Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | "Pair Finder" breeding spreadsheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Avis
It worked for one day and then it broke again as soon as I added another female dragon. :(

Same error message in the same place. It does work when I click "yes" on exclude pairs, but not when I click "no".

I did what you suggested on columns GHI and columns QRS, but it didn't seem to fix the problem this time. Now all the GHI/QRS cells without a dragon in that row say #N/A instead of #VALUE . Is that supposed to happen?

Here's the link again, if you need it.
@Avis
It worked for one day and then it broke again as soon as I added another female dragon. :(

Same error message in the same place. It does work when I click "yes" on exclude pairs, but not when I click "no".

I did what you suggested on columns GHI and columns QRS, but it didn't seem to fix the problem this time. Now all the GHI/QRS cells without a dragon in that row say #N/A instead of #VALUE . Is that supposed to happen?

Here's the link again, if you need it.
Art by Drytil
@Avis
Sorry for the double ping, but I thought of more info that might help illuminate the problem.

The dragon I added, Nightfall, was Midnight/Midnight/Goldenrod.
My goal dragon is Midnight/Midnight/Gold.

"I wonder if the gold/goldenrod thing is throwing off the color comparison", I thought.

Changing the new dragon's colors to Midnight/Midnight/Amber makes the sheet work again. Is it possible that the sheet was breaking because it thought I already had my goal dragon (scanning Goldenrod for the word Gold and then stopping when it saw a match)?
@Avis
Sorry for the double ping, but I thought of more info that might help illuminate the problem.

The dragon I added, Nightfall, was Midnight/Midnight/Goldenrod.
My goal dragon is Midnight/Midnight/Gold.

"I wonder if the gold/goldenrod thing is throwing off the color comparison", I thought.

Changing the new dragon's colors to Midnight/Midnight/Amber makes the sheet work again. Is it possible that the sheet was breaking because it thought I already had my goal dragon (scanning Goldenrod for the word Gold and then stopping when it saw a match)?
Art by Drytil
@Addmon

First, yes, they are supposed to say #N/A if there's no dragon in the row. And second, not a bad thought but no, it isn't doing a wildcard match. The numbers in the previously hidden columns are actually the color ID - that's the number of the color in the FR system. e.g. Maize is 1, and so on. Gold is 111 and Goldenrod is 100.

I think there's something else going wrong with the sorting function if for no other reason than now that I'm looking at it, they're not actually in order..... but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I'll keep working on it.

In the meantime, setting the max range to 10 seems to eliminate the problem pairings from your sheet, if that's helpful.
@Addmon

First, yes, they are supposed to say #N/A if there's no dragon in the row. And second, not a bad thought but no, it isn't doing a wildcard match. The numbers in the previously hidden columns are actually the color ID - that's the number of the color in the FR system. e.g. Maize is 1, and so on. Gold is 111 and Goldenrod is 100.

I think there's something else going wrong with the sorting function if for no other reason than now that I'm looking at it, they're not actually in order..... but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I'll keep working on it.

In the meantime, setting the max range to 10 seems to eliminate the problem pairings from your sheet, if that's helpful.
@Avis
I completely forgot about the max range option. Thanks, I'll use that workaround when it gives me problems.
@Avis
I completely forgot about the max range option. Thanks, I'll use that workaround when it gives me problems.
Art by Drytil
Update time!
@Cassolotl @Rosekitten @Addmon @squishy0599 @Pemnumi

Thanks to Addmon's troubles, I have realized my sort function was utterly busted and, after beating my head against a wall for an hour, have sorted (ha) it out.

~ TO UPDATE CURRENT SHEETS ~

Step #1: Make a new copy of the Blank Pair Finder spreadsheet.

Step #2 option A: Paste your dragon etc. info into the new copy. Less technical but a bit overkill for this situation.

Step #2 option B: Go to the copy of the blank you just made and go to Tools > Script editor..., copy all the code in that window, go to YOUR spreadsheet, open Tools > Script editor... there too, paste the code in over the existing code, and Ctrl+S to save.

Step #3: Enjoy!
Update time!
@Cassolotl @Rosekitten @Addmon @squishy0599 @Pemnumi

Thanks to Addmon's troubles, I have realized my sort function was utterly busted and, after beating my head against a wall for an hour, have sorted (ha) it out.

~ TO UPDATE CURRENT SHEETS ~

Step #1: Make a new copy of the Blank Pair Finder spreadsheet.

Step #2 option A: Paste your dragon etc. info into the new copy. Less technical but a bit overkill for this situation.

Step #2 option B: Go to the copy of the blank you just made and go to Tools > Script editor..., copy all the code in that window, go to YOUR spreadsheet, open Tools > Script editor... there too, paste the code in over the existing code, and Ctrl+S to save.

Step #3: Enjoy!
@Avis
Yessss it works again!

Thank you for the fix.
@Avis
Yessss it works again!

Thank you for the fix.
Art by Drytil
Giving this a bit of a bump so the new people can find it more easily! :D
Giving this a bit of a bump so the new people can find it more easily! :D
@Avis

Can you add me to the updates pinglist? This looks like it'd be very useful.
@Avis

Can you add me to the updates pinglist? This looks like it'd be very useful.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@mnkn10 Sure thing! I hope it does prove useful for you!
@mnkn10 Sure thing! I hope it does prove useful for you!
This is so useful, thank you so much!!!
This is so useful, thank you so much!!!
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giftumblr_nt4hwnsxQD1tm17oeo3_75sq.pngegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giftumblr_nt4hwnsxQD1tm17oeo1_75sq.pngegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8