Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Reminder for myself to try this out eventually, I tried Kraken but found it far too punishing to be enjoyable but this sounds like it might be a little easier and less stressful.
Reminder for myself to try this out eventually, I tried Kraken but found it far too punishing to be enjoyable but this sounds like it might be a little easier and less stressful.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Mohenjo Thanks for sharing your guide and resources! This build has been a great new job for my random progen, Cookie. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/38494/3849364.png[/img] [size=2]*grumbles softly* [i]You know, I really enjoyed sleeping in, those weeks when we didn't have a festival. Thanks a lot ...[/i][/center]
@Mohenjo Thanks for sharing your guide and resources! This build has been a great new job for my random progen, Cookie.

3849364.png
*grumbles softly* You know, I really enjoyed sleeping in,
those weeks when we didn't have a festival.
Thanks a lot ...

*** T0yVrtj.png GOqmx87.png

sapling hub link & small green momma & tiny orange cat

se8WqoZ.png***8g7QT7K.png***
** starterpacks and nncu

mFjnag2.png
cVNhmkY.png
**behemoth and badge**

EvXj7Mf.png
**2019GreenskeeperHub

fScoZmX.png
se8WqoZ.png***8g7QT7K.png***dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png
**welcome, starter packs, bank vault

se8WqoZ.png
T0yVrtj.png
**welcome to nature +small green momma

***dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png**
9BR4VrZ.png***
bank + vault + dandelion deposit

GOqmx87.png
** small orange cat

dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png**
uyHrPB4.png**
9BR4VrZ.png ** Special thanks to the legions of podids
who gave their claws to this project.

LGfILQY.gif***
** bank bank leaf Dandelion podids

2pis3YL.pngdUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.pngRQQLod7.png**9BR4VrZ.pngdlwdi4H.png
** OOF bank bank CC Dandelion IF
dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.pngRQQLod7.pngbhtyqsn.png**9BR4VrZ.png
** bank bank CC LOST Dandelion
******rXYdOjX.png 5TaV2hL.png ***EaAtnJi.png
** COYA GG, DADA, Monera

qnb6C0Q.gif
** teacup dragon advert

kUUVDw6.png*****35kBUID.png
large welcome pack sign

8g7QT7K.png
T0yVrtj.png
small welcome pack link & small green momma

GOqmx87.png
tiny orange cat
@wingworm

No problem :) I'm just glad people are getting use out of the build. That's what makes making these builds worth it for me.
@wingworm

No problem :) I'm just glad people are getting use out of the build. That's what makes making these builds worth it for me.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo I've been trying this build for a while and it's pretty fun, but I find that Sap is rarely ever used. There's also nothing stopping the mages from bolting or debuffing you. With my RNG luck, I'm forced to reset almost every time I fight Cloud Chasers. (I'm pretty sure a lot of people have terrible RNG luck too) So I would like to propose a variant setup and playing style. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/465724582142410782/510039956094189578/unknown.png[/img] Basically replacing Sap with Reflect and everything remains the same. So to summarize : [b]Pros:[/b] - Invincible against mages spells - CAN fight Kelp Beds bosses! - Trainer will last quite long. Useful for getting fodders to level 6+ and training permas! [b]Cons:[/b] - Slower than standard Leviathan - Cannot heal up without items - Makes no difference in dealing with physical mobs --- Do the usual (Meditate, Haste, Rally, Defend, Eliminate (starting pack) / Haste, Rally, Eliminate (subsequent battles)) if physical enemies are present. Otherwise, just cast Reflect. When protected by Reflect, enemy mages cannot hurt you at all. You can keep building breath and chip away enemies' health with their own spells and your Eliminate. The exhaustion is not a big deal because you can keep building breath again, but if it's the bosses, you might want to wait until exhaustion goes out for more damage. [b]Note that under exhaustion (without being rallied), your Eliminate only deals about 370 damage.[/b] [i](You can cast Haste on yourself while under Reflect to speed up enemies, making them hit themselves more often) [/i]
@Mohenjo

I've been trying this build for a while and it's pretty fun, but I find that Sap is rarely ever used. There's also nothing stopping the mages from bolting or debuffing you. With my RNG luck, I'm forced to reset almost every time I fight Cloud Chasers. (I'm pretty sure a lot of people have terrible RNG luck too)

So I would like to propose a variant setup and playing style.

unknown.png

Basically replacing Sap with Reflect and everything remains the same.

So to summarize :

Pros:
- Invincible against mages spells
- CAN fight Kelp Beds bosses!
- Trainer will last quite long. Useful for getting fodders to level 6+ and training permas!

Cons:
- Slower than standard Leviathan
- Cannot heal up without items
- Makes no difference in dealing with physical mobs

---

Do the usual (Meditate, Haste, Rally, Defend, Eliminate (starting pack) / Haste, Rally, Eliminate (subsequent battles)) if physical enemies are present. Otherwise, just cast Reflect.

