Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How Big the Dragons Really Are
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
I.... I wanted this but it bothers me a lot..... I'm just.... also I believe in ome part of the lore a mirror was kinda dragging a ridgeback around which is canonically like a mastiff being bossed around by a mosquito hahahahaha
I.... I wanted this but it bothers me a lot..... I'm just.... also I believe in ome part of the lore a mirror was kinda dragging a ridgeback around which is canonically like a mastiff being bossed around by a mosquito hahahahaha
@Rawrnoodle Thanks :D

@Deladria Thank you!! Yeah I was surprised by the ridgebacks size too I thought they would be closer to guardians than imps I size. And like, everyone can choose whether or not they want to think about the size differences in their lore :D

@Hollabackgrrl yeah it is quite ridiculous when you compare them like that :D I don't know how intended these size differences are from the staff, I just did the math with the sprites and the lenght data provided.
@Rawrnoodle Thanks :D

@Deladria Thank you!! Yeah I was surprised by the ridgebacks size too I thought they would be closer to guardians than imps I size. And like, everyone can choose whether or not they want to think about the size differences in their lore :D

@Hollabackgrrl yeah it is quite ridiculous when you compare them like that :D I don't know how intended these size differences are from the staff, I just did the math with the sprites and the lenght data provided.
..... lMvwFAW.png Everything Nice the Hatchery PZMAyBy.png ............
they/them
it/its
plagueling
Wishlist
free buttons
Firstly, I'm really happy that someone did this! We've had a few similar things done in the past but they haven't been completed or updated in years.

I like the head-and-withers technique you used, since it's really helpful from a visual standpoint. For your comment on Faes, is it possible they're similar to tree lizards? They're said to be tree-dwelling, and lizards tend to spread their limbs out sideways, making their standing height shorter than you'd think it would be, even though they have longish limbs.

I'm also wondering, where did you get your averages from? From what I can tell, you mostly used dragons from your own lair, right? Would you be looking for data from other users to get a better estimate?
Firstly, I'm really happy that someone did this! We've had a few similar things done in the past but they haven't been completed or updated in years.

I like the head-and-withers technique you used, since it's really helpful from a visual standpoint. For your comment on Faes, is it possible they're similar to tree lizards? They're said to be tree-dwelling, and lizards tend to spread their limbs out sideways, making their standing height shorter than you'd think it would be, even though they have longish limbs.

I'm also wondering, where did you get your averages from? From what I can tell, you mostly used dragons from your own lair, right? Would you be looking for data from other users to get a better estimate?
Na5WGHa.png
@jousama Thank you!! Hmm that Fae theory sounds logical I should do the maths fron that point of view :D

For the average sizes I used Rauxels Dragonkind Measures Masterpost. For breeds that didnt have data in either version of the statistics I looked at my own dragons. The averages probably aren't that accurate since I rounded them to be even numbers (also I did the study mosty in middle of the night so there can also be errors due that.) But, I am currently doing more charts to show the size variety better in each breed :D

Link to the statistics: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1578819/1
@jousama Thank you!! Hmm that Fae theory sounds logical I should do the maths fron that point of view :D

For the average sizes I used Rauxels Dragonkind Measures Masterpost. For breeds that didnt have data in either version of the statistics I looked at my own dragons. The averages probably aren't that accurate since I rounded them to be even numbers (also I did the study mosty in middle of the night so there can also be errors due that.) But, I am currently doing more charts to show the size variety better in each breed :D

Link to the statistics: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1578819/1
they/them
it/its
plagueling
Wishlist
free buttons
Oh I see! I look forward to seeing those new charts when they come out then. :D
Oh I see! I look forward to seeing those new charts when they come out then. :D
Na5WGHa.png
@Memelukkikala is the multiplier for male tundras the same as the multiplier for females? I was just about to do my progens when I realized that your tundra multiplier says female
@Memelukkikala is the multiplier for male tundras the same as the multiplier for females? I was just about to do my progens when I realized that your tundra multiplier says female
Y02PS6v.png
@Jousama I can tag you when they are ready of you want :D It's probably going to take few days since easter is in the weekend and all.

@ShadesofFantasy multiplier for male tundra happens to be the same that it is for the female :D I have been measuring the sprites not yet included in my study, but its probably going to take few days since easter is in the weekend and all.

The new results so far are:
tundra male: 0.56
mirror male: 0.4
bogsneak female: 0.46
coaltl male: 0.48

If you want I can tag you when I have updated the multiplier list!
@Jousama I can tag you when they are ready of you want :D It's probably going to take few days since easter is in the weekend and all.

@ShadesofFantasy multiplier for male tundra happens to be the same that it is for the female :D I have been measuring the sprites not yet included in my study, but its probably going to take few days since easter is in the weekend and all.

The new results so far are:
tundra male: 0.56
mirror male: 0.4
bogsneak female: 0.46
coaltl male: 0.48

If you want I can tag you when I have updated the multiplier list!
they/them
it/its
plagueling
Wishlist
free buttons
Understandable! Don't worry about taking some time and enjoy your Easter. ^-^

No need for tagging, I'll subscribe to the thread and check it from that.
Understandable! Don't worry about taking some time and enjoy your Easter. ^-^

No need for tagging, I'll subscribe to the thread and check it from that.
Na5WGHa.png
I've done the same study for my personal use and did roughly get to the same measurements. :)
I've done the same study for my personal use and did roughly get to the same measurements. :)
jPdGQf9.gif
@Lya That is nice to hear! if two people get roughly the same results its more likely that they are correct :D
@Lya That is nice to hear! if two people get roughly the same results its more likely that they are correct :D
they/them
it/its
plagueling
Wishlist
free buttons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18