Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mary Sue confession thread!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Here are more sues I had with just as little personaltiy

-A dragon named Dragster who could change reality

-A stickman named the sike who could survive exploding, summon a dragon that would only obey him, shoot fire from his mouth and could turn his hand into a sword

-Another stickman that could make random stuff appear out of nowhere, could use magic and magic was rare with stickmankind because reasons!

-A dragon that was immortal and took over the world and could make explosions out of nowhere, could shoot lasers and lighting from his eyes and had the strongest magic and did everything right and took over the universe and everyone then loved him and then he blew up the universe and went to the dragon galaxy and blew up 100000 planets and was imprisoned forever by Rosemary and Bmna.

That last one was stronger than rosemary and Bmna.
Here are more sues I had with just as little personaltiy

-A dragon named Dragster who could change reality

-A stickman named the sike who could survive exploding, summon a dragon that would only obey him, shoot fire from his mouth and could turn his hand into a sword

-Another stickman that could make random stuff appear out of nowhere, could use magic and magic was rare with stickmankind because reasons!

-A dragon that was immortal and took over the world and could make explosions out of nowhere, could shoot lasers and lighting from his eyes and had the strongest magic and did everything right and took over the universe and everyone then loved him and then he blew up the universe and went to the dragon galaxy and blew up 100000 planets and was imprisoned forever by Rosemary and Bmna.

That last one was stronger than rosemary and Bmna.
oh my god, i think i honestly still have mary sue moments. the worst three i can think of i'll share though.

there was a harry potter oc i had who was like. the long lost daughter of voldemort from his affair with a muggle woman???? and like, the death eaters were trying to kill her so she ran away and ends up at malfoy manor and draco falls in love with her. yep.

i had this doctor who oc who i twitter rp'd named ev costello, who was jack harkness' long lost sister who he thought was dead because she'd been kidnapped. turns out she was subjected to gene splicing and is now a tardis-human hybrid?? she's really flirty and used to have red hair before she regenerated. in my defense, however, she sounds a lot worse in description than she does in practice. she actually had a little bit of depth and not everyone was actually ~in love~ with her, partially bc i actually rp'd with good writers. i still love her and the twitter is still operational, though i run her now basically trying to be a mary sue, and all my friends and i joke about it. here's the twitter, if anyone wants to witness the horror.

EDIT: oh god i was looking through the twitter and remembered that she used to date a future incarnation of the doctor

the absolute WORST era was when i first got into musical theatre and loved phantom of the opera and les mis. oh golly, i had a whole slew of ocs that were girls who the phantom fell in love with after christine left him, and they also happened to be better singers than christine was. the stories i wrote were complete with bad french usage and all. i also once had an oc who was a girl who saved javert from drowning and he fell in love with, nvrminding the fact that he's like 50 and she was like, 17.
oh my god, i think i honestly still have mary sue moments. the worst three i can think of i'll share though.

there was a harry potter oc i had who was like. the long lost daughter of voldemort from his affair with a muggle woman???? and like, the death eaters were trying to kill her so she ran away and ends up at malfoy manor and draco falls in love with her. yep.

i had this doctor who oc who i twitter rp'd named ev costello, who was jack harkness' long lost sister who he thought was dead because she'd been kidnapped. turns out she was subjected to gene splicing and is now a tardis-human hybrid?? she's really flirty and used to have red hair before she regenerated. in my defense, however, she sounds a lot worse in description than she does in practice. she actually had a little bit of depth and not everyone was actually ~in love~ with her, partially bc i actually rp'd with good writers. i still love her and the twitter is still operational, though i run her now basically trying to be a mary sue, and all my friends and i joke about it. here's the twitter, if anyone wants to witness the horror.

EDIT: oh god i was looking through the twitter and remembered that she used to date a future incarnation of the doctor

the absolute WORST era was when i first got into musical theatre and loved phantom of the opera and les mis. oh golly, i had a whole slew of ocs that were girls who the phantom fell in love with after christine left him, and they also happened to be better singers than christine was. the stories i wrote were complete with bad french usage and all. i also once had an oc who was a girl who saved javert from drowning and he fell in love with, nvrminding the fact that he's like 50 and she was like, 17.
11cgj1j.jpg
I had a Dragonball z character. She was Goku's only daughter, and twin sister of Goten. And simiallar to young gohan who could become extremely overpowered when angered and got angered easily. And she is very close with her brother, Trunks and Marron (krillens daughter)

But I had 3 story lines for her.

One, She falls in love with trunks and they end up being together.

