Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Ganondorf's Breeding Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Ganondorf, it'd be great to do something akin to this, but I have NO IDEA about how to even start such an endeavor. o.o [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=157&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=7&winggene=13&wings=66&auth=60227f490c78d294419d2a4da04e4f3d3481e6bc&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Ganondorf, it'd be great to do something akin to this, but I have NO IDEA about how to even start such an endeavor. o.o

dragon?age=1&body=157&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=7&winggene=13&wings=66&auth=60227f490c78d294419d2a4da04e4f3d3481e6bc&dummyext=prev.png
Hey I gotta say I really appreciate this guide! As someone who's been here for ages (and on other breeding sites before this), a lot of it was info I'd long internalized to the point of following it without realizing, which oddly enough is why it's nice to see this here! If somebody came to me looking for advice, I'd have no idea what to tell them!

So as an old timer, thanks for putting this together so well for people looking to learn the art of breeding projects without having to experiment and flail around in the dark for literal years to learn this like I did heh. ^^;
Hey I gotta say I really appreciate this guide! As someone who's been here for ages (and on other breeding sites before this), a lot of it was info I'd long internalized to the point of following it without realizing, which oddly enough is why it's nice to see this here! If somebody came to me looking for advice, I'd have no idea what to tell them!

So as an old timer, thanks for putting this together so well for people looking to learn the art of breeding projects without having to experiment and flail around in the dark for literal years to learn this like I did heh. ^^;
HIHhist.gifZNhRsiG.pngHIHhist.gif
I'm just marking this for my own reference. I exalted a dragon long ago because she brought up bad memories of an old friend but she's really a dreamie and I feel like a fool for exalting her. She was the only one with her colors/genes too.. I have a feeling I'll be doing the zig-zag method a lot trying to get her back because she was an XYZ and finding dragons with her genes is already hard as hell.

She was a spiral (female obvs)
Cherub/Paint/Basic
Lavender/Sky/Ice

Luckily I found two dragons with 2/3 genes (that's how I'm starting out) and hatched a nest today for two spiral girls with the right genes. The color is definitely gonna bite me in the butt, I'm trying to focus on the positive right now lol
I'm just marking this for my own reference. I exalted a dragon long ago because she brought up bad memories of an old friend but she's really a dreamie and I feel like a fool for exalting her. She was the only one with her colors/genes too.. I have a feeling I'll be doing the zig-zag method a lot trying to get her back because she was an XYZ and finding dragons with her genes is already hard as hell.

She was a spiral (female obvs)
Cherub/Paint/Basic
Lavender/Sky/Ice

Luckily I found two dragons with 2/3 genes (that's how I'm starting out) and hatched a nest today for two spiral girls with the right genes. The color is definitely gonna bite me in the butt, I'm trying to focus on the positive right now lol
bless you for this!! I've done the pyramid technique several times -- the scrying workshop and I are much too close friends -- but I'll be interested to see if there are any future projects I'd want to use the zig zag method for.

also, if there any projects I want to breed genes for, not buy. my cauldron level is making those baldwin genes rather painful.
bless you for this!! I've done the pyramid technique several times -- the scrying workshop and I are much too close friends -- but I'll be interested to see if there are any future projects I'd want to use the zig zag method for.

also, if there any projects I want to breed genes for, not buy. my cauldron level is making those baldwin genes rather painful.
-nnnnnnnmnnnnmnmnmmmmntumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif
-nnnnn
-nnnnn
p h i l a m o t || #389999
-nnnnn
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gif
vista pixel by juunebugs #57133
Thank you for this! (I've started on my first ever breeding project recently and am using a pyramid-esque method, although it's certainly not as well thought out as the example listed here :'D)

Bookmarking for reference <3
Thank you for this! (I've started on my first ever breeding project recently and am using a pyramid-esque method, although it's certainly not as well thought out as the example listed here :'D)

Bookmarking for reference <3
JBEajtP.gif
@ganondorf Oh dear, 4 years later I finally decided to do some breeding projects and, since they're all Imperials (because I had one (1) chance of getting a G1 Imperial and blew it), I need to breed one... or two... or several. WE'LL GET THERE. Anyway, I really don't have the opportunity to care about genes or close colours because I need the dragons I'm breeding to be either both Imperials or something rarer than Imperials, and since my colours are SO controversial (Spring/Ice/Rose and Shadow/Spring/Goldenrod), I truly don't have much to choose from. Not many people have pairs who would produce anything similar or in a range I could use as a grandparent or even a great-grandparent, ESPECIALLY when it comes to Spring/Ice/Rose. This is going to be a wild ride....... Still, love the guide, helps out a lot [emoji=familiar heart]
@ganondorf

Oh dear, 4 years later I finally decided to do some breeding projects and, since they're all Imperials (because I had one (1) chance of getting a G1 Imperial and blew it), I need to breed one... or two... or several. WE'LL GET THERE.
Anyway, I really don't have the opportunity to care about genes or close colours because I need the dragons I'm breeding to be either both Imperials or something rarer than Imperials, and since my colours are SO controversial (Spring/Ice/Rose and Shadow/Spring/Goldenrod), I truly don't have much to choose from. Not many people have pairs who would produce anything similar or in a range I could use as a grandparent or even a great-grandparent, ESPECIALLY when it comes to Spring/Ice/Rose. This is going to be a wild ride.......

Still, love the guide, helps out a lot
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Thank you for making this guide! The reminder that any initial investment would be easily made back in exalts and sales was the kick i needed to properly set up my current project, since 8 dragons are going to be cheaper than a set of gene scrolls.
Thank you for making this guide! The reminder that any initial investment would be easily made back in exalts and sales was the kick i needed to properly set up my current project, since 8 dragons are going to be cheaper than a set of gene scrolls.
tumblr_inline_nc4ytpZfRy1rk4tp1.gif
@Zeppy
gonna come back :)
@Zeppy
gonna come back :)
@Kaletah Bookmark!
@Kaletah Bookmark!
xpP2XdL.png
Thank you so so much for this guide! I am currently (attempting to) use the Zig-Zag Method to get this girl: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=12&winggene=20&wings=128&auth=b7ab0451cb8d70b9d479e400433da446895e07a2&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Thank you so so much for this guide! I am currently (attempting to) use the Zig-Zag Method to get this girl:
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=12&winggene=20&wings=128&auth=b7ab0451cb8d70b9d479e400433da446895e07a2&dummyext=prev.png
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11