When protected by Reflect, enemy mages cannot hurt you at all. You can keep building breath and chip away enemies' health with their own spells and your Eliminate. The exhaustion is not a big deal because you can keep building breath again, but if it's the bosses, you might want to wait until exhaustion goes out for more damage. Note that under exhaustion (without being rallied), your Eliminate only deals about 370 damage.

(You can cast Haste on yourself while under Reflect to speed up enemies, making them hit themselves more often)
___________image.png "Kantoya Yaryba! Maka pan Indi. Maka piksa Mamtosa!"

I'm writing my own conlang~ click here to see!
Experimental writing style - Feedback needed
image.png
@IndyMystery
That's an interesting variant. I actually do get to sneak in Saps fairly regularly and find it useful for longer runs where a boss doesn't show up (which is an immediate reset). The issue I have with reflect is it uses 40 breath that unlike using Eliminate, you can't get it back. Assuming I built up to 75 breath so I could use it, it would take at least two and probably three battles before I could use it again. Durring that time, any dodge would almost certainly mean a reset. The Leviathan is squishy, but it makes up for that by being the absolute fastest way to get to level 6 or 7.
@IndyMystery
That's an interesting variant. I actually do get to sneak in Saps fairly regularly and find it useful for longer runs where a boss doesn't show up (which is an immediate reset). The issue I have with reflect is it uses 40 breath that unlike using Eliminate, you can't get it back. Assuming I built up to 75 breath so I could use it, it would take at least two and probably three battles before I could use it again. Durring that time, any dodge would almost certainly mean a reset. The Leviathan is squishy, but it makes up for that by being the absolute fastest way to get to level 6 or 7.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
This build looks ridiculously interesting and I'm excited to give it a whirl when I can! I've never been too interested in trying out Kelpbeds for fodder training, but this changes a lot.

Just have to fight to the death for those eliminates
This build looks ridiculously interesting and I'm excited to give it a whirl when I can! I've never been too interested in trying out Kelpbeds for fodder training, but this changes a lot.

Just have to fight to the death for those eliminates
@0phidian
The base build works really well. With the fix to the first ambush turn it's pretty viable to train two at once.
@0phidian
The base build works really well. With the fix to the first ambush turn it's pretty viable to train two at once.
@Ygdrasill

Maybe it's my luck too haha. I barely get to use Sap because mages attack very often and sometimes I try to risk it, and the mages bolted me anyways.

Anyways, the reflect variant sounds costly, but if you don't mind speed, you do not need to keep the damage output. Casting reflect first then meditate it back later and chipping with weak eliminate or unleash the full ones. It'll take about 3 eliminate to finish off foes when you're exhausted, but with reflect active, you are invincible.

Or alternatively, you can do breath building only if you're low on breath. Other times you can do the usual, maybe cast Reflect for protection and eliminate all mages away.
@Ygdrasill

Maybe it's my luck too haha. I barely get to use Sap because mages attack very often and sometimes I try to risk it, and the mages bolted me anyways.

Anyways, the reflect variant sounds costly, but if you don't mind speed, you do not need to keep the damage output. Casting reflect first then meditate it back later and chipping with weak eliminate or unleash the full ones. It'll take about 3 eliminate to finish off foes when you're exhausted, but with reflect active, you are invincible.

Or alternatively, you can do breath building only if you're low on breath. Other times you can do the usual, maybe cast Reflect for protection and eliminate all mages away.
___________image.png "Kantoya Yaryba! Maka pan Indi. Maka piksa Mamtosa!"

I'm writing my own conlang~ click here to see!
Experimental writing style - Feedback needed
image.png
@IndyMystery

I'm quite interested in your alternative build. I'll give it a try later, and give my feedback on it.

My thoughts at first glance (before trying it) are that it looks good against the mages, but mages are normally what I enjoy going against, melee are the real issue.
@IndyMystery

I'm quite interested in your alternative build. I'll give it a try later, and give my feedback on it.

My thoughts at first glance (before trying it) are that it looks good against the mages, but mages are normally what I enjoy going against, melee are the real issue.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@IndyMystery
The only caster that gives me occasional trouble with casting effects beyond the damage are the cloud chasers. Once the eliminating starts, only one will be able to get a spell off at the worst and then it's 1/3 chance it even hits me. The rest of the casters just do damage as far as I can tell with an occasional bleed thrown in.
@IndyMystery
The only caster that gives me occasional trouble with casting effects beyond the damage are the cloud chasers. Once the eliminating starts, only one will be able to get a spell off at the worst and then it's 1/3 chance it even hits me. The rest of the casters just do damage as far as I can tell with an occasional bleed thrown in.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14