Two, She falls in love with Trunks, its doesnt work and she ends up with a human boy

Three, Trunks loves her, and through him trying to court her she realizes she has feeling for Marron instead.

I'm a straight woman, but I felt the character, being raised to fight might develop a knight in shining armor personality and would want to take care of Marron.
I had a Dragonball z character. She was Goku's only daughter, and twin sister of Goten. And simiallar to young gohan who could become extremely overpowered when angered and got angered easily. And she is very close with her brother, Trunks and Marron (krillens daughter)

But I had 3 story lines for her.

One, She falls in love with trunks and they end up being together.

Two, She falls in love with Trunks, its doesnt work and she ends up with a human boy

Three, Trunks loves her, and through him trying to court her she realizes she has feeling for Marron instead.

I'm a straight woman, but I felt the character, being raised to fight might develop a knight in shining armor personality and would want to take care of Marron.
Mischief Managed
Back when I was the warrior cats fandom I made an OC named Spirtstar who was the leader of thunder clan at some point. I can't remember her personality but she was a Bengal cat that had gone wild (just like firestar) so I pretty much ripped off that whole plotline... smh....
Back when I was the warrior cats fandom I made an OC named Spirtstar who was the leader of thunder clan at some point. I can't remember her personality but she was a Bengal cat that had gone wild (just like firestar) so I pretty much ripped off that whole plotline... smh....
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
I honestly never make OCs for fandoms, so I don't have anything of my own to confess.

I mean, unless you count the fairy mermaid alien dragon pirate princess of Andalusia I liked to draw when I was 4. Or the self insert fantasies I have about Dragon Ball Z. But then, that's everyone.

But anyway, I used to be in the hetalia fandom. I used to rp. Badly.

This really annoying girl would haunt this one room all the time, and her OC had absolutely nothing with the region that it was supposed to be based on so I don't even have to try hard to disguise who she was.

It was magic, knew 37 languages, had mirrored eyes, was proficient in all kinds of weaponry, was related to whoever the rper wanted it to be related to at any given moment and had a completely made up / easily debunked backstory (hetalia ocs based on regions are typically expected to be somewhat related to the history, culture, and ethnic stereotypes related to their namesake.), could time travel, and was the most obnoxious person that I ever had to deal with and probably facilitated the downfall of my interest in rping ever again.

There is the distinct possibility that she was a troll that hated hetalia and was just messing with everyone there, but she was an extremely dedicated troll if that's the case. I mean, I would get bored after about a week. She was there for 6 or 7 months and left because we got tired of humoring her.

There was this slightly less obnoxious person who was a bit more downplayed as far as sues go, and probably wasn't a troll, whose OC was very bland and rarely did anything of interest, yet the player pitched a fit whenever she wasn't directly involved in the action like it was everyone elses responsibility to include her (rather than her responsibility to come up with interesting plots that people would want to play in, or contribute to already existent plots). That's not really a mary sue story so much as an "annoying fandom people i had to deal with" story, but I had to deal with them both at the same time and they kind of blended together in my mind.

In the first case, the character was horrid and the player was obnoxious. In the second case, the character was a complete non-entity and the player expected everyone to fall all over her.

This was all about 5 or 6 years ago.

(I am also not into hetalia anymore.)
I honestly never make OCs for fandoms, so I don't have anything of my own to confess.

I mean, unless you count the fairy mermaid alien dragon pirate princess of Andalusia I liked to draw when I was 4. Or the self insert fantasies I have about Dragon Ball Z. But then, that's everyone.

But anyway, I used to be in the hetalia fandom. I used to rp. Badly.

This really annoying girl would haunt this one room all the time, and her OC had absolutely nothing with the region that it was supposed to be based on so I don't even have to try hard to disguise who she was.

It was magic, knew 37 languages, had mirrored eyes, was proficient in all kinds of weaponry, was related to whoever the rper wanted it to be related to at any given moment and had a completely made up / easily debunked backstory (hetalia ocs based on regions are typically expected to be somewhat related to the history, culture, and ethnic stereotypes related to their namesake.), could time travel, and was the most obnoxious person that I ever had to deal with and probably facilitated the downfall of my interest in rping ever again.

There is the distinct possibility that she was a troll that hated hetalia and was just messing with everyone there, but she was an extremely dedicated troll if that's the case. I mean, I would get bored after about a week. She was there for 6 or 7 months and left because we got tired of humoring her.

