted of a handful of decent people who weren't quite aware of the full extent of her crimes, and a few people who knew but were horrible people themselves and thus didn't care. Power-wise, she was physically stronger and tougher than a human of her size would be, could shoot fire and lightning and magic energy blasts from her hands, as well as a bit of healing magic - all of these are things pixies canonically do in the games, so not TOO overpowered. But she still gets >9,000 Mary Sue points for getting with all of my fictional crushes. Herpderp.

3. A Jedi named Queenie. Well, I say Jedi, but she technically wasn't a Jedi Knight on account of having been expelled from the Jedi Order as a Padawan due to attitude problems, and was mostly self-taught after that. After being expelled, she returned to her home planet of Naboo and somehow become queen for a few years (lololol a queen named Queenie, at least it's better than "PrettyPixie" I guess?). Later on I looked back and wondered how she had managed to pull that one off despite having no background in politics, and decided she must have used underhanded means to get elected, perhaps with the occasional mind trick here and there. During her queen years I shamelessly used the traditional handmaiden decoys as a "get out of death free" card (i.e., any time some autohitting RPer tried to kill her, surprise! it was actually only a decoy). When her term was up she went full-time adventurer, travelling from universe to universe in search of adventure and excitement. She had an affinity for animals a la Jacen Solo, and owned a pack of pet attack cats (basically sabertooth tigers IN SPACE!) that she could sic on her enemies. She also developed an aptitude for technology and was able to figure out how to use, modify, and even improve upon a variety of advanced alien technologies from other universes. Her force powers and lightsaber skills became increasingly more OP than a self-taught Jedi has any business being, and she kept accumulating mastery of various new skills (plus dabbling in a few she never got around to mastering). Basically she was an overpowered mess. Personality-wise, she was supposed to be all cool and sarcastic and cynical, and was a chronic overachiever and thrill seeker. In the beginning I think I had the idea of her as being wise beyond her years but that pretty much went out the window later, lol. Though not especially morally upstanding, she had higher moral standards than the rest of the Sue Squad and eventually took it upon herself to moderate their behavior, learning how to wrestle control from the others when needed to keep PP or Tabbitha (but mostly PP) in line. With PP no longer able to wantonly indulge her sadistic impulses, and thus no longer serving as a suitable outlet for my creepery, this led to the rise of the fourth and final Sue persona...

4. Seed Draculine, vampire evil overlord. (lololol. Seed. DRACULINE. I know. I know.) She started out as a sort of mind parasite planted in the Sue Collective by a villain because of reasons. Being a "seed" of said villain's essence, she was inherently evil by nature and possessed incredible force of will, enough to trump even Queenie's, and so could seize control of their shared body whenever she wanted. She had no knowledge of her own to begin with but absorbed all the knowledge and skills of her hosts. Eventually Queenie found a way to prevent her from taking over, but not before Seed had managed to clone herself a new body that was telepathically linked to their main body. Seed could no longer take control of the main body and Queenie couldn't control Seed's new one, but Seed was still a part of the mental collective and could sense all their thoughts, and they could sense hers (though she could shut them out if she wished). Seed and Queenie were pretty much arch nemeses. Seed used the knowledge stolen from Queenie to build her own universe-travelling device, and went about collecting technology and magic from various universes to gain more and more power, becoming a full-fledged Evil Overlord™, conquering worlds/galaxies/universes (and occasionally destroying them), acquiring a posse of evil vampire minions, and kidnapping whatever fictional characters I fancied at the time and tormenting them in her Dungeon of Evil™. This character partly served as an antagonist for the other Sues, but mostly was a a blatant, shameless power fantasy spawned from the depths of my "evil is cool" phase. Yeah... I was a weird kid.
Ahaha, back in my preteen to mid-teen years I had a set of RP characters who were purposefully created to be self-insert wish fulfillment type characters, which I was unaware was generally frowned upon. They weren't DIRECT self-inserts of the "suspiciously resembling myself, only better" variety, but they were intended to represent different aspects of my personality or desires. They consisted of four different characters who had been fused together into a sort of composite character, with multiple minds sharing a single body that could shapeshift between their original forms depending on which character was in control at the time. They had a machine that they used to travel to different universes and have adventures in whatever setting I wanted to RP in. Eventually I stopped playing these characters as I gradually became aware that they were ridiculous Mary Sues. Admittedly I still daydream adventures for them every now and then, oops I'm trash. Fortunately I'm pretty sure these were my only sues, as I channeled all of my self-insert wish fulfilment fantasy into these specific characters so it didn't end up bleeding into my other characters.

In order of least to most overpowered and Sue-ish, they were (HUGE GIANT WALL OF TEXT INCOMING):

1. A furry character named Tabbitha. She was a feline/draconic hybrid (cringe), basically a white-furred humanoid cat with red, leathery wings and tail. Her draconic half came from a variety of dragons that were scavengers, so she had a keen sense of smell, hyena-like bone-crushing jaw strength, and could eat the foulest of rotting food without becoming ill. She was scrappy, tough as nails but dumb as rocks (generally attributed to having been hit on the head a lot as a youngin). Before becoming assimilated into the universe-traveling composite character, she lived in a post-apocalyptic city slum in an original setting (original in the sense of being my own creation, not so much in the "novel and interesting" sense). She grew up on the streets, having been orphaned as a kitten and left to fend for herself. Her toughness developed as a result of frequent conflict with the other denizens of the slums. After she joined the Mary Sue Collective and could travel wherever she wanted, she picked up the hobby of hunting in the wilderness, which she excelled at despite having been an alley cat who had never been outside of a city before and also having very non-camoflaguey coloration. This made sense to my preteen brain because felines naturally have leet predatory instincts, right? I later decided that she mostly relied on dive-bomb attacks and targeted large game species that don't have any natural flying or arboreal predators, because traditional feline stalking behavior just... doesn't work with the conspicuous white/red color combo. Personality-wise, she was not very complicated. She was crude, uncivilized, and not very bright. She was a bit amoral, not malicious but more or less indifferent to most things that didn't directly affect her. Outside of seeking new and interesting game to hunt, she lacked any real ambition and was content to basically just be a cat. Lay around in the sun, chase random critters, eat gross dead animals, etc.. She ranks as the least Sue-ish of the lot, since she lacked any actual superpowers and was not especially well liked by most other characters on account of her somewhat abrasive personality and odious eating habits. (Incidentally, my username is inspired by this character. Oops.)

