Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Ganondorf's Breeding Guide
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Text description for the featured Pyramid Method example family tree.

[ID: A family tree of Flight Rising dragons, leading down to a single female Pearlcatcher named Pickert. The 7 starting pairs at the top produce 26 total offspring, one from each pair larger than the others and then paired to the one next to them the create the second generation's pairs. One, on the far right, has a new dragon introduced that was not produced by a previous generation. The third generation has 20 total dragons and 2 new pairs. The fourth generation produced 18 total dragons and made 4 new pairs, all made from siblings on one branch and siblings on the other. The last generation produced 9 total dragons, 8 of which were rejects, and the only large one being Pickert, the goal dragon. Explanation text at the bottom left reads, "This project is probably one of the most straight-forward pyramid projects I've ever done. Other than Laharin substituting for one pair that failed to produce useable offspring, this project flower through the generations almost flawlessly. In the last generation, it took a couple tries to get a nice, close final pair, but there is no harm in breeding the pairs you can make in the meantime." End text. Explaination text on the bottom right reads, "I avoided common breeds other than Pearlcatchers when I made the first generation pairs, and for good reason. Of Laharin's six kids, only one was a Pearlcatcher. 50% odds are manageable, but it does make this easier if you can avoid them." End text. End ID]
Text description for the featured Pyramid Method example family tree.

[ID: A family tree of Flight Rising dragons, leading down to a single female Pearlcatcher named Pickert. The 7 starting pairs at the top produce 26 total offspring, one from each pair larger than the others and then paired to the one next to them the create the second generation's pairs. One, on the far right, has a new dragon introduced that was not produced by a previous generation. The third generation has 20 total dragons and 2 new pairs. The fourth generation produced 18 total dragons and made 4 new pairs, all made from siblings on one branch and siblings on the other. The last generation produced 9 total dragons, 8 of which were rejects, and the only large one being Pickert, the goal dragon. Explanation text at the bottom left reads, "This project is probably one of the most straight-forward pyramid projects I've ever done. Other than Laharin substituting for one pair that failed to produce useable offspring, this project flower through the generations almost flawlessly. In the last generation, it took a couple tries to get a nice, close final pair, but there is no harm in breeding the pairs you can make in the meantime." End text. Explaination text on the bottom right reads, "I avoided common breeds other than Pearlcatchers when I made the first generation pairs, and for good reason. Of Laharin's six kids, only one was a Pearlcatcher. 50% odds are manageable, but it does make this easier if you can avoid them." End text. End ID]
l6nCFA8.png
Text description for the featured Line Method example family tree.

[ID: A family tree of Flight Rising dragons, leading down to a single female Mirror named Sivir. The first generation has only one pair, Azir and Unknown, producing 3 offspring, one of which is larger than the others and named Unknown. This second generation Unknown is paired to a female Coatl named Saria; they produce 3 offspring, one of which is larger than the others and named Unknown. This third generation Unknown is paired to another, different Male Guardian named Unknown. They produce 13 Guardian offspring and Sivir (presumably breed changed via scroll). At the top right, text reads, "I wanted Azir to be a direct ancestor of Sivir, and for that connection to show on Assay Bloodlines, so I gave myself three generations to work with. I went with the simple line method for this, because it turned out Sivir's colours (Tan/Obsidian/Obsidian) were very common, and I was able to pick up multiple unrelated dragons in the right range." End text. At the bottom left, text reads, "I paired the worst-coloured dragon with Azir, and saved the best for last, to help zero in on Sivir's colours in the final pairing." End text. End ID]
Text description for the featured Line Method example family tree.

[ID: A family tree of Flight Rising dragons, leading down to a single female Mirror named Sivir. The first generation has only one pair, Azir and Unknown, producing 3 offspring, one of which is larger than the others and named Unknown. This second generation Unknown is paired to a female Coatl named Saria; they produce 3 offspring, one of which is larger than the others and named Unknown. This third generation Unknown is paired to another, different Male Guardian named Unknown. They produce 13 Guardian offspring and Sivir (presumably breed changed via scroll). At the top right, text reads, "I wanted Azir to be a direct ancestor of Sivir, and for that connection to show on Assay Bloodlines, so I gave myself three generations to work with. I went with the simple line method for this, because it turned out Sivir's colours (Tan/Obsidian/Obsidian) were very common, and I was able to pick up multiple unrelated dragons in the right range." End text. At the bottom left, text reads, "I paired the worst-coloured dragon with Azir, and saved the best for last, to help zero in on Sivir's colours in the final pairing." End text. End ID]
l6nCFA8.png
Reserving post for future IDs.
l6nCFA8.png
l6nCFA8.png
l6nCFA8.png