There was this slightly less obnoxious person who was a bit more downplayed as far as sues go, and probably wasn't a troll, whose OC was very bland and rarely did anything of interest, yet the player pitched a fit whenever she wasn't directly involved in the action like it was everyone elses responsibility to include her (rather than her responsibility to come up with interesting plots that people would want to play in, or contribute to already existent plots). That's not really a mary sue story so much as an "annoying fandom people i had to deal with" story, but I had to deal with them both at the same time and they kind of blended together in my mind.

In the first case, the character was horrid and the player was obnoxious. In the second case, the character was a complete non-entity and the player expected everyone to fall all over her.

This was all about 5 or 6 years ago.

(I am also not into hetalia anymore.)
Any dragon of mine not wearing apparel or bonded to a familiar is potentially for sale.
I've actually always worried about making Mary Sues, so I was always careful not to cross that line. A bit over-careful, really, it actually restricted my creativity until I realized Sue-ness is entirely dependent on the framing of the character, not just the abilities and backstory. Anyway, that's not saying I've never made stinkers. The worst and most sue-ish character I ever made up was before I found the internet (thank GOD, though that didn't save me from the "lol!1!! So RANDUMBWAFFLES weebish phase). She was actually an original character that hopped from fiction to fiction, but no matter where she went she faced persecution (because she was a non-human being and a 'monster') ended up nearly dying at some point or actually dying, only to come back, and all the characters that mattered loved her. I think her name was Star. Oh, she was also a princess and one of the last of her kind, and she was leader of the remnant of her race. The thing I remember best about her was that when she died in her own story, her love interest basically charged the bad guy's base all alone just to join her in death but take out as many baddies as he could doing it. She then resurrected, kicked the big bad's booty and saved her boyfriend from certain death, but I think he did get some sort of permanent wound from that. They had tons of kids, yadda yadda, more adventures but never really peaked after their teen years. Interestingly, Star led to my longest-lingering character, Panine. She in fact became Panine, because even though Panine was meant to be an ancestor of hers when first conceived, frankly they were the same thing, except Panine didn't have a star on her head. Now, Panine has undergone many, many changes since usurping Star's MVP position. In fact, technically speaking she's an entirely new character now than she was even a few years ago. New backstory, new personality, new powers and limitations, and all better than they were, of course. I even have a dragon named after her (though I haven't given her the same personality...or any, really.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6298660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62987/6298660_350.png[/img] [/url] So even sues can teach you how to make better characters, so long as you learn from your mistakes. I'd talk more about Panine, but I haven't written that story yet and this post is long enough as is. Besides, I don't want to bore you with my characters. :P
I've actually always worried about making Mary Sues, so I was always careful not to cross that line. A bit over-careful, really, it actually restricted my creativity until I realized Sue-ness is entirely dependent on the framing of the character, not just the abilities and backstory.

Anyway, that's not saying I've never made stinkers. The worst and most sue-ish character I ever made up was before I found the internet (thank GOD, though that didn't save me from the "lol!1!! So RANDUMBWAFFLES weebish phase). She was actually an original character that hopped from fiction to fiction, but no matter where she went she faced persecution (because she was a non-human being and a 'monster') ended up nearly dying at some point or actually dying, only to come back, and all the characters that mattered loved her. I think her name was Star.

Oh, she was also a princess and one of the last of her kind, and she was leader of the remnant of her race. The thing I remember best about her was that when she died in her own story, her love interest basically charged the bad guy's base all alone just to join her in death but take out as many baddies as he could doing it. She then resurrected, kicked the big bad's booty and saved her boyfriend from certain death, but I think he did get some sort of permanent wound from that. They had tons of kids, yadda yadda, more adventures but never really peaked after their teen years.

Interestingly, Star led to my longest-lingering character, Panine. She in fact became Panine, because even though Panine was meant to be an ancestor of hers when first conceived, frankly they were the same thing, except Panine didn't have a star on her head. Now, Panine has undergone many, many changes since usurping Star's MVP position. In fact, technically speaking she's an entirely new character now than she was even a few years ago. New backstory, new personality, new powers and limitations, and all better than they were, of course. I even have a dragon named after her (though I haven't given her the same personality...or any, really.)

6298660_350.png

So even sues can teach you how to make better characters, so long as you learn from your mistakes. I'd talk more about Panine, but I haven't written that story yet and this post is long enough as is. Besides, I don't want to bore you with my characters. :P
MT5WnDw.pngZPHN6ju.pngMT5WnDw.png
I have at least one Gary Stu in my lair right now (Check Antitheus, my recently toned-down parody of Sebastian Michaelis, who I don't allow into roleplays unless I've asked if his powers are okay), but my first two that made it onto the net were...

