Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Simple Element per Venue [Cove update!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@BunnySox <3<3<3

@Mohenjo These are based only on enemy mages! You can check that in Cethosia's and mine spreadsheets ^^ The only exception are the little notes pointing out boss weakness, since bosses often get to use elemental attacks even if they're physical attackers.

@Starphire You're welcome, thank you! Bahahaha I'm really glad someone noticed the september links! I was listening to it on loop for hours while working on this lmao
@BunnySox <3<3<3

@Mohenjo These are based only on enemy mages! You can check that in Cethosia's and mine spreadsheets ^^ The only exception are the little notes pointing out boss weakness, since bosses often get to use elemental attacks even if they're physical attackers.

@Starphire You're welcome, thank you! Bahahaha I'm really glad someone noticed the september links! I was listening to it on loop for hours while working on this lmao
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Worth noting:

If you're going for Level 25 dragons, you don't have to worry about elements for anything below Volcanic Vents and possibly nothing below Boreal Wood.

Boreal Wood is the lowest venue where you can train fodder (or other dragons) with a L25 on the team. Below that, if your dragon is following one of the guides, you'll be fast enough and strong enough that elements won't matter - you'll almost never take a hit other than maybe the first round.

----
@Amayai
I did some research Blooming Grove. Not taking into account the appearance rates, just the elements, I got:

Best: Lightning
Okay: Nature, Fire
Worst: Water, Arcane, Light

Lightning is only weak to 1 mage (Grove Piper).

Nature and Fire are weak to 2, but resistant to two. Nature's slightly better; Fire is also weak to the boss Mossy Pohip, but that starts as a physical attacker; it'd have to work up to magic.

Water, Arcane, and Light are all weak to 3 mages. Water is worst; it's not resistant to any of them.
Worth noting:

If you're going for Level 25 dragons, you don't have to worry about elements for anything below Volcanic Vents and possibly nothing below Boreal Wood.

Boreal Wood is the lowest venue where you can train fodder (or other dragons) with a L25 on the team. Below that, if your dragon is following one of the guides, you'll be fast enough and strong enough that elements won't matter - you'll almost never take a hit other than maybe the first round.

----
@Amayai
I did some research Blooming Grove. Not taking into account the appearance rates, just the elements, I got:

Best: Lightning
Okay: Nature, Fire
Worst: Water, Arcane, Light

Lightning is only weak to 1 mage (Grove Piper).

Nature and Fire are weak to 2, but resistant to two. Nature's slightly better; Fire is also weak to the boss Mossy Pohip, but that starts as a physical attacker; it'd have to work up to magic.

Water, Arcane, and Light are all weak to 3 mages. Water is worst; it's not resistant to any of them.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@Amayai

Hey there, would you mind if I added this to my Coli Builds 2.0 thread?
@Amayai

Hey there, would you mind if I added this to my Coli Builds 2.0 thread?
8MJ4dyU.png
JmVDqSj.png
Retired from Arcane Dom
FRT + 3
Arcane Newbies
Arcane Dom Hub
Arcane Dom 101
It's Caesar
Call me Julius!
Coli Builds 2.0
Arcane Baldwin
Hatchery
@ErisLordFreedom Thanks for the data on Blooming Grove! I'll add it to the thread - and later probably work on a spreadsheet anyway so I can update it if coli changes. ^^

@Catvrix Not at all! Thanks for spreading the word!
@ErisLordFreedom Thanks for the data on Blooming Grove! I'll add it to the thread - and later probably work on a spreadsheet anyway so I can update it if coli changes. ^^

@Catvrix Not at all! Thanks for spreading the word!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Amayai
Here's the google spreadsheet I set up for myself when I was trying to figure it out. Some parts of it are outdated, but the basic structure should be clear enough.
@Amayai
Here's the google spreadsheet I set up for myself when I was trying to figure it out. Some parts of it are outdated, but the basic structure should be clear enough.
@Amayai

Thanks for this! This is awesome.

@Reddhed - remember to bookmark when not on mobile.
@Amayai

Thanks for this! This is awesome.

