Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mary Sue confession thread!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Hey, guys, do you know those all too perfect and extremely beautiful character that everyone is in love with? Don't deny it, we've all made them, now why don't we get it off our chests? Release the Sues!

My first Sue was in both the Sonic fandom and the Pokemon fandom. She was a Glaceon named...
*drumroll*
Crystal
Yes, I know, it was a horribly cliche name, but she gets worse. Her personality was completely random, or should I say randumb? Well, puns aside, she had no depth beyond stupid and random, but everyone liked her. EVERYONE, even the angsty hate characters. And it gets worse, said angsty characters were all in love with her. And she knew every ice type move.

By the time I was around ten, she was a pure Sonic OC, but that doesn't mean she got any better. I remastered her into a fox named... Kit. I guess I was trying to be funny at the time, but I digress. She had a super long backstory in which she had a plotpoint!necklace that made her have super special ice powers. To make matters worse, I wrote Blaze off completely by having her die in the middle of a scene, just so I could pair Kit with Silver. Said hedgehog also stayed with her after she threatened to "rip ur marauna palt hed of" ((directly quoted)). And Shadow was made into a stalker pervert ex-boyfriend. You can shoot me now.

Alright, I confessed, anyone else want a turn?

Edit: You MAY show Sues that you've simply encountered, or that you've rped with. As long as the creator remains anonymous. We just made this thread to showcase Sues.
Hey, guys, do you know those all too perfect and extremely beautiful character that everyone is in love with? Don't deny it, we've all made them, now why don't we get it off our chests? Release the Sues!

My first Sue was in both the Sonic fandom and the Pokemon fandom. She was a Glaceon named...
*drumroll*
Crystal
Yes, I know, it was a horribly cliche name, but she gets worse. Her personality was completely random, or should I say randumb? Well, puns aside, she had no depth beyond stupid and random, but everyone liked her. EVERYONE, even the angsty hate characters. And it gets worse, said angsty characters were all in love with her. And she knew every ice type move.

By the time I was around ten, she was a pure Sonic OC, but that doesn't mean she got any better. I remastered her into a fox named... Kit. I guess I was trying to be funny at the time, but I digress. She had a super long backstory in which she had a plotpoint!necklace that made her have super special ice powers. To make matters worse, I wrote Blaze off completely by having her die in the middle of a scene, just so I could pair Kit with Silver. Said hedgehog also stayed with her after she threatened to "rip ur marauna palt hed of" ((directly quoted)). And Shadow was made into a stalker pervert ex-boyfriend. You can shoot me now.

Alright, I confessed, anyone else want a turn?

Edit: You MAY show Sues that you've simply encountered, or that you've rped with. As long as the creator remains anonymous. We just made this thread to showcase Sues.
Funky moves, grandma
Oh sweet lord I remember my Sonic phase. While I don't think I made a Mary Sue as part of the actual Sonic lore (or whatever) I do remember making this Sonic character who was a wolf and a demon *cringes* and was all kinds of "lol XD" emo goth weirdness who could do anything because "darkness powers." I regret that period of my life greatly
Oh sweet lord I remember my Sonic phase. While I don't think I made a Mary Sue as part of the actual Sonic lore (or whatever) I do remember making this Sonic character who was a wolf and a demon *cringes* and was all kinds of "lol XD" emo goth weirdness who could do anything because "darkness powers." I regret that period of my life greatly
EIkP0.gifjmKlO.gif
^click the eggs/dragons!^
Don't get me started on my dumb, teenage phase. Most of it involved Sonic and Pokemon characters, but I had this entire thing going on in my head where I was the main character and I had boys falling over me. Good lord I was stupid, though granted the adventures were fun at the time.
Don't get me started on my dumb, teenage phase. Most of it involved Sonic and Pokemon characters, but I had this entire thing going on in my head where I was the main character and I had boys falling over me. Good lord I was stupid, though granted the adventures were fun at the time.
54575ca4be9c6783ff74c69cb15435f9.jpg
Dear god, they're all Sonic OCs. And so is mine.

I'm literally cringing as I write this.

I was in a Sonic RP for a while in which I had an OC by the name of Lexi the Hedgehog. Essentially an Amy Rose recolor with a thing for Shadow instead of Sonic. And for some reason Shadow liked her back? And tbh she didn't have any depth at all, just "Shadow's girlfriend".
Dear god, they're all Sonic OCs. And so is mine.

I'm literally cringing as I write this.

I was in a Sonic RP for a while in which I had an OC by the name of Lexi the Hedgehog. Essentially an Amy Rose recolor with a thing for Shadow instead of Sonic. And for some reason Shadow liked her back? And tbh she didn't have any depth at all, just "Shadow's girlfriend".
Walk along the footprints to witness the flame-chasing crusade. In the end, you will go beyond the graves and create a future we could not reach!
Oh man, I grew up at the time when everyone had Harry Potter Mary Sues OCs... Mine was named Astra and she was secretly Sirius Black's long lost daughter, but her mother never told her who her father was because she thought Sirius had turned eeeevil (cue the angst). Actually the mother (Cornelia) was possibly an even worse Sue, she had perfect, long, pale blonde hair and ice blue eyes. She was friends with all the Marauders back in the day, but not with Peter because she ~somehow~ didn't trust him. Both mother and daughter were on the quidditch team, of course. For some reason, Astra (blonde mother, black-haired father) had flaming red hair. No relations to the Weasleys, though Astra did end up marrying Fred Weasley. (This was before the 7th book came out, tears were shed.)

