Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds Kraken - 2 Fodder Trainer
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
@Ragnarok42

Once upon a time, Rally and Haste did an invisible heal based on the INT. It seems it was a bug because they patched it out a while back.

Additionally, since Scratch and Eliminate are so good, you rarely want to take a turn off with your physical dragons, so buffing usually falls to the mage dragons. That said, like with this build, dedicated mage dragons are pretty rare in optimized farming builds, so the physical dragons often end up buffing themselves.
@Ragnarok42

Once upon a time, Rally and Haste did an invisible heal based on the INT. It seems it was a bug because they patched it out a while back.

Additionally, since Scratch and Eliminate are so good, you rarely want to take a turn off with your physical dragons, so buffing usually falls to the mage dragons. That said, like with this build, dedicated mage dragons are pretty rare in optimized farming builds, so the physical dragons often end up buffing themselves.
@RageAsylum
yeah i know i was just thinking about potential ways to make more use of the extra turn before meditate exhaustion wears off
@RageAsylum
yeah i know i was just thinking about potential ways to make more use of the extra turn before meditate exhaustion wears off
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2018-06-30 08:13:20" ] @FeDog been playing with the build for awhile now and I have come to give my honest feedback! So my Kraken is Tyranus, an Ice dragon. The first version of the build I used was Meditate and he wound up just dying a lot (not sure what was up with that), so I switched back to Scratch (his original ability stone). Under optimal conditions - a survivable starter pack and not more than a couple refreshes the entire time - I can get 2 fodder to level 6 in just over 2 minutes, which makes the Kraken the fastest build I've ever used. The problem? In a dozen runs that I tested stats on, I only had optimal conditions twice. The other times it all took close to seven minutes or just over seven minutes to get 2 fodder to level 6... due to multiple refreshes. In one of the dozen runs where I timed everything, I had to refresh for a survivable starter pack (not 3 physicals, not a boss, not Abyss Strikers and a Relic Eel) nine times. Twice, in the twenty runs I didn't time, I remember having to refresh over two dozen times for a survivable starter pack, and it felt like it took longer than the Ruins usually takes in general. There's a lot of refreshing happening here, not just for a starter pack itself, but for low health on things like Depins and Mammertees (where you can't just OHKO with a Rallied Elim, you have to do Scratch or another attack first, and they can get hits in, in the meantime), and the ever-fun Eliminate dodges, which are not survivable. EDIT: I should also probably make it clear that the issue for me and what's slowing things down is the sheer amount of refreshing I have to do. I have the fastest wi-fi connection I can buy in my area so it's not a case of slow Internet speed, it's things like having to refresh a bunch of times to get a decent starter pack and then having to refresh a lot in-game either because of KO, Elim dodge, boss (and not enough health/breath to fight it), or my health being too low to be able to take on physicals who are gonna hit me. I also tried Tyranus with the 133 STR build and 2 fodder and he was wayyyy too squishy and died a lot, hence why he has the stats he's using now. (I also still had to refresh a lot when I was using 133 STR.) Meanwhile, my Ruins Raider can consistently level 2 dergs to 6 in 3 minutes (sometimes slightly under). On the occasion where RNG luck is really bad with needing to refresh, it still usually doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Verdict: Not good in a versus where speed is of the essence - as I said, it's the fastest build I've used under optimal conditions, the issue is that those conditions are rare, at least as far as my RNG luck is concerned. Not sure if my experience can be considered average or RNGesus just hates me. :P Otherwise, good as a change of pace from the Mire or Ruins (I have a third leveling spot to switch things up when I get tired, and thus avoid coli fatigue, which helps with consistent money-making), and I imagine this build would be very good indeed for leveling permas into the higher levels (especially when they can help out the trainer). Thank you and Rhabdo for putting this together! [/quote] My experience also - although I am encouraged to try again for levelling my own higher level permas who can help a little, while training a single fodder. I'm also trying with Water this time instead of Ice - the bosses don't get to hit using Reflect anyway, it's the usual packs I need help against, not bosses (they're just -SLO-O-W, although I'm thinking to try Reflect first, THEN hasting my trainer so the boss gets hasted instead, thereby getting more shots at himself before Reflect wears off (Cheeky huh! :D)
JonSnOwO wrote on 2018-06-30 08:13:20:
@FeDog been playing with the build for awhile now and I have come to give my honest feedback!

