Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Mega Projects Spreadsheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/35r6exm8sxswtzg/naturetop.png[/img] [u][size=7][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bNc5ZgogfBukyr28yLSDhOwbFgvFTyN8IfPi6SN2ZKQ/edit?usp=sharing]Mega Projects Spreadsheet[/url][/size][/u] A lair and projects tracker! [size=4]This is a large projects tool built with ease of use, preferences, and modifications kept in mind. When you open up the doc, you are brought straight to a page that explains each of the pages and tools in detail, as well as tells you exactly what you can or can't edit about the page. Through this tool, you can list a large variety of information that you [i]wish to[/i] about each dragon, with validators used to help you enter the information even faster. No data is absolutely required. If you don't want to enter the sizes for dragons, you don't have to! Anything you enter simply helps the rest of the pages to work to the best of their abilities. Even better yet, when you enter a Gene or Apparel preview image url in for a dragon, this sheet will [i]automatically[/i] figure out exactly what is needed in the project! Based on the gene data you've already entered for the dragon, it will even take it into account so that it doesn't list genes you've already applied. What's more - all of the FR-specific data gets updated to your sheet automatically as well! When a new gene is added, I simply enter it into a sheet on my end and then any spreadsheets you've copied from the Template will automatically update as well. You don't have to lift a finger when new genes and apparel come out. If any changes are ever made to the Template, you can simply check your Changelog page to see what has been done and instructions on how to make the modification yourself. If you're not sure how to make the modification, you are absolutely more than welcome to ask for help! I'll be happy to give you any help necessary.[/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [u][size=5]Want to get started already?[/size][/u] [size=4]Just grab the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bNc5ZgogfBukyr28yLSDhOwbFgvFTyN8IfPi6SN2ZKQ/edit?usp=sharing]Mega Projects Spreadsheet[/url], click on File -> Make a copy -> and then hit OK to make your very own copy and get going.[/size] [u][size=5]Want to use the data sheets yourself?[/size][/u] [size=4]You are more than welcome to import the data sheets into your own documents and templates for use there as well! Remember that you do not need to make copies to import, you can import these sheets themselves. [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nKNAnSzqgLC_26luUU0D0mBuxNcTJTuK30F6R6vCkcQ/edit?usp=sharing]Apparel Data Spreadsheet[/url] |•| [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mGuM1yAeKFHzw9HQr8Lu9umIunUTFchreghEqAqTwXw/edit?usp=sharing]Gene Data Spreadsheet[/url][/size] [u][size=5]What do I put in X column?[/size][/u] [size=4]Check out this [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16u8cgnDfy4wx3iJtVRp2JrVabcn4jzrHu6YavYoK2P8/edit?usp=sharing]Example Spreadsheet[/url] - it may answer some of your questions! If you are still confused, please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll try to help clarify! [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center]
naturetop.png
Mega Projects Spreadsheet
A lair and projects tracker!

This is a large projects tool built with ease of use, preferences, and modifications kept in mind. When you open up the doc, you are brought straight to a page that explains each of the pages and tools in detail, as well as tells you exactly what you can or can't edit about the page.

Through this tool, you can list a large variety of information that you wish to about each dragon, with validators used to help you enter the information even faster. No data is absolutely required. If you don't want to enter the sizes for dragons, you don't have to! Anything you enter simply helps the rest of the pages to work to the best of their abilities.

Even better yet, when you enter a Gene or Apparel preview image url in for a dragon, this sheet will automatically figure out exactly what is needed in the project! Based on the gene data you've already entered for the dragon, it will even take it into account so that it doesn't list genes you've already applied.

What's more - all of the FR-specific data gets updated to your sheet automatically as well! When a new gene is added, I simply enter it into a sheet on my end and then any spreadsheets you've copied from the Template will automatically update as well. You don't have to lift a finger when new genes and apparel come out.

If any changes are ever made to the Template, you can simply check your Changelog page to see what has been done and instructions on how to make the modification yourself. If you're not sure how to make the modification, you are absolutely more than welcome to ask for help! I'll be happy to give you any help necessary.

earthmid.png

Want to get started already? Just grab the Mega Projects Spreadsheet, click on File -> Make a copy -> and then hit OK to make your very own copy and get going.

Want to use the data sheets yourself? You are more than welcome to import the data sheets into your own documents and templates for use there as well! Remember that you do not need to make copies to import, you can import these sheets themselves.
Apparel Data Spreadsheet |•| Gene Data Spreadsheet

What do I put in X column? Check out this Example Spreadsheet - it may answer some of your questions! If you are still confused, please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll try to help clarify!

earthbottom.png
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
(Reserved for changelog info, etc.)
(Reserved for changelog info, etc.)
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
The spreadsheet has been updated to include Banescales and all of the genes that came with them! They should now work as entries and gene projects in the spreadsheets.
The spreadsheet has been updated to include Banescales and all of the genes that came with them! They should now work as entries and gene projects in the spreadsheets.
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
Updating the Apparel Data with all of our new NotN apparel soon! Will also be going through old NotN apparel and updating the obtainment info for them, now that it's available with absolute info once again.
Updating the Apparel Data with all of our new NotN apparel soon! Will also be going through old NotN apparel and updating the obtainment info for them, now that it's available with absolute info once again.
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
This is wonderful! Its really helpful in keeping track of projects + dragons (and its the only one that has an apparel tracker too!) Very efficient. [emoji=guardian love size=1]
This is wonderful! Its really helpful in keeping track of projects + dragons (and its the only one that has an apparel tracker too!) Very efficient.
The newest Tea apparel has been added into the apparel section! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
The newest Tea apparel has been added into the apparel section!
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
Our three new festival apparel pieces have been added to the apparel section!
Our three new festival apparel pieces have been added to the apparel section!
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@Galaxtea This looks to be super-useful! I've started entering my dragons' information, and I have a suggestion for you: for the columns G1?, Mate, Fam?, and Lore?, use drop-downs since there are only three answers to those questions: Yes, No, and Needed
@Galaxtea This looks to be super-useful! I've started entering my dragons' information, and I have a suggestion for you: for the columns G1?, Mate, Fam?, and Lore?, use drop-downs since there are only three answers to those questions: Yes, No, and Needed

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@sgkat Thank you for the suggestion!
The Mate column is for entering IDs, so that probably won't change. I had originally considered using validation for the rest of those columns though, but considered the fact that people would most likely just enter "Y" or "N", at which point the dropdowns are just extra work.

I'd love to hear your further input on this, perhaps you've got some ideas or perspective that I haven't thought of myself!
@sgkat Thank you for the suggestion!
The Mate column is for entering IDs, so that probably won't change. I had originally considered using validation for the rest of those columns though, but considered the fact that people would most likely just enter "Y" or "N", at which point the dropdowns are just extra work.

I'd love to hear your further input on this, perhaps you've got some ideas or perspective that I haven't thought of myself!
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@Galaxtea IDs for mates, of course - that makes way more sense than just entering "Y", which is what I was doing. Maybe put a comment on that column to explain that?

Honestly, I don't know if drop-downs would be extra work or not - I suggested them based on my experience using a two-option drop-down in my job (the options there being "Yes" and "N/A", very similar to here).
@Galaxtea IDs for mates, of course - that makes way more sense than just entering "Y", which is what I was doing. Maybe put a comment on that column to explain that?

Honestly, I don't know if drop-downs would be extra work or not - I suggested them based on my experience using a two-option drop-down in my job (the options there being "Yes" and "N/A", very similar to here).

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9