@Reddhed - remember to bookmark when not on mobile.
Winner_badge_100.png
Reddhed
XXY Dragons and Hatchlings for Sale
Bestiary Swipp/Baldwin HibDen Tracking Spreadsheets
Breeding Projects Logbook Thread
is5IYGR.png 2k6Pwaq.gif
@Amayai

Quick notes on the new Forbidden Portal:

Best is Earth or Arcane - both of them have no weaknesses, and are strong against 2 mages. (Arcane is strong against two normal mages; Earth is strong against one of the bosses. Not sure which would be considered better.)

Okay is Fire - weak to one, strong against 1+ a boss.

Worst is probably Light: weak to two, no strengths.
Other bad elements are Nature, Plague, Ice - all weak to two+ (sometimes weak to 2 + a boss), but each has one they resist.

This is without knowing anything about frequencies, other than "bosses will be rare." I haven't tried the venue yet, but I have an arcane team, so I'll be farming for the new familiars today!
@Amayai

Quick notes on the new Forbidden Portal:

Best is Earth or Arcane - both of them have no weaknesses, and are strong against 2 mages. (Arcane is strong against two normal mages; Earth is strong against one of the bosses. Not sure which would be considered better.)

Okay is Fire - weak to one, strong against 1+ a boss.

Worst is probably Light: weak to two, no strengths.
Other bad elements are Nature, Plague, Ice - all weak to two+ (sometimes weak to 2 + a boss), but each has one they resist.

This is without knowing anything about frequencies, other than "bosses will be rare." I haven't tried the venue yet, but I have an arcane team, so I'll be farming for the new familiars today!
[center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/butyouwilltotallygothereanyway.png[/img][/center] Who woulda known! New venue! I love it SO MUCH, with my whole heart! I'll work on gathering data for this venue ASAP, but it's end of semester rush, so it might take a couple of days. Don't worry, it's coming! @ErisLordFreedom Thank you! I'll write that in as a placeholder for now! I'm waiting on Maki to get their spreadsheet in order and then I'll work on the calculations from there. I'm gathering frequency data to help them in the meantime, so hopefully by tomorrow or sunday I'll be able to add the portal here!
butyouwilltotallygothereanyway.png

Who woulda known! New venue! I love it SO MUCH, with my whole heart! I'll work on gathering data for this venue ASAP, but it's end of semester rush, so it might take a couple of days. Don't worry, it's coming!

@ErisLordFreedom Thank you! I'll write that in as a placeholder for now!
I'm waiting on Maki to get their spreadsheet in order and then I'll work on the calculations from there. I'm gathering frequency data to help them in the meantime, so hopefully by tomorrow or sunday I'll be able to add the portal here!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Amayai
So I don't have any hard stats, but in case this helps?

I re-tinctured an old Arcane Noct of mine to STR 124, AGI 7, and QCK 51, and she seems able to give the first hit for a scratch/Elim combo on most of the weaker opponents in the Portal so far. It won't work on the Bilworpers, and the frequency doesn't seem to help her with attackibles for her element much, but it's early yet, I could be wrong/too novice to be doing it right. I will update this post as I learn more, if this kind of thing helps you? Or if you could point me at the thread it does help?

The Elim dergs in the team, Chaska(Shadow) and SunSpark(Fire), are at 129,8, and 52 respectively.
I seem to last about average seven groups before I have to tap out and refresh, but again, that could be my inexperienced self. -_-
@Amayai
So I don't have any hard stats, but in case this helps?

I re-tinctured an old Arcane Noct of mine to STR 124, AGI 7, and QCK 51, and she seems able to give the first hit for a scratch/Elim combo on most of the weaker opponents in the Portal so far. It won't work on the Bilworpers, and the frequency doesn't seem to help her with attackibles for her element much, but it's early yet, I could be wrong/too novice to be doing it right. I will update this post as I learn more, if this kind of thing helps you? Or if you could point me at the thread it does help?

The Elim dergs in the team, Chaska(Shadow) and SunSpark(Fire), are at 129,8, and 52 respectively.
I seem to last about average seven groups before I have to tap out and refresh, but again, that could be my inexperienced self. -_-
@Amayai

BLESS YOU for this!!!
@Amayai

BLESS YOU for this!!!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8