Surprise Surprise, Respectively a Star Trek and Star Wars RP character

Canora Jach'doQolot, a vulcan bioengineer with a talent for hand-to-hand combat, raised by klingons, mother of five, closet druggie who ended up dieing violently and dramatically when I begun realising how disgustingly shallow and ill-fitting of the setting she was.

Kanari Kyperdash/Darth Manayn, A zabrak sith character I admittedly still keep locked away for later rehab and reuse. Silver-skinned, gold-eyed daughter of angst and unreasonable temper, she was my little murder-nugget for about a year before I decided to learn how to make better characters. She was a force prodigy who learned things way too quickly, had precognition and managed to kill her master on accident when she was an apprentice.

*shudders*
I have at least one Gary Stu in my lair right now (Check Antitheus, my recently toned-down parody of Sebastian Michaelis, who I don't allow into roleplays unless I've asked if his powers are okay), but my first two that made it onto the net were...

Surprise Surprise, Respectively a Star Trek and Star Wars RP character

Canora Jach'doQolot, a vulcan bioengineer with a talent for hand-to-hand combat, raised by klingons, mother of five, closet druggie who ended up dieing violently and dramatically when I begun realising how disgustingly shallow and ill-fitting of the setting she was.

Kanari Kyperdash/Darth Manayn, A zabrak sith character I admittedly still keep locked away for later rehab and reuse. Silver-skinned, gold-eyed daughter of angst and unreasonable temper, she was my little murder-nugget for about a year before I decided to learn how to make better characters. She was a force prodigy who learned things way too quickly, had precognition and managed to kill her master on accident when she was an apprentice.

*shudders*
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
Ah jeez, I don't even remember anymore. All of my old characters were awful.

I had this one "friend" who sort of extorted young Necrotic into writing Naruto and Bleach fanfiction for them (featuring their OCs/pairings), so I inserted a couple of my own OCs to make it more bearable for myself, but they were super generic/angsty/bland. I think their names were Tora and Kita, lmao. They just had really unrealistic powers and backstories and the like.

My Warrior cats OCs were also dumb. One of them had the ability to move through time and for basically no reason everyone hated her for it? like??

dark times, man
Ah jeez, I don't even remember anymore. All of my old characters were awful.

I had this one "friend" who sort of extorted young Necrotic into writing Naruto and Bleach fanfiction for them (featuring their OCs/pairings), so I inserted a couple of my own OCs to make it more bearable for myself, but they were super generic/angsty/bland. I think their names were Tora and Kita, lmao. They just had really unrealistic powers and backstories and the like.

My Warrior cats OCs were also dumb. One of them had the ability to move through time and for basically no reason everyone hated her for it? like??

dark times, man
tumblr_nsr3ya7mQf1t0ob39o1_250.png
oh my god i have two terrible ones.

pretty much the first ever fanfic that i wrote was a Twilight fanfic. i was young and stupid, like still in elementary school. i don't even remember what my OC's name was (Farrah, maybe?) but she was a ***beautiful*** fiery-red haired teenage girl who ran into Jacob's wolf pack while in the woods and the two of them fell in love. i honestly have no clue how the rest of the story went but i do remember that i got sick of it and deleted it halfway through (thank god).

the second one was a lot worse, because the fic actually got quite a few reads. it was a Harry Potter fanfiction and i was 12 when i wrote it. my OC was named Willow and she was voldemort's prodigy daughter (pale blonde hair & gray eyes with gold flecks (that were just like her dead mother's eyes!!)). she was a powerful witch and she was sent to Hogwarts to get close to Harry Potter in order to gain information on him and spill the beans to daddy and the death eaters. HOWEVER, surprise surprise, Harry and Draco both fall in love with her. it's a disgusting love triangle and Willow's heart softens and she turns to the light side. she ends up picking Draco over Harry but still totally joins the golden trio in their horcrux hunt and their defeat of Voldemort. i wrote two fics to complete the whole thing and between them they got thousands of reads (like xx,xxx kind of reads although i don't remember the exact numbers). i deleted them but the scars still remain.

it was all so so so bad. i really hope my past mistakes make all of you feel better about your own because i'm currently suffering while thinking about them.
oh my god i have two terrible ones.

pretty much the first ever fanfic that i wrote was a Twilight fanfic. i was young and stupid, like still in elementary school. i don't even remember what my OC's name was (Farrah, maybe?) but she was a ***beautiful*** fiery-red haired teenage girl who ran into Jacob's wolf pack while in the woods and the two of them fell in love. i honestly have no clue how the rest of the story went but i do remember that i got sick of it and deleted it halfway through (thank god).