So my Kraken is Tyranus, an Ice dragon. The first version of the build I used was Meditate and he wound up just dying a lot (not sure what was up with that), so I switched back to Scratch (his original ability stone).

Under optimal conditions - a survivable starter pack and not more than a couple refreshes the entire time - I can get 2 fodder to level 6 in just over 2 minutes, which makes the Kraken the fastest build I've ever used.

The problem? In a dozen runs that I tested stats on, I only had optimal conditions twice. The other times it all took close to seven minutes or just over seven minutes to get 2 fodder to level 6... due to multiple refreshes. In one of the dozen runs where I timed everything, I had to refresh for a survivable starter pack (not 3 physicals, not a boss, not Abyss Strikers and a Relic Eel) nine times. Twice, in the twenty runs I didn't time, I remember having to refresh over two dozen times for a survivable starter pack, and it felt like it took longer than the Ruins usually takes in general.

There's a lot of refreshing happening here, not just for a starter pack itself, but for low health on things like Depins and Mammertees (where you can't just OHKO with a Rallied Elim, you have to do Scratch or another attack first, and they can get hits in, in the meantime), and the ever-fun Eliminate dodges, which are not survivable.

EDIT: I should also probably make it clear that the issue for me and what's slowing things down is the sheer amount of refreshing I have to do. I have the fastest wi-fi connection I can buy in my area so it's not a case of slow Internet speed, it's things like having to refresh a bunch of times to get a decent starter pack and then having to refresh a lot in-game either because of KO, Elim dodge, boss (and not enough health/breath to fight it), or my health being too low to be able to take on physicals who are gonna hit me. I also tried Tyranus with the 133 STR build and 2 fodder and he was wayyyy too squishy and died a lot, hence why he has the stats he's using now. (I also still had to refresh a lot when I was using 133 STR.)

Meanwhile, my Ruins Raider can consistently level 2 dergs to 6 in 3 minutes (sometimes slightly under). On the occasion where RNG luck is really bad with needing to refresh, it still usually doesn't take longer than 5 minutes.

Verdict:

Not good in a versus where speed is of the essence - as I said, it's the fastest build I've used under optimal conditions, the issue is that those conditions are rare, at least as far as my RNG luck is concerned. Not sure if my experience can be considered average or RNGesus just hates me. :P

Otherwise, good as a change of pace from the Mire or Ruins (I have a third leveling spot to switch things up when I get tired, and thus avoid coli fatigue, which helps with consistent money-making), and I imagine this build would be very good indeed for leveling permas into the higher levels (especially when they can help out the trainer).

Thank you and Rhabdo for putting this together!

My experience also - although I am encouraged to try again for levelling my own higher level permas who can help a little, while training a single fodder.
I'm also trying with Water this time instead of Ice - the bosses don't get to hit using Reflect anyway, it's the usual packs I need help against, not bosses (they're just -SLO-O-W, although I'm thinking to try Reflect first, THEN hasting my trainer so the boss gets hasted instead, thereby getting more shots at himself before Reflect wears off (Cheeky huh! :D)
qDkA25S.png
oh dear, I have 126STR and I can't 3xscratch Octoflyers or Maren Warriors.
This is making it terribly hard to get setup on occasions.

I was doing so well first round until I hit a boss and discovered I hadn't put a Reflect on when tincturing!
oh dear, I have 126STR and I can't 3xscratch Octoflyers or Maren Warriors.
This is making it terribly hard to get setup on occasions.

I was doing so well first round until I hit a boss and discovered I hadn't put a Reflect on when tincturing!
qDkA25S.png
So I played around with this build since I was bored with running the mire. This is what I did and found.
Here is my dragon with the final build. https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62804849

She has 128 St and 54 Quick
Stoned like a mire flyer.
Oh, I level my fodder to 10 when I can.