Nope, I regret nothing.
Oh man, I grew up at the time when everyone had Harry Potter Mary Sues OCs... Mine was named Astra and she was secretly Sirius Black's long lost daughter, but her mother never told her who her father was because she thought Sirius had turned eeeevil (cue the angst). Actually the mother (Cornelia) was possibly an even worse Sue, she had perfect, long, pale blonde hair and ice blue eyes. She was friends with all the Marauders back in the day, but not with Peter because she ~somehow~ didn't trust him. Both mother and daughter were on the quidditch team, of course. For some reason, Astra (blonde mother, black-haired father) had flaming red hair. No relations to the Weasleys, though Astra did end up marrying Fred Weasley. (This was before the 7th book came out, tears were shed.)

Nope, I regret nothing.
Mine was a dimension-traveling shapeshifting, troublemaking Sue named Drak. I don't think I had everyone love her or anything but I wasn't very good at creating actual character flaws for her.
Mine was a dimension-traveling shapeshifting, troublemaking Sue named Drak. I don't think I had everyone love her or anything but I wasn't very good at creating actual character flaws for her.
I had this god awful blue AND winged Delcatty who had ice powers and a mind controlled technicolor Luxray body guard/boyfriend with lots of peircings. Specifically like 3 ear piercings with those rubber spikey balls.

And then there was my trash hetalia oc. Narnia. If that isn't enough, he started out with like the ability to talk to animals, read thoughts, super strength, god I don't even know what else.

He was absolutely funny at the time. Naturally I put him near England so hilarity could ensue. He always called him Mommy or Iggy in my rps.

I still have him, I still call him Narnia, I don't really consider him a hetalia oc anymore he's just kind an oc now fortunately.
I had this god awful blue AND winged Delcatty who had ice powers and a mind controlled technicolor Luxray body guard/boyfriend with lots of peircings. Specifically like 3 ear piercings with those rubber spikey balls.

And then there was my trash hetalia oc. Narnia. If that isn't enough, he started out with like the ability to talk to animals, read thoughts, super strength, god I don't even know what else.

He was absolutely funny at the time. Naturally I put him near England so hilarity could ensue. He always called him Mommy or Iggy in my rps.

I still have him, I still call him Narnia, I don't really consider him a hetalia oc anymore he's just kind an oc now fortunately.
Mine was a pure-blooded wizard for the Harry Potter universe in the marauders era named Kristina, and she had a twin brother, both in gryffindor and an older brother in ravenclaw. She was tanned, long black hair, hazel eyes, a seeker and an animagus (black jaguar).
Mine was a pure-blooded wizard for the Harry Potter universe in the marauders era named Kristina, and she had a twin brother, both in gryffindor and an older brother in ravenclaw. She was tanned, long black hair, hazel eyes, a seeker and an animagus (black jaguar).
Mischief Managed
@rentacles did you ever write fanfiction of her?? I remember reading a series about that. I thought it was so good at the time, haha!

I recently uncovered another old GEM of mine- A nonfandom rpc called Resa. The name is actually pretty, but... Put simply, she was a knight but also an angel and the personification of the demon of wrath, and she was also a dragon who could cure the blind and everyone loved her.

Essentially Mary Sue Jesus.
@rentacles did you ever write fanfiction of her?? I remember reading a series about that. I thought it was so good at the time, haha!

I recently uncovered another old GEM of mine- A nonfandom rpc called Resa. The name is actually pretty, but... Put simply, she was a knight but also an angel and the personification of the demon of wrath, and she was also a dragon who could cure the blind and everyone loved her.

Essentially Mary Sue Jesus.
Funky moves, grandma
Any inuyasha fans? My of was named Katsuki and she was half cat demon (creative). She controlled fire and could shapeshift into different cats and had poisonous claws. She never had a love interest though. (Early signs of my asexuality, or lack of not taken males?) I'm tempted to go back and try and write her not cliched.
Also, any tumblr users? I recommend this blog http://marysueproblems.tumblr.com they also do book reviews of Mary sues in published books. Right now they're doing the house of night series.
Any inuyasha fans? My of was named Katsuki and she was half cat demon (creative). She controlled fire and could shapeshift into different cats and had poisonous claws. She never had a love interest though. (Early signs of my asexuality, or lack of not taken males?) I'm tempted to go back and try and write her not cliched.
Also, any tumblr users? I recommend this blog http://marysueproblems.tumblr.com they also do book reviews of Mary sues in published books. Right now they're doing the house of night series.
tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo8_250.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13