the second one was a lot worse, because the fic actually got quite a few reads. it was a Harry Potter fanfiction and i was 12 when i wrote it. my OC was named Willow and she was voldemort's prodigy daughter (pale blonde hair & gray eyes with gold flecks (that were just like her dead mother's eyes!!)). she was a powerful witch and she was sent to Hogwarts to get close to Harry Potter in order to gain information on him and spill the beans to daddy and the death eaters. HOWEVER, surprise surprise, Harry and Draco both fall in love with her. it's a disgusting love triangle and Willow's heart softens and she turns to the light side. she ends up picking Draco over Harry but still totally joins the golden trio in their horcrux hunt and their defeat of Voldemort. i wrote two fics to complete the whole thing and between them they got thousands of reads (like xx,xxx kind of reads although i don't remember the exact numbers). i deleted them but the scars still remain.

it was all so so so bad. i really hope my past mistakes make all of you feel better about your own because i'm currently suffering while thinking about them.
kaylee
she/her
fr +2
I had two, an OC in an original universe that was pretty Mary Sue in its own right, and a Warriors OC. My original OC was named Emeralda and her appearance was pretty much modeled after myself/ She was "winged sea sprite" -- aka a fairy who could turn into a mermaid when submerged in water. Only she couldn't fly because she'd lost her wings because a fish ate them when she was flying over the water one day. (I don't even know what I was thinking about that one, it makes absolutely no sense.) And to top it all off, she was the most powerful being in the world. Her powers included turning into animals, teleporting, speaking to animals, and being able to heal herself from pretty much anything (including bringing herself back from the dead). She was the leader of a magical medieval kingdom called Atlantis. Why it was called that, I have no idea, because it wasn't underwater or anything. I think I just liked the name. She was the eldest of sisters, all named after gemstones like she was, except one who was just my imaginary friend inserted into that universe. She had a bunch of Mary Sue friends, too, namely Bright Spark the unicorn (whose name totally stolen from the Kaya American Girl series). She could also turn into a human, and had fire powers. Pretty sure she could also fly. Her love interest was the king of the neighboring kingdom, and she had two children with him, both of whom were modeled after dolls I owned. The antagonist was also insanely Gary Stu... he hated her because she chose the king over him. That was his only backstory. So... yeah... I was not great at worldbuilding when I was 8-9 years old. I made a dragon of Emeralada though, for memories' sake. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12021181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120212/12021181_350.png[/img][/url] My Warriors OC was Dapplepelt/Dapplestar, a toroiseshell she-cat who became the leader of ThunderClan. I don't really remember how, but it had to have been ridiculous. She also got wings somehow... I think she was given them by StarClan when she got her nine lives upon becoming leader. Everyone loved her, even the cats in other clans. I was really freaking proud of that story, too. So glad I never got around to writing it down.
I had two, an OC in an original universe that was pretty Mary Sue in its own right, and a Warriors OC.

My original OC was named Emeralda and her appearance was pretty much modeled after myself/ She was "winged sea sprite" -- aka a fairy who could turn into a mermaid when submerged in water. Only she couldn't fly because she'd lost her wings because a fish ate them when she was flying over the water one day. (I don't even know what I was thinking about that one, it makes absolutely no sense.) And to top it all off, she was the most powerful being in the world. Her powers included turning into animals, teleporting, speaking to animals, and being able to heal herself from pretty much anything (including bringing herself back from the dead).

She was the leader of a magical medieval kingdom called Atlantis. Why it was called that, I have no idea, because it wasn't underwater or anything. I think I just liked the name. She was the eldest of sisters, all named after gemstones like she was, except one who was just my imaginary friend inserted into that universe.

She had a bunch of Mary Sue friends, too, namely Bright Spark the unicorn (whose name totally stolen from the Kaya American Girl series). She could also turn into a human, and had fire powers. Pretty sure she could also fly.

Her love interest was the king of the neighboring kingdom, and she had two children with him, both of whom were modeled after dolls I owned. The antagonist was also insanely Gary Stu... he hated her because she chose the king over him. That was his only backstory.

So... yeah... I was not great at worldbuilding when I was 8-9 years old. I made a dragon of Emeralada though, for memories' sake.

12021181_350.png

My Warriors OC was Dapplepelt/Dapplestar, a toroiseshell she-cat who became the leader of ThunderClan. I don't really remember how, but it had to have been ridiculous. She also got wings somehow... I think she was given them by StarClan when she got her nine lives upon becoming leader. Everyone loved her, even the cats in other clans. I was really freaking proud of that story, too. So glad I never got around to writing it down.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13