2 fodder kelp trainer. But, Delphin, Kelp tender and Mammertee must slash and eliminate, the rest die with eliminate only.
I did not try any bosses with this build.
So the only difference between using Slash and Meditate that I found was how quickly you generated breath.
Haste is good for adding breath and does help with speed with some mobs with this build. You will get 2 shots on the third go around with some mobs. And I didn’t find a stone that I would rather use than haste.
I found I prefer slash over meditate. 1. that is what I use in the rest of the previous instances so it is consistent with my muscle memory and 2. Delphin, Kelp tender and Mammertee’s take me out no matter which I use.

So I played around with this build since I was bored with running the mire. This is what I did and found.
Here is my dragon with the final build. https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62804849

She has 128 St and 54 Quick
Stoned like a mire flyer.
Oh, I level my fodder to 10 when I can.

2 fodder kelp trainer. But, Delphin, Kelp tender and Mammertee must slash and eliminate, the rest die with eliminate only.
I did not try any bosses with this build.
So the only difference between using Slash and Meditate that I found was how quickly you generated breath.
Haste is good for adding breath and does help with speed with some mobs with this build. You will get 2 shots on the third go around with some mobs. And I didn’t find a stone that I would rather use than haste.
I found I prefer slash over meditate. 1. that is what I use in the rest of the previous instances so it is consistent with my muscle memory and 2. Delphin, Kelp tender and Mammertee’s take me out no matter which I use.

Saving this!!
Saving this!!
AOlGDZc.png
YbKpooC.pngYMPbu9R.png
@Taszzer
{ ey/em }{ fr time }
Scry-213x50.png
cHPyeRh.png
Alright, I wanted to do some Kelp Bed brawlin' to farm for the new apparel and maybe level some fodder. I find the 2 fodder model takes way too much time because of having to restart/dying too often, I've tried with both meditate and scratch. Not for me. I took a second dragon in to make a team, giving one scratch and one meditate with the same stats. Plague and water both have no week spots to casters (Plague being better with 0 weakness and 4 strengths, water is 0:3). The bosses are still a bit of a gamble, the blue one deals extra damage to both but the green one is do-able with Adora(plague) having a resist. Honestly this team would be better with 2 plague dragons, I just didn't have that on hand (plague is also really good for the Crystal Pools, so that's what my other level 25 plagues are built for) You want the dragon with meditate to go first, to rally the scratch dragon. I might change haste to reflect on the water dragon, to make the Wave Sweeper easier to survive. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=74599352][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745994/74599352.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44853016][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/448531/44853016.png[/img][/url] [/center] That's my experience so far. You still have to rallly+scratch+elim Kelp Tenders, Mammertee, and Depin. Everything else is rally+Elim.
Alright, I wanted to do some Kelp Bed brawlin' to farm for the new apparel and maybe level some fodder. I find the 2 fodder model takes way too much time because of having to restart/dying too often, I've tried with both meditate and scratch. Not for me.

I took a second dragon in to make a team, giving one scratch and one meditate with the same stats. Plague and water both have no week spots to casters (Plague being better with 0 weakness and 4 strengths, water is 0:3). The bosses are still a bit of a gamble, the blue one deals extra damage to both but the green one is do-able with Adora(plague) having a resist. Honestly this team would be better with 2 plague dragons, I just didn't have that on hand (plague is also really good for the Crystal Pools, so that's what my other level 25 plagues are built for)

You want the dragon with meditate to go first, to rally the scratch dragon. I might change haste to reflect on the water dragon, to make the Wave Sweeper easier to survive.
74599352.png44853016.png

