Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds Kraken - 2 Fodder Trainer
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I'd like to be added to the update pinglist, please. It seems like 125 STR Water derg might not be viable anymore.
I'd like to be added to the update pinglist, please. It seems like 125 STR Water derg might not be viable anymore.
tiered2_100px.png V7fFg2m.png b2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png Baby_Quackula.png aVewkQv.png
@bizarrekitten
I was in there for a bit the other day and my build: "She has 128 St and 54 Quick
Stoned like a mire flyer." could not one shot any of the new critters I came across. I'm not sure Kelp beds can be used as a 2 fodder trainer anymore.
@bizarrekitten
I was in there for a bit the other day and my build: "She has 128 St and 54 Quick
Stoned like a mire flyer." could not one shot any of the new critters I came across. I'm not sure Kelp beds can be used as a 2 fodder trainer anymore.
I am still playing with the two build types, but it definitely got dicey.
I am still playing with the two build types, but it definitely got dicey.
UYU9v2z.jpg
:/ Looks like you need at least 133 strength to Rally & Eliminate the new foes. Damnit :(
:/ Looks like you need at least 133 strength to Rally & Eliminate the new foes. Damnit :(
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
I'd also like to be added to the pinglist in case you update the build. :)
I'd also like to be added to the pinglist in case you update the build. :)
cSckuMi.png BqIFphl.png
Throwing this question into the void:

What is the most current kelp bed recommendation, since some of the recommended element dergs and stats are now not working so well...?

e.g. ice was once a recommended element, it was also recommended that strength be increased to 133 from 125 or 126...now it appears an ice child will sink or melt in the Kelp Sea... (sad trombone noises)

I'm leveling a water right now for Kraken build - is this still a good option?

Throwing this question into the void:

What is the most current kelp bed recommendation, since some of the recommended element dergs and stats are now not working so well...?

e.g. ice was once a recommended element, it was also recommended that strength be increased to 133 from 125 or 126...now it appears an ice child will sink or melt in the Kelp Sea... (sad trombone noises)

I'm leveling a water right now for Kraken build - is this still a good option?

8d7o509.png
@Freyaneedscoffee

The tougher enemies added in the expansion made the zone a lot more difficult, and so 133 STR does look like the way to go if you want to train double fodder. I believe this guide is an updated take on the the build here. (I have not used that build though, so I am not 100% on all its details.)

Ice does look like it is still the optimal element for the double fodder build with only one weakness and three resistances.

Personally though, I'm not a fan training double fodder in the Kelp Beds anymore; it feels too unstable with all hit-trading. Here's a guide for a build that instead brings two dragons to train a single fodder.

Maki recommends Ice again, for the same reasons as above. However, I prefer Plague, with Water and Nature my second choices. I find that the most common source of elemental damage is the Abyss Strikers; they hit a QCK breakpoint against this build. Unfortunately, that is the one mage in the zone that is super effective against Ice. Plague resists those Abyss Strikers as well as a second mage while only being weak to two. Water and Nature resist three mages (like Ice) and are weak to two, but not weak to Abyss Strikers. All in all, I think all four of Ice, Plague, Water, and Nature are reasonable choices for your element, each with its own advantages and weaknesses.
@Freyaneedscoffee

The tougher enemies added in the expansion made the zone a lot more difficult, and so 133 STR does look like the way to go if you want to train double fodder. I believe this guide is an updated take on the the build here. (I have not used that build though, so I am not 100% on all its details.)

Ice does look like it is still the optimal element for the double fodder build with only one weakness and three resistances.

Personally though, I'm not a fan training double fodder in the Kelp Beds anymore; it feels too unstable with all hit-trading. Here's a guide for a build that instead brings two dragons to train a single fodder.

Maki recommends Ice again, for the same reasons as above. However, I prefer Plague, with Water and Nature my second choices. I find that the most common source of elemental damage is the Abyss Strikers; they hit a QCK breakpoint against this build. Unfortunately, that is the one mage in the zone that is super effective against Ice. Plague resists those Abyss Strikers as well as a second mage while only being weak to two. Water and Nature resist three mages (like Ice) and are weak to two, but not weak to Abyss Strikers. All in all, I think all four of Ice, Plague, Water, and Nature are reasonable choices for your element, each with its own advantages and weaknesses.
@RageAsylum thanks for the reply and the info! I think I've got my build correct but I need to be more aware of what I'm fighting in coli! I'll def take a look at these guides more in-depth once my brain decides it's a good idea :U
@RageAsylum thanks for the reply and the info! I think I've got my build correct but I need to be more aware of what I'm fighting in coli! I'll def take a look at these guides more in-depth once my brain decides it's a good idea :U
8d7o509.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27