Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Simple Element per Venue [Cove update!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Starphire The element doesn't really have an effect over scratches and eliminates, sadly. XP It's more about how much damage you can cut down from elemental hits against you if you have the right element!
Maki is getting at the mages and frequencies here, you might be able to help by letting me or them know if you enconter any enemy packs that aren't in the list!
@Starphire The element doesn't really have an effect over scratches and eliminates, sadly. XP It's more about how much damage you can cut down from elemental hits against you if you have the right element!
Maki is getting at the mages and frequencies here, you might be able to help by letting me or them know if you enconter any enemy packs that aren't in the list!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Amayai
Copy, thanks!
@Amayai
Copy, thanks!
@Amayai

BEST: Water
Second Best: 1. Wind, 2. Earth
Decent: 1. Plague, 2. Ice, 3. Nature, 4. Shadow
Poor: 1. Arcane, 2. Light
I don't recommend it: 1. Lightning, 2. Fire
@Amayai

BEST: Water
Second Best: 1. Wind, 2. Earth
Decent: 1. Plague, 2. Ice, 3. Nature, 4. Shadow
Poor: 1. Arcane, 2. Light
I don't recommend it: 1. Lightning, 2. Fire
656b4Ou.gif X
Tymbs
26 // +2 FR Time
G1 Raptor Addict
Tired 24/7

XXX Accent Shop [NEW!] X tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
@ErisLordFreedom @PantheraScience Thanks for your help! I've done the calculations with the data we have now and the actual results go like this:

Consider that arcane has the most mages in the venue, with 1/4 of the enemy mages being arcane.

Best:
Fire (1 weakness, 2 resistances),
Arcane (2 weaknesses [1 boss], 1 resist including arcane)
Good:
Earth (2 weaknesses [1 boss], 1 resistance),
water (1 weakness, 1 resistance [boss])
Worst:
Light (3 weaknesses including arcane, 1 resistance)
shadow (2 weaknesses including arcane, 2 resistances)
plague (3 weaknesses, 1 resistance)

You can double check the spreadsheet here. Enemy frequency is still unsure as we don't know if the list includes all possible enemy packs, but I will update the guide and update both the sheet and guide in case frequencies change!
@ErisLordFreedom @PantheraScience Thanks for your help! I've done the calculations with the data we have now and the actual results go like this:

Consider that arcane has the most mages in the venue, with 1/4 of the enemy mages being arcane.

Best:
Fire (1 weakness, 2 resistances),
Arcane (2 weaknesses [1 boss], 1 resist including arcane)
Good:
Earth (2 weaknesses [1 boss], 1 resistance),
water (1 weakness, 1 resistance [boss])
Worst:
Light (3 weaknesses including arcane, 1 resistance)
shadow (2 weaknesses including arcane, 2 resistances)
plague (3 weaknesses, 1 resistance)

You can double check the spreadsheet here. Enemy frequency is still unsure as we don't know if the list includes all possible enemy packs, but I will update the guide and update both the sheet and guide in case frequencies change!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
[quote name="Amayai" date="2020-05-10 09:55:32" ] (emerges from the guides forum with a headache) [size=1][s]Did you level a wind dragon to 25 for the golem workshop only to find out that it's no longer the best element for that venue?[/s][/size=1] [/quote] [i]I feel this on a spiritual level.[/i] Thanks so much for putting this together! Bookmarking for sure >:3
Amayai wrote on 2020-05-10 09:55:32:
(emerges from the guides forum with a headache)

Did you level a wind dragon to 25 for the golem workshop only to find out that it's no longer the best element for that venue?

I feel this on a spiritual level.
Thanks so much for putting this together! Bookmarking for sure >:3
Thank you for updating so fast on the new venue! ;u;
Thank you for updating so fast on the new venue! ;u;
Signature.pngmight%20noodle.png
Bookmarking! Thank you for making this!
Bookmarking! Thank you for making this!
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
@Amayai
Thanks for PMing me about this. I completely forgot about it.

I'll sub to this thread~
@Amayai
Thanks for PMing me about this. I completely forgot about it.

I'll sub to this thread~
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
Hello everyone, in the light of recent debates, I see a lot of people are coming up with different hypotheses of which elements are better. The fact is, both may be right. It depends on your build. Having mage bosses in such a high level venue plus the overwhelming amount of arcane mages is really shifting the importance of element depending on your build. [b]The Forbidden Portal is the first venue in which this happens in any significant manner, and as such, I have added to my spreadsheet a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Z_zWkuEDxBUEW-gc2HWuN5GtQIkw5M7ztV3IOyYq48/edit#gid=1294211492]table[/url] in which elements are ranked by boss weakness ahead of encounter frequency, for builds which don't use reflect and presumably will only ever get hit by bosses.[/b] [b]The rank for boss priority, assuming you only get hit by bosses, goes as such:[/b] [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/forbidden_portal/_thumbnail.png[/img][nextcol][size=4][b]Forbidden Portal[/b] Best: [b][color=orangered]Fire[/color][/b] Good: [b][color=blue]Water[/color][/b], [b][color=lawngreen]Wind[/color][/b] Worst: [b][color=darkgreen]Nature[/color][/b], [b][color=gray]Ice[/color][/b], [b][b][color=cyan]Lightning[/color][/b], [b][color=red]Plague[/color][/b].[/columns] Please evaluate how your intended build behaves against the frog bosses to decide which list should be your priority: being resistent to most mobs OR being resistent to most bosses.
Hello everyone, in the light of recent debates, I see a lot of people are coming up with different hypotheses of which elements are better. The fact is, both may be right. It depends on your build. Having mage bosses in such a high level venue plus the overwhelming amount of arcane mages is really shifting the importance of element depending on your build.

The Forbidden Portal is the first venue in which this happens in any significant manner, and as such, I have added to my spreadsheet a table in which elements are ranked by boss weakness ahead of encounter frequency, for builds which don't use reflect and presumably will only ever get hit by bosses.

The rank for boss priority, assuming you only get hit by bosses, goes as such:

_thumbnail.png Forbidden Portal
Best: Fire
Good: Water, Wind
Worst: Nature, Ice, Lightning, Plague.

Please evaluate how your intended build behaves against the frog bosses to decide which list should be your priority: being resistent to most mobs OR being resistent to most bosses.

JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Amayai Thanks, that looks great!

FWIW, I can confirm that a team of 3 plague dragons (133|40) works fine. Once breath is built up, it's rare for any mage other than a boss to get a hit, so elements don't come up much. (I was surprised; plague should be one of the worst.)

I'm thinking of tincturing a team of Arcane dragons, because that'd work better for the first few rounds and take less time to recover after (sigh) three dodges. But the rough part here really is the Bilwopers and Owlpups, which are physical.

Best elements based on boss encounters sounds like a good way to arrange this.
@Amayai Thanks, that looks great!

FWIW, I can confirm that a team of 3 plague dragons (133|40) works fine. Once breath is built up, it's rare for any mage other than a boss to get a hit, so elements don't come up much. (I was surprised; plague should be one of the worst.)

I'm thinking of tincturing a team of Arcane dragons, because that'd work better for the first few rounds and take less time to recover after (sigh) three dodges. But the rough part here really is the Bilwopers and Owlpups, which are physical.

Best elements based on boss encounters sounds like a good way to arrange this.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8