That's my experience so far. You still have to rallly+scratch+elim Kelp Tenders, Mammertee, and Depin. Everything else is rally+Elim.
41410.png UMA for sale.
Some more thoughts on choosing a type for the Kelp beds! This assumes you're using a dragon with strength/berserk, not intelligence/elemental-ability-stone. That's a totally different data set because we'd have to look at ALL the monsters in the venue. If you're not casting, you only have to look at what elements damage *you*. So here's the casters of the venue, with the two bosses at the bottom. The Relic Eel is greyed out because he IS a caster, but has no elemental attack he's just gonna sap you. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/810381713028153357/939009835079438346/unknown.png[/img] The way to use this is, lets say you want to use an earth dragon. There are 4 earth icons in the red box, that means 4 enemies will deal you extra damage, and one earth icon to the right which means you'll resist one enemy; a bad choice of dragon. Plague dragon has five resistances, but they are weak to the Mantarune, which WILL hit you. Water has three resists, but it's weak to both bosses, so that's a problem if you want to take them on. Ice also has three resistances and it strong against both bosses, you just have to watch out for Abyss Strikers. Fire is strong against both bosses, but has three weaknesses to casters so only use that if your boss-farming maybe (refreshing for bosses & not doing normal battles). I think I'll make a team of one plague and one ice to farm stuff and for when I need to level one dragon really fast. I'll be taking on the bosses in my runs. I still really like having one dragon with meditate/eliminate and one with scratch/eliminate. I use that set up for the Waterway, you have one dragon that can get breath really fast and one that can scratch when you need to build breath. I made this chart because visual colour coded info is much easier for me understand, so now everyone has to look at it : 0 There are a lot of good options depending on what you want to do, I hope this helps people decide who they want to level up.
Some more thoughts on choosing a type for the Kelp beds! This assumes you're using a dragon with strength/berserk, not intelligence/elemental-ability-stone. That's a totally different data set because we'd have to look at ALL the monsters in the venue. If you're not casting, you only have to look at what elements damage *you*. So here's the casters of the venue, with the two bosses at the bottom. The Relic Eel is greyed out because he IS a caster, but has no elemental attack he's just gonna sap you.

unknown.png

The way to use this is, lets say you want to use an earth dragon. There are 4 earth icons in the red box, that means 4 enemies will deal you extra damage, and one earth icon to the right which means you'll resist one enemy; a bad choice of dragon. Plague dragon has five resistances, but they are weak to the Mantarune, which WILL hit you. Water has three resists, but it's weak to both bosses, so that's a problem if you want to take them on. Ice also has three resistances and it strong against both bosses, you just have to watch out for Abyss Strikers. Fire is strong against both bosses, but has three weaknesses to casters so only use that if your boss-farming maybe (refreshing for bosses & not doing normal battles).

I think I'll make a team of one plague and one ice to farm stuff and for when I need to level one dragon really fast. I'll be taking on the bosses in my runs. I still really like having one dragon with meditate/eliminate and one with scratch/eliminate. I use that set up for the Waterway, you have one dragon that can get breath really fast and one that can scratch when you need to build breath.

I made this chart because visual colour coded info is much easier for me understand, so now everyone has to look at it : 0
There are a lot of good options depending on what you want to do, I hope this helps people decide who they want to level up.
41410.png UMA for sale.
After many tinctures, here is the one I'm personally happiest with, at least so far. Same stones, but he's 127str 13vit 55qck My main two issues with these builds have been refreshing and squishyness. But once set up and with some good luck this boi gets thru easy with scratch-eliminate and he can take a few hits as well. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72739202][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/727393/72739202.png[/img][/url]
After many tinctures, here is the one I'm personally happiest with, at least so far.
Same stones, but he's 127str 13vit 55qck
My main two issues with these builds have been refreshing and squishyness. But once set up and with some good luck this boi gets thru easy with scratch-eliminate and he can take a few hits as well.
72739202.png
HDO2jDv.png
eqbW1c0.png
dEe2UrM.png
ca4nyRv.png
HiUKwXG.png
Vy4p09w.png
rV2xMCr.png

K5rKTc7.png
has anyone looked into how the kelp beds update affects these builds?
has anyone looked into how the kelp beds update affects these builds?
UbKoyZq.png
. . .
5kODyPT.gif
x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x
7YlUtCc.png
. . .]
qiTymVx.png tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo8_100.png
. . .]
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27