2. A pixie from the Monster Rancher game series, named PrettyPixie (NO BUT THAT WAS HER ACTUAL NAME, don't even look at me). FYI, Monster Rancher pixies aren't fairies, but rather human-sized women with horns, bat-like wings and a "devil" tail. PrettyPixie (usually called PP for short) didn't have a backstory on account of not even existing before joining the Sue Squad. One day they were in the MR universe and thought, "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a pixie form?" and decided to fuse a pixie disc stone into their collective form. Lo and behold, PrettyPixie was born. This newly created being had the cognitive abilities, motor skills, language skills, etc. of an adult but without the maturity that develops from having actually lived long enough to reach adulthood naturally. She was impulsive and amoral and pretty much did what she wanted without thought to long term consequences or how her actions affect other people. Because she more or less represented my id and preteen me was a budding creeper, she quickly developed a sadistic streak and took up the hobby of committing horrible atrocities for funsies until Queenie (one of the other Sues, we'll get to that in a minute) learned how to reign her in. She had a bit of the "inexplicably well-liked" Mary Sue thing going on, though this was partly because she was manipulative and put on a "manic pixie dream girl" persona to seem likeable and to seduce whatever fictional character I had a crush on at the time. This only worked up to a point, as those who stuck around long enough would eventually figure out (or at least suspect) that she was actually a horrible person. Her friends consisted of a handful of decent people who weren't quite aware of the full extent of her crimes, and a few people who knew but were horrible people themselves and thus didn't care. Power-wise, she was physically stronger and tougher than a human of her size would be, could shoot fire and lightning and magic energy blasts from her hands, as well as a bit of healing magic - all of these are things pixies canonically do in the games, so not TOO overpowered. But she still gets >9,000 Mary Sue points for getting with all of my fictional crushes. Herpderp.

3. A Jedi named Queenie. Well, I say Jedi, but she technically wasn't a Jedi Knight on account of having been expelled from the Jedi Order as a Padawan due to attitude problems, and was mostly self-taught after that. After being expelled, she returned to her home planet of Naboo and somehow become queen for a few years (lololol a queen named Queenie, at least it's better than "PrettyPixie" I guess?). Later on I looked back and wondered how she had managed to pull that one off despite having no background in politics, and decided she must have used underhanded means to get elected, perhaps with the occasional mind trick here and there. During her queen years I shamelessly used the traditional handmaiden decoys as a "get out of death free" card (i.e., any time some autohitting RPer tried to kill her, surprise! it was actually only a decoy). When her term was up she went full-time adventurer, travelling from universe to universe in search of adventure and excitement. She had an affinity for animals a la Jacen Solo, and owned a pack of pet attack cats (basically sabertooth tigers IN SPACE!) that she could sic on her enemies. She also developed an aptitude for technology and was able to figure out how to use, modify, and even improve upon a variety of advanced alien technologies from other universes. Her force powers and lightsaber skills became increasingly more OP than a self-taught Jedi has any business being, and she kept accumulating mastery of various new skills (plus dabbling in a few she never got around to mastering). Basically she was an overpowered mess. Personality-wise, she was supposed to be all cool and sarcastic and cynical, and was a chronic overachiever and thrill seeker. In the beginning I think I had the idea of her as being wise beyond her years but that pretty much went out the window later, lol. Though not especially morally upstanding, she had higher moral standards than the rest of the Sue Squad and eventually took it upon herself to moderate their behavior, learning how to wrestle control from the others when needed to keep PP or Tabbitha (but mostly PP) in line. With PP no longer able to wantonly indulge her sadistic impulses, and thus no longer serving as a suitable outlet for my creepery, this led to the rise of the fourth and final Sue persona...

4. Seed Draculine, vampire evil overlord. (lololol. Seed. DRACULINE. I know. I know.) She started out as a sort of mind parasite planted in the Sue Collective by a villain because of reasons. Being a "seed" of said villain's essence, she was inherently evil by nature and possessed incredible force of will, enough to trump even Queenie's, and so could seize control of their shared body whenever she wanted. She had no knowledge of her own to begin with but absorbed all the knowledge and skills of her hosts. Eventually Queenie found a way to prevent her from taking over, but not before Seed had managed to clone herself a new body that was telepathically linked to their main body. Seed could no longer take control of the main body and Queenie couldn't control Seed's new one, but Seed was still a part of the mental collective and could sense all their thoughts, and they could sense hers (though she could shut them out if she wished). Seed and Queenie were pretty much arch nemeses. Seed used the knowledge stolen from Queenie to build her own universe-travelling device, and went about collecting technology and magic from various universes to gain more and more power, becoming a full-fledged Evil Overlord™, conquering worlds/galaxies/universes (and occasionally destroying them), acquiring a posse of evil vampire minions, and kidnapping whatever fictional characters I fancied at the time and tormenting them in her Dungeon of Evil™. This character partly served as an antagonist for the other Sues, but mostly was a a blatant, shameless power fantasy spawned from the depths of my "evil is cool" phase. Yeah... I was a weird kid.
a2lgFWW.pngxZFY4RG.pngyYXzKag.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13