Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What Was Your First Anime?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30
pokemon, digimon, cardcaptor sakura and dragonball z. anything that would show on TV after school when I was a young kid, basically. and the movie spirited away!

I guess yu-gi-oh was the first anime I actually identified as being anime, upon discovering the crazy world of fandom and realising I wasn't the only person in the world infatuated with fictional animated characters. :3
pokemon, digimon, cardcaptor sakura and dragonball z. anything that would show on TV after school when I was a young kid, basically. and the movie spirited away!

I guess yu-gi-oh was the first anime I actually identified as being anime, upon discovering the crazy world of fandom and realising I wasn't the only person in the world infatuated with fictional animated characters. :3
The first anime that wasn't Pokemon that I ever sat down and purposefully watched every episode of and got completely invested in was Wolf's Rain.

Totally didn't realize how much that was gonna warp me until much later.

To this day, whenever I near the end of an anime series, a part of my brain always braces for COMPLETE AND UTTER TRAGEDY.
The first anime that wasn't Pokemon that I ever sat down and purposefully watched every episode of and got completely invested in was Wolf's Rain.

Totally didn't realize how much that was gonna warp me until much later.

To this day, whenever I near the end of an anime series, a part of my brain always braces for COMPLETE AND UTTER TRAGEDY.
blueticksig-removebg-preview.png
My first anime was probably Pokemon.
The first one I watched when I knew what it was.. Hetalia?? Orrrr...
@Quaxo
If it wasn't Hetalia, it was Wolf's Rain. Feel better in the knowledge it destroyed me for the best part of a month. NOTHING COULD HAVE PREPARED ME FOR HOW UTTERLY SOUL CRUSHING THAT SERIES WAS
My first anime was probably Pokemon.
The first one I watched when I knew what it was.. Hetalia?? Orrrr...
@Quaxo
If it wasn't Hetalia, it was Wolf's Rain. Feel better in the knowledge it destroyed me for the best part of a month. NOTHING COULD HAVE PREPARED ME FOR HOW UTTERLY SOUL CRUSHING THAT SERIES WAS
Before: [intro music]Who do you call when you want some peperoni? Samurai Pizza Caaaaaaaaats![/music]

After: Pokemon ^-^
Before: [intro music]Who do you call when you want some peperoni? Samurai Pizza Caaaaaaaaats![/music]

After: Pokemon ^-^
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
Sailor Moon! I watched the first season until I knew it off by heart!
Sailor Moon! I watched the first season until I knew it off by heart!
Before: Pokemon, like many of you here. ^.^

And afterwards the first I watched was Death Note. :D It remains one of my top favorites. ^w^
Before: Pokemon, like many of you here. ^.^

And afterwards the first I watched was Death Note. :D It remains one of my top favorites. ^w^
A light blue Fae dragon lying down surrounded by pink flower petals. She is wearing a pink daisy cabbie, and holds a pink rose in her mouth.
Pokemon, then Hetalia.
Pokemon, then Hetalia.
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
My first anime movie was Totoro.
My mom rented it for my cousin to play for us while she babysat.
My first anime movie was Totoro.
My mom rented it for my cousin to play for us while she babysat.
8q3PaKZ.png
Sailor Moon

Dragon Ball Z

Then it just blew up from there, altho now I am more into kdrama
Sailor Moon

Dragon Ball Z

Then it just blew up from there, altho now I am more into kdrama
Bonsai.png
First anime before I had any idea was either Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo!, and/or Pokemon. (Throw in Yu Yu Hakusho and/or Rurouni Kenshin somewhere in there too)
After I knew about anime, it was Inuyasha was the first for me :) My friend was adament about getting me into the anime fandom and Inuyasha was what started. The show that I really connected to was FMA (original), loved loved loved that one.
First anime before I had any idea was either Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo!, and/or Pokemon. (Throw in Yu Yu Hakusho and/or Rurouni Kenshin somewhere in there too)
After I knew about anime, it was Inuyasha was the first for me :) My friend was adament about getting me into the anime fandom and Inuyasha was what started. The show that I really connected to was FMA (original), loved